[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never checked it out. Is it honestly any good or worth my time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 192x248) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 192x248
Never checked it out. Is it honestly any good or worth my time?
>>
>>78515953
stop it
>>
It's fun as fuck. God tier animated action.
>>
It's alright.

It's a little bit up its own ass in the way Samurai Jack was, but still pretty awesome.
>>
its honestly pretty fun to watch
>>
>>78515953
>worth my time?
It's not canon, so no.
>>
Not canon.
>>
>>78515953
It's basically Samurai Jack's fight scenes reskinned with Star Wars characters.

The artstyle is atrocious and it's a glorified commercial, but it's a somewhat entertaining glorified commercial. The big backlash against it comes in the form of Genndy fans who like it simply because it's Genndy and work to shit on other Star Wars shows just because they're not Genndy.

For a long time, they tried to make up shit about how Lucas was jealous of how much better the show was than Clone Wars, so he forced the CN to shut down Sym-Bionic Titan. Thankfully, viewer numbers shut that shit up.

Watch it if you want. It's genuinely fun at times, but don't expect engaging storylines or anything like that. It lacks the story of Samurai Jack or Sym-Bionic Titan. Genndy made it strictly for the money and it shows.

Don't let the toxicity of the fans ruin it for you.
>>
>>78516091
>The artstyle is atrocious
opinions man
Art style is whatever you like but to say to others that it is awful is telling them what they will like before they can make their own opinion on it

You dirty ass hat
>>
>>78515953

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
>>
>>78516091
This more or less, it's a glorified tv commercial but it's fun. You should watch it OP, it's not that long anyways.
>>
It has some of the best action sequences. When it's not focusing on that, it kind of drags.
>>
>>78516187
It's not true that Lucas was jealous of Genndy, but he probably should have been. This Grievous was a lot cooler than the ROTS one.
>>
>>78516060
I know this is a meme, but for the sake of discussion did they ever directly retcon or contradict any of it?
>>
>>78516246
Only because he could hold his own, besides die what did he even do in the movies?
>>
>>78516249
Disney said it's not canon anymore.
>>
I don't know why it couldn't be canon. They could have had it it coincide with the CGI Clone Wars since nothing really contradicts the other. I thought it was pretty good and helped to bridge the gap between the Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith.

ARC Troopers coming in to save the Jedi from Grievous is still the best thing ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRLyJ2g3d0M
>>
>>78516249
Only minor bits here and there. The CG show retconned it so Grievous always had the breathing troubles, the death of Ventress was retconned into something else, Durge is non-existent, Anakin is a knight at the beginning of the War rather than being elevated in the middle, Dooku's role is slightly different, etc. To my knowledge, it's all fairly minor stuff.

>>78516307 is right, though. Disney explicitly excluded the Genndy series from canon.
>>
>implying your time is valuable
>>
>>78516249
>>78516359

Leland Chee said it's not, and he'd know

>>78516364
The CG show correctly followed the character notes Genddy was sent and didn't bother to read about Grievous being a cyborg, like Vader, but less advanced and not properly integrated.

>>78516364
It was excluded as far back as 2008 when the new show began. Disney didn't buy LF until 2012.
>>
>>78516462
When the original show began, comments were made about how they were trying to respect it and all that. Making it non-canonical didn't happen until later.
>>
>>78516271
Kidnapped the chancellor, nearly killed two powerful Jedi on-screen several times, successfully orchestrated a war his master never intended for him to be able to win.

>>78516165
It's just the same shitty flash animation he uses for everything.

>>78516187
See? Look at this shit. You can see the auto-tweening. It's eye-bleed bad, and that's before you get into the fact that Grievous is made to look badass by killing... Shaggy out of Scooby-Doo. The stoner kid, remember him? The one who doesn't even know how to hold down a steady job and just bums around in the back of his trust-fund buddy's van with a couple of chicks who like the knot.
>>
>>78516478
To be fair the CG show seems less-canon than the 2D one.
>>Darth Maul is alive because we said so!
>>
>>78516359
CG show actually takes place during that montage after Anakin gets knighted.

First half of the show is like the first few months of the war and then you got the very end.

>>78516364
Ventress always survived her fall from the Yavin temple.
>>
>>78516505
It's just a small wink to audience, you massive sperglord, you're not meant to take it seriously.
>>
>>78516505
I honestly can't tell if you're genuine. I miss the old days where laughable outbursts were uncommon and trolling was obvious.
>>
>>78516530
So it could be canon?
>>
>>78517085
It's been declared non-canonical.

However, much like most of the pre-ROTJ EU, nothing's really contradicted it yet.
>>
>>78517189

I doubt anything will ever contradict it. All it does is fill in some tiny gaps between scenes in Episode 2 with more over-the-top action scenes.
>>
File: genndy clonewars.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
genndy clonewars.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Worth watching just for the last half hour or so
>>
>>78516505
That's not Shaggy, dumbass, that's Sha'Gi
Totally different.
>>
>>78517085

It should be. It's a shame Lucasfilm felt it necessary to support only one of the two series, since they generally work well together. I like how they provide two different, but complimentary, outlooks on the Clone Troopers. Genndy Wars is all stone-cold badassery, Filoni Wars makes them real people. I wouldn't want one without the other.
>>
>>78515953
Yes. It's only 2 hours or so in total so you're not wasting much time either.
>>
>>78515953
It's stupid how overpowered they made the jedi in this.
>>
>>78519662
>I hate fun
>>
its pretty fun
>>
File: templar left conflux solo.webm (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
templar left conflux solo.webm
1 MB, 600x338
>>78519796
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.