[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dare you to name a better superhero action sequence than the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 23
File: dd.png (971 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
971 KB, 1366x768
I dare you to name a better superhero action sequence than the hallway fight in Daredevil episode two.
>>
>>78533753
It never seems all that great to me if I watch it by itself.
The build up before the fight is crucial.
With it it's amazing however.
>>
Which is clearly an homage to Oldboy.
>>
One Punch Man episode 12. :^)
>>
Cap elevator fight
>>
>>78533753
Very few combat scenes in general have good choreography and fight psychology.

https://youtu.be/rDuetklFtDQ

A classic
>>
>>78533753

Arrow/Deathstroke battle in the season finale. Also that scene from "the Undertaking" when the parachutes in and beats the shit out of the guys in the hallway.

Not better but certainly comparable.
>>
File: 594827309827593.jpg (92 KB, 708x655) Image search: [Google]
594827309827593.jpg
92 KB, 708x655
>Matt knocks a guy to the ground
>he gets back up
>mfw

I can't begin to tell you how much I love that scene. Every moment he isn't directly engaging with a thug, he's leaning against a wall nursing his wound. It's fucking great.
>>
>>78534248
fuck off reddit
>>
Anything by Koichi Sakomoto, but especially the first six minutes here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nACRoKsLFFc
>>
>>78533753

It's among the GOATs. Couple others in the series as well.

I'd put Superman v the Khryptonians and Zod up there

I just wanna see The Raid guy tackle capeshit and show em how it's done. Imagine him being able to use powers, an arsenal, etc.

>>78534170
Eh, it's ok. Absurdly overrated flick here.
>>
>>78533753
The terminal velocity sequence in Iron Man 3 is better.
>>
The Arrow and Flash/Captain Boomerang fight in the first crossover.
>>
>>78534296
Soothe your udders gorrillanon, It's not a one-shot scene, it's just a great fight scene.

I think the elevator brawl in Winter Soldier is pretty fucking amazing, and it's a load of quick, smart camera work.
>>
>>78534280
I actually thought The Raid guy was directing Rogue One, but unfortunately it's some other Welsh director.
>>
>>78533753
It's a pretty shit fight scene in the big scheme of things. Most everything happens off camera. The parts you do see on camera are people stumbling, looking tired, etc. Even the most generic action shows/movies where... you know... you actually see the action tops it despite all the gype it gets.

>B-but... you can't compare it to a real action movie.

Yes, you can.
>>
>>78534296
kill yourself
>>
>>78534207
If Nolan could competently direct fight scenes without all the quick cut bullshit, he would be GOAT. But the Dark Knight Rises is a prime example of why he sucks at directing fight scenes.
>>
>>78534499
I like TDKR.
>>
>>78534499

They're so bad it's insulting
>>
>>78534264
Really. Dated effects aside, Matrix had better fights than Superman

http://youtu.be/kzchGi6BJjM
>>
That one from Oldboy that they stole it from
>>
>>78534207
>that
>good choreography
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwIIDzrVVdc
Original > pale imitations
>>
>>78534207
>spinning
that's a good trick
>>
File: haram.png (312 KB, 348x482) Image search: [Google]
haram.png
312 KB, 348x482
Something from Arrow could probably top it but their both GOAT shows
>>
>>78534701
Arrow was GOAT in season two, but after shitshow that was season three it will never recover.
>>
>>78533753
It's great, but I actually think there were some better fights in the show.

And the road fight between Steve and Bucky was fucking excellent.
>>
What's better for superhero fights? Realistic and gritty, ala Daredevil, or over the top spectacle, ala Man of Steel?
>>
>>78534789
Happy medium. Good choreography and a sense of telling a story through combat, combined with a sense of spectacle. I hate to be a weeb, but I think Japan is the only country really filming quality super-battles these days. They have a lot more of a headstart, both in terms of using special FX and structured combat.
>>
File: both.png (88 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
both.png
88 KB, 260x260
>>78534789
>>
>>78534789
I don't care as long as it actually looks painful and not weightless.
>>
>>78534789
Both can be good for different types of heroes.

