[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Comics Looking To Relaunch – And Retitle – A Bunch More
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 600x923
>Since the New 52 relaunch of September 2011, DC Comics have cancelled and launched a number of books. But some have been the same book relaunched under a very similar title.

>That was the fate of Suicide Squad to New Suicide Squad, Teen Titans to New Teen Titans, Red Hood And The Outlaws to Red Hood And Arsenal, Constantine to Constantine The Hellblazer, Earth 2 to Earth 2: Society and Justice League 3000 to Justice League 3001.

>I am told to expect, after the fifty-second issue of the remaining big books in May, to see a number of titles undergo a relaunch and retitle. Possibly with new creative teams, possibly not. But it’s an easy way to get the benefit of an issue 1 bump, and maybe a way to refocus and advertise the appeal of a comic with a new title.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/29/dc-comics-looking-to-relaunch-and-retitle-a-bunch-more-comics-in-2016/

What books would you like to see new teams on /co/? What do you think will be relaunched? Will any of it do any good? Is there an event coming up?
>>
>>78513269
Just nuke Earth-2 and bring Power Girl, Jay and Alan over to Earth-1

Has DC not yet learned that nobody gives a shit about that universe
>>
> to see a number of titles undergo a relaunch

What are they fucking Marvel renumbering & relaunching every 6 months?
>>
>>78513295
It sells, Frost. More so than most of the DCYou line-up. Normies keep buying this shit. I'm sorry...
>>
>>78513295
I'd like them to bring Huntress over to Earth 1 too. Hopefully they can fix that awful scar on her face as well.
>>
>>78513328
Well they relaunched what like, four books in June? That's not Marvel tier yet
>>
>>78513269
Put Snyder on Constantine

Reboot the Teen Titans, fucking all of it. new members, new villains, don't mention the last two runs.

get Venditti away from GL and Flash

give Giffen another book!

more Manapul!
>>
>>78513328
>What are they fucking Marvel renumbering & relaunching every 6 months?

Because DCYou failed.
>>
>>78513349
>It sells,
Bullshit. At the rate that Earth 2 has been shedding readers, it will be under 20k by the next reported issue. I'm not gong to look up other DCYou titles, but Earth 2 is failing.
>>
For fucks sake
>>
>>78513464
>Reboot the Teen Titans, fucking all of it. new members, new villains, don't mention the last two runs.

Might as well rename it Young Justice then.
>>
>>78513505
by that logic, Marvel's numbers must be abysmal across the board!
>>
>>78513584
I wouldn't mind that at all. The book could stand to be a bit more lighthearted
>>
>>78513269
I'm pretty sure that Teen Titans getting relaunched.
>>
>>78513548
It's been dropping but it was one of the higher DCYOU debuts and it still outsells almost all of DC's actual good books

I don't even have it in me to be even a little enthusiastic for Abnett
>>
>>78513663
Didn't they just announce the new team with Pak? Are they going to replace him with Lobdell?
>>
>>78513584
In a perfect world we would have a Young Justice comic and a Teen Titans comic.Young Justice would be more comedic and Teen Titans would be slightly more serious.Its a sad thing when the Teen Titans Go comic and Teen Titans Earth 1 are better than the main series.
>>
Poor DC, they deserved better
>>
just put someone else on GL, venditti has been okay the last few issues but he's still boring and he's been on it for too long
>>
>>78513743
Pak is replacing Lobdell but seems to be keeping the team and concepts Lobdell came up with.I'm hoping that if the book gets relaunched Pak or whoever writes creates their own team and ignores what Lobdell did.
>>
>>78513752
DC made Young Justice into the Teen Titans, and it destroyed both franchises in comics.
>>
>>78513269

Eh, I wouldn't mind a relaunch at #52 if it meant new creative teams. Then again, I am a DC fag so I'm more lenient toward them.

>>78513328

DC has a bunch of comics with double digits, even some beyond #12. As long as it doesn't become a yearly tradition, I think it's somewhat acceptable.
>>
File: WHY.png (3 KB, 185x149) Image search: [Google]
WHY.png
3 KB, 185x149
>>78513794
>keeping the team and concepts Lobdell came up with
>>
Bring back the legion pls, especially the series.
>>
>>78513269
The only thing I ask is put Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo on Harley. Palmiotti and Conner can still writer Harley's spin-off titles
>>
>>78513844
It's more like the team/concepts the current editors liked. The current TT is heavily run by editorial, mostly the bad ones who were involved with WE.
>>
why don't they just do a batgirl style relaunch by keeping the numbering and renumbering the trades
>>
>>78513584
Young justice sucks its like they're. Trying too hard to pander to the YA twilight and tumblr audience, too much tween relationship not enough intelligent substance.

