[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people think about this show? I think it's okay at best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: f-is-for-family.jpg (113 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
f-is-for-family.jpg
113 KB, 612x380
What do people think about this show?

I think it's okay at best
>>
>>78505840
i thought it was bretty gud
>>
>>78505840
What the fuck am I looking at?

King of the Family Guy?
>>
>>78505840
Continuity really saved it. First episode didn't wow me, but once I saw there was an overarching plot and at least a semblance of character development I was sold. Still not great, but I'll check out the second season if it gets one for sure.
>>
>>78506412
Its called F is for Family. Its on netflix.
>>
It's okay but it's no BoJack Horseman.
>>
File: Bill_in_his_undies.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bill_in_his_undies.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>>78505840
Watching the Halloween episode now, mostly because of pic related.
>>
>>78507133
Never change /co/
>>
I thought it was good but something missing/too generic to be really good. Maybe if it continues and finds the right mix. I'm definite going to watch more as it comes out.
>>
I loved it, but probably because its so damn relatable
>>
Oh good I didn't miss the Netflix shill thread. I've been following them on /tv/ and /co/. Thanks for submitting my comment and having Bill mention me on the podcast last week. I feel famous now <3
>>
>>78507133
We saw the dad's balls......can we dream of a day these undies come off?
>>
>>78505840
first 3 episodes are horrible, last two are okay I guess
>>
>>78505840
Watched it all at once Saturday. It was alright but I started to enjoy it somewhere between the 5th or 6th episode. They seriously need to calm his ass down, I know he hates his life and stuff but he doesnt need to go on a cursing spree over every lil thing and some are things most people wouldnt even be mad at to begin with.
>>
>>78510240

>I think it's okay at best
>thought it was good but something missing/too generic to be really good
>What the fuck am I looking at? King of the Family Guy?

>shill
>>
>>78510404
One of the writers has been posting with regularity on a number of sites and they all use the same "nonplussed" tactic to garner honest feedback. On 4chan he uses a slightly more negative tone to spur discussion, such that there is.
>>
>>78505840
I actually really enjoyed it though I feel that is because I enjoyed the humorous take on the time it that was depicted.

I also feel that it might not resonate well with a lot of people here because it was a little before them, to close to be interesting. But if it goes the way its going it could be a really enjoyable series for a couple of seasons. As long as it doesn't last too long it could be a really interesting cartoon for a different audience for some time.
>>
I legit liked it a whole lot.

Might even check out some Burr stuff, too.
>>
>>78506412
That's what it's trying to be, anyway.
>>
Relies too much on vulgarity and uncomfortable/shitty situations in an attempt to be funny
I only really laughed at 3 or 4 jokes, the rest is painfully uncomfortable
Also I can't physically watch it because the animation is so awful. They couldnt even be bothered to be consistent with some of the shot transitions or do inbetweens for the mouths
Bojack Horseman had better artistic direction than this, considering the art director for that show actually is an artist and not a hack fraud recycling the family guy/simpsons template
>>
>>78511809
You didn't watch it, did you.
>>
File: everyone.gif (925 KB, 400x192) Image search: [Google]
everyone.gif
925 KB, 400x192
>>78510404
Don't you know, Anon? Anyone that praises anything even slightly is a shill.
>>
I really liked it.
>>
>>78510371
You have to realize this show is taking place in 1973. A time when horrible political correctness existed. People during that time still used the word retarded a lot to describe people who were autistic or had down syndrome.
>>
>>78511809
That's hardly fair. Have you watched the show?
>>
>>78512464
When did people stop using retard to describe autists or people with downs syndrome?
It's mostly edgy kids, but still.
>>
>>78512464
It's actually nowadays that horrible political correctness exists. Back in those days everything was fine.
>>
I want to smash the daughters teeth in
>>
>>78512941
That's probably what he meant to say.
>>
For some reason I find the mom ungodly attractive. Like I jerked off to her at least 4 times watching this show. Them hips man.
>>
>>78512982
I wanna smash the daughter alright[/spoiler]
>>
Came in expecting to see failed Family Guy clone #37. Was actually surprised that I enjoyed it. Kinda miffed there's only 6 episodes but it's not one of those shows that absorbs you.

Also Bill is a qt
>>
>>78513182
well that too, but goddamn she needs a beating
>>
Glad they managed to find a daughter archetype that isn't just know-it-all brat. Also I swore I heard some EEnE voices in there somewhere.
>>
>>78510371
it's based on Bill Burr's father who apparently lost his shit over every little thing.
>>
>>78513198
ooooh yaaa, a good beating.
>>
>>78507133

Hnng
>>
File: david-koresh.png (51 KB, 280x390) Image search: [Google]
david-koresh.png
51 KB, 280x390
Is it just me or does Frank look like David Koresh?
>>
>>78505840
When did Garth Marenghi get a sitcom?
>>
It's OK.
Whoever that oiled-up dude's name is' girlfriend is hot. I wish the art was better.
>>
>>78505840
6/10

One of those cases when tragedy scenes were way better than the comedy ones. I will watch the second season.
>>
I like it, saw myself in a lot of scenes.