MoS' fights are lacking as narratives, though, despite being technically amazing. Clark never really feels like he's in any particular danger of losing, he never seems tired or hurt, and there's never anything more interesting going on than 'punch harder faster stronger'. It LOOKS really cool but it has very little depth. Spectacle can be great, but there has to be more than that.

There's so much more you could do with a bunch of insanely strong/fast superhumans than that. I remember one of the animated movies having a great fight between Supergirl and Darkseid where she uses her flight and strength in a really cool way.
>>
>>78534510
It is the worst Batman movie. Adam West had better fights
>>
>>78534955
There's no way you can say Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are better than TDKR with a straight face.
>>
File: Cap vs WS.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Cap vs WS.webm
3 MB, 720x300
Captain America vs Winter Soldier, the highway fight scene.
>>
>>78534744

C'mon Tom.

Season 3 wasn't that bad. There were some great fights. I liked the bit where he caught Komodo's arrow, the Roy/Canary team up, and of course the boxing glove arrow.

S4 had a really good fight a couple episodes ago when Speedy fought Andy in the elevator.
>>
>>78534974

Not that anon but they're easily, easily better. Yeah, they're campy, silly, etc, but they're teeming with energy, life, a pulse. Not ashamed of being capeshit, and competently directed.
>>
>>78533855
I think I prefer the subterranean fight in EP 1. The choreography, sense of scale, and animation were all top notch.
>>78534436
I agree. It felt like a long take for the sake of a long take.
>>
>>78534789
Not a fan of over the top fights
>AHHHHHHHHH I'm coming at you with this single strong attack that will destroy the area
>I'm also coming at you with a single strong attack that will destroy the area
It's like watching generic shonen fight #16969
>>
>>78533855
Why does everyone keep bringing up this anime shit? It's not /co/ related.
>>
>>78535146
Because anime fags like to ruin everything
>>
>>78533753
Too bad he has a pig nose that'll always ruin a red costume.
>>
>>78535146
it's the new hotness
plus fights look cool but of course the show is overrated and autists have attached themselves already to the show
>>
>>78535146
>>name a better superhero action sequence
It's not like american comics have cornered the market on superheroes anon.
>>
>>78534789
Never really got into the over the top fight scenes, they always feel boring to me. Objectively I know MoS had really good fight scenes, but I just can't get excited about superpowered being getting punched into buildings by another superpowered being. Nothing interesting there in my opinion.

Street level like Daredevil or Winter Soldier is what I like. I really hope we'll get some great Bats fight scenes in BvS, Nolan really disappointed me when it comes to this aspect.
>>
I really don't understand what the big deal is. It's not even very good. Fuck, even Arrow has better action scenes.
>>
>>78535235
A concern I have fight-wise for BvS is that a good Batman fight and a good Superman fight would need different scales and focuses and I'm unsure if they'll be able to do both kinds well.
>>
File: 1441246809387.png (403 KB, 501x474) Image search: [Google]
1441246809387.png
403 KB, 501x474
>>78535298
>>
>>78535298
Arrow S1 and 2 had very good choreography for TV. S3 took a dip (except for the midseason Ra's fight) and S4 is coming back.
>>
>>78533753
I really liked the Hulk vs Abomination fight, and Hulk fighting Iron Man in AoU was probably the best part of that otherwise meh movie.

The Man of Steel fights though were unreal. Just felt so grand and intense.
>>
>>78535410
>midseason Ra's fight
Oh, yeah. Oliver flailing his arms like an idiot is just great fight choreography. Fuck, that entire scene was retarded.
>b-but they wanted to show that Ra's is a better fighter
Well, they should've done exactly that instead of the "X character forgets all his skills and becomes an idiot so Y character could look good" bullshit.
>>
>>78535146
Neither is this /tv/ shit.
>>
>>78535457
They're comic adaptations, weebfag. They are /co/ related.

