[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong with Bill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13
What went wrong with Bill?
>>
>>78499956
His insecurities pushed Lenore away, then he wanted Lenore even more when she got distant, pushing her even farther.
From there, he just became a train wreck. Only his nationalism and friends keep him going.

>who's BILL?!
>>
The Army ruined his life with their deadly Placebo drug.
>>
He couldnt help it, being one of the worst characters

it was his fate
>>
>>78500659
>Whyyy do you keep callin' me BILL?

I can still hear that line in my head as clear as day. That episode was supremely disturbing.
>>
>>78499956
dang ol' purty purty pizzas
>>
Bill's shown the ability to bounce back remarkably well.

When he actually has a purpose for living and a little self confidence he's a great guy.

Problem he has is with moderation.
>>
>>78499956
He was destined for failure.
>>
>>78499956
The army tested on him.
>>
Life hit him hard and he didn't cope well, ontop of that his support system doesn't do much more than keep him from killing himself.
>>
What didn't?
>>
>>78501048
>When he actually has a purpose for living and a little self confidence he's a great guy.

No he isn't.

Whenever Bill isn't being shat on he's a total dick to everyone.

It seems like he wasn't like that before he originally became shit but whenever his life improves he's always a huge asshole for no reason.
>>
He can only be a jock or a failure.
>>
Everything:

>father abused him physically and mentally throughout his childhood (spanked him until he was 16, said he was a girl and made him wear pretty, pretty dresses, locked him in a rabbit hutch)
>hit his peak in high school as a star football player and the leader of his group of friends; enjoyed some success in the army even though he never did much besides cut hair
>these years of success made it harder when he married a bitch who cheated on him and emotionally (and physically?) abused him until they messily divorced years later
>got bald and fat
>had spans of several years in which he didn't have sex or even really date
>never fulfilled his dreams
>all those years of abuse and failure contributed to make him an insecure and depressed wreck
>life continues to get worse for him within the present day of the series
>friends either do the bare minimum to keep him from killing himself or are outright assholes who encourage his eventual suicide (dale)
>>
>>78499956
Rival with Peggy of the most irritating good intentions.
>>
>>78500659
>His insecurities pushed Lenore away
Wait, did the show ever elaborate on his marriage with Lenore? I thought the point was that we never saw her.
>>
The one episode that pisses me off the most is the one where Connie and Bobby broke up but Bobby was fine with it. And then Bill came in keep telling him that he lost the one and made it worse and worse to the point where Bobby humiliate himself as a cupid and Bill just say "better to know what if." That episode will forever make me hate Bill
>>
>>78502523
She comes back in one episode when it seems Bill is moving up in life (he briefly dates Ann Richards), and attempts to get back together with him. Other than that they only show her again for like 5 seconds on a tape of Bill's wedding ceremony. Hotter than you'd expect for someone who dated Bill, although he probably looked better then too.

They did sort of retcon their relationship though. In earlier episodes it was implied Bill drove her away by being a lazy asshole who put constant demands on her. Then sometime before she reappeared they started calling her a whore/bitch who helped to ruin Bill and that stayed for the rest of the series.
>>
>>78502632
the truth being as i saw it back int he day was bill married the town whore and she ran off and left him due to the demands of being a wife and the monotony of a stable home life and bill who it hinted numerous times had a bad life as a kid emotionally broke down.
>>
>I'm so depressed I can't even blink.
He has the best lines in the show. Wonderful character, almost as hideous as Peggy.
>>
Bill's father was awful

Bill got drafted right at the very last moment they drafted people. Cutting him off his finishing his high school life and maybe going to play college ball.

Bill did ok in the Army as a tanker and married Lenore.

Bill then took the heat for a bar fight so Hank wouldn't get in trouble.

Bill got punished by the Army and made to become a barber.

Lenore starts cheating on him and being awful.

Lenore divorces Bill

Bill's career fails as he gets stuck in rank and duty position.

Bill gets fat and bald.

Bill loses all confidence.

Bill is alone and depressed for years.

Bill's family is dying out and crazy assholes.
>>
>>78502604

"Everything Bill touches turns into... Bill."
>>
File: udMMi3Q.jpg (87 KB, 639x578) Image search: [Google]
udMMi3Q.jpg
87 KB, 639x578
infinite walrus was fucked up.
>>
>>78502523
on that episode where Bill thinks he Lenore puts a lot of insight on his relation, then we had the episode with the former Governor which had Lenore even appearing.
>>
>>78499956
>What went wrong with Bill?