> Maureen wants to dress up in boy costumes because girl costumes are lame
> Kevin wants to be a better son, but his parents keep fucking it up
>>
I cannot decide if I like it or mildly hate it. Overall mediocre with some zingers. One day it will disappear an nobody will really care.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/f-is-for-family-episode-1-the-bleedin-in-sweden
>>
>>78515637
>http://www.watchcartoononline.com/f-is-for-family-episode-1-the-bleedin-in-sweden
Why not just get netflix?
>>
>>78515868
Not everybody uses Netflix also isn't the black fat guy voiced by guy who voiced black fat sheriff in gravity falls ?
>>
File: kmr.jpg (41 KB, 450x554) Image search: [Google]
kmr.jpg
41 KB, 450x554
>>78516325
Kevin Michael Richardson. He's one of those voice actors that's in fucking everything.
>>
>>78516772
A cool thanks
>>
>>78516772
Aww shit, I didn't know the sheriff was Sarevok
>>
>>78506450
You mean because it's "F" is for Family and not Bojack Horseman?
>>
File: wtf did I just see.png (828 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
wtf did I just see.png
828 KB, 1366x768
Not completely terrible, filled a few hours inbetween Bojack's seasons

Bill and Maureen were the best characters
>>
>>78517670
Bill seams the least fucked up . I dislike the mother , such a 1 dimensional character :p has never anything good to say or do
>>
>>78505840
For some reason this show makes me feel nostalgic for an era that I never experienced...
>>
It's good but it's better as a tragic spice of life then a comedy. By far the most relatable dysfunctional family sitcom, but not a particularly funny one.
>>
>>78517670
Why is Chie in this show?
>>
>>78506450
It's no Cassablanca
>>
>>78523894
MODS
>>
I watched it with a friend. I got a couple chuckles out of us but there weren't any moments where we were really laughing. It was alright.
>>
>>78512752
>>
>>78514422
Didn't you notice he had two girlfriends? A blond and a red?
>>
>>78505840
I like it. Mostly because it's a much more realistic idea of how a family behaves towards each other than a lot of other sitcoms.

>Dad is angry a lot because he forewent his dream to take care of his family

Just like my dad.

>Mom doesn't want to stay at home all the time and wants her own job.

Sort of like mine, except because I was born in 87 both of my parents had to work to make ends meet, even with my dad owning his own business.

>Kids fight regularly.

Double fucking check.

>Sister is a piece of shit to siblings because parents let her get away with it.

Triple check.

>Kids do stupid shit and break expensive things because they have no idea what they are doing.

Yep.
>>
>>78510371
>some are things most people wouldnt even be mad at to begin with.

Was your dad a secretary or day care worker?

Because my dad got pissed about stupid shit all the time.

>Be me.
>Be Christmas break from elementary school.
>Grandma got me GI Joe HQ and bunch of stuff for Christmas.
>Dad gets mad about something.
>Throws it at me down the hall way and smashes it against the wall.

>Still elementary school.
>Dad gets mad because a tub of Lego was left out in the den.
>Kicks tub across the house into the dining room.
>Tells me to clean it up before he will take me to school.

>Gets off work, gets mad about something probably dumb.
>Was already sitting on couch with feet up on the coffee table.
>Smashes the coffee table.

>Gets mad about something.
>Punches hole through bedroom door.

He calmed down about 1000% after I got into high school and even more after I enlisted.
>>
>>78512941
The commercial for the airline was great.
>do you have any idea how offensive that is?
>that they can afford such a fancy commercial while the union gets shit?
>>
>>78505840
Wow, the Angry Video Game Nerd got fat.
>>
>>78506412
Holy fuck it really feels like what if KOTH and Family Guy had a baby
>>
>>78511809

anon wants to be put THROUGH A FUCKING WALL
>>
>>78506412
I saw the same fucking thing lol. Hank Griffin all day sitting in that chair.
>>
>>78531411
I legitimately laughed when the native american caricature got scared when the flight attendant offered him a blanket.
>>
>>78510532

What is it like, to live so paranoid?
>>
>tfw no rule34 of the mom
Am I the only one who thought she was hot in a 70s milf way
>>
It never hits as hard or makes me laugh as much R&M and BH but no scene feels forced unlike those shows
>>
>>78532833
That's amazing. I only found out the show existed because a friend of mine made Bill shota. There's got to be something with the mom.
>>
>>78532833
after she had sex with the dad and we saw her in her gown, but besides that, not really
>>
>>78517670
>Maureen
Get the fuck out of here you cum guzzling road rhino
>>
It was ok. I only watched it for Bill though.

I wish they would have done more with the german guy though. And Vic should have joined them for christmas.
>>
>>78512464
Anon, people with downs and extreme autism ARE retarded
>>
>>78521328
Kinda like vaporwave
>>
My only complaint is that if you did a find and replace function on the the script to replace the words "God", "Jesus" and "Christ" with blank text, the episodes would barely have a 10 minute runtime. Over thd top swearing is funny. Blurting out every possible combination of God and Jesus Christ isn't.
>>
>>78510371
>They seriously need to calm his ass down, I know he hates his life and stuff but he doesnt need to go on a cursing spree over every lil thing and some are things most people wouldnt even be mad at to begin with.

I see you were lucky enough to not grow up with an asshole for a dad. One of my first memories is him throwing a chair at a chandelier while arguing with my mom. I assume it was over something fucking stupid that didn't merit throwing chairs across the room like a monkey.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.