Go back to /a/ if you want to jerk off to animu fights.
>>
>>78535454
Arrow's full of those. It's like people are shouting numbers with the crouches. There are never close calls, they always duck before the kick even begins. That and the power-ranger flailing. Daredevil's hallway fight also had a fair bit of that, but the sound editing was so on point it didn't register, and people stayed on the ground squirming, not flailing.
>>
>>78534789
whatever marvel does is good :^)
>>
>Daredevil
>Captain America
>Arrow

>superheroes
>>
>>78535741

So then Man of Steel has the best fights if we're talking about only superpowered shenanigans.

Maybe Flash vs. Reverse Flash
>>
File: sweatingjames.gif.gif (2 MB, 460x426) Image search: [Google]
sweatingjames.gif.gif
2 MB, 460x426
>>78534993
Makes my dick diamonds every time I see it.
>>
Arrow S4E07 directed by the stunt choreographer James Bamford was pretty great
>>
>>78535854
scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syZrZ1Huu_s
>>
>>78535888
The punches are so slow
>>
File: tangled I see.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tangled I see.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>78533753
>I dare you
>dare
>>
File: gareth-evans-image.jpg (110 KB, 610x761) Image search: [Google]
gareth-evans-image.jpg
110 KB, 610x761
>>78534248
This guy directed both Raid films.
>>
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman vs Doomsday is gonna be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ
>>
>>78536181
too many moves in that scene move too slow for me to register as "well-choreographed in one shot"
>>
>>78535016
Season 3 was that bad. And it never got as good sans a few notable exceptions.
>>
>>78534499
This fight scene was perfectly done.

Every move served a purpose drove the narrative of the fight, lead to the climax AND underscored the theme.

Bane Broke the Bat on every level.

The very first thing he does is call him outside at Wayne, which mean from the get go he broke Batman's #1 weapon, his identity, the mystery and horror of the boogieman, strike one.

So Bruce goes right for the physical. Remember Bruce is only a man, so his fighting style is based on minimizing contact, scare em, hit em once or twice, go back to the shadows, All out brawling is the antithesis of his combat, so Bruce throws his knock outs, but Bane can't feel it. strike 2

Then we see Bane bring out the psychology, remember, Bane is a batman mirror, he is also ex LOS and uses there tactics, so HIS theatrics and deception are his operatic dialogue. He plays up Bruce lack ing the physical capability to follow through as Batman. After a few blows, Bruce gives into anger and just wails, strike 3.

Already Bane has broken the Tactical, Physical and Psychological effectiveness of Batman and this is in less than a minute.

Bane throws Bruce of and instead of a badass cool cape descent, he just flaps and falls on his knees, Bane calmly and sleekly rapples down the chain and then procesed to dominate the fight, taking the blows while Bruce burns himself out.

Notice once we descnd the lighting goes dim and it isn't the linear clash of the Bridge, this isn't a duel, it's an asswhoopin

The moment batmab is on the stairs it's done, he is no longer the predator, he is the victim, he crawls up the stairs like a battered housewife and we get a calm cold horror movie shot of Banes feet as he aproaches him.

Batman makes a desperate flail, gets fucked, and then resorts to his gadgets. which fail.

Bane is hip to the gimmick, it's like a magic trick being done once you know the secret. Strike 3.
>>
>>78537967
We get into Banes backstory, mirroring bruce, and another humiliating shot of Bruce hung up with his feet trailing like a scolded puppy. Note Bane gets angry when Bruce says he was dumped, the first and only time in this fight, showing his emotional weakness in the midst of his persona.

Bane does his theatrical flourish as Destiny (remember Batman is a story about performance) Batman lunges like a schoolyard kid and after being dominated (remember Batman is a "snipe" type, Bane just tanking his blows just trashes him.)
Bruce once again kneeling in desperation and weakness, cuts the lights, and Bane ruins him while using his fake backstory (theatricality and deception) strike 5.
Bane then takes Bruce's company, and all his weapons and tech. strike 6.

Bane has systematically decimated, every skill, tactic,weapon and philosophy that made up Batman, something built over two entire films broken in less time than it takes to make a hotpocket.

