[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you read Flex Mentallo yet, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: comicsR4Babbies.png (345 KB, 470x483) Image search: [Google]
comicsR4Babbies.png
345 KB, 470x483
Why haven't you read Flex Mentallo yet, /co/?
>>
Because the reprint is done with horrible coloring and I refuse to buy it.
>>
>>78505441
First, let's not sit here and pretend like it's a TKJ hackjob (though the motivation is similar, they didn't get to choose nor talk to the original colorist).

Second, you can still pirate the original colors and read those or buy the original off the secondary market. It's not expensive.
>>
>>78505433
but I have
>>
I would wager money that most of comic-reading /co/ has already read Flex Mentallo.

>better thread topics than this one:
Why haven't you read Zenith yet, /co/?
Why haven't you read Paradax yet, /co/?
Why haven't you read Near Myths yet, /co/?
Why haven't you read American Splendor yet, /co/?
Why haven't you read Cerebus the Aardvark yet, /co/?
Why haven't you read My Greatest Adventure yet, /co/?
Why haven't you read The Adventures of Luther Arkwright yet, /co/?
>>
>>78505433
I always felt Flex was Morrison at his most Morrison and it's beautiful. He doesn't need to worry about the story lines or canon, he gets to completely focus on the themes and messages he wants to focus on. Also Quitely is always a great pairing for him.
>>
It's one of those Morrison comics that's too in love with superheroes for me
>>
I'm really happy I read Flex Mentallo early, thst way I didn't need to waste any more time reading Morrison's garbage.
>>
File: Flex.png (87 KB, 475x100) Image search: [Google]
Flex.png
87 KB, 475x100
>>78505887
>not believing superheros could be real if we just want it bad enough
>>
>>78505962
blah blah something Gentry blah blah
>>
>>78505433
But i have
>>
>>78505962
I've read superhero comics. Their universes aren't any better than ours.

Morrison should be using his wealth and influence to actually make the world a better place, not pat himself on the back for *almost* making the world a better place, *if only* more people would give him more money for his hypersigils.
>>
I own a physical copy of the first print trade though.
>>
>>78506127
owning it doesn't mean you've read it senpai
>>
>>78505433
I own all four single issues and have them signed by Grant Morrison.

Get on my level, OP.
>>
>>78505962

There are. Superpowers just aren't real.
>>
>>78506150
In my world it does. I'm not a fuck boii that buys something and let's it sit on my shelf.
>>
But OP, I haven't a single stamp to gamble.
>>
>>78507480
I'm sure Flex will still show you how to be a real man.
>>
>>78505433
I don't like meta shit.
>>
>>78508236
pleb
>>
>>78508993
It's by comics' #2 most-popular creator, set in comics' #1 most-popular genre, and published by comics' #2 most-popular publisher. There are few things more plebeian than that.

Please note that I'm not implying that plebeian==bad here. But it is a comic for the common masses and the average reader, not some obscure hidden gem that only dedicated patricians know about.
>>
>>78509085
>It's by comics' #2 most-popular creator
Under what metric? Also I'm curious who you consider #1.
>>
>>78509103
Alan Moore.

And please don't assume that I'm implying that popularity==quality.
>>
>>78505433
Every time I think about buying it I end up getting something else that interests me
>>
>>78505433

I have, multiple times. In the superhero genre, it's my favorite Morrison book, with Final Crisis a close second, but just because it relies so heavily on lore (and Final Crisis tied with Doom Patrol).

I have two editions, one signed by Quitely. I got that on vacation in Edinburgh at Deadhead comics. They had one of the original Doom Patrol issues with Flex in it just sitting there on a pile behind the counter. It was like seeing the Holy Grail and they were very adamant on not selling it. Which I can wholeheartedly understand.
>>
>>78505852
>Why haven't you read The Adventures of Luther Arkwright yet, /co/?

Because it's hard to get and I don't like reading comics I really want to read on a computer screen. But I recently read Dancers At The End of Time by Michael Moorcock plus a few Jerry Cornelius stories and then Heart of Empire by Bryan Talbot. So I'm pretty horny for those Adventures of Luther Arkwright, man.
>>
>>78505962
I keep clapping my hands but I'm pretty sure all the fairies are all long dead.
>>
>>78509582
Why don't you get Arkwright Integral?
>>
>>78506077
What makes you think he isn't?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.