[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Hulk worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: wpid-2534763-2510067-hulk.jpg (70 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
wpid-2534763-2510067-hulk.jpg
70 KB, 500x374
is Hulk worth reading?
>>
When mindless, no. When Banner's intellect is in control, depends on the writer.
>>
>>78539377
You know how children try to top each other when playfighting with imaginary character? That's the Hulk.
>So there's this character who's strong
>nu-huh my character is stronger
>so there's this character, he uses powerful magic
>nu-huh my chracter gets mad and beats magic
>so mind control
>nu-huh, my character gets mad and beats mind control
>so there's this characer, he's a ghost
>nu-huh, my character gets mad and is able to hit ghosts
>so my characters build this great city with a lot of great scientists
>nu-huh, my character is smarter and he destroys the city because he's mad
>So you character is a villain and my charaters can't beat him but they can send him on another planet
>nu-huh, my character gets even madder and comes back and he was actually right because he's supersmart and didn't hurt anybody and now your characters are the villains

People call superman a mary sue, but Hulk is the biggest mary sue in comics.
>>
>>78539512
>>78539851
>i don't know what i'm talking about
cool
>>
File: peter-david.gif (482 KB, 921x989) Image search: [Google]
peter-david.gif
482 KB, 921x989
>>78539377
Some of it is.
>>
>>78541221
/co/ generally hates the hulk.
>>
>>78539851
In the wrong hands all characters are this.
>>
>>78541275
Are you high?
>>
>>78541252
What is that from?
>>
>>78539377
Peter David's run, (most of) Greg Pak's run, and Hulk Gray are all worth reading. Hulk/Thing - Big Change by Bernie Wrightson and Jim Starlin (both at their 10/10 best) is also EXCELLENT and highly recommended.
>>
File: hulk is smartest there is.jpg (114 KB, 445x1009) Image search: [Google]
hulk is smartest there is.jpg
114 KB, 445x1009
>>78539377
It's a fun read sometimes. Don't expect great things out of it though. Lots of the gripes of the Hulk come from World War Hulk. A lot of the writing in it is pretty stupid but that was around the time when Marvel was all about mega events. They had just massive cross over comics for about a year where huge shit used to come out almost every month. 10 or 15 tie ins weren't unusual. I'd like to think that wasn't a great time for comics in general, not just the Hulk.
>>
>>78541458
A funny as fuck issue about the Avengers having a bachelor party for (IIRC) Rick Jones.
>>
>>78541359
then hulk is always in the wrong hands because those are his standard attributes
>>78541221
was anything said in that post false?
>>
>>78541525
There is more to stories than just the plot.
There is more to characters than just their handbook attributes.

But you would have to actually experience the stories, not just read a plot summary.
>>
>>78539851
But he is not really the strongest, he is not even stronger than Thor, is just that Hulkfags are retarded.
>>
>>78541594
>There is more to stories than just the plot.
>There is more to characters than just their handbook attributes.
Yes. And in those stories you don't need to wank the main character to be almost invinvible.
Thor can't punch spacetime because he gets mad enough and wants to escape from the dimension he's been trapped in.
Thor, Spiderman, captain america, the x-men juggernaut, aren't immune to almost everything because they get angry enough, or spidery enough or mutant enough.
Hulk has only a limited set of approved opponents introduced in his own run who are even allowed to hurt him, and anything that doesn't come from those or from 3-4 other characters will only make him angrier.
>>78541642
>he is not even stronger than Thor
if only it were so. They may be equally strong, but thor can't survive being stabbed in the hearth, being decapitated or smashed into a puddle.
>>
>>78541642
Thor is more powerful, Hulk is stronger.

There is a difference, Thor will never lift the same weight as Hulk, but Hulk can't fly, use Magic or weild a weapon as mighty as Mjolnir. Thor is capable of more than Hulk, but in a toe to toe slugfest, Hulk will win nearly everytime against nearly everyone.
>>
>>78541642
>he is not even stronger than Thor, is just that Hulkfags are retarded.
Thor told him straight up in fear itself that he always knew deep down that he could never beat him. So he hit him and knocked him into another country and then passed out, meanwhile, hulk lands and starts rampaging all over again. Like I said, /co/ generally hates hulk and will make up stupid shit to justify their hatred.
>>
>>78542102
>Hulk will win nearly everytime against nearly everyone.

I bet you inclide Superman in that list
>>
>>78539851
Why do I find this entertaining in OPM and distasteful with the Hulk?
Is it because OPM isn't taking itsefl seriously
>>
>>78542434
If it isn't taking itself seriously, then why did I cry at the Mumen Rider and Sea King scene?
>>
>>78542603
Because you're a little bitch most likely

You shouldn't cry, your heart should burn with JUSTICE
>>
>>78542323
Hulk isn't much different than Doomsday, so if they both just punch the shit out of each other. They would both drop.