Batman is no more, the empty shell lashes out, and is finally put down.

He wondered what would break first? His spirit or his body?

We end with the devasted heap that was once Batman unceremoniously dragged off.

Bane has broken the Bat.

Too many fight scenes focus just on looking good, lacking a flow and progression. Even fewer key in the characteristics of those fighting in such a holistic manner.

This film was very shoddy, but this scene is it's crowing moment, the entire thesis of it's form in one Brutal, ugly five minute show case.
>>
Hellboy vs Nuada is a lot better
>>
>>78534789
This is stupid. Neither of those are barometers of Quality. It's like asking which color M and M tastes best.

Whether they are properly made, directed, choreographed, and have proper psychology matter far more than something as eteral and arbitrary as "genre. "
>>
>>78536572
I know people like to bitch all the time about that movie, but the action sequences were awesome at portraying just how ridiculously powerful and awesome Kryptonians are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6UtMo3JDw
>>
>>78537967
>>78538029
While reading through this, I was just waiting for it to turn out to be baneposting.
>>
>>78538915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuKYT-yioI
>>
>>78534334

That was pretty great. Did a good job of showing just how a guy who fights with fucking boomerangs can be a threat.
>>
>>78534993
Dat suplex, Captain America for Wrestlemania 2016
>>
>>78538495

I really, REALLY loved how MoS showed heat vision. It's not laser pointer-eyes so much as fucking ionizing the air molecules into a stream of plasma.
>>
>>78537967
>>78538029
tl;dr

DK trilogy had shit fight scenes. Way to waste your time.
>>
First Oldboy, then The Raid, now Daredevil.
Does nothing good ever happen in apartment building hallways?
>>
>>78534993
>Way too zoomed in
>Cuts every 3 seconds
its okay/10
nowhere near as impressive as the Daredevil hallway fight
>>
>>78534214
Their final fight was too short, the buildup was so amazing that in the end it looked like two punches and an arrow. It's a pity.
>>
>>78535888
Atom looks very nice. It'll be cool to see more of him fighting in Legends.
>>
>>78539973
>slow choreography
>fake af knockouts
okay/10
nowhere near as visceral as Cap vs TWS

>>78540053
mirroring two fights was neat
>>
>>78540225
>mirroring two fights was neat

Oh, shit you're right! I forgot abou that. It was dope indeed.

>"Poor Sarah. How many times are you gonna see her die?"
>>
File: train.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
train.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
pls
>>
>slow
>fake knockouts
>implying
Have you ever actually seen a fucking fight? And I'm not talking about fucking retard movie shit.
Real fights are not so fast that you can't track them and the camera has to cut constantly to keep out. People are relatively pretty slow.
And it's VERY easy to knock someone out. A single good hit to the jaw can take someone down.
Out of all the capeshit so far, Daredevil is the closest to realism they've gotten.
>>
File: WW 3x08 (8).webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
WW 3x08 (8).webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>78539973
Nothing wrong with cutting if you do it right. People jerk off to long takes too much without really understanding editing very well.

http://vashivisuals.com/the-editing-of-mad-max-fury-road/
>>
>>78540304
Spidey and Iron Man in general are still very up there for me.
But I guess we're sticking to superpower-less fights.
>>
It's painfully obvious that the hallway fight was done in multiple takes, then edited to create the illusion of seamlessness.
>>
>>78534701
>Something from Arrow

You made me chuckle
>>
>>78540595
It was done in one take, it just wasn't all done with Charlie Cox. When the camera cuts away from the room, they are changing to a stuntman.
>>
>>78535553
You're forgetting that mods have said /co/ is the superheroes board and you can have superhero fights in anime and manga too.

