[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bendis getting exposed >Bendis writes Avengers >adds Spider-man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 10
Bendis getting exposed

>Bendis writes Avengers
>adds Spider-man & Wolverine to the team
>sales go up

>Bendis writes GotG
>adds popular characters from 3 different series (Spider-man, X-men, FF) to the team
>Sales go up

>Bendis writes X-men
>adds the original x-men to the team since he's restricted to just mutants and they're the weirdest additions he can make
>sales don't drop much

>Bendis writes Iron-man
>add Mary Jane Watson to the book since he's run out of popular characters to add since it's not a team book
>sales keep falling
>>
>>78554904
>adds the original x-men
I'll be triggered forever.
>>
>>78554925
to be fair Iron-man just sucks. They could do MJ cheesecake spreads at the center of each and they still wouldn't sell.
>>
>>78555093
I'd like to see Johns work his magic, managed to make some gains with Aquaman
>>
>Bendis writes Spider-Woman
>sales tank
>waaah the artist was tired of drawing Spider-Woman so we had to stop

>Bendis writes Moon Knight
>sales tank
>it was intended to run just for a handful of issues
>>
>>78555150
My king Geoff can do it but Senor Agua is actually a pretty cool guy though. IMO Stark and his armor are pretty flat story-wise.
>>
>>78554904
I can't wait for the 2010s to end, it's worse than the 90s for comics.
>>
File: 4455768690.jpg (110 KB, 250x397) Image search: [Google]
4455768690.jpg
110 KB, 250x397
>>78555195
If he's not writing big franchise, Bendis is a nobody.
>>
>>78555204
As lost in XTREME as the 90s were at least they weren't just lost lol. I feel like these days writers literally just don't know what to do anymore.
>>
>>78555204
For Marvel

Though I'm not enjoying this post-Convergence status quo for DC either
>>
>>78555240
I'll never understand the people who claim Bendis has fans

When he finishes making a book like GL outsell Batman and then moving onto Aquaman, doubling it's normal sales then I'll respect him
>>
Thing is, Iron Man is a stale character. They come up with a new suit gimmick and his supporting cast is pretty minimal. He isn't the new Spider-Man because there nothing left to build upon.
>>
Bendis success is entirely based around big character and great artists. That’s his entire reason of being, and he knows that too. He knows that if he’s not writing Guardians, or Iron Man, or Spider-Man, in the middle of superhero-movie age, he’s a nobody. Why do you think he’s the only one of the Marvel big “architects” that didn’t go and make his own creator series at Image? Surely, if he’s such a big name, people would love to read more books written by him, right?

Except they don’t, and all the creator-owned books he has made since becoming Marvel’s Top fatass in command failed miserably: the new Powers series that went nowhere, the Scarlet series he never finishes, that Brilliant for Icon that disappeared from the face of the earth.
>>
>>78555243
Yeah, they at least had a direction to go to, and there was some resemblance of continuity. Not as much as in the 80s due to nonstop crossovers, but there was some.

Now we just have every writer doing their own thing, without anyone giving a single fuck. It's like writers become such superstars that the editors have no way of telling them no.

>>78555246
Don't worry, that status quo will change again in a year after the next crossover. If they won't end up rebooting the entire universe, I mean.
>>
>>78555240
I thought Scarlet was a decent book...... not amazing but decent....
>>
>>78555497
He was trying way to hard to be stylish/quirky at times

It was cringeworthy
>>
Who is the worst writer of all, and why?
>>
>>78555682
Hackman, nothing happens for the longest time, the payoff cannot be good enough and it doesn't suddenly make 100 shit issues good
>>
>>78554904
>Someone adds popular characters to boost sales

Wow you are exposing the secrets of the industry faggot. Who could have thought that adding popular characters would increase sales!!! It's incredible. Next you will tell me that add variants increase sales as well.

