[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of Bruce Wayne will you play? In the upcoming Telltale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17
File: Bat Tales.jpg (62 KB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
Bat Tales.jpg
62 KB, 740x416
What kind of Bruce Wayne will you play? In the upcoming Telltale?
>>
>>78540973
A tormented soul who made a promise to his parents, committed to justice and life.
>>
Frank Miller's Batman, obviously. Just going to act crazy and stupid.
>>
>>78540973
>Press X to watch parents get killed
>"Bruce will remember that"
>>
>>78540973
>implying it would make a difference
>>
>>78541060
Will we get to treat Dick Grayson Age Twelve like crap?

Will Dick remember that?
>>
The only kind there is: a boring one.
>>
>play
>telltale

you can only pick one
>>
File: The savior telltale deserves.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1622) Image search: [Google]
The savior telltale deserves.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1622
>>78540973
There's only one Bruce to play.
>>
File: 1448937291720.png (237 KB, 470x500) Image search: [Google]
1448937291720.png
237 KB, 470x500
>>78540973
My Bruce is gonna be a badass D bag like Rick from the Walking Dead.
>mfw I beat the shit out of Dick and yell at everyone every chance I get.

>Dick will remember that
Indeed
>>
Asexual, lunatic, Bruce Wayne prone to autistic rages against the criminals. Also going to make Bruce's dead parents thing as creepy as possible.

"Would you like the red suit today sir?"
"No Alfred. Every time I see the color red I think of the way my mother bled on me when she was shot."
>>
Adam West
>>
>>78541008
Ha. What a joke. Why wold DC ever do that when we can just make more shitty stories?
>>
>>78540973
What do we know about this game?
>>
>>78540973

>Bruce

I only wish i could play as Thomas Wayne
>>
They should've made a game about Commisioner Gordon over Bruce.
>>
File: DrHurt.jpg (248 KB, 1195x631) Image search: [Google]
DrHurt.jpg
248 KB, 1195x631
>>78541413
H O L E
O
L
E
>>
>>78540973
No Terry no sell.
>>
>>78540973
Venom Batman.
A punished caped crusader.
>>
File: Baitman.jpg (252 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Baitman.jpg
252 KB, 1280x1024
The better question is what kind of Batman will you play?
>>
File: Doneseid.gif (3 MB, 296x224) Image search: [Google]
Doneseid.gif
3 MB, 296x224
>>78540973
>Arkham Knight sucked overall, but you still had gameplay
>this is the follow up
>Telltale are also the only company making non-ios Marvel games too
>oh wait we have annual Lego rehashes too
Kill me.
>>
>>78541072

Underrated.
>>
>>78541139

Unrelated but every time I see that pic I think pic related.
>>
>Batman TellTale game
>Not the Question
>being a TellTale "game" in the first place
>>
>>78541568
Not really
>>
>>78541613
Makes sense seeing as Batman and Magneto are basically the same character
>>
>>78540973
>all these people acting like a Telltale game being an interactive movie is a shock

Y'all some salty motherfuckers. I'm going to buy the entire season and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
File: BruceWest.jpg (21 KB, 407x434) Image search: [Google]
BruceWest.jpg
21 KB, 407x434
>>
File: 1411945721955.jpg (47 KB, 576x468) Image search: [Google]
1411945721955.jpg
47 KB, 576x468
Reminder that Telltale are making

>one more episode of that Minecraft game
>a Marvel game
>Walking Dead season 3
>a Walking Dead mini series
>Game of Thrones season 2
>an original IP with Lionsgate that's some TV show/video game hybrid
>a Batman game

They better shake up their formula drastically cause fuck man
>>
[glass him]
>>
>Press X to seduce Selina
>Dick will remember this
>>
>tell something to Bruce Wayne and no one else
>Bruce will remember that
>next I meet Batman
>Batman knows what I told Bruce

hmmmm
>>
File: 1449102557832.png (451 KB, 642x683) Image search: [Google]
1449102557832.png
451 KB, 642x683
Fuck anyone who buys Telltale game.
Fuck Telltale.
Anyone who funds Telltale to use their IPs are cheapskates who should be fucked to death.
>>
File: Lee-everett-farm.png (99 KB, 231x294) Image search: [Google]
Lee-everett-farm.png
99 KB, 231x294
>>78540973
Telltale's games had a significant drop in quality.
They're not worth playing anymore.
>>
>>78541718
oh man, what a badboy

oh boy

he plays by no one's rules

hubba
>>
Playing a new Robin would be so much better.

If you're Batman you're kind of held by certain rules (obviously so is Robin), but playing as a new Robin would let you decide whether to be more like Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie, Damian or takes traits from multiple Robins.
>>
File: 1451264814153.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1451264814153.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>78541757
>telltale shaking up the formula
>telltale not going to just keep raking in the critically acclaimed shekels from their mass-produced "games"
>>
>>78541521
>AK sucked overall
Poorfag detected.
>>
>>78541959
/v/ needs to leave
>>
>>78541163
THIS.
I want a Bruce/Batman who has Dick with him basically the entire time. Where you can go full Frank Miller/BTAS and fuck him up, or be the best Bat-Dad ever all The Batman or Young Justice style.
>>
>>78541521
>Telltale are also the only company making non-ios Marvel games too

I believe you've forgotten about a masterpiece called Deadpool Remastered. Out now for Playstation 4 and Xbox One video game systems.
>>
>>78542100
if you have an actual point about how this is somehow not true, i'd love to hear it
>>
>>78542031
Story was such a let down after the teasing from City.