It's not like any of the live-action stuff being posted is an adaption of a comic fight scene so it's really just /tv/ crap.
>>
>>78540442
I'm watching a timed brawl with stunt men doing what they practiced to follow the dance. There are moments of greatness, but overall meh.
>>
>>78540628
it wasn't. The director even said so.
>>
>>78533753
How about every fight from the Kato movie?
https://youtu.be/Rvr-SP3EEXI
>>
>>78534789
Daredevil is not realistic. It's cruel, but it's still over the top as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcPkbEYloYM
>>
>>78540442
I don't understand the obsession with realism
>>
>>78540628
No, it's multiple takes. Take a look under the collapsed door. Near the start of the fight there is a microwave, but when Matt leaves with the kid you can see that the microwave is gone.
>>
>>78540893
Me neither, fight scenes have more in common with dancing, yet people get anal about it.
>>
>>78540893
People don't understand concept of escapism.

They also can't relate to characters if character is not them.
>>
The nightcrawler scene from X2 was rad
>>
>>78541096
That was only not shit part of the movie.
>>
>>78540893
I don't mind an attempt at it, but I hate this growing obsession when it comes to fight scenes, of course two men aren't going to beat each other to death for a scene, if you want that, go watch MMA or Boxing.
>>
The scene in winter soldier where Cap ran through everyone's asshole on the ship.
>>
>>78540893
Depends on the tone of the movie or scene Tbh.
>>
File: 1410123743742.webm (3 MB, 1160x482) Image search: [Google]
1410123743742.webm
3 MB, 1160x482
>>78541138
That fucking kick still gets me hype.
>>
>>78541158
Well its a blind man who regularly performs Olympic level gymnastic feats in ninja clothes
>>
>>78541200
There's a new kick in the Civil War trailer that sends a dude flying from the roof of a van. I raelly like that it's the Russo's crew choreographing instead of Whedon's.
>>
>>78540994
I love some crazy, super acrobatic fights
>>
>>78541126
It's fun to do wild, unrealistic stunt work

https://youtu.be/6qqwXFleU5M
>>
>>78539206
It did, that was not one of them
>>
>>78541812
Go on...
>>
>>78534436
>The parts you do see on camera are people stumbling, looking tired, etc
That's because the scene isn't about the action. It's the struggle. Matt's been broken and beaten and he's bleeding and weak, but he still goes in because there's someone to save. The scene isn't great because it's flashy, it's great because it epitomizes Matt.

Fuck battlefags.
>>
File: Faora Speed Force.gif (3 MB, 325x136) Image search: [Google]
Faora Speed Force.gif
3 MB, 325x136
>>78536572

Every time.
>>
>>78541200
Stuff like this makes me wish Marvel had someone to make a good Cap game.
>>
>>78541855
I just did freind

>>78537967
>>78538029
>>
>>78534626
so fucking good
>>
>>78540595
you say this like this isn't normal or hurts the overall scene.
>>
>>78542692
A Captain America game wouldn't sell. You'd need it to be an Avengers game
>>
>>78534858

What japanese SFX are you seeing that I'm not?
>>
>>78542371
I love how she pauses and looks at the guy before going ham.
She looks almost bored with how easy it is for her.
>>
>>78542841
It doesn't, but I hate it when people sell things like the hallway fight and the movie "Unfriended" as having been done in one take.
>>
>>78542692
It's funny because playing the Cap game is what made Chris Evans want to try the flippy punching fighting in the movies.
>>
>>78536572
Yeah MoS had the best fight scenes in any live action cape movie yet.
>>
I always liked this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0SarFs60w
>>
>>78534217
The bad-guys were bad... but they were tough and had guts. It was a depiction so different from the "mookiness" of most "lone hero vs. a lot of normals" fights. I really catches you by surprise.
>>
It's dated, but Wolverine vs. Deathstrike from X-Men 2 is still excellent. Deathstrike's death is particularly haunting.