Very marvel degeneracy tier
>>
Buried the lede OP

>after the fifty-second issue of the remaining big books in May

This means that they are indeed planning something fun for issues #52. I'm hype.
>>
>>78513584
Young Justice with Damien, M'gann, Emiko, Billy, Wally, Rachel
>>
>>78513991
I would read that.
>>
>>78513328
They have like 5+ DCYou ongoings selling about 15k or less and more selling at cancellation level.

They're definitely going to be cancelling at least 5 books in one go this summer once they reach 12 issues.
>>
>>78513936
Another cunt who doesn't read comics I see.
>>
>>78513926
Because most characters are not popular enough to get that type of hype without a fresh #1. Not renumbering with the tonal change pretty much killed Catwoman since no one knew the new run was good.

>>78513936
No one's talking about the cartoon
>>
>>78513584
In a perfect world there would be a Teen Titans title and a Young Justice title.

That way TT could continue to suck and be NTT rehashes whereas we might get a good teen title out of YJ.
>>
>>78513269
>get the benefit of an issue 1 bump
What marvel has been every 6 month with ultra all new all different marvel now EX2 plus alpha deluxe GOTY arcarde version v4.1
>>
>>78514021
Billy is the public "Leader" but it's secretly controlled by Bruce.
>>
But they are relaunching the #52 titles or not?

Also, I won't be surprised if they still keep the Finches on WW
>>
>>78513957
People have been speculating they have been wanting to do some makeovers around ~50. Hopefully they find a better team to write WW that isn't Finch or Tomasi, but given the current stuff that doesn't seem likely.
>>
>>78513269
Keep Tim Seeley on Suicide Squad when it relaunches before the movie. I'm sure his run will be good.

Will have to wait and see how Greg Pak's Teen Titans run will be. They'll probably also make a sequel to Titan's Hunt. As long as Lobdell isn't involved, there may be a future.

Don't know what they can do to Hellblazer, that book isn't bad at the moment, but is still selling bad, maybe do a crossover?

Cancel JL 3001, that book isn't selling and is getting less hype on /co/ each storytime.

Make Superman family titles run independantly for a while. Let us see Yang and Pak do their own thing again.

Bat family titles are still good and selling well so nothing to fix there.

Earth 2 still sells well, no clue what can be done to fix the book. Maybe try another crossover with Earth 0 or something.

That's all I got.
>>
>>78513936
Even if what you are saying about Young Justice(not sure if you are talking about the comic or the cartoon)was true,the stuff you described is much better than what is going on in the current Teen Titans comic.
>>
>>78513269
>bleedingcool
>500 replies
never change, /co/
>>
green arrow and catwoman will get a relaunch
maybe gotham academy since it's still alive
dr fate, midnighter, secret six and probably MM will get the axe
>>
>>78514106
I don't know if Snyder would be good for her storywise but she deserves a run by a big name. I say give it a shot.

>>78514128
No one likes BC but it's fun to speculate. Just don't be retarded and click the link.
>>
>>78514063
I would prefer we never got another NTT rehash ever again .The only thing Lobdell did right was trying to be original but unfortunately he failed at that.
>>
Teen Titans, Earth 2, Catwoman, Suicide Squad, and Green Arrow are prime targets for relaunches.

That and some DCYou books like Omega Men and Midnighter by retooling them. Like Midnighter into a Stormwatch book or bringing King and Omega Men into a Green Lantern book.
>>
>>78514105
It's not really going to make much of a difference. The editors are in the drivers seat and we have a bunch of idiots there. So if you liked the direction of TT/E2/World's End, you might get something out of it. Otherwise the creator change will not change the overall direction.
>>
>>78514176
Omega Men is going to be cancelled mate. The numbers for that book are horrible.

This is for November of 2016.