He got into a psychologically abusive relationship with Lenore, and she left him because she's vain and only looking for someone who's popular.

He became attached to her in a toxic way and has been trying to fight it since.

Bill would have lived a great life if he never got with Lenore.
>>
>>78502604
You should watch Bad News Bill. It will totally make you like him again
>>
>>78499956
Nigga needs some anti-depressants!
>>
>>78499956
Life in general
>>
>>78502604
they really should have had Hank give Bill an ass-kicking for doing that, it's one of several episodes I have to consider non-canon in order to continue enjoying the show(most of said other episodes are ones from much later on in the show, like the second episode with Bill's cousin, or the one where Peggy sabotages Lucky's attempts at getting a GED)
>>
>>78504685
I don't know, they seem to make me hate him with that episode where Bobby plays baseball badly. He was just a total asshole there to the point that it would've been great for Hank to kick his ass. I don't even think there was a comeuppance for Bill there.
>>
>>78502462
Bill had dreams?
>>
File: 1450829654313.png (368 KB, 500x569) Image search: [Google]
1450829654313.png
368 KB, 500x569
>>78499956
>yfw you realize his ex-wife's name is a Poe reference.
>>
Why do you keep calling me BITCH?
>>
>>78502523
She was some drunk chick he picked up at a Molly Hatchet concert. It was destined for failure,
>>
>>78504915
Pure autism

>>78499956
The real question was what went right with Bill?
>>
>>78507785
>what went right with Bill
His HS football career?
>>
>>78507785
>The real question was what went right with Bill?
He tries to stay optimistic. He keeps moving forward.
>>
>>78499956
I WAS LISTENIN
>>
File: Billy Bob.png (156 KB, 464x360) Image search: [Google]
Billy Bob.png
156 KB, 464x360
>>78507556
He wanted a wife like Peggy and a son like Bobby. The basic "American Dream" basically.

>>78507781
Bill mentions that she started cheating on him two weeks after the wedding. But let's be real, she Redcorning him from the start.
>>
>>78507722
BOGGLE
>>
File: 132.gif (2 MB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
132.gif
2 MB, 250x350
>>78499956
No matter what, I can never give Judge enough credit for creating what is probably the most pathetic sad sack of shit character in cartoon history. I mean, is there anyone that even comes close?
>>
>>78508181
Did his life ever get better by the final episode?
>>
>>78508146
DallasallaD
>>
>>78508181
He's pretty damn pathetic, but I'm sure there's worse out there
>>
>>78499956
He peaked in High School.
>>
>>78502604
>bobby doing something clearly stupid
this is one of those things that /co/ always shits on hank for, every time it happens in other episodes
>>
>>78507785
>The real question was what went right with Bill?
well he's had sex with at least 4, maybe 6 or more, women that weve seen than most of /co/
>>
I'm scared I'm going to end up like Bill in the next 30 years.
>>
>>78508181
Tony Romo
>>
>>78501624
For the last time Dale he took placebos.
>>
Being cheated on I think, was the one of the worst emotional pains I went through. I didn't leave my apartment for 3 weeks. It's been 2 years since it happened and I'm still hurting. I can at the very least, understand Bills self confidence issues.
>>
>>78502632
The retcons always left a sour taste in my mouth.

>Dale's dad gay. Working on a gay rodeo implied it's been for years. Finding out he had an illegitimate grandson is a just a side note.

>Luanne'z dad. Holy Christ, what a piece of shit! It's one thing to retcon the oil rig. But from start to finish that guy was a nice of Shit who's only goal was throwing every member of his family under the bus.
>>
>>78502462
Bill had a hard life
>>
>>78499956
This always makes me mad because it makes me want french bread pizza, but truth is they never come out gooey like that since it's that frozen cheese that doesn't so much melt as it does get crispy
>>
>>78502305
barbecue sauce recipe, Bill did NOTHING wrong. his shitty cousin convinced him that his presence was more important than self fulfillment and success. Also he's a damn good barber like he'd be making a good living if he didn't think the army was the only way to go. his problem is he's afraid to strike out on his own but he passed his legacy on through bobby and luanne in both cases. Bill is Old Snake
>>
File: liquidbill.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
liquidbill.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>78511905
>>78511392
COUSIN IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!
>>
I love Bill. Best reaction images come from Bill.
>>
>>78500710
Damn you, puhfizer!
>>
>>78501048
He's got a very addictive personality.
>>
>>78499956
life
>>
>>78500659
from what I can tell, she only got to him back when he still had the football body & she started cheating on him
>>
File: bill-doser.jpg (112 KