[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this episode THAT bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: Bendy.png (380 KB, 707x533) Image search: [Google]
Bendy.png
380 KB, 707x533
Was this episode THAT bad?
>>
File: mad.jpg (37 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
37 KB, 500x738
>Oh, and by the way, this is YOUR toothbrush.
>>
File: 1420688984348s.jpg (9 KB, 196x250) Image search: [Google]
1420688984348s.jpg
9 KB, 196x250
>>78553305

>mfw

Nice dubs by the way
>>
>>78553033

It's awful but I hate the second half of that episode and the Goofball episode more.
>>
>>78553033
People dislike the episode because it introduced the biggest asshole /co/ had ever seen
>>
>>78553847
So eh, you don't like those eh, make-em up pals?
>>
>>78553033
i liked him
>>
>>78553361
spoo/x/y pic by the way
>>
>>78553361
tfw when tech savy demons
>>
>>78553033
The problem wasn't that Bendy was bad.
The problem was that Frankie was worse.
>>
>>78553033

i have a really weird petpeeve with sociopathic cartoon characters

i get unreasonably angry at Roger from American Dad or Angelica from Rugrats whenever they do their little selfish prick shit I wanna punch their stupid faces
>>
File: 1442968404934.jpg (195 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1442968404934.jpg
195 KB, 1000x750
>yfw its and episode where the ass hole character gets blamed for the things a bigger ass hole did
>>
>>78556785
Well Bendy WAS bad

but yeah Frankie and Herriman being total dumbasses for some reason was stupid
>>
File: 1450144438383.jpg (13 KB, 435x481) Image search: [Google]
1450144438383.jpg
13 KB, 435x481
Sorry /co/ that Saint Bloo had gotten shit on for once in his life. Not like he had it coming for something.
>>
Consider the following, the nicer your character on xiaolin showdown was, the shittier your character on fosters was, and vice versa

Tom Kenny
>Raimundo
Total douchebag
>Edwardo
Sweet fuzzy baby

Grey Delisle
>Kimiko
Kind of a bitch, but not so bad
>Frankie
A pretty cool chick, but she has a temper

Tara Strong
>Omi
A really friendly kid. but not perfect, he's got a big ego and he's a dick sometimes
>Terrance
Asshole older brother, total douche but mostly harmless

Jeff Bennet
>Clay
Precious Cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure
>Bendy
The biggest piece of shit on the planet, words can not properly describe how abominably shitty he was
>>
>>78556845
Not them, but you're agreeing with the first post. They're saying that bendy was bad, but that wasn't what made the episode bad, it was that no one in charge were willing to believe anything he said even above Wilt and Eduardo.
Same thing with that make'em ups guy, the problem isn't that he's an asshole, it's that he's an asshole and NO ONE is able to stop him for some reason.
>>
>>78559700
But Wilt and Eduardo?
>>
File: 1425835723390.jpg (79 KB, 874x671) Image search: [Google]
1425835723390.jpg
79 KB, 874x671
>>78556845
>mfw Frankie and Herriman take the word of a friend who has already been deemed as a troublemaker over the word of Wilt who is literally known for being one of the nicest most trustworthy and senior member of the house.
>>
>yfw Madame Foster dicks over Mac and makes every one of his friends deeply dissapointed in him so she can go on a plane trip.
>>
didnt she also dick over her own granddaughter? I think Frankie was on the trip as well.
>>
>>78560553
It was the whole main cast including Herriman. Mac gets hit the hardest though because she stole the tickets from him so everyone though he was responsible for ultimately failing the trip.
>>
File: Rage.jpg (19 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
Rage.jpg
19 KB, 380x380
>>78560533
>Tfw that happens
>Tfw the entire episodes its everyone else being pricks constantly wasting time over stupid shit then all blame fucking Mac for everyone when he was trying his fucking hardest to get everyone to get their shit together
>Tfw even the European Foster girl gets fucked over when she gets to go to Europe but then discovers her family literally abandoned her and kicked her out because they hated her singing.

Man why was that episode so infuriating and depressing
>>
>>78560706
It's the main flaw of Fosters that the writers seem to favor assholes more than their nice characters. Bloo is closer to the standard acceptable asshole like Bender. When he's an asshole to other assholes like Terrance, he's really enjoyable, and when he's an asshole to nice characters, he's generally punished in someway eventually.
But Fosters seems to lose the point that while an asshole is sometimes fun, shitting on nice characters is almost always enjoyable, and it does this almost all the time and bases entire characters off it sometimes.

Mac: Has to deal with the brunt of Bloo sometimes
Wilt: is a blackhole for everyone's shit
Frankie: does ALL the housework and is rarely appreciated.

Herriman: is a figure head but gets all the authority
Duchess: gets whatever she wants, even BLOO gets sent to the corner sometimes but Duchess gets free reign as a character.
Madame Foster: Gets away with anything she wants because she's old whether it's good or bad which includes alowing her own imaginary friend to torment her own grandaughter for years.
>>
>>78561020
Shitting on nice characters is almost always UNenjoyable.

Fuck.
>>
>>78561020
>>78561053
tl:dr version:
Fosters seems to to confuse the difference between an entertaining asshole, and unpleasantly tormenting likable characters. Justified meanness vs meanness in general.
>>
>>78560706

I think they came up with either the idea of Madame Foster stealing the tickets or the post-credit punchline first and had to write an episode to justify it.

Again, Mac randomly going to Europe with a bunch of Imaginary Friends and not his family doesn't even make sense to begin with.
>>
>>78561336
>and not his family
His mother is a workaholic and his brother probably isn't even aware that Europe exists
It's completely reasonable, but the whole episode was one gut punch after the other
>>
>>78560084

lol that's an interesting way of looking at it.
>>
>>78556813
Pretty sure you're not alone on that. We're so used to cartoon assholes getting g their comeuppance that it feels awful when they don't.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.