>Omega Men 9,709
>>
>>78513936
We're talking about the comic not the cartoon
>>
>>78514267
Yeah, but if King helms GL, he could build in the Omegas some how. Although who knows, maybe they'll all be dead by the end.
>>
>>78514267
If Prez can get a relaunch, it can! I still have hope. ;_;
>>
>>78514651
The second half is supposedly still coming, but closer to the election
>>
>>78513269
>Is there an event coming up?
Well duh

DC has to do something to defend themselves from Civil War II. I think they learned from not having a real hyped event when Marvel had their hyped event going on.
>>
>>78514651
don't hope if DC had it's way it was already dead by #7
>>
>>78514687
It's Didio's fave new book. That's why he and the creative team are promising the second half.
>>
>>78513295
fuck that, reboot Earth 2, fix the characters, and put someone like Tim Seeley or King, or BQM on it.
>>
>>78513349
low bar man, DCyou sells are pitiful.
>>
>>78514681
>I think they learned from not having a real hyped event when Marvel had their hyped event going on.

I don't agree. They didn't have a chance of cobbling together an event when they had to move their HQ and were working with people who weren't DC staffers. They should have avoided Convergence and launched an event for DCYou after the move.
>>
This really was kind of a gimmie though. The changes like Abnett on E2S and Pak on Teen Titans screamed "we're just on the book to tie up loose ends to transition to the next version."
>>
>>78514827
Does that mean the same for Abnett on Aquaman? I was looking forward to him on the book.
>>
>>78514923
I would label him more as a fill-in. I don't see that book needing to end but they need to publish something before the next run is ready. Though isn't Johns coming on soon anyway or is his story just going to be a JL arc?
>>
>>78513588
For the most part they are, they just mask it under constant relaunches and events. Once people learn not to give a shit about those Marvel is fucked.
>>
>>78513909
There is little point in changing writers if the same failures are staying on as editors.
>>
>>78513464
Get Tom Taylor back by giving him one of Superman books and letting him do whatever he wants.

Put Snyder and Capullo on WW for a year. Let Johns take that year to write six scripts for Wondy. By the time the dynamic Duo are through put Johns and Jim Lee on WW.

Give Tom King the Green Lantern's to do with what he wants.

Reboot Earth 2, and launch a Captain Marvel book written by Parker.

Give Batman to Azzerallo. Make Cass nightwing, Tam Fox Batwing, and Steph spoiler the new birds of prey from newly wheelchair bound harper row. Have Amanda Conner take over this book with someone who draws cute women.

Launch a Supergirl series by Jeff Lemire, with artwork by Guedes.
>>
>>78514975
This is close to the truth, the Marvel #2s dropped exactly to where the books were before the #1s. It's not even a temporary sales boost for the overall series, just that one #1 issue does well.
>>
>>78515002
>Get Tom Taylor back by giving him one of Superman books and letting him do whatever he wants.

They already did this, he's on Batman/Superman now

>Cass nightwing, Tam Fox Batwing

"no"
>>
>>78514975
It's already started for some books actually.

Spider Gwen didn't settle before relaunching so the numbers for #2 of the relaunched volume is lower than #5 of the previous volume.
>>
>Bleeding cool
>>
File: 1449806777589.png (40 KB, 400x422) Image search: [Google]
1449806777589.png
40 KB, 400x422
>>78513269
>#1 relaunching
Fuck Marvel. Big 2 comics collapse in 5 years or less as this gets worse and worse
>>
>>78514971
Johns has said he is going to do the Seven Seas Arc, but that doesn't necessarily mean him returning to Aquaman.

>>78514979
Right the bigger problem is this guys has control of Wonder Woman, Titans and Earth 2 Society. The books that people have targeted for writer turnover in this thread. So it seems seriously is becoming a problem on multiple books.
>>
>>78514923
he's probably a fill-in till johns
I mean they have 2 bad artists on it for the 2 issues solicitations
>>
>>78513269
>Possibly with new creative teams, possibly not. But it’s an easy way to get the benefit of an issue 1 bump,

Whatever you gotta do I guess

They should just relaunch after every issue and the series would sell well consistently
>>
>>78515002
>Launch a Supergirl series by Jeff Lemire, with artwork by Guedes.

Exclusive to Marvel after they snatched up Sorrentino and he walked off Green Arrow.
>>
>>78515251
Is he actually Marvel exclusive? I never saw an announcement
>>
>>78515286
Yes.