And Angel vs Faith in the "Five by Five" episode of "Angel" rules because of the a shocking ending.
>>
>>78544005
>that moment when he earns the russian's respect
>madame gao stomping his shit with one punch
>the entire nobu fight

imo jessica jones really missed the mark by focusing too hard on her Fisk, and forgetting all the rest of the villains that made daredevil great
>>
>>78544005
Daredevil did at some points mookify the hired guns but overall nobody went down with a single punch. The only time where Matt tears through them seems to be the final episode, if only because it drives home the intimidation he puts on the crooked cop.
>>
>Hallway fight
>Good
>That one mook who just starts shooting at the roof
>>
>>78544232
>What is recoil control
>>
>>78534993
this desu senpai
I forgot how damn good this is.
>>
>>78538029
So thematically, the fight was actually pretty good, but the actual fight itself wasn't anything all that impressive. Nolan just sucks at choreography, simple as that.
>>
Refer to this >>78546443
in reference to >>78533753
DD had better "actual" fights further into the season. Thematically speaking, I wouldn't even tout the hallway fight as DD's best when this exists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o8u8Hjub6U
>>
File: 1409273951417.png (1 MB, 1360x579) Image search: [Google]
1409273951417.png
1 MB, 1360x579
>>78536572

> mfw Clark had enough of their shit and unleashed his awesome heat vision at them.
>>
>>78533855
now... is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edSxHacKIko

I mean, yeah, the animation and the action is pretty fast and intense, but that´s just it? he literally doesn´t give a fuck and wins the battle with no effort? I am trying to understand, what is the appeal here? rooting against the hero?
>>
>>78533753
The Vamp rave sequence in Blade
>>
>>78534974
Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are better than TDKR
>>
>>78538495
Why is that if they aren't exposed to the sun? Is it just the armor that makes them that God Tier? Without it they're shown to just be human on Krypton.
>>
>>78535410
Season 4 WAS coming back it's going to be whiny "poor me I got shot" Felicity for the just of the season.
>>
>>78540506
Better than anything in MoS
>>
>>78546878
Good call -- that was a damn good sequence. In fact, it was so good that the rest of 'Blade', and the following movies, had a problem living up to it.
>>
>>78547100
Blade vs Nomak at the end of 2 was pretty great though
>>
>>78547156
Fair point, but the rave is still the top fight scene in all three Blade movies.
>>
File: 1450286256879.jpg (118 KB, 648x960) Image search: [Google]
1450286256879.jpg
118 KB, 648x960
>>78543931

this is why I dont worry for the Batman action scenes in BvS, Im excited to see Snyder's vision in bringing the Bat's brutal fighting style to the big screen.
>>
>>78533753
Quicksilver in DOFP

shite movie but the scene was great
>>
>>78533753
>I dare you to name a better superhero action sequence than the hallway fight in Daredevil episode two.
Pretty much every fight in Watchmen.

While I liked the Daredevil fight, it really got you geared up for more cool fights that NEVER HAPPENED. Instead it's just stupid gimp ninjas and lame fights.
>>
File: Hellboy vs Nuada.webm (3 MB, 1063x576) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy vs Nuada.webm
3 MB, 1063x576
>>
>>78540442
>slow
That complain annoys me. It sacrifices the impact when the hits are too fast.
>>
>>78535146
>Triggered
>>
>>78534592
As far as Nolan directed Batflicks go? Yeah. Easily the weakest aspect of his Bat films. Hoping that Affleck directed Batflick doesn't have the same issue.
>>
>>78540442
there's a reason real fights aren't as popular a spectator sport than performance arts like wrestling and boxing
>>
>>78541463
>>78540994
>>78540893
I don't care if they are realistic or not so long as they are well choreographed and most importantly I CAN ACTUALLY SEE WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!

If it's one thing i hate it's quick cuts during fight scenes. If you watch the making of Batman Begins when he is taking on a group of League of Shadows mooks, it actually looks a lot better than it did in the final movie when it was edited and chopped to fucking hell. Nolan seems to get this now though as the Hallway fight in Inception is better than the fights in his Bat trilogy by far. Still has a way to go but a lot better.
>>
>>78542852
Marvel Lego would be such a big thing if wasn't lego, just a Marvel sandbox with nice, simple textures that'll age well.
>>
>>78548474
The actors were already trying to sell it by reacting, breathing heavily & not staying down.
if the actual moves are still too slow to take the intended impact seriously and sometimes comes off as joke unfortunately, is the complaint valid?
>>
>>78546742
>>78543704
>>78538495
>>78539147
>>78536572
Seriously that is how i expect Superman ( and other super powered beings for that matter) to fight. It's not really that different from if you watch JLU or Superman cartoons. But people were all like "hurrrr itz like DBZ" how the fuck do these people expect it to look when Supes gets in a brawl with other godlike beings exactly? I think people shit on it mostly because Snyder hate.
>>
>>78543931
Also the Ozy vs Comedian fight at the beginning.
>>
>>78533753
>was
What I loved about the fights here was the attention to detail.
Wounds and cuts remain where they are, consistently.
Even episodes later a stitch will still be in the exact same place where you saw the cut got made.

