[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
still underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: httyd2 yet another pic.jpg (7 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
httyd2 yet another pic.jpg
7 KB, 299x168
still underrated?
>>
>Wonder why there's no more Dragons on CN
>It's on Netflix now

FUCKING
>>
>>78532357
No, its sucks

If anything it's overrated thanks to tumblr.

The 1st one was so much better.

It has major character and dragon design issues
>>
File: laughing seal.jpg (5 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
laughing seal.jpg
5 KB, 283x178
>>78532673
design issues?
>>
So basically anything short of winning the joke of an Oscar for Best Animated Film is considered "underrated" in your book?

This movie god damn near everything else. It got the attention, it got the box office, it got the critical response, it got the nominations and awards. What's the problem?
>>
>>78532357
How does it feel to have a young love and know you are going to marry her someday and your parents are okay with it? Like imagine having another young person there who's willing to go through the awkward sexual hormone stages with you. You're free to explore her and she's free to explore you as you wish. What do you think happens if their parents catch them? I mean the entire village knows they're going to be married someday, so do the parents stop them? Imagine knowing you'll never have to awkwardly ask someone out to a dance or whatever ritual they have in their village and fear you'll be rejected because you'll always have a partner? Young love must be great.
>>
File: httyd2_greater_than_sots.png (2 MB, 1280x948) Image search: [Google]
httyd2_greater_than_sots.png
2 MB, 1280x948
>>78532357
>the general public will never understand
>>
>>78532357
Hiccup looks like Adam driver.
>>
>>78533971
No, Adam Driver has a larger nose to face ratio and a pointed chin.
>>
>>78533971
I thought he looked more like Arthur Darvill.
>>
>>78532621
At least it has all kinds of cool dragons.
http://youtu.be/abrncYsJkSE
>>
>>78533949
ok, is that sarcasm?
, cause I agree with it
>>
File: HTTYD.jpg (2 MB, 5760x4080) Image search: [Google]
HTTYD.jpg
2 MB, 5760x4080
>>78532357
The first film is really visually beautiful in an understated, pastoral sort of way. I appreciate the restrained colour palette and the use of natural lighting. The second film went for a more fantastical and abstract look, which was interesting but gave the whole film a very different feeling.
>>
so, is there a better animated film of the decade?
>>
>>78532357

Still overrated. Felt like 2 halves of different movies smashed together. Side characters were wasted. Main villain's super power was shouting loudly.

It is undeniably beautiful to look at, but it dropped the ball big time in writing and pacing. Frozen still should not have won.
>>
>>78532357
Why do you keep trying to push this overrated piece of shit? You like the movie because you want to fuck the whiny kid or the stupid lizard. Just be out with it and stop spamming this shit.
>>
File: 1398472236857.jpg (155 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1398472236857.jpg
155 KB, 500x500
>>78539244
2010-2020? So far no, but there is time yet.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.