Teen Titans Earth One vol 2 is the last thing from him DC will publish for a while since he started that before going exclusive.
>>
>>78515298
I'm kind of glad Teen Titans Earth One is getting another volume,the first one was decent.
>>
>>78515298
That's a shame
>>
>>78513682
>It's been dropping but it was one of the higher DCYOU debuts and it still outsells almost all of DC's actual good books

That's not saying much. A lot of decent books historically got outsold by crap. What you say would mean something if Society was selling as well as Harley Quinn or Batman or even Justice League, but last I checked it's getting outsold by even Jurgens' Superman: Lois and Clark.
>>
Tom Taylor on Harley Quinn
Seeley/King on Dickbats
Snyder/Capullo on Batman/Wonder Woman Deal with post-Superman/Wonder Woman breakup, Bruce relearning how to be Batman, belligerent sexual tension
>>
>>78516315
Why would you want Taylor on a shitty character like Harley?
>>
>>78516514
Cause he would improve the character
>>
>>78516537
>>78516315
Taylor is so overrated. He wasn't able to make good Star Wars comics.
>>
>>78513295
Power Girl is fucked beyond repair at this point. She wasn't this bad even in the 90s when she was retconned to hell and back and also gave birth to a wizard.
>>
>>78513584
Yeah but Teen Titans has WAY more brand recognition than Young justice, so DC will opt for that even if the comics are otherwise identical.
>>
>>78513862
This is the problem with DC, have some much shit to use and so few capable writers.

They should stick with a few books, consolidate them and little be little keep adding things. Like what Marvel do with the original Ultimate Universe.
>>
>>78516679
She's hardly more fucked than Barda and it only took one issue to fix that.
>>
Will we ever be free of this godawful new52 universe?
>>
>>78516537
She is past stage four cancer at this point. She's selling beyond expectations anyway.
>>
>>78516757
Marvel fan here. You DC are still doing much better than us, qualitywise.
>Kate Leth's Hellcat
WHY
>>
>>78513269
>Justice League 3000 to Justice League 3001.

HAhahaha is this shit serious?

They should just relaunch it at every issue then, and have Justice League 3002 #1, Justice League 3003 #1, Justice League 3004 #1, and so on. Make every comic a issue #1.
>>
>>78516757
Buy Lois and Clark then, show that you love the old universe
>>
>>78514116
>Cancel JL 3001, that book isn't selling and is getting less hype on /co/ each storytime.
Last issue storytime got plenty of "WOMYNS IN MY COMICS" replies
>>
>>78516789
Everyone keeps making this argument and it's retarded. No one's claiming that every title pre-new52 or that anything set in that universe would be good. They want the characters that they follow and like to return to the status quo they had in 2011.
You're basically saying "oh you loved Flash when he was Wally and not Barry? Then clearly you should buy a Superman Comic from the same universe."
>>
>>78516949
He's saying "Buy Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, so that Interplay sees you love the universe and allows Van Buren to happen"

Meaning he is an idiot
>>
>>78513834
>I wouldn't mind a relaunch at #52 if it meant new creative teams.
I'm not a fan of constant relaunches. But this is the onyl time I'd be okay with them.
>>
>>78513464
>>more Manapul!
Not happening. After a couple more (already decided non-ongoing) projects he's leaving DC for independant work.
>>
>>78513269
>What books would you like to see new teams on /co/?
All of them with Tom King writing. Only decent writer left at the big two. Ellis and Morrison don't count
>>
>>78513936
>thread about comics
>starts talking about adaptation in different media
The worst kind of cancer
>>
>>78513269
I want Batgirl to get relaunched into Batgirl Inc (or whatever it will be called) with Valentine taking over writing duties.

The first part seems plausible based on issue #50, but the latter will only happen in my dreams.
>>
>>78517167
Johns.
>>
>>78513834
>>78517145
What's the point of a relaunch?
Would it not be better to clear up the bad books and replace them with better ones, with better creative teams.
>>
>>78514116
>Make Superman family titles run independantly for a while.
This. I've pretty much dropped all Superman titles because I'm finding the current story to be incredibly boring. The first few issues by Pak were decent but after that not so much.
>>
>>78516753
It also only took one issue to rescue Mr. Terrific too
>>
>>78514687
>implying Didio would just kill off one of his niche titles
Did you not see how long Jonah Hex/All-Star Western went on far?
>>
>>78517300
did you miss where they actually canceled omega men but uncanceled it because they promised 12 issues
>>
>>78516514
Taylor's Injustice Harley is the best one we've had in years.
>>
>>78517221
Sorry should have said good not decent.
>>
>>78516780
JL3001 is/was a comedic title, the renaming is partially a gag.
>>
>>78517245