Hulk is actually the Strongest any character can be without extra powers pushing them into a near Godlike presence. Hulk can break a planet, but he would have to get to a planet to do so, give him the ability to travel to planets or magic and he'd be a far more powerful.
>>
>>78542632
If the people in Hokuto no Ken and Jojo's Bizarre Adventures can cry, then it's okay.
>>
>>78542857
>Comparing Doomsday to Hulk

Confirmed for never reading Hulk
>>
>>78542857
Figured he's also some sort of gamma generator or something. Is that still a thing or did they change it?
>>
>>78542893
well, I mean, not right now, since Bruce is de-hulked due to absorbing the wrong type of radiation
>>
>>78542872
You can cry manly tears all you want
Little bitch tears are still unacceptable
>>
>>78542603
because Saitama is a parody character inserted in a serious setting.
>Hulk is actually the Strongest any character can be without extra powers pushing them into a near Godlike presence.
If it were just that it would be fine.It's the fact that he has gained immunity to all other kind of powers so the only way to beat him is to be physically stronger than him orridiculously more powerful that makes him annoying.
Even characters like Thor or Juggernaut or Superman can be affected by characters weaker than them who have some creative or hax power.
>>
File: k2hq5ED.jpg (565 KB, 2724x1080) Image search: [Google]
k2hq5ED.jpg
565 KB, 2724x1080
>>78539377
This topic got out of the hand so much.

Anyway, yes, anon. It's worth reading.

You should check these out plus the new on-going and Essential Rampaging Hulk
>>
>>78539851
Holy shit, he is.

To answer OPs question. Read only PAD
>>
>>78543017
List's also missing Ultimate Human, Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine
>>
>>78543017
>Stan Lee Hulk Run
The one that got cancelled after 6 issues?
Lol, and people say that 60s X-Men are failures
>>
>>78543017
is it worth reading if you dislike the hulk but like PAD comics?
>>
>>78543318
Yep. Especially the Future Imperfect.
>>
>>78543318
Yes. PAD's run is the only good run on Hulk

>>78543352
This too. It's basically DOFP with Hulk
>>
>>78542988
>Even characters like Thor or Juggernaut or Superman can be affected by characters weaker than them who have some creative or hax power.

I still say that Spot should dump Hulk in some lost corner of the Spot-o-verse
You know, until some asshole takes Hulk out somehow
>>
>>78543371
>PAD's run is the only good run on Hulk
>only good

Nigga pls
>>
>>78541525
>was anything said in that post false?
PHG hates PAD's run, and the majority of that run is Banner's intellect being in control.
>>
>>78543413
Prove me wrong
Protip: you can't
>>
>>78543448
see>>78543017
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 135x135
>>78541252
Vision is retarded
>>
>>78543480
That list is bollocks
>Hulk vs Quasimodo?
Really?

also
>Stan Lee's run
kek
>>
>>78543541
You a bollocks
>>
>>78543576
Learn proper english first, amigo
>>
>>78543599
But you're missing the point. ;_;
>>
>>78543409
hulk can punch reality to get back to the main universe.
>>
>>78542890
>Not comparing Hulk to Doomsday

Confirmed for be contrarion.

They are both functionally the same character.
>>
>>78543428
and that is relevant how?
>>
>>78543626
I wanted to post something snarky at first, but fuck this. New year is coming.

Still
>Spider-Man & Friends Books
hu hu hu hu hu
>>
>>78543448
The Sentry.
The first series I mean. Hulk has his limbs broken by the Void and cries in pain and fear.
It's probably the best Hulk story. At least it's the one I've appreciated the most.
>>
>>78543739
Ay gevalt. A point for trying, though.
Okay, I give up. You guys win.
I did enjoy some laughs here and there.
>>
>>78543655
>They are both functionally the same character.
Not really.
The funcctional equivalent of Doomsday is The Fury, but it is far more powerful.
>>
File: hulk.jpg (2 MB, 952x5068) Image search: [Google]
hulk.jpg
2 MB, 952x5068
>>78543655
No. You're missing the whole point of the Hulk.
>>
>>78543870
Oh shit.
>>
>>78541525
Savage Hulk is very much worth reading. I think he meant Savage at least, because Mindless is a little over a year of Hulk.

The second post about Hulk just being mary sue wank is not true considering that most of the character's tenure is spent being miserable and ruining things and the whole power level thing feat masturbation is relatively new. He can do all of those things, but just about every long lived superhero has done those things in their run. Also
>nu-huh, my character gets even madder and comes back and he was actually right because he's supersmart and didn't hurt anybody and now your characters are the villains
Is the cherry on the sundae that makes the whole thing worthless because it's not a Pak retcon. The entire time the Hulk has existed, the only time he has ever killed innocents is when he has been mind controlled or Banner's humanity has been removed. It is made a point often that if he really wanted to kill someone, they wouldn't be alive. The supermath crap Pak came up with nonsense, but he doesn't just smash up residential districts and his fighting in cities is only moderately more dangerous than any other heavyweight
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.