Mind blooooooooooown.
>>
>>78555497
Hey man, I like Scarlet, but notice how they're not even attempting to finish it. I mean, when did the last issue come out?
>>
>>78555882
almost three years ago...... yeah its been forgotten.
>>
>>78555093
>>78555150
Iron Man has so much potential as a character but no writer has ever really done it much justice.
>>
>>78556156
>Iron Man has so much potential as a character
Not really, shit villain, shit cast, shallow MC
>>
>>78556175
But Iron Man himself is cool.

What they need to do is just give him a bunch of great new villains and a great new cast.
>>
>>78556570
Also write him some stories worth a damn.
>>
>>78556570
Iron Man's real problem is that he's a science fiction hero who's main villains we're all communists and later industrialist robber barons. I like the brief kim jong il mandarin they had going before he became yet another doctor doom wannabe but in general we can't expect anything good from bendis on ironman since he's no good at superhero stories much less scifi.
>>
>>78556673
Exactly. They need to tone down that kind of political supervillain (although I'm down with cyberpunk corrupt executive types) and give him more science-fiction supervillains. I already have a few ideas in my head.
>>
>>78556777
Spill them.
>>
>>78556841
I honestly don't want /co/ taking my ideas. I'm very careful to actually talk about my ideas on here, lest some people steal them for their own use.
>>
>>78556777
>more science-fiction supervillains
Sci-fi is on the down right now
>>
>>78556860
Fair enough.
>>
File: Sheev Bendis.png (194 KB, 296x428) Image search: [Google]
Sheev Bendis.png
194 KB, 296x428
Good, GOOD...
>>
>>78554904
>>Bendis writes Avengers
>>adds Spider-man & Wolverine to the team
>>sales go up

They also went significantly down at the end.

>>Bendis writes GotG
>>adds popular characters from 3 different series (Spider-man, X-men, FF) to the team
>>Sales go up

Variant covers.

>>Bendis writes X-men
>>adds the original x-men to the team since he's restricted to just mutants and they're the weirdest additions he can make
>>sales don't drop much

Variant covers and a fanbase used to putting up with total shit on multiple crossover titles for years at a time.

>>Bendis writes Iron-man
>>add Mary Jane Watson to the book since he's run out of popular characters to add since it's not a team book
>>sales keep falling

Iron Man was never a popular comic book.
>>
>>78555204
90s weren't as bad as people make them out to be. Thunderbolts anyone?
>>
>>78556931
Variant covers isn't the answer to everything, if it was, Inhumans would be selling red hot right now.
>>
>>78556867
Sadly, but it's still prominent to give a fucking sci-fi themed superhero some sci-fi themed supervillains. Sci-fi is intrinsically linked with capeshit anyway. In fact, capeshit kinda segues in with every other genre.

>>78556884
Thanks for understanding, Anon.

Generally the less serious I am about my ideas, the more likely I am to actually share them with /co/.
>>
>>78555387
That's why he isn't writing the new Luke Cage and Iron Fist series.
>>
>>78556967
Marvel surely acts like variant covers are answer to everything.
>>
>>78555856
I shouldn't waste my time on you, but for others anon reading this thread, Bendis opened a pandora box, as before him, the characters were mostly contained to their respectable franchises. Sure, Beast was for a while an Avenger, Defender, but ultimately he was an X-Man. However, Bendis went one step further, not only he added the two most popular characters to the Avengers, he also made a complete melting pot, with characters from various franchises leaving their franchises and becoming staples in other franchises.
>>
>>78556673
Iron Man would work as Marvel's Teknoman analogue. But that would require taking care of the character, as well as having clue about the direction, they want to take with the character.
>>
>>78557022
and loot crates. Variants and loot crates.
God, I want the market to crash and burn the same way it did in the 90s
>>
>>78556010
...until now. Maleev is now working until issue #10.
>>
>>78557033
>characters from various franchises leaving their franchises and becoming staples in other franchises.
nothing wrong with this, especially if those characters were underappreciated on their old franchises, best example of it: guardians of the galaxy
>>
>>78554904
Dunno why you're blaming him entirely for this, this is something Marvel has always done. Most of their single heroes sold like shit so they just started making teams and adding more and more characters and crossovers into the mix.
This is nothing new.
>>
>>78557235
They just move to inferior books or get little focus
>>
>>78557235
that was a bad example. GOTG was mainly an overhaul. I had more in mind Heroes for Hire.
Thanks to Bendis, Heroes for Hire became Defenders / Mighty Avengers.