>Azrael built up throughout City only to be wasted on a side story that exclusively features blocked off beat-em up sections
>Everything about Hush after he managed to be the only one that got away
>Post-Joker Harley wasted on City DLC

The first two alone could have easily made the story soooo much better.
>>
>>78542170
>being this butt blasted over Harley and Hush
Causal /v/Tard confirmed. These games are about Bruce and the Batfamily. They even pegged the myth is bigger than the man aspect. Stay fucking casual and poor you cocksucker.
>>
>>78541959
>mass-produced "games"
Yeah, I prefer games that were hand-copied onto only a few floppy disks. Gives them that hand-crafted quality.
>>
>>78540973
I wish we'd play a Detective on the GCPD instead. Have the game be more like Gotham Central. I thought Telltale games didn't focus on traditional protagonists, and went with original characters.
>>
>>78542230
>The games are about Bruce and the Bat-Family

Knight is sure, City and Asylum barely features any character development for the Bat-Family in the slightest. Robin and Nightwing are non-existent before Knight.
>>
I don't know, but I'm sure that I will be saying this by the end of the game.

https://youtu.be/G-rl0tfQO9E?t=4m52s
>>
>>78542031
Delusional fanboy detected. That garbage game ran like shit on high end systems too. But it was the stupid car and shit plot that really turned it into a flaming piece of shit.
>>
>>78541511
Lawful evil, obvs. Also, one of those pictures is of Hugo Strange so nice going there, whoever made that picture.
>>
>>78543235
>MUH FRAME RATE AND HARD CAR COMBAT
You're just reconfirming that you are a /v/Tard poorfag. I bet you didn't even understand the ending.
>>
am i hearing this right?
you guys aren't fans of TTG?
twd s2 was great
>>
File: nothin matters.jpg (151 KB, 940x767) Image search: [Google]
nothin matters.jpg
151 KB, 940x767
>>78540973

>What kind of Bruce Wayne will you play?
>Telltale game
>>
>>78543678
/v/ isn't a fan. They are cross posting. All /v/ cares about though is framerate and pixels. They don't carry about story and by and large are under age.
>>
>>78541959

Truth. Why would they need to change anything? Episodic games are a fucking brilliant idea! You get everyone to buy the game when the first episode comes out, then phone in the rest because by the time the final episode is out it doesn't matter if the ending is shit, those who bought it will have played it long enough that they can't get a refund and those who haven't bought it probably weren't going to buy it anyway.
>>
>>78543743

It must be nice to be able to write off any differing opinions as being from another board, "outsiders" looking to impose their view on the "natives". But the truth of the matter is that not everyone here thinks like you do. Nor should they. It would be a pretty boring place otherwise.
>>
>>78543678
>twd s2 was great

TWD S2 was what turned everyone against Telltale in the first place
>>
>>78543978
except you are obviously a cross poster from /v/. That's their entire argument. Don't even try to deny it you faggot, it just makes you even more pathetic.
>>
>>78543996
No it made /v/ butthurt cause they killed Kenny and didn't wanna replay it all to get the good ending. Then based off of nothing, even though the endings were vastly different, they convinced themselves that the next game will force everyone to start at the same place which threw them into a fit of anger.
>>
My worry is that Telltale's quality kind of goes to shit when they work on multiple games at once. They're too ambitious
>>
>>78544121
Will you stop strawmanning /v/ already? What, did you go down a dark alley in /v/ and get robbed and your waifu called shit? You're talking like some person suffering with PTSD.
>>
>>78544160
I'm not straw manning anything. I'm literally speaking the truth. Not a single thing I've said is not true and you know it.
>>
The Sam & Max kind, because why aren't they making any more of that wonderful series
>>
>>78544079

Why would I need to be from /v/ to hold that opinion? What I described is an objective reality: most sales for episodic games come after the first episode is released. There is less incentive to actually put effort into the later episodes, and if they don't stick the landing, well, they got theirs already.

Another shitty thing about episodic content: changing things due to audience reaction/feedback. The Wolf Among Us was just a complete mess because everything they originally had planned was scrapped once people predicted the twist.

>>78544121

>No it made /v/ butthurt cause they killed Kenny and didn't wanna replay it all to get the good ending.

Have you even played the game? Or Telltale games in general? Your choices don't matter until the ones in the final episode. All they'd have to do is rewind to the checkpoint before making that decision, not play the entire game again.