There's a little bit of bullshit with the meditation stuff, but that's just there to not keep him out of combat for four months after each fight.

I love that they keep track of stuff like that. It really helps sell the danger. Despite him kung-fu kicking dozens of criminals, you still feel like a single bullet, even a single knife, could still kill him.
>>
>>78548745
Fast can be pulled off well, but it's usually not.
That's why I hate the choreography on the first seasons Arrow. It's either too fast to have any impact or simply doesn't have any impact at all.
>>
File: cavill.jpg (237 KB, 1024x1534) Image search: [Google]
cavill.jpg
237 KB, 1024x1534
>>78548819

>Seriously that is how i expect Superman ( and other super powered beings for that matter) to fight.

yep

>It's not really that different from if you watch JLU or Superman cartoons

fuck yeah!

>I think people shit on it mostly because Snyder hate.

The Snyder agenda is really the most moronic thing I've ever witnessed, the guy is honestly an above average film maker ( on his way to being elite if he pulls this and Justice league off ) who likes to tell good stories beyond the superficial crap that marvel likes to shit out ( thor2, IM2, ) and yet all he gets is hate from fuckers that wouldnt know two shits on how to build a coherent narrative let alone a multilayered story featuring a complex gallery of characters that challenges the viewer to explore the concept of superhero stories beyond good and evil. Hence the hate on man of steel.

tl:dr , most people just like watching superficial dumb shit.
>>
File: 1447039438135.jpg (164 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
1447039438135.jpg
164 KB, 658x370
My favourite is Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket at the end of the movie

It encapsulated the main beats of the movie in a single scene and it was just tons of fun.
>>
>>78533753
that shit was cash, yo
>>
>>78544132
It also would've helped if her Fisk wasn't a boring unthreatening sociopath.
>>
>>78534789
>Man of Steel?
Jej. Unrealistic are fine but at least mention a good one. I think capeshit is too saturated in cinema at the moment. For this reason alone the DD was miles above.
Without saturation I'm not sure how it would pan out. DD is a solid fucking action scene regardless and super fights are really cape only (with a few exceptions) so even then DD wins.
>>
>>78540516
>People jerk off to long takes too much
Long takes are God. It's not like editing is easy, that's true, it's a skill. Certainly mediocre editing is better than a mediocre long take.

Even so the best long take however will always reign supreme over all else.
>>
>>78534858
Most of the Japanese live action films have shit fight choreography
>>
>>78550969
Not particularly, Jackie Chan's famous 20 minute fight scene from Drunken Master 2 is easily one of the best fight scenes ever and it's not a long take and making it a long take wouldn't have improved it one bit.
>>
>>78533753
any fight in Man of Steel
>>
>>78533753
That scene was fucking great. Pretty much all the fighting in Daredevil was great but I don't think they ever topped that.
The fight with the Japanese dude towards the end of the season was pretty good too.
>>
>>78538029
nice write-up.
>>
>>78547479
Pretty much this
Best cape scene ever
>>
File: 1403314262068.jpg (24 KB, 189x263) Image search: [Google]
1403314262068.jpg
24 KB, 189x263
>>78535191
>stop talking about japanese cartoons!
>let me discuss my spandex'd superheroes like they're actually well-written
>>
>>78535888
not half bad anon.
>>
>>78536572
those product placements really are distracting
>>
>>78549758

Which one? The fight in the briefcase or the fight in Cassie's room?