But then again, GOTG became Cosmic Avengers.
It's funny that people whine about X-men having too many books, and interfering with everything, which is bullshit, while Avengers and Spider-Man are basically everywhere, and always were
>>
>>78557439
Before 00s it was different, millenial
Avengers were Avengers, X-Men were X-Men, FF was FF. Nowadays, Inhumans are X-Men, X-Men are Inhumans, Avengers are Thunderbolts, Thunderbolts are Dark Avengers, and Doctor Strange is Magical Iron Man
>>
>>78557937
Strange is magical RDJ
Ironman is RDJ
>>
>>78557937
And SHIELD was SHIELD, Howling Commandos were Howling Commandos.

It's like mixing ice cream with cucumber, and being surprised that it tastes terribly
>>
>>78557961
Whatever. I don't watch movies.
>>
>>78556867
I disagree, if you watch the stuff comming out of image it's all sci fi,

>black science
>Arcadia
>Empty Zone
>For Honor
>Symmetry
>Axcend

and many more comming soon. Marvel is just behind the trends.
>>
>>78557966
>ice cream with cucumber
I would eat this.
>>
>>78554904
Reminder that Bendis is Bizarro Johns. If this isn't proof enough I don't know what it.
>>
>>78558237
>Bendis loves one character and ships himself with another
>Johns love everyone
>except Batman
>fuck Batman
>>
>>78558280
>Bendis writes big characters, shit events and drags sales down
>Johns writes B/C listers, great events are raises sales
>>
>>78558280
Bendis loves two characters. Luke Cage and Kitty Pryde. He created a new character for the former and is using his favorite cosmic character for the later.
>>
>>78558397
That's what I said. Loves Cage and ships himself with Kitty. Yikes.
>>78558366
What a man, that Johns. Can't wait for Aquaman crossover. Johns and Abnett, oh my!
>>
>>78558051
which means you are the target audience
congrats anon, you evolved into a normie
>>
>>78558475
Hey, my preference for cucumbers doesn't mean shit about my comic buying.
>>
>>78557999
True. Among the mainstream, sci-fi is pretty much dead though.
>>
>>78558442
You saying you wouldn't do the same if you had complete control of your waifu/husbando?
>>
>>78558715
Reasonable, rational people who can hold healthy relationships with other human beings in real life don't have waifus.

Or at least I'd like to think they don't.
>>
>>78558715
Nah, if I were writing team book, I'd fill team with characters I like and make them all do neat stuff.
>>
>>78558763
They just have "characters i like in fiction"
>>
>>78557070
8 and 9 are scheduled then?
>>
File: 77869998 .png (12 KB, 754x132) Image search: [Google]
77869998 .png
12 KB, 754x132
>>78554904
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>77869998

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
>>78554904
Another we hate Bendis thread. He sucks, the end
>>
>>78555150
Geoff will never write for marvel again. He's become DC's Stan Lee. Kind of what they hoped first Alan Moore, and then Grant Morrison would be. Geoff has DC handing him everything. Jim Lee, Gary Frank, Finch. Every money artist he could want.

Geoff wants to declare Nightwing dead, he dead. He wants Batman and Superman in a love triangle with Wonder Babe, done. He basically told every major book what the status quo was going to be.

He's never going to be okay being just another writer at Marvel. But, unlike Bendis, Johns earned his status. Nothing Johns has done is as bad as Bendis' Marvel work. Johns paid his dues. He wrote some great stories, created enduring characters.

