[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It Hurts!! 354: Soaring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12
File: ithurts354.png (696 KB, 980x1268) Image search: [Google]
ithurts354.png
696 KB, 980x1268
>http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/
More timeskip goodness
>>
I really want to know the story behind Down To Fly.
>>
What I wanna know is where's the cave man?
>>
>>78526700
he's a big eagle
>>
>>78526601
this is a nice change of scenery. Just these two bro'ing it up until the next villain shows up
>>
2cute2gether
>>
File: 1450894873723.png (7 KB, 346x318) Image search: [Google]
1450894873723.png
7 KB, 346x318
>IT HURTS will be taking a short break. I intend to start regular updates again January 4 at the latest.
>proceeds to regularly update anyway
>>
>>78526601
>that loving/concerned look on Partyman in panel 1
>>
>>78527027
I mean who can complain?
>>
Be honest, if one of them died and the other lived it would just break them wouldn't?
>>
>>78527114
it really would
>>
>>78527114

It's a good thing that apparently EVERYONE DIES in this arc then.
>>
>>78526601
Only good things could possibly come with the metric fuckload of hubris here, right?
>>
>>78527114
did you not read the first couple of pages after 100? Pasq went full breakdown mode over Ally's deaht
>>
>>78527114
>>78527785
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he would have drank himself to death if he was capable of doing so back then.
>>
>>78527081
I'm kinda worried he'll burn himself out if he keeps updating with such big pages so often. But maybe he's just got a much better workflow or something or he's inspired or whatever.

>>78527785
Ally was most affected by Pasqualo's death of all the people Hellbeast killed. Yeah they're concerned and all about their crushes but they're bros 4 lyfe.
>>
>>78526601
Oh Pasq giving poor innocent Ally the head again? Ally did die a virgin poor her.
>>
File: 1417720334086.gif (2 MB, 150x114) Image search: [Google]
1417720334086.gif
2 MB, 150x114
can a man inseminate a zombie
>>
>>78527785
he is going to use the anal self destruction mechanism. it was shown for a reason.
>>
Was the timeskip really just one year?
>>
>>78528356
no, but a robot can
>>
>>78527114
>>78527785
I'm pretty sure Ally wasn't suppose to come back originally but Gob ended up not offing her completely.
>>
>>78528790
There's no way. Ally's been pretty essential to Pasqualo's characterization, she's a fucking amazing deuteragonist. She's often what spurs growth in Pasqualo, how he treats her is how far along he is in handling depression. Gob planned well past 100 only really got off track when he decided he didn't want Aurora to be the primary antagonist, I can guarantee you he had no plans to keep Allison dead.
>>
File: ithurts351d.png (405 KB, 980x1268) Image search: [Google]
ithurts351d.png
405 KB, 980x1268
>>78528602
Yeah it says it has been about a year and 4 months. Honestly, he could have gone for a bigger jump and brought it up to (our) present day, but hey, it works out all the same.
>>
>>78527027
>regularly update

He said on twitter no friday comic.
>>
>>78528978
pretty sure the "4 months" is meant to be the four months that passed between the apocalypse and pasq killing his mom. otherwise its just an arbitrary amount of time
>>
>>78529066
The Highschool Arc was July 2013, and was immediately followed by the rap battle arc.
It all depends on whether there was an arbitrary 3 month skip in there
>>
File: WellShit.png (18 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
WellShit.png
18 KB, 800x600
well im glad i can still read the update here but,

Can anyone else even access gobs website?

I keep having problems loading it and can't get there anymore
>>
>>78529155
I was when the update was posted but after like 3 refreshes it loaded.
Weird shit
>>
>>78527027
thank you, Based Gob

come back to /co/ it's so shit here
>>
>>78528978
so did she magically wish to be a humongous lunk or what
>>
>>78530061
there's two other possibilities:
-steroids
-trisssh's crazy dietary/training regimen
>>
>>78530357
what if trisssh's eggs are steroids
>>
>>78526601
Bro Time with Pas and Ally is so cute. It's so cute it sickens me.
>>
File: bfEYsoy.jpg (102 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
bfEYsoy.jpg
102 KB, 576x1024
>>
>>78530061
i wonder if the boy from the other school still likes her. think his name was "powercord". last seen during the barking rainbow thing in the mom battle giving a flower to maddie.
>>
>>78528790
Nah, gob has on record said that he planned ally to be a zombie even during the pre 100 comics.
>>
>>78532130
Ah shit, does Gob still do book signing? I really should have gotten one.
>>
>>78535299
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?page_id=2249

Yep, you can still get one. You have to pay shipping as well since he ships it himself which makes it sorta pricey but shit's worth it.
>>
>>78535380
Fuuuuck I shouldn't have been so generous this Christmas
>>
File: selfishness.png (89 KB, 288x306) Image search: [Google]
selfishness.png
89 KB, 288x306
>>78535711
>>
>>78537227
Made me kek most heartily. Where is Gob, anyway? He usually pops in for a bit.
>>
>>78537554
That's only on occasion, it's not really a given.
Probably out somewhere, living his life like it's golden.
>>
>>78537554
pop!

