[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Clarence autistic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1450321044472.jpg (48 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1450321044472.jpg
48 KB, 640x360
Is Clarence autistic?
>>
>>78517837
no
he's clarenthetical
>>
No, he just has an extra chromosome.
>>
I used to like the show, but Clarence isn my least favorite character.

Mainly due to his autism and 5 year old like behavior.
>>
No. He's just hyper exaggerated in his mannerism like Jeff and Sumo for the sake of conflict and jokes

Clarence is the weird kid you knew. But not like in a bad way jut sort of overly friendly and prone to do whatever the fuck he wanted. Now sometimes that kid did end up being autistic but it's not right to say he's based on every retarded kid you knew.
>>
>>78517837
He's just a kid.

Jeff, on the other hand...
>>
File: crank_yankers.jpg (11 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
crank_yankers.jpg
11 KB, 200x250
he's supposed to have down's but cartoon network made them dial it back
>>
>>78517908
So you don't like that the children characters in the show for children act like children?
>>
>>78517837
>twig arms
>puffed cheeks
Enough.
>>
>>78517837
No he's bipolar ;))
>>
File: 1444593572296.gif (657 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1444593572296.gif
657 KB, 300x250
Is Kimby a shitty bowler?
>>
>>78518281
No, she's just autistic.
>>
>>78518023
No, because through out my childhood, children where shady and rude. I only had 3 friends but that's okay, cause everyone had around the same number of friends not including those already in group. I'm not saying we where always diverse from one another, but when it came lunch and recess, you stayed in your own group. Everyone was selfish and spiteful because the only reason you wanted to go to school was to see your friends and do something I guess. Everyone wanted to be adults and tried to act like one, or where those weird kids nobody talked too.

tl;dr the kids aren't fine, kids in my generation where assailed trying to one up each other in anything.
>>
>>78517837

No, he's retarded.

>>78517936

A retarded kid.
>>
>>78518023
More like cartoons with children not acting their age... I expected a lot of infantile behaviors going into the show, but he just goes the full nine yards and does nasty baby stuff like putting his nasty hands and mouth on everything.
>>
>>78517837
No he's just retarded.
>>
>>78517837
He is just that weird kid.

Everyone who says that never did retarded shit as a little kid is a fucking liar. everyone did stuff and saw the world from a completely different perspective than now.

It feels weird just cause kids in cartoons tend to be way more formulaic for the sake of a plot.
>>
>>78517837
Clarence is "that kid"
That kid that did the thing.
>>
>>78519245
>No

Then this show isn't for you.
>>
>>78517837
Clarence is 'that kid', you know the one that after being defeated in a video game or a sport he would say 'This withdraw is part of my plan'.
>>
>>78518006
This sounds like it could be true. Did anyone who works on the show say this?
>>
>>78519245
Maybe you were just the anti-social jerk with only 3 people who could tolerate you. It's easier to blame others from your loneliness anyways. You were that kid.
>>
>>78518023
Clarence is basically the only outlier
if anyone acts stupid or beyond childlike, it's just because they represent the traits that certain children around the writers had to the furthest extent

Clarence however, is just a huge annoying prick
He was pretty interesting in the pilot, but now he's just wacky crazy bullshit
>>
>>78521003
Nobody has ever said that.
That anon was feeding you bad info.
>>
>>78518070
But Clarence is fat. Of course he'd have puffed cheeks.
>>
>>78517837
>he clearly has no problem relating to other people or making friends.

That's almost the opposite of autism.
>>
>>78518281
Kimby is fucking cute
>>
Friendly reminder that Clarence is based of Skyler himself, who has bipolar disorder.
>>
>>78521342
And without him the show sinks
>>
>>78521480
Haven't seen the show in a while but from what I heard he's still writing, just not as big of a part in it anymore.
>>
>>78520730
the kid thattouched the tiddie?
>>
I don't like this show anymore
It used to remind me of childhood but went weird later on and then page was making fun of me on my facebbok posts when I was suicial
>>
>>78517837
Does he stim to self regulate? Does he have textural sensitivity? Do common sounds seem to physically hurt him? Does he have trouble with executive function, ie working out how to start or keeping steps in order? Does he get exhausted from interacting with people? Does he avoid eye contact because it's overstimulating? Does he have flat expressions/voice? Does he have trouble with not obvious humor? Does he like pressure applied to his torso? Does he have special interests that he can happily fixate on for hours and days and will happily tell you everything he knows on the subject? Does he have a tendency towards repeated rituals? Does he have a very selective diet?
>>
He's just oblivious.He doesn't get when people are mad at him or if something is a threat to him.Kinda autistic I guess.But not helmet-tier.
>>
>>78519245
anon why didn't you try to be that kid that tried to get along with everybody? I was that kid.

and now i cringe at every childhood memory i have. If i could go back in time i'd tell myself to sit my ass down and shut up
>>
He was created by a crazed rapist, of course he's autistic

Even the opening theme song is about rape

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY
*Skylar Paige licks his lips as he rips the clothes off a duct-tape bound intern, not caring what she says*
I'M GONNA DO WHAT I WANT ALL DAY
*Skylar Paige does what he wants to the intern's supple ass... all day*
>>
File: 1440098823650.gif (242 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1440098823650.gif
242 KB, 160x160
>>78523369
this is funnier than it has any right to be
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.