[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELLBOY IN HELL ENDS AT ISSUE 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: hb1600_1200.jpg_1.jpg (270 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
hb1600_1200.jpg_1.jpg
270 KB, 1600x1200
Mignola is closing out the entire Hand of Doom storyline in the next two issues so he can paint in seclusion. Hellboy in Hell ending, Hell on Earth ending...I feel so empty.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/mike-mignolas-6-essential-frankenstein-stories.html
>>
>>78536133
>Hellboy in Hell ending
Hu, what? I thought it was going to be at least as long as the previous Hellboy stuff, being a completely new chapter in his life and all that

>What’s more, Mignola isn’t planning on following up the conclusion to his Hellboy epic with another substantial comic project — at least not for a little while.
Oh...

Well I hope he has fun painting.
>>
>>78536191
Saddest part is how little people care
>>
>>78536191
Damn, so he's finishing up for good?
>>
I haven't really kept up with Hellboy in Hell since it comes out so randomly, but that's disappointing, especially since he built up the premise as something he could continue indefinitely.
>>
>>78536133
What a hack.
>>
>>78536407
No, he's taking time off from drawing to do some painting. He's still going to co-plot comics like Hellboy and the BPRD, Baltimore, Lobster Johnson, etc.
>>
>>78536133
>paint in seclusion
Mignola going full Goya
>>
>>78536543
So he's going to go deaf and insane?
>>
>>78536523
And Joe Golem
>>
Does this mean end of the second cycle?
>>
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/interviews/mike-mignola-reviews-2015-2/
>Update: The third interview will now be running early next week. Unfortunately news that was scheduled to break Tuesday did not break, and we have to wait until it does.

Yeah, I saw part 3 when it was uploaded. He talk a little more about it there. Hellboy in Hell is ending at #10, the BPRD arc after HoE is the last one, as for the other stuff I remember that he said that there would be more Witchfinder.

Also, calm down guys, stuff ending isn't a bad thing. Going on forever is what would suck. Not that I wouldn't like more Hellboy, but you have to take what you can get.
>>
>>78536644
It isn't so much that it's ending, it's that it's ending really suddenly
>>
I'm fine with this. I didn't really like the idea of Hellboy in Hell being a long running series anyways because of how long it takes an issue to come out. He'd George RR Martin himself because of his age and work speed. I also want a conclusion to close the book on Hellboy.
>>
Should have outsourced the art to Fegredo
>>
A break from working on something for 25 years seems fine really.
>>
>>78536133
awwww, I kinda dug the idea of Mignola taking his time with Hellboy in Hell
>>
>>78536791
No, he feels he let other people draw the main Hellboy book for too long
>>
File: Hellboy_and_the_BPRD_1953_3.jpg (209 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy_and_the_BPRD_1953_3.jpg
209 KB, 900x1366
>tfw realizing that there's literally just two (2) issues of In Hell left to wrap up the story

Wow, I thought there were fewer issues than 8.

At least there will be based as fuck Rivera Hellboy coming soon in 2016
>>
>>78536623
I seriously hope not but it reads like it does. Which makes no sense to me.
>>
>>78536791
A I'd rather have it end with all Mignola than have no Mignola art again. I like Fegredo but not again, man.
>>
>>78537019
I'd like to see Fegredo on Hellboy and the BPRD
>>
>>78536191
He said he would draw Hellboy until he died, he just didn't say he'd do it consistently from that point on.
>>
>>78536972
Looking forward to that, the current Hellboy and the BPRD with the Frankenstein artist is pretty good. Didn't care for Maleev
>>
>>78537094
Yeah that sounds good. That book seems like a good place for an artist showcase even though I really disliked Maleev's art on it.
>>
>the Goon ended
>now this

All hopes lay in Sakai
>>
>>78538717
>the Goon ended

What!? When? I thought it just turned into Hellboy type string of minis
>>
>>78538717
Dark Horse in suicide watch.
>>
>>78538717
Sakai needs to keep DH alive long enough for them to get those Moebius collections out
>>
>>78538976
BPRD is still going it's just ending the current mega arc and getting a new writer
>>
>>78536644
Part 3 is now up.
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/interviews/mike-mignola-reviews-2015-3/
>>
>Hellboy in Hell ending, Hell on Earth ending
On the one hand, it's pretty sad to hear this about my favourite franchise. On the other hand, at least I'll be able to plan how much shelf space I need now.
>>
>>78538717
Do Goon and Frankie get a happy ending?
>>
Wait....so Hellboy won't return to Earth and fuck monster shit up?
>>
>>78538717
Goon will continue as Lords of Mysery. >>78539611
Kinnda. But it's not the last we'll see them, since both of them are appearing in the re-titles series.
>>
>>78539860
From the very beginning Mike said Hellboy would stay dead and never come back to life.

I know we hear that a lot, but I'd like to believe it's true this time.
>>
it's good, things shouldn't run too long
look at how boring abe is and hell on earth lost a lot of steam around midway through and is now getting hype again
>>
honestly after that mignolaversity interview it doesn't seem like mignola has much to do with any of the other titles besides saying yes that's okay
>>
Guys, look on the bright side. Those means we're getting omnibus and library editions soon, now. FINALLY we can get the definitive collected editions with the proper ordering and everything.
>>
Well I'm not happy about these news. It sounded like he was going to keep doing this until someone told him to stop but I guess things change. But hopefully it won't be the last we see of Mignola's Hellboy. And we still have Hellboy and the B.P.R.D..... for now. Would be nice to Fegredo on that title and I'm looking forward to Rivera doing his thing. We also got that 8-page Corben one coming up.
>>
>>78540434
Essentially he plots and then sends out outlines and key points/events. But it's worked more or less, so great.

