[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to make a thread about ANY Marvel movie >shitposted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: Man-of-Steel_01.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Man-of-Steel_01.jpg
270 KB, 1920x1200
>try to make a thread about ANY Marvel movie
>shitposted into oblivion with HURR SAFE HURR NO SOUL

>make a MoS thread
>260 replies

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>78582514
Except all these 260 replies in MoS threads are shitposts.

Christ, this movie is 3 years old and it still can easily spark a flamewar.
>>
>>78582514
Because mosfags are the worst fandom on 4chan, including morrisonfags, bronies and the entirety of /a/
>>
File: man of steel bingo.jpg (584 KB, 1342x1528) Image search: [Google]
man of steel bingo.jpg
584 KB, 1342x1528
>>78582514
>>
The word "soulless" should be fucking instaban.
>>
>>78582595
>SPY FILM
Every time.
>>
>>78582514
because its a polarizing flick.
is it a bad movie? is it barely good?
and... bcuse 250 out of those 260 replies are pure unadultered shitposting.
>>
I honestly think any movie that is guaranteed to make bazillions and get tons of stupidly good initial reviews should have points taken for playing it safe and taking no risks at all. I'll use SW:TFA as an example. It could've come out and been extremely mediocre not saying it isn't but it'd still get scores in the high 90's and making billions. Quality doesn't fucking matter for this shit anymore and it is still so safe.
>>
File: 1451580367826.jpg (32 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1451580367826.jpg
32 KB, 399x388
>>78582643
>there are people who think a film is good if it is polarizing
>>
>>78582643
I think it's a good movie with questionable pacing and that throws off most people...Which is fair. But a lot of the ideas they try to touch on seem a lot more poignant once you see some of the trailers for BvS.

I really think MoS will be scene as a better film once we have it's sequel.
>>
>>78582667
>movies should take risks and add stupid scenes just so i can feel like it isnt "corporate"

jump off a cliff, cunt
>>
>>78582667
BvS doesn't look to be playing it safe.

>EisenLuthor
>100% SnyderVision
>Campy weirdness

Gonna polarise the shit out of people.
>>
>>78582723
>wacky, joker-like villain
>snyder anything
>quips

100% safe
>>
>>78582514
>make a thread about a live-action movie or tv show on /co/
>it doesn't get deleted no matter how irrelevant it is

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>78582673
I'm saying its good because it is polarizing.
I'm just saying its polarizing.
learn to read anon.
>>
>>78582758
>joker-like

Pleb detected.
>>
>>78582772
Same reason "Purple Man did NOTHING wrong" threads weren't deleted.
>>
>>78582797
They are making Luthor into a jokester to get the Joker-like audience
>>
>>78582514
>>
File: henry is vampire.jpg (82 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
henry is vampire.jpg
82 KB, 416x416
>>78582840
ebin
Anyone have the non-vampire version of this?
>>
>>78582819
A "jokester"? What jokes did he tell? How is his portrayal anything like The Joker at all? He banters at a party, is that really Joker-like in your mind? Go and actually read some Joker books before you talk next time.
>>
>>78582514
I love MoS
>>
>>78583017
Kill yourself
>>
>>78583164
I will not. It's a good movie.
>>
>>78583268
I like it too friend
>>
>>78583480
I am happy that I am your friend.
God knows I should have more friends.
>>
>>78582514
Because MoS is a good film and Marvel movies by and large suck
>>
>>78583513
/thread
>>
>>78582673
> There are people that think a film would be better catering to every ass fucked stupid nostalgic childish camp addicted mother fucker out there rather than trying new things.
>>
>>78582514
Because Warner Bros hired tons of shills to defend that piece of shit.

Marvel movies make enough money on their own they don't need to hire faggots to defend it on 4chan

except for me
>>
>>78583480
>>78583502
Mah niggas.
>>
>>78582514
MAN
OF
MURDER
>>
>>78583601
I am also glad that I am finally someone's nigger.
I was waiting for this day waaay too long to happen.
>>
>>78583583
Can you get me a job interview?
>>
File: company wars copy.jpg (110 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
company wars copy.jpg
110 KB, 480x479
Am I missing anything here?
>>
File: Penguin_scooby_doo.jpg (42 KB, 1091x763) Image search: [Google]
Penguin_scooby_doo.jpg
42 KB, 1091x763
>>78582514
Marvel movies are forgettable.
DC movies are unforgettable, no matter if good or bad.
Beautiful, isn't it?
>>
>>78583629
Aww... you're welcome, anon.
>>
>>78583583
>they don't need to hire faggots to defend it on 4chan
What for? They do it for free!
>>
>>78583583
So what you're saying is you're worthless enough to work for free.
>>
>>78583664
This year is going to be great.
I am happy that I post on the same board as you, GentlemanAnon
>>
>>78582514
People shit on whatever is most popular to make themselves feel better than others. The more popular something is, the more people will nitpick it or look for flaws to prove others are wrong. And on the internet especially, you can make money by trying to upset fans of something. The more popular it is, the more fans it has, and the easier it is to rile them up.
>>
>>78583658
But we like talking about it.
>>
Im visiting in Mexico at the moment, and I got bored of the games I had laying around so I decided to buy movie, and one of then was Age of Ultron. Though I hate Marvel movies for how they're all the same, I gave it an honest shot and decided to sit through all of it. The most boring fucking hours I had to sit through in a long time.
It was a long movie, and I felt they didn't use their time we'll. Why was Ultron having funny scenes? He forgot what children were? Why did quicksilver just step in front of the bullets, why not push Hawkeye and the kid slightly to the right? Why did Thor, Iron Man, abd Vision stop attacking Ultron when he was almost finished? Was it for the funny scene of Hulk punching him midsentence? Why so many jokes in a serious movie? "you had to ask" Jesus Christ.
>>
>>78584042
You should have seen the first movie.
Actually, you shouldn't
Remember that Marvel is disney
>>
File: 1354493268251.jpg (27 KB, 623x465) Image search: [Google]
1354493268251.jpg
27 KB, 623x465
If capefags are fans of continually successful billion dollar franchises recognized around the world, why do they have the biggest victim complexes on an anonymous imageboard?
>>
>>78584178
Have you read Frankenstein (aka Punisher by Dillon)? We created a monster
>>
>>78584042
Fuck my spelling errors, I was eating and don't regret anything.
>>
I loved tbqh
>>
>>78584042
Right on all counts, except "why did quicksilver step in front of the bullets and not push Hawkeye and the kid to the right"