Bendis wrote Spider-man, A-list character, when he started at Marvel. He wrote Avengers and Daredevil, all major titles. He's never had an Aquaman moment, where he took a character and made them better.
>>
File: 1450203398060.jpg (134 KB, 920x1400) Image search: [Google]
1450203398060.jpg
134 KB, 920x1400
>>78554904
Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its just like the movie, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>b-but its not MUH GUARDIANS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the gotg name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Kitty Pryde. Reinventing a C-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
>>78560211
>making it something better,

your whole argument falls apart here, you clearly didn't read the original stuff and yet you claim this new (garbage) is better. other then that your overall point isn't completely bunk
>>
>>78555243
the 90's are the great under appreciated time for Marvel. Yeah the X-books were mostly shit, but the others got some of their best runs.

Byrne wrote the defining Namor saga. Ellis began writing along with JDM a number of mature titles.

Heroes Reborn saw the last of the image style made famous in the 90's, with Jim lee drawing and writing six issues of the Fantastic Four. Liefeld drew six issues of Captain America written by Jeph Loeb.

Even the X-books, mired in grit had some great moments, Fabien Niezca, Loeb, and Ellis all had long runs featuring big artists.

After Heroes Reborn, There was Heroes Return with the Busiek Perez Avengers, Busiek Thunderbolts, Waid Cap, Ostrander QS, Jurgens Thor. 90's Marvel gets a bad wrap, but it was really more a matter of five years where management couldn't get their shit fixed.
>>
>>78554904
Bendis?
>>
>>78560270
Pasta, anon.
>>
>>78555265
I don't remember GL outselling Nu52 Batman. I don't think anything before that can be put side by side, Geoff had guys like Manke and Reis drawing the book with him. Batman didn't get that All-Star treatment until Nu52 started.
>>
>>78560292
Damnit, fooled again.
>>
>>78555770
Hickman's FF and Ultimate work is good. Avengers isn't enough to make him Bendis bad.
>>
>>78555682
Worst? Chuck Austen.

>>78556673

Wow, Ellis Extremis, Busiek's Iron Man, Denny O'neil. Iron Man is just fine. Bendis just sucks.
>>
>>78560392
Extremis wasn't good. It wasn't bad, either. It just sort of...existed.
>>
>>78557937
The Avengers went from being a family to a bunch of random people.

Bendis's legacy is to have made everything the fucking same by mixing everything.
>>
>>78555204
00's introduced yearly editorial mandate events, two almost consecutive crisis on the DCU after two decades since the last one, "synergy" going out of control with MCU affecting 616, etc.

Every decade sucked.
>>
>>78559899
What does that have to do with OP? He's saying Bendis is finally being outed as a hack who in the end only sells when he's on popular books or writes popular characters, same as Slott on Spider-Man and Snyder on Batman.

Nobody was debating if the guy has enough influence inside Marvel to end up running (and ruining) everything.
>>
>>78560211
>Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome
Go shitpost somewhere else. Or go get some fucking taste.
>>
>>78562973
Typical anti-Bendis brigade. You guys are the worst of the worst. Always crying because Marvels best writer is reinvigorating comics with his top selling stories. I bet you guys are the same idiots crying about the X-men too. Well too bad, his X-men run is highly praised everywhere else like reddit, and will go down as one of the best. Issue 600 took old and boring characters and reinvigorated them into a new progressive age. You guys need to catch up instead of staying stuck in the past.

And there is nothing you can do to stop the Bendis train, lol.
>>
>>78562973
Slott and Synder are nowhere near as terrible as Bendis, their runs had some good stuff
>>
>>78562997
2/10, try better next time.
>>
>>78555150
Johns is DC's Bendis
>>
>>78561796
>Bunch of random people
I don't even get the in universe lore/purpose of the teams anymore since there are multiple Avengers teams now all presumably with the same goals
>>
>>78560331
During Blackest Night GL was the #1 ongoing

>>78560357
Hackman's Avengers is worse than Bendis
>Longer
>Less eventful
>Payoff is a FF story
>>
>>78556989
That's because superheroics isn't a genre you dolt
>>
File: 1449859538222.png (859 KB, 1221x1149) Image search: [Google]
1449859538222.png
859 KB, 1221x1149
>>78563030
Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. /co/ of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and /co/ loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.
>>
>>78560078
God, I love Johns

>Aquaman moment
Elevating GL was just as if not more impressive, there were what, 5/6 GL ongoing at their peak?
>>
>>78563073
>Payoff
You could see it was a continuation of his F4 run since the first issue of New Avengers. He even said in an interview that he originally planned on using Franklin but that decided against it so the new guy on the FF and F4 books could use him instead.