Anyway, to all this news I'll quote Hellboy.

"Well, there you go."
>>
Damn, I thought he said in another interview that Hellboy in Hell would at at around 20 issues after four years. Fugg.
>>
Assuming comics are still around, do you think Mignola will be held in such high regards as Kirby when he passes away? I mean, he did single-handedly create an entire universe of characters and stories like Kirby did.
>>
>>78543555

I doubt he'd be seen with that much high regard, but still high nonetheless. He did his thing and there we have it.

I do wish we could see more of those aliens from the first few mini-series.
>>
>>78543681
Yeah, the random aliens from Conqueror Worm?

That was really weird, but I think he said he didn't feel right adding aliens in to the whole thing so he decided to drop it all.
>>
>>78543555
He's deserves to but probably won't because his characters aren't part of a company as big as DC
>>
>>78543706

An explanation would be nice, maybe some answers to some questions regarding them. Even if it won't become a comic book, but just some little factoids and trivia.
>>
>>78543796
Maybe Mike can team up with Araki to write a book about their random aliens that show up out of nowhere for no reason and then just disappear never to be seen or heard from ever again.
>>
>>78543836

Hell no. Araki got boring in Vento Aureo.
>>
>>78543796
The last issue of Abe sounded like they were talking about the aliens, a girl was pontificating about a former race that had left the Earth
>>
Isn't everything ending soon anyway? It feels like BPRD is really close to wrapping and Abe is getting there.
>>
File: 1443573667690.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1443573667690.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>78536133
What are the chances Hellboy going to return to BPRD storyline and make everything right?
Hellboy can't let his friends die...
>>
>>78543901

I haven't really been updated, I wait for a few months before I pirate them, Ill buy them eventually, I swear. But being a student, comic books not being cheap and all that (if only by my country's prices)
>>
>>78536133
>Hell on Earth ending
fucking finally!
>>
>>78543939
Hellboy isn't coming back from the dead
>>
>>78543555
I hope so, there's not a single comic franchise that comes to mind where I can say I really enjoy nearly every issue along with all the spinoffs that's also as relatively old and long as Hellboy. It's probably the best comic series out there in terms of overall quality per issue.
>>
>>78546602
God I hope the finale lives up. Arcudi's run is on track for a fantastic ending, this current arc is stellar - every page of the last issue was standout and he's got plenty of time to wrap stuff up. Mignola has to resolve the ENTIRETY of Hellboy's destiny in two issues. I really hope the final one is at least extra long.
>>
>>78547131

I don't see why Mignola can't take his time with the ending. Does it really have to end in two issues? Could he really pull it off in that amount of time?
>>
>>78547220
>what are deadlines
>>
>>78536133
It's about god damn time this story wrapped up. It's been going on for, what, decades?
>>
>>78547355
It's an epic, yo
>>
>>78547258

He took his time with the other Hellboy in Hell issues tho
>>
File: img030.jpg (2 MB, 1845x2889) Image search: [Google]
img030.jpg
2 MB, 1845x2889
After Liz and Black Flame went all DBZ I kinda had a feeling this was coming.
>>
>>78548936
love how batshit things have gotten
>>
>>78536133 (OP)
>>78536543
Maybe he and Bill Watterson can hang out.
>>
>>78536644
>there would be more Witchfinder.
That's the worst news yet.
>>
So it doesn't really seem like it's ending. Hellboy in Hell is ending and Mike is going on hiatus for a while, but since B.P.R.D. only two thirds done more Hellboy seems likely. King Hellboy or Hellboy in Hollow Earth, or Space Hellboy, or some other crazy thing. Plus Mike may make another batch of short stories like Amazing Screw on Head.
>>
As Jona Bechtolt said when YACHT left the stage when I saw them last, "If this went on forever, that would be hell!"
>>
>>78548936
>the world is a post-apocalyptic wasteland
>murder and mayhem is everywhere
>but American comics are still afraid of curse words
This page honestly makes me feel embarrassed for Mignola.
>>
I just don't want Mignola to stop making comics. He is honestly a person I look up to and reading all this news really upset me. I like that Hellboy and B.P.R.D. are coming to an end, but I don't want it to be an end for good.

I just want Mike to continue drawing and writing his own comics. please tell me he will still be doing that after he takes this painting hiatus??
>>
>in hell ending
>earth going goku
>hellboy being "2/3 done"
>mignola going on a break
welp, everyone is dying, howards, abe, Iosif and varvara are the only ones making it out
>>
>>78536543
He's ripping off Goya?
>>
>>78552309
I could honestly see Varvara getting punked by the black flame.
>>
ok, can someone tell me how to read B.P.R.D? its like there is War on Frogs, Hell on earth, and then the trades like the dead and the Universal Machine and so on. I just dont know where to start and in what order to read. Is there a guide somewhere?
>>
File: Mignolaverse_Reading_Order_2015.jpg (435 KB, 450x5465) Image search: [Google]
Mignolaverse_Reading_Order_2015.jpg
435 KB, 450x5465
>>78552593
for b.p.r.d. only just read the plague of frog collection they're in order
after that 1946-1947-1948, vampire and being human
then hell on earth
>>
how will it all end?
>>
Wait, Hellboy is ending? Like for real? The end?
>>
>>78543897
Wait. You didn't like Steel Ball Run?
>>
>>78555065

I stopped reading a quarter of the way through Vento Aureo and never went back. The part not long after they deal with the Ice guy on the lake, and they're on an island
>>
>>78554887
the link says in hell and that he won't for follow up on the conclusion for a while which is probably like 2-3 years
>>
I wish he would pass over art duties of HiH to Duncan Fegredo.
>>
>>78556347
>>78554887
It's already close to over. Apparently Hellboy won't come back from the dead.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.