That's what he did. Before ultron fires at them, they duck, and there is no car behind them, then quicksilver runs out there and suddenly they are behind that flipped car, slightly to the right.
>>
File: tumblr_n6csvq7xAI1sdouqio1_400.gif (621 KB, 300x175) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6csvq7xAI1sdouqio1_400.gif
621 KB, 300x175
MAN OF GENOCIDE
>>
>>78582514
>>make a MoS thread
>>260 replies
You realize that's all shitposting right?
>>
>>78582667
So what you're saying is Fant4Stic should be praised?

>Quality doesn't fucking matter for this shit anymore
And that's why Jonah Hex was a rapid success
>>
>>78584503
Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. I don't want to compare him go the Xmen version since that's stupid, but I figured that if he was able to block most of the bullets coming towards them with his body, he would only have to move them a bit to one side so they wouldn't get hit. I didn't pay much attention to their surroundings, that was my fault.. I was just bored out of my mind by then.
>>
>>78583547
>MoS
>trying new things

It literally just tries to replicate the success of Batman Begins by giving Superman a similar backstory. The first half of the film is even composed the same way in terms of what flashbacks happen when and what they're supposed to show, except it's paced far less competently.

You know what would be a legitimately new thing for Snyder? Making a good film.
>>
>>78582514
So what, those 260 replies are shitposts too.
>>
>>78582643
Yeah, people can't reach consensus as to why the movie is shit.
>>
MoS threads are just slightly more elaborate Baneposting.
>>
File: boss of the gym.png (288 KB, 660x466) Image search: [Google]
boss of the gym.png
288 KB, 660x466
>>78585326
This.
They are /co/'s equivalent of the Leatherhead and boss of the gym threads in /v/
>>
>>78585311
BECAUSE THE CRITICS TOLD ME SO THATS WHY
>>
>>78582514
>try to make a thread about ANY Marvel movie
Why is THIS allowed?
>>
>>78585256
It was new for SUPERMAN specifically.
And it was paced perfectly fucking fine.

> You know what would be a legitimately new thing for Snyder? Making a good film.
Dawn of the Dead = Among the best modern horror remakes out there and easily in the top 6 Zombie movies ever with NOTLD and its remake, the original Dawn, Zombie 79 and Rotld.
300 = It accomplished exactly what it set out to be and that was a visually iconic fantastical epic war film.
Watchmen = Lessened by the poor female casting and time constraints limiting what depth he could add to a story that has endless layers, it's still turned out to be a damn fucking good film.
Sucker Punch = Well intentioned, competently made failure. Mainly dew to it just being too dark and nihilistic and so it made the sexy action scenes come off as exploitative rather than fun.
Man of Steel = Moderately flawed utterly fucking fantastic modern adaption of Superman.
>>
Personally I think the DC offerings look drab, uninspired, waaay too MTV and just depressing. I honestly think these films are made for the generation of today who could not give a flying f**k about narrative, characterisation and basically a satisfying story with a decent beginning, middle and end. I won't be seeing these at all. Man of Steel was enough, the last straw as it were and I just cannot sit through a "movie" with very little resembling a "movie" within it.

There is a ten year gap between me and my partner and we're constantly at loggerheads over this kind of stuff, so I do think the younger generation have no idea of how to appreciate a movie. Try showing the ORIGINAL Ladykillers to a teenager - they should love it and adore it as it really is a great film - but they wouldn't as there are no explosions, no tits and requires use. Of. Brain.
>>
>>78588246
>narrative, characterization and basically a satisfying story with a decent beginning, middle and end
But all these things are perfectly intact in MOS you blind fucking idiot.

And what the god damn fuck does "way too mtv" mean? No Supergirl is the type of mother fucking dreck mtv would appreciate. Fuck you and burn in hell mother fucker.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.