[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm watching through this right now and I gotta say I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: the-cleveland-show.jpg (31 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
the-cleveland-show.jpg
31 KB, 360x270
So I'm watching through this right now and I gotta say I actually kind of like it
theres a lot of shitty voice acting but the characters are way more interesting than Family Guy. The cutaway jokes arent as ridiculous either
I like alot of the running jokes like if Cleveland Jr is stupid or not and how they always kind of shit on family guy for being so over the top and unnecessary
And the songs are great too I've gotten a couple stuck in my head already.
>>
I don't remember much about this show besides the hot black daughter
>>
Meh.. it was okay. I never understood the bears being in it.
>>
Just one questions.

In early Family Guy episodes, Cleveland's son was a hyperactive brat, who I think was like a grown Rallo. Was there ever an explanation on why all of a sudden it was just Chris #2?
>>
>>78554399
The fat one was an assassin that killed and took the original's place or something like that. No joke.
>>
>>78555029

Hmm. Interesting. But that seems like a retcon made just for funsies.

No actual explanation on why the makers chose to forget about original Cleveland Junior?
>>
>>78555101
I thought the original explanation was that he got on meds and become slow and fat

Anyways I'll watch the reruns on as at the end of the day and think it's funnier than family guy cause it actually tries. The theme song is catchy as fuck too.
>>
I've always called it Black American Dad.

Shame that it has a shitty reputation, though.
>>
>>78553386
Its decent in S1 and great by 3 and 4.
>>
>>78555029
That was just a gag, though. If that were true Rollo and probably Tim would be dead.
>>
>>78557061
Started out as black family guy but then became black American Dad. If this had stayed on, it could have reached American Dads level of godly because the Cleveland show was honestly improving towards the end of its run. Shame really.
>>
>>78555101
Cleveland Jr. was changed so that there could be a different dynamic with the character in the spin off.

And there was a reason given, Cleveland Jr. had ADHD or something along those lines when he was young and then he got meds that made him settle down but also made him fat.

The real reason is that originally he was just a joke character made to speak fast and be excited to contrast with Cleveland's slow speech and laid back attitude.

When they had to make an actual character with Cleveland's son they aged him up and made him fat.
>>
>>78557727
>>78558888
It made me legitimately upset when Cleveland came back to Family Guy and they shit talked his show considering how fuck awful Family Guy is.
>>
>>78563639
It wasn't even funny jokes either. It was just mean spirited cracks at the show despite it beingbetter than Family Guy with way better characters. I miss all of The Cleveland Shows characters and it sucks they'll never be used again and that whole setting was abandoned. Was it really doing that bad ratingswise?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.