[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Allen-Gregory-fox-01.jpg (51 KB, 480x429) Image search: [Google]
Allen-Gregory-fox-01.jpg
51 KB, 480x429
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>78544878

Yes.
>>
>>78544878
Watched the whole thing, never laughed once
>>
>>78544878
The bald father is the reason why I want to kill gay people. Creatures like those should be eradicated.
>>
>>78544878
It was worse
but it had a few good aspects. Mainly the cute asian girl and the general antihomo message.
that doesnt make it watchable, i'm just giving the small amount of credit where it's due. in the end nothing will ever make up for how it wasted having french stewart
>>
File: Asami-what.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Asami-what.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>78545025
Why pro-gay shows tend to be more damaging to the movement than normal shows?
>>
The show tried too hard to "go there". Which is the flaw of many of these primetime animated shows they are desperate to push the envelope and be raunchy right out the gate and it just doesn't compute with most viewers.
>>
>>78545767
Because they're always gay about it
>>
>>78545917
this

every gay character is a prancing, flaming faggot, the only gay character i can think of that's not a gaping anus stereotype is that mark guy on undergrads, he's only kinda gay
>>
>>78545767
Because their gayness is always totally exaggerated (mostly to an annoying degree,) instead of treating them like normal people.
>>
didn't the bald guy force the other guy into the relationship?
like didn't he make the other guy leave his wife and family but it was played up for laughs so it was okay?
>>
>>78545884
Right. The reason why shit like Family Guy and South Park can do what they do is because they earned it. Take Rick and Morty as an example when it started it wasn't that bad. They drew a line and said this is how far we will go for now and gradually amp it up. Allen Gregory was too heavy handed with the crass humor plus the writing sucked. You have to ease into humor like that and gauge whether the audience even wants that from the show.
>>78545917
This. The issue isn't that the characters are gay it's how they're gay. It's not like oh this character is gay and they act just like any other character on screen, cool, but instead the writers/director are constantly beating the viewer over the head with innuendo, crass gay jokes, or making the character a huge giant flaming stereotype[/type].
Like the gay couple on Arrow. They're constantly mentioning how gay they are to each other. Shouldn't they and the viewer already know that shit?
>>
File: perry.png (275 KB, 542x434) Image search: [Google]
perry.png
275 KB, 542x434
Yes, yes it was.
>>
>>78546075
Yep, The bald guy forces the straight man into a gay relationship and pretty much keeps him as a sex slave.
>>
>>78545391
>antihomo message
gb2 /pol/
>>
>>78545917

It's because the world of corporate media do not make the difference between a self-respecting homosexual whom do not make his/her sexuality the main part of his/her personality and an obnoxious flamboyant faggot who entire personality is based around the fact that he takes cocks up is ass and that he thoroughly enjoy it.
>>
>>78546134
but if they don't tell you they're gay how would the audience know
>>
>>78546241
The same way the audience knows a person is straight without telling them every episode.
>>
>>78546241
Captain Holt from Brooklyn 99 is gay, They've never once made a anal joke, had him prance around, be a slut, or all over his partner. It was established and only comes up when necessary. Same way they don't mention Terry's kids and wife constantly. It's establish he's a family man and it's not bashed over the viewers head.
>>
>>78545767
It wasn't pro-gay. At best itwas neutral on the gay issue and willing to make a gay monster regardless of what people would think.
The only major gay character is a selfish rapist
>>78546047
What gay character in undergrads?
>>78546378
I don't know about Terry but yeah Holt's main bit is he's a by the books robot him being a gay black cop is secondary, though it does come up.
>>
File: ;^).png (34 KB, 227x367) Image search: [Google]
;^).png
34 KB, 227x367
>>78546134
>gay couple in Arrow
>mfw gay people show up on Flash its not bashing you in the face with gayness
>>
>>78546808
although that shit pisses me off too, knowing the agenda behind it
i miss how gay characters worked in the 90s. they werent normal, they werent shilled, they werent being praised or bashed, they were just there and you laughed at them for being gay
>>
>>78545767
Because actual portrayals of women, gays, green people or whatever that are positive portray them as just being part of an ordinary story and don't make a big deal about it.

Only stupid assholes try to make a story exclusively about "the struggle." Much less a shitty comedy about it.
>>
I'm sure there are worse cartoons, but i can't think of any.
>>
>>78544878
No.
It was worse.
>>
I liked the asian girl's friends. But even google doesn't like this show as this is their only picture.
>>
>>78546200
I work with the latter. He's an asshole. Also he's fat and stinks. Apparently his last boyfriend looked like Mickey Mouse.
>>
>>78546047
Chozen was also pretty great about it. He's a terrible person and a slut, but because he's a rapper, not because he's gay.
>>
No, it was worse.
>>
>>78544878
yes
it's liberal humor
liberal humor can be clever, it can be snarky, but it can never truly be funny
comedy=tragedy+time
and because tragedy=offensive it cant be done
it never took any real risk
and thus it never reaped any rewards
>>
I liked it, but I see why everybody dislike it.
>>
>>78544878
No.
Having a gay character with traits other than just being gay was fairly interesting, and having him be a total asshole is actually progressive, in a fucked up sort of way.
Allen lusting over the principal was gross, but I feel the longer the show went on they'd run out of steam on that gag and retire it.
>>
>>78546168
Literally gay for pay.
>>
How old was this kid?

They make it out to be like he's in fucking first grade but the dude is a fucking billionaire going to fucking public school!

Also he talks shit to all the nice teachers around him

This is your main character. This show fucking deserve to fail.
>>
>>78550620
*tips fedora*
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.