I recently saw Ant-Man with my parents and my mom was cracking up during the fight on top of the toy trains because my brothers and I were both huge into Thomas the Tank Engine when we were really young and had one of those tracks set up in our room.
>>
>>78548819

You can really see how Batman would be super fucking paranoid of Superman after witnessing that level of destruction from the Superman vs. Zod fight.
>>
>>78535888

Oh shit yeah that episode was great.
>>
>fucking keysi
What was Nolan thinking?
It's not effective and it doesn't look good on screen for either brutal down-to-earth or flashy fight scenes. It's a complete joke of a martial art in every way.
>>
>>78536572
2:58 looks so damn cool
>>
>>78557331
Keysi is shitty, but I thought Jack Reacher did a pretty good job with it.
https://youtu.be/A94mgxWkZ1Q
>>
I started watching this thinking "i'm not really sure about the casting on matt I don't like him" but man he literally fucked me into submission. Not only is he a great fucking actor , but his stunt double is god incarnate. I just hope season 2 isn't influenced by Jessica Jones since I didn't really like that one
>>
I still enjoy the Hulk vs Blonksi fight from TIH. Makes me want a World War Hulk movie just to see Cap go all out against intelligent Hulk
>>
>>78546697
WHERE WERE THE OTHER DRUGS GOING
>>
>>78561409
I don't know have you rewatched it lately? The CGI and non CGI shots are really poorly edited together. There's a lot of "punching at something off screen" moments.
>>
>>78561897
the throat cancer needs to end with these kinds of heroes.
>>
>>78533753
It isn't even the best one in the show. The first fight scene by the docks is miles better.

The top tier fight scene in movies, though, is this.
>>
>>78563557
Name of the video game?
>>
>>78533753
I liked that scene, but I think I was spoiled with the quality of Oldboy's corridor fight.

I think my most memorable superhero fights are the uncut Spider-Man 2 fight between Spidey and Doc Ock, WS vs Cap in the second Cap movie, and Hulk vs Abomination.

Nothing compares to this fight though, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite fight scene of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnomr8E6P3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgrvEWGdDq4
>>
>>78563721
>in this day and age when video games look better than reality
>>
Does Jackie Chan count as a super hero?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5oaBWYzPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI2dzMEzX2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4B1poOfM
>>
>>78535888
What bothers me is that they gave loads of those mooks guns, and show them running in to go to hand-to-hand combat. With guns. They could've just stood back and shot them.

Why give them guns if all it does in this scene is make them look fucking stupid? This would've been pretty good otherwise
>>
>>78564174
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5oaBWYzPk

I forgot about that fight! The thing I love about Jackie Chan fights is that they're often not only skillfully done, but they're cinematic too. There's drama and personality along with the fighting.

The final MoS fight was epic and shit was getting wrecked left and right but I didn't really get invested into the epicness of it. It's like being 5 years old and smashing your action figures together making explosion sounds.
>>
File: boku-no-hero-academia-5261839.jpg (212 KB, 1200x875) Image search: [Google]
boku-no-hero-academia-5261839.jpg
212 KB, 1200x875
>>78535220
This guy gets it.
>>
>>78534946
>Clark never really feels like he's in any particular danger of losing
Not the point, its about how long it takes him to win and how much destruction takes place before he can and what it will cost him to win.
>he never seems tired or hurt
No their is at least 3 times he looks exhausted and struggles to stand up again.
>>
File: 1371157002000-AntjeVideoImage.jpg (226 KB, 786x900) Image search: [Google]
1371157002000-AntjeVideoImage.jpg
226 KB, 786x900
>>78536572
>>78542371
Reminder Antje Traue Just did her first nude scene!
Lingers a bit too much on the guys ass, but still a nice scene.
http://watchscenes.com/antje-traue-nude-scene-in-weinberg/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YPgp368Gk
>>
>>78566754
Him doing a lot of his own stunts helps with it. Jackie Chan is always a real pleasure to watch in action scenes since you never have to angle the camera to hide his face.
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.