Once Doom entered the picture it became obvious.
>>
>>78554904
Bendis riding the wave of a popular franchise? No way! Next thing you know he's going to be writing Doctor Strange and claim that the sales are up because of him.
>>
>>78563032
Except he is not as annoying and he can actually write good stories from time to time.
>>
>>78560211
I thought Whedon was the one who did the Kitty Pryde thing. I mean, he put her in one of Wolverine's iconic poses (the "Now its my turn!" one) and had her fucking deck Emma Frost in the nose.

>inb4 pasta
I know it's a pasta, but I just thought of this. Bendis just made her a cunt, Whedon actually had her do stuff BESIDES be a total cunt.
>>
>>78555265
How did Alias sell? That's probably the onky c-list character he ever wrote although it was annoying how he shoved Jessica into Avengers.
>>
File: kekereded.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1845) Image search: [Google]
kekereded.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1845
So I'm wondering
Everytime there is a fucking thread on how Bendis is a hack, a bad writer, bla bla bla he destroyed my favorite character, bla bla bla everyone seem to conveniently forget that he also did some amazing work (Ultimate Spider-Man and especially pic related being my personal favorites).
So I'm wondering /co/, do you actually read comic books ? Or are you just picking issues and throwing them away as soon as you're finished with them, treating comics like garbage and forgetting everything that was great ?
As a guy who grew up paying 12 to 15€ for barely 50 pages of 9th art, I'm disgusted by this attitude.
Yeah Bendis wrote some bad stuff, he wrote some good too. There are a fuckton of worse writers out there, there are a fuckton of bad artists, but nope, no one gives a shit. Meanwhile, everyone eats Snyder & co like candy, and no one calls them hacks. Really wondering wtf is going on.
>>
>>78562973
>finally being outed

you think he's discovering the cure for cancer or something here. For fuck sake get a hold of yourself.

Here's a newsflash. Nobody gets sales without a completely well crafted plan for a book. NO ONE. You think people like Morrison only do it because of his bald fucking head? He doesn't, he has a plan for everything he creates and it always Works he knows his public and who he wants to aim his books to. Same with Bendis, he has his own plan for success but guess what? His plan doesn't include you and doesn't include the faggot OP either. Bendis plan for his books includes mostly the normal population that reads comics like normal people. The ones that don't go to shit on anonymous board endlessly with thousands of threads and pastas. You know why Bendis fails with stuff like Moon Knight? Because that character doesn't appeal to the massive casual audience he usually writes for. Part of being a comic book writer is to know what YOUR audience wants. Bendis doesn't try to please everyone and he never did. He knows what he's writing and for whom he's writing. Guardians of the Galaxy is a big multimedia franchise and the new fans demand other kind of stuff that the old fans hate but he doesn't give a fuck about that because the old fans are an endangered species. In Comic Con only fucking girls asked for the Guardians and their questions were about romance between Kitty and Peter, what does that tell you? The old fandom of Guardians limits itself to this board and maybe one other page. You are the smallest vocal minority of all the minorities. I bet Gamora shippers are more numerous than you are. Even Brevoort makes fun of how few you old cosmic fans are.

Bendis isn't a hack, he just knows who to write for, and when he laughs all the way to the bank every month, he knows his way is the right one and always was.
>>
>>78564865
>I'm wondering /co/, do you actually read comic books ?
Most people here don't. They just follow the memes.
>>
>>78564865
Doing one or two good things doesn't erase piles and piles of terrible ones, especially when Bendis's good stuff is usually on its own while his awful crap usually ends up being to things that other people set up. The fact that he wrote a pretty decent alternate universe Spider-Man does not erase Avengers Disassembled.
>>
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little Bendis thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" Miles x Kamala, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a bad Marvel writer. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Bendisfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "BENDIS? YEAH, BENDIS. BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS! YOU KNOW, THE BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.
Forever.