>>78544134

That's another good point. I'd much rather they focus on one game at a time rather than splitting their focus. Tales From the Borderlands was actually pretty good, though the writing was spotty at times, but the Game of Thrones one felt phoned in.
>>
>>78543678
Nah it was shit and had to be rewritten
>>
>>78543678
It's a Batman game of course people are not happy here.
>>
>>78544181
It seems more like you're so bitter at /v/ that you've basically lied to yourself to the point where you're convinced they hold the opposite opinion to yours to justify your hatred towards them. It's okay, anon. Big scary /v/ won't hurt you anymore.
>>
>>78544260
What have I lied about? That /v/ hates the game word for word for the reasons you just stated?

I guess all of the critics, people and myself that enjoyed the games and rated them highly are wrong. You're a stupid fucking autist that thinks video games are works of art and not just entertainment. They aren't literature or comics, they hold no artistic value outside of a very select few.
>>
>>78544375
I'm not that anon you're arguing with. I'm the one that basically is telling you that you're a bitter little fuck because you couldn't handle /v/'s banter and ran to /co/ for a safeplace. Nice strawmanning the other guy too, though. It's real easy to convince yourself that you won arguments when you claim they've argued points they've haven't.
>>
>>78544375

>I guess all of the critics, people and myself that enjoyed the games and rated them highly are wrong.

Why are you getting your undies in such a bunch? I expressed my opinion, I didn't shit all over yours.
>>
>>78543309
Which one? Neutral Evil?
>>
>>78544629
If I had to guess it be either Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil
>>
>>78543678
The only good games are TWD S1, TWAU and TFTB(by far the best one) Everything else ranges from mediocre to shit.
>>
>>78544752

Really? I thought that The Wolf Among us really dropped the ball, and Bloody Mary was a fucking awful villain. I think it really suffered a lot from the rewrites.
>>
>>78542953
Criminally underrated post. My first Telltale experience was the first episode of Game of Thrones, and I was a big enough sucker to get swept along... in the many moons between that season beginning and ending, I played The Wolf Among Us and both seasons of TWD, and while there were parts I liked in them all, particularly the first season of TWD, they felt really uneven, and all the jokes about your choices not mattering really are true. They do a good job of creating the ILLUSION of choice, but nowadays, you can look up the alternative outcome to any scenario on Youtube in seconds, and see that you were basically railroaded and then emotionally manipulated into feeling like you could've changed the outcome. But, really, you can't - so the whole game just becomes an exercise in playing nice with everybody to test just how hard the game will force them to turn on you by the final episode.

GoT's last episode really killed what faith in their writers I had left, and I even knew going in that they weren't going to resolve everything in under 2 hours, but I also didn't expect fucking Asher to be forced into a binary choice between two cowardly options, or for Mira to ALSO be rail-roaded into a binary decision, with no ability to influence the outcome based on your S-rank with all the characters you've either been befriending or betraying all season. But then again, it was probably extra-infuriating because of the combination of the lack of real agency with the reasoning that "It's a Game of Thrones game, so we gotta go out on a down note where promising threads are suddenly, frustratingly cut off". I don't mind so much when George R.R. Martin does that shit, cuz it is HIS story... but that's the problem I think, at some point, Telltale let all the critical accolades about TWD's writing go to their heads, and now their writers are dead-set on using the games to tell THEIR stories, instead of the players' choice.
>>
File: What Did This Retard Just Say.webm (2 MB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
What Did This Retard Just Say.webm
2 MB, 544x400
>>78542031
In what fucking world does saying a game is bad imply that you're poor? To have played it means you likely had to spend money on it cause you sure as fuck can't pirate the PC version given how unplayable it is.

Also, yes, short of the Joker stuff, AK was a horrible drop off in quality. The Batmobile literally ruined the game and pacing.
>>
>>78540973
>What kind of Bruce Wayne will you play? In the upcoming Telltale?
I'll pick the ... option for all dialogue and then flip a coin for the arbitrary binary choices that end in the same place anyway.
>>
>>78540973
It's going to be a Robin simulator. Every episode you will be a different Robin.

1. Dick Grayson
2. Jason Todd
3. Tim Drake
4. Stephanie Brown
5. Damien Wayne
DLC: Carrie Kelly
>>
File: tales-borderlands-season-1.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tales-borderlands-season-1.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>78544752
I've never played a minute of Borderlands and TFTB was incredible.
>>
>>78546141
Two-face, that's not how you play the game! Get it right, Dent!
>>
>>78546313
A Two-Face game would bee too self aware for Telltale.
And it probablyw wouldn't work anyway since Two-Face's binary choices tend to matter.
>>
You're not gonna get "Slap-a-Jap" Batman, "Gabe Killer" Batman or Dracula Batman, so what's the point?
>>
>>78546108
>playing games on PC
>being a pleb and not killing all the tanks 1st so you can use any Batmobile

Sounds like you are just wrong in every aspect.
>>
File: 837.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
837.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
>>78540973
it doesn't matter
>>
File: choices.jpg (70 KB, 217x344) Image search: [Google]
choices.jpg
70 KB, 217x344
>>78546363
>Implying Choice #3 isn't a gamebreaker when it pops up every hour or so
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.