DC has rotated titles quite a few times since the reboot. Maybe they just want to give everyone another point to jump on from, or maybe it's the #1 money they want. Either way, it probably won't be as blatant as Marvel. Also, it kind of helps since there are two big DC movies coming out next year.
>>
>>78517326
Doesn't matter. It's not a book Didio loves. I'm talking about those books. He'll keep them going as long as he can.
>>
>>78516537
She already sells more than 90% of DC's books, anon. Hell, she sells more than most female superheroes
>b-b-b-b-but muh waypool!!!!
No one cares that you and the tens of people on /co/ don't like her, anon. She sells big for DC. They don't want to mess her up by getting rid of the writer that made her popular with thousads of people just to make one guy on 4chan happy.
>>
>>78517409
like infinity man?
>>
>>78517422
>Hell, she sells more than all female superheroes

FTFY. Pretty sure she sells more than Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel put together.
>>
File: 14.png (63 KB, 426x186) Image search: [Google]
14.png
63 KB, 426x186
>>78517167
>Ellis
>>
>>78513269
>All this relaunching
Why must comic companies be so fucking retarded.
>>
>>78517429
That's his own book, he doesn't keep his own books going as long as possible. And You obviously don't know how Didio works so I won't be bothering to reply to you again.
>>
>>78513464
Yes please! We have done our time, we deserve to be free of Venditti and Tan on GL front! What kind of dirt does he have on DC high-ups to keep GL hostage for 30+ issues?!
>>
>>78513464
>new members, new villains
We already had that.
>>
>>78517664
It boosts sales.
>>
>>78517684
I'm a Halfag and I'm mostly okay with Venditti,
>>
>>78517794
Hal is very pretty when he is suffering, but he deserves to have an actual victory every now and then, too. Venditti's run has been constant kicks to the nuts.
>>
>>78516715
the writers aren't the problem. it's the fact they have a ton of terrible editors who enable the worst tendencies of their writers. if it was the 90s dc editors or even vertgio guys, they could turn the ship around. instead it's wizard employees.
>>
>>78513269
Reboots rather instil more fear of continuation and canon among casual readers who want to get into comics. The big two just send a message that continuity is some sort of boogeyman, and it is impossible to start reading from an issue numbered #55, even if it's the beginning of a writer's new run.
>>
>>78517794
I've been more okay with him after issue 30 or so but I still wouldn't mind him leaving soon
>>
>>78517794
The art is way worse than Vendetti's writing.

If they put a good artist on it, I'd even call the current arc pretty good.
>>
>>78514701
He better not be lying, or someone might go JFK on his ass.

>Yet another broken campaign promise
>>
>>78517028
>van burden/ new Vegas was the best fallout but shittaste redditors love 3 and 4 more
>Wally was the best flash but redditors- you know the rest

It's like poetry. It rhymes.
>>
>>78518233
Tan? The entire downside of DC's strategy of trying to knock top artists out of Marvel's orbit (like Hitch and Finch) regardless of their artistic merits by promising them everything including a-list books and even writing work. Not that there is an upside to this (unless you like Meredith Finch on WW and Tony Daniel on Hawkman and Detective Comics).
>>
>>78518233
GL is the only book where I look forward to fill in art
>>
>>78518644
>redditors meme

Your points aren't even true.
>>
Full marvel
>>
>>78517714
Not always.
And the sales boost is beginning to lower.
>>
>>78515002
>Make Cass nightwing, Tam Fox Batwing,
That is terrible. You are terrible.
>>
>>78513464
You leave Constantine alone
>>
>>78513269
If they already get rid of PakTitans I'm going to be pissed. His first issue hasn't even released yet
>>
File: 1450796941674.jpg (59 KB, 267x336) Image search: [Google]
1450796941674.jpg
59 KB, 267x336
>>78516315
>Snyder on Batman/Wonder Woman with romantic tension
>>
>>78519090
Aren't a bunch of Marvel's relaunches launching lower than the last few issues of the previous volumes? And having like 70% drops from issue 1 to 2?

I can see DC relaunching some books and then all of them do bad because people are burned out from Marvel's relaunches AND Marvel will have an event or two going by the time DC's relaunches start

They'll need to have some good hooks to get people to want to pick them up
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.