bendis hate is so last year anon, just let it go
he is THE writer at marvel and nothing will change that
>>
bendis has only written one good book in his entire life and that was spider-woman
>>
>>78562973
>>78560270
>>78562996
>>78564767
>falling for the pasta
Goddammit guys, you better not pull this shit in the new year.
>>
>>78564865
>Meanwhile, everyone eats Snyder & co like candy, and no one calls them hacks. Really wondering wtf is going on.
Have you not visited a Batman thread recently?
Everyone calls Snyder a hack.
And funnily enough, he's also written some good books, as well as some bad books.
>>
>>78556966
Yes and nobody read thunderbolts in the 90s. It was Xmen/Image show. And X-men have always sucked.
>>
>>78560211
I know this is pasta but his GotG run is hyped as fuck but in the end will be immemorable and forgotten.

Hopefully GotG gets a writer who does interesting shit with the team other than "lol we're so funny and quirky" because that shit has not been working for them.

As for the writers who try to emulate the movie (Humphries and the GotG cartoon writers) don't have a fucking clue what to do outside that movie's content and in the end fail to even be as good as it, pretty sure once GotG 2 comes out they will be trying to copy it too and fail at it too.
>>
>>78564865
I can't tell if thisbis pasta or not, fuck.

I'll bite, USM was good even if it got shitty towards the end but your pic related is such a stupid juvenile "lol we both got goatees high five! Bros!" shit plus the shitty same face panel gag that Bendis overuses.
>>
>>78565217
>>78564897
>>78564865
>>78563093
>>78560211
>>78559899
Heads up but these are all pastas, wow you can't have a Bendis thread before people sperg on both sides.
>>
>>78565645
you forgot the "typical anti-bendis brigade" one
>>
File: 1451526538605.jpg (46 KB, 296x428) Image search: [Google]
1451526538605.jpg
46 KB, 296x428
>>78565645
You forgot
>>78562997
>>
>>78564865
>amazing work (Ultimate Spider-Man and especially pic related being my personal favorites).
USM was okay

Ironman is fucking atrocious and exactly why Bendis is hated
>>
>>78554904
>Iron-man

I see what you did there you clever bastard.

Touché
>>
>>78554904
>sales keep falling
still better sales than Superior and Gillen and only one issue behind Fraction's.
>>
>>78555387

He has made several Image books, one of them is now a TV show. Not saying I like a lot of his output at Marvel, but Powers is good. I also liked his comic about the two sisters who were superheroes, and his other book with Oeming, the mafia one.
>>
>>78567065
>one of them is now a TV show
because it was cheap and it's not actually on TV, it's on Netflix
>>
File: 1450415640722.png (106 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1450415640722.png
106 KB, 300x400
>mfw all these replies to pasta
>>
File: NOOICE.gif (483 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
NOOICE.gif
483 KB, 500x200
>>78555204
>>78555243
>>78562924
>>78560282
5 star posts. Just elevated an ubiquitous anti-Bendis thread rather intriguing.
>>
I don't know what's more amazing, how long it took for the pasta to begin, or the fact that so many retards still respond to it. It's not even a matter of knowing your pasta, the way they're written makes them so fucking obviously bait, you'd have to be a complete moron to think otherwise.
>>
>>78563038
They have one Avengers team with a bunch of kids for no reason

They have a separate Avengers team to show that they fucking love both mutants and x-men (don't know why this isn't the main Avengers line-up)

And then there's wannabe Avengers that are unaffiliated and a rogue nation
>>
>>78567747
that is the power of Bendis
>>
>>78564767
Whedon didn't do shit for Kitty except tell every writer that it's okay to self insert to waifu. In other words, he paved the way for Bendis. I don't wanna defend Bendis but Kitty is the main character of Guardians while she was just a glorified Mary sue in Astonishing.
>>
>>78568264
thanks for the pasta anon, I'll make sure to get plenty of use out of it
>>
>>78560078
what about alias?
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.