[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie /co/ related? It's animated but its not a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 01ANOMALISA2-facebookJumbo.jpg (87 KB, 1050x550) Image search: [Google]
01ANOMALISA2-facebookJumbo.jpg
87 KB, 1050x550
Is this movie /co/ related? It's animated but its not about talking animals or le DreamWorks face

https://youtu.be/DT6QJaS2a-U
>>
are you retarded?
>>
>>78522160
Rude.
>>
>Is animation /co/ ?
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>78522138
it is
I don't think it's commercially available yet, so most of /co/ won't watch it until quality rips show up on some streaming site
>>
>>78522138
>oh hey, its an animated feature geared for adults
>its one of those romcom introspective stories about nothing
sigh
>>
File: Fantastic_mr_fox.jpg (40 KB, 295x436) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic_mr_fox.jpg
40 KB, 295x436
>>78522138

Why do live-action/artsy directors always choose stop-motion?
>>
>>78522138

that was unsettling and beautiful at the same time.
>>
>>78522399
>I wanted it to have more naughty words, nudity and blood dammit!!
>>
File: man, whatever.jpg (72 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
man, whatever.jpg
72 KB, 800x800
>>78522208
>>
>>78522435
shooting a completely mundane story in this style is as pointless as shooting it in 3D Imax.
Why use a medium if you aren't going to take advantage of it's special qualities?
>>
>>78522208
theres trolling and then theres killing the board.
>>
>>78522444
nah, see my other post. >>78522487
The advantage of animation is that you're not bound by physical limits and can delve into fantastic images, settings, and ideas without being bound by the world of practical effects.
This film is presented in its trailer as a celebration of the ordinary and mundane. Other than pretentiousness, what was gained by using the animated visual style?
>>
>>78522487
Nigga its Charlie Kaufmen. It might seem mundane on the surface but is almost garunteed to have strange and surreal imagery
>>
>>78522487
>>78522580
This is a very good point.

It was done in an attempt to seem artistic but it was honestly just a waste of the creators time. It's like making a character gay just to seem cool
>>
>>78522487
The point of this movie is to emphasize the ordinariness and mundanity of Michael's experiences, and animation makes that stand out more than live action. It also makes it easier for every chatacter other than Michael and Lisa to have the same face and the same voice, you'd have to do a lot of vfx to get that in live action.
>>
>>78522714
Since I haven't seen the movie, I can't really judge, but I see your point.
In animation, you can give each character/place/etc a "sameness" and heavily controlled design ascetic.
If the point is to present how a single character views the world, then the choice of medium is justified.
>>
>eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

Damn it I'm probably going to like it and goddamn it I don't wanna like things!
>>
>>78522138
Robert De Niro's cosmetic surgery looks horrible.
>>
>>78522580
The real question is
if you're just going to model every frame in 3d and then 3d-print them out so your puppets have a new face for every frame, why would you bother with the ludicrously unpleasant medium of stopmotion instead of just 3d animation?
>>
I am really looking forward to this. I deliberately care more about animation than live action, so anything like this is refreshing. Plus it's by a guy who worked on Moral Orel and the guy who directed The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, both of which I really like.
>>
>>78523224
You can do lighting and surfaces and render-intensive things with fewer people with less specialized skills.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.