How you guys doing? I'm on my lunch break at work about to lunch it up. :)
>>
File: can't be helped.jpg (58 KB, 594x424) Image search: [Google]
can't be helped.jpg
58 KB, 594x424
>>78537769
Well there's my foot in my mouth, I suppose.
>>
>>78537868
lol

>>78537769
Hey Gob, what's up? >>78537227's post made me remember that fucking principal confrontation. What in the world made come up with that character? The wackiness / psychopathic combination worked surprisingly well. Man we were all hyped during that shit.
>>
>>78538066
Thank you so much! The Principal character was a complete accident actually. It wasn't until the 1st comic I drew him that I knew what he was gonna be like.

At first he was going to literally be a copy of the comic version of The Governor from The Walking Dead. I actually was almost done The Principal's first comic when I was talking to my best bud / editor Josef and he was like, "Wait you're copying The Governor?" I was like, "Yeah why?" He said, "I dunno, man... It'd be a missed opportunity to do something really funny." So I frustratedly said, "Okay!"

I was a bit upset that I essentially had to re-draw a big chunk of that comic so I just drew the silliest, stupidest-looking motherfucker I could come up with.

Originally The Principal was gonna talk in dream-like strange nonsense speak, like a David Lynch movie or something. But Josef was like, "Come on, man." And I was like "Okayyy nevermind." And he was right, haha. It was one of those things. I had JUST finished Twin Peaks and absorbed almost all the David Lynch movies so I was super excited and thought it would be "cool" to do something "inspired" by it. It would've just been odd and out of place. So I just made him talk super airy and silly and polite despite the fact that he was a murdering psycho.

I decided to minimize the amount of times he showed up, to have him be this looming threat that everyone was afraid of. I feel this also made his chat with Pasqualo all the more special. Pasqy hadn't physically appeared in the comic since "The Meeting."

I really like the comic where Pasqualo and The Proncipal talk. I feel in some weird fucked up way, they sort of connected for a second.

Anyway yeah I'm really happy with how The Principal turned out :)
>>
>>78538595
Well it worked amazingly - easily one of your best scenes. I think it really managed to capture the character of Pasqualo, and how he's evil / not evil at the same time.

Not to mention, the dichotomy between the Principal's looks, speech, and actions make it all the more creepy. The man could not give less than a fuck. It made the ease of his death all the more poignant, since he wasn't a hellbeast or anything, he was just really fucked up. 10/10 Gob, glad you got Josef to help guide you too
>>
>>78538595
That arc in general was definitely the best shit you've done so far imo. I love the pessimist Peeplops monologue being followed up by Katie announcing her epiphany to Eliza, then Pasq's return ... shit just kept getting better. Then the fucking rap battle hit. Then that flashback arc, now this timeskip stuff. Basically you've had a good run so far, keep it up
>>
>>78538595
You saw Twin Peaks and magically started shitting out gold? That explains everything.

Have you just been really inspired lately? You're on your A game recently, big page updates, you even had a genuinely heartbreaking moment with that intermission.
>>
>>78538965
>>78539383
Oh man thank you guys so much! I am really happy with the recent stuff and I'm super glad you like it so much! :)

And yeah I'm really grateful to have a friend like Josef who actually knows what he's talking about. The man has taught my stupid ass so much about writing these past few years.

