[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Batman's kryptonite ring give him cancer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 450x338
Why doesn't Batman's kryptonite ring give him cancer?
>>
Because he keeps it in a lead box.
>>
Because he prepared for that.
>>
>>78531614
Why do the comics pretend that simply having a ring made of kryptonite would make him a threat to a rampaging kryptonian that actually wants to kill him?
>>
Luthor got cancer after wearing the ring 24/7 for years

Batman has only put it on like, twice
>>
>>78531639
But it's on his belt.

Right near his balls.

Why isn't Batman infertile?
>>
>>78531637
The issue where the OP's picture comes from addresses exactly that

Superman is being mind controlled by Poison Ivy and Batman thinks to himself "If Clark really wanted me dead, I wouldn't last a second. But subconsciously he holds back, he always does, afraid of hurting anything"
>>
>>78531647
But the whole reason he has the ring is for if Superman actually went full Zod.
>>
>>78531663
no, he has a shit ton more things for if sups goes Zod. the ring is just something that he can used to defend himself fast.
>>
>>78531646
>Why isn't Batman infertile?
How would we know if a gay man is infertile anyway? Also lead lining on the belt.
>>
Why doesn't Batman have lead poisoning?
>>
because he's a mary sue
>>
>>78531646
There's nothing to suggest Kryptonite releases ionizing radiation.

>>78531639
In this case, Luthor likely absorbed radioactive dust, fragments or irradiated materials that had been in proximity, or simply saturated his own tissue. Or it really is ionizing radiation and simply a very low exposure.

>>78531614
Because it falls below 3 mSv/year in dosage/exposure. This is around the amount you or I receive from UV sources (like sunlight) which damages our skin and can, but doesn't always, cause cancers. As with any source of radiation, dosage is important here: and since Batman spends most of his time either mostly covered up by a Batsuit at night, or wearing suits in the daytime as Bruce Wayne, his parents are dead and he doesn't get a huge amount of UV exposure, so it's possible that the very low amounts he's getting from the ring (when he wears it, as he likely does >>78531622 take precautions when not in use) don't actually amount to a dose high enough to cause damage.

Better question: given that Superman's eyes emit x-rays, why doesn't everybody he looks at regularly - like the entire employee base of the Daily Planet - have cancer?
>>
>>78531841
Wow look at this try hard.
>>
>>78531841

nerd
>>
>>78531841
It's called x-ray vision, but it works in a completely different way from real x-rays. It's just a convenient way of saying "see through things vision".
>>
>>78531614

A better question is why Lex never thought to keep his Kryptonite in some kind of lead container.
>>
>>78531991
Because Lex knew that if Superman was coming for his ass, he wouldn't have the luxury of time to take the ring out of a box

He wore it constantly so he couldn't be jumped
>>
>>78531936
Mmm. That's not really a thing. He'd have to be using subatomic particles of some type, and in the necessary concentrations you're talking high-energy bursts that would damage cells and have the same effect as x-ray exposure. Otherwise he's just faintly radioactive or emitting amounts of exotic particles so low that they're of no benefit to him.

>>78531877
it's a Batman thread, what did you expect
>>
Batman wears a kryptonite cock ring.
>>
>>78532061
>Mmm. That's not really a thing

It's a comic book you fucking retard. Is the "Speed Force" a thing? No, you idiot. Christ I want to shove you in a locker.
>>
>>78532081
But why would he need that when it doesn't affect the Joker at all
>>
>>78531639
Not to mention hasn't Lex literally injected himself with Kryptonite at least once?
And here I thought the guy was supposed to be smart.
>>
>>78531637
Because in the comics the most popular iteration of how Batman came to possess a kryptonite ring is that Superman gave it to him.

Long story short, Batman is a gullible rube and Superman is giving a pity ring to an idiot claiming it would be one of the surefire ways to stop him if he ever goes rogue.
>>
>>78531841
>like the entire employee base of the Daily Planet - have cancer?
They do. I mean, not all at once. It's not like he x-rays everybody constantly. They just didn't attribute the cancer to Clark Kent looking at them funny. And he's probably not the primary cause anyway. Like you say, it's dosage and he apparently has the option to not project radiation at people.

It's why Luthor has cancer, because of how often Superman spies on him.
>>
Bruce keeps the ring in a lead container on his belt or in the Batcave when not in use. He get minimal exposure.

Luthor kept the ring on his bare finger constantly for years. He almost never removed it. He was getting direct exposure for years.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.