[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one other cartoon show to come out in the last 10 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: Six_strange_tales.jpg (295 KB, 1000x1463) Image search: [Google]
Six_strange_tales.jpg
295 KB, 1000x1463
Name one other cartoon show to come out in the last 10 years years that:

>Has a narratively driven story with continuity
>Has humor but still doesn't treat its audience like idiots
>Does not pander to a subsection or has an agenda
>Has likable characters who don't phone it in
>Doesn't have a shitty fan base
>>
>>Doesn't have a shitty fan base
I don't know OP, you tell me.
>>
>>78525471
You first
>>
>>78525471
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
>>
>>78525495
>>78525500

Comparatively
>>
>>
ITT: Name cartoons that pander to me
also known as

Your favorite show is bad because it's not my favorite show
>>
>>78525547
Dippers feet
>>
>>78525595

Every show has their autism.
>>
>>78525547
It's the second worst current fanbase behind SU nigga. So comparatively congrats, your show is only second when it comes to attracted awful people.
>>78525545
/thread.
>>
>>78525471
>Does not pander to a subsection
I feel like they're definitely pandering to the people who like deep lore/over-examining cartoons for hidden meanings. It's not exactly a bad thing, but it's there.
This excludes almost every modern show/game/etc. Besides, a show's fan base has LITERALLY no effect on the show itself except for the horse show (which as a result is just meme-ridden garbage).
>>
>>78525471
Well that just excludes literally every popular show with all those things you mentioned.

Anyway, ignoring that stupid part, ATLA
>>
>>78525630
And GF has a lot of it
>>
File: this motherfucking show.jpg (104 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
this motherfucking show.jpg
104 KB, 640x640
>>78525471
>>
>>78525889

How is it?
>>
>>78525471
>Mabel
>likable character
>>
>>78525471
>>Does not pander to a subsection or has an agenda
What is Roadside Attraction?
>>
File: Opening_Avatar_logo.png (98 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Opening_Avatar_logo.png
98 KB, 333x250
>>
File: Price of Power.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Price of Power.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>78525920
A goddamn masterpiece. It's got a fantastic story with great characters, outstanding animation, an incredible OST, and hype as fuck fights. Characters have weight to their words and actions, and they all develop as the series goes on.

Its only flaw is that it was born around the time Disney decided to bury the Tron franchise, so its airtimes were abysmal and it has no merch whatsoever. But it's still very much worth a watch.
>>
>>78526368
Well there's a reason for Tron dying, but why did Motorcity die?
>>
>>78525634
Nah, I'd say Undertale is the number two worst fanbase, with horse as number three.
>>
>>78526954
i actually haven't seen that much stupidity from undertale fags (worst I've run into by chance is the dumb fanart or gender headcanon shit that everything recent gets), but damn is the creator insufferable.
>>
>>78525804
>pandering
You do realize the twin brother thing was planned since day one, right?
>>
>>78526954
Horse is always number one.
Then it's a tossup between SU/Undertale depending on whether you're /co/ or /v/.
and THEN Gravity Falls.
>>
>>78526866
I'm probably talking out of my ass here but I think it had something to do with Disney not knowing what the fuck to air on Disney XD or some shit. Which is a damn shame, you'd think fast cars, loud rock music, and explosive action would be something anyone could market to a child-based audience.
>>
>>78527091
Nope, tween drama it is.

Also I recently lost Nicktoons and Disney XD from my cable package with no notice. Fuck.
>>
>>78527077
SU and GF aren't that big, nigga.
I think you're forgetting there's more popular and obnoxious fanbases out there, like Sonic.
>>
>>78525630
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>78525570
>>78526136
>>
File: I'll go first.gif (2 MB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
I'll go first.gif
2 MB, 444x250
>>78527077
Depends on what you think is more terrible. More recent autism is louder and more obnoxious, but we can hope it dies out or is contained within certain sites.

Horse has infiltrated every major website and even each board. They are much quieter but live among us, sneaking on back to their board to make crossover threads.
>>
>>78527190
SU is decent sized, I see it everywhere.

(South Park has the worst fan base)
>>
File: TCW_S1.png (207 KB, 570x364) Image search: [Google]
TCW_S1.png
207 KB, 570x364
>>78525471
Your mileage may vary on the "doesn't have a shitty fanbase" part, but yeah.
>>
>>78525471
Don't be such a faggot OP. If you want to make an SU hate thread, make an SU hate thread.
>>
File: Fandom02.png (94 KB, 2080x1576) Image search: [Google]
Fandom02.png
94 KB, 2080x1576
>>78527219
He is right though
>>
I don't hate the show by any means, but the only reason I'm at all interested in it is because of Bill. I watched the first few episodes back when it first premiered in 2012 and it didn't hook me then.

After Bill was introduced and I watched all the episodes with him in them, I tried to watch the series from the beginning, but I once again couldn't get more than a few episodes in. I just don't care about anyone other than Bill.

I know that puts me in the extreme minority (at least here on /co/), but I don't mind that.
>>
Futurama
>>
>>78525471
Motorcity and Symbionic Titan
>>
>>78527587
Futurama doesn't have continuity, at least not continuity anyone gives a shit about. Don't get me wrong it's way better than GF but it's not valid in these confines.
Like, I would say BoJack but the characters are all terrible people who aren't likeable
But then again most GF characters aren't likable either so let's go with BoJack Horseman.
>>
>>78525471
Over the Garden Wall
>>
>panders to a subsection
That's just saying
>They did something, and people I don't like like it
Which is nonsense. Pandering means that the creators did it because someone else wanted it, and not that because the creators did, which isn't what /co/ means when they say it.
>has an agenda
No show 'has an agenda'. If you think otherwise you're a major autist.
>>
>>78525630
every person on this blue beautiful world is autistic.
>>
>>78525471

>Does not pander to a subsection or has an agenda

what
>>
>>78527221
better than most, especially the snobs who ignore Korra, they're almost normies
>>
>>78525471
It does pander to people who are into conspiracy stuff.
Like big time
You just proved that wrong.

And to answer your question, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, Archer, Bojack Horseman, Wakfu, Scooby Doo Mystery Inc.

And I am sure I am forgetting some.
>>
>>78527569
It really doesn't do shit for someone if they don't like the characters. I understand how some of them can be annoying occasionally too. Especially towards the end of the series here.
>>
>>78525471
Rick and Morty
>>
>>78533219
Rick and morty pander to those who are into Sci-fi stuff and dark humor.
>>
>>78527438
The cgi show fanbase is pretty good because most people wrote it off because of the cgi and Ahsoka.
>>
>>78525471
>Oh Dipper how DARE you talk to and hit on girls
>Mabel isn't a shitty person she's the bestest most right and pure girl we ever known fuck you unicorns.
>I'm sorry you ended the world because I wanted to follow my dream let me give it up for you.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.