Anyway I hope you guys are having a great day!! Take care!! Me love you so much!!! <3333
>>
>>78540050
He really is great. You have an advantage most webcomic artists don't have and that's an editor you trust. Even defecting USSR authors censored by the state felt that having some sort of editor, even a hostile one, made them a better writer.
>>
File: 1446822941823.png (366 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446822941823.png
366 KB, 1920x1080
>>78540050
Yo gob whatever else happens to you stay classy, you have a good comic, the kind of funny shit I wish I could have been reading online back in the keenspot days
>>
File: old trisssh it hurts.png (461 KB, 943x581) Image search: [Google]
old trisssh it hurts.png
461 KB, 943x581
>>78532130
Gob has slowly made Trisssh more and more kawaii. Especially considering she used to look like this early on
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>78540175
Hehehe agreed! ;)

Here's a tiny Ally for you guys. Okay back to work for me! Peas n carrots<3
>>
>>78540500
what the fuck are you doing that only needs one and a quarter amps, Gob
I mean seriously what the fuck uses that little power
>>
>>78538965
I don't think he's evil, I think he's decided that he's evil because of his role in all of this. I don't know if I'd call it survivor's guilt, but he does seem like he thinks something is really wrong with him for being happy after so many people died.
>>
>>78540528
'puters. Not going to pretend I know what the fuck he's doing but you definitely don't want to be pushing out too much for sensitive stuff like that.
>>
>>78540632
Yeah, I guess I'm kinda twisted around due to doing a lot of high-amp low-voltage applications. A typical job for me has an output level of 200A@<15V
>>
>>78540493
Still seems cute to me. Trisssh's been top tier waifu since day 1 bro.

>>78540562
I don't know - while he's definitely not evil like satan or the principal, Pasq is really toeing the line. He declares himself evil, and while still holds onto humanity and morals, he very often does evil shit for his own amusement and gain.

He's sort of Akira tier evil - a normal kid who got an assload of power and basically becomes one of the most important people in the world. It's pretty natural to go a little crazy with it.
>>
File: sssammy.png (525 KB, 953x615) Image search: [Google]
sssammy.png
525 KB, 953x615
>>78540935
Her face looks longer and more womanly back then though. This is what she looks like now
>>
>>78541248
I think that was a stylistic choice on Gob's part. I'm pretty sure she wasn't intended to be part of the main cast, and once he decided that, her looks and age changed to be more congruent with the rest of the main characters.
>>
>>78538595
what's it like to have an editor? how do you even get an editor?
>>
Man, I am loving these timeskip comics. I kinda wish we weren't still in the Everyone Dies chapter, but I guess the shenanigans can't last forever. Looking forward to wherever things end up.
>>
>>78541597
It's incredibly frustrating and I mean that in the most positive way possible.

Josef's role is this: When I finish a comic, I show it to him. If it's meant to be a "funny" comic (most of them are), he won't tell me it's "good to go" unless he finds it funny. It's frustrating because there have been many times I've done something I personally thought was funny and he's been like "nope." Then I pitch gag after gag after gag and nothing will tickle him. Him and I are on almost identical humor wavelengths for one. And he expects the best from me so I try my ass off. It used to be a lot worse before when I didn't understand what an actual "joke" is. He had to teach me that :[ Josef is a professional writer with a degree and stuff. Plus he is well versed in funny stuff. He's a funny person himself. Him and I both fucking love comedy.

Another huge thing he does for me is listen to me ramble on the phone forever about plot ideas. When the ideas are bad he'll let me know. And boy IT HURTS!! (lol?) And I've had so many ideas and jokes shot down but the thing is he explains why and he's patient and constructive. Emphasis on patient because my self-esteem is fragile as a pigeon dick. It's good to get constructive shoot-downs. I get practice at my silly craft and I think I've gotten (a teensy bit) better at writing and I understand a lot more about writing concepts.

I lucked out finding a guy like him. He's my dear friend. I wish I could give instructions on how to find someone so great but in my case it's pure luck.
>>
>>78542475
This process clearly works very well though because I'm pretty sure It Hurts is the only comic I've legit laughed out loud at. Only the best shit makes the cut

The gag with Dad's painting ... just sublime
>>
>>78540234
Wait, where you find this? Is this canon? Are they all gay married now (Pasqualo cause no matter how many girls are in there he's a huge faggot)
>>
>>78545234
It was a patreon thing I think. Although it's totally appropriate and should be canon.
>>
>>78542475
Fuck you Gob!
You gave me faith in webcomics again.
I was nearly free!
>>
>>78540234
>Slithersby
>>
>>78545367
I don't Ally would marry Pasq. The others would, though
>>
>>78546500
Look at her face - she's just along for the ride.
>>
>>78546584
yeah, but who would willingly want to be legally responsible for Pasqualo?
>>
>>78546609
Well I'm assuming they'd just shove everything onto Katie
>>
>>78546729
>Well I'm assuming they'd just shove everything into Katie

fix'd
>>
>>78547819
>implying ally doesn't have more holes
>>
>Trisssh and Katie post time-skip

I AM NOT READY
>>
>>78532130
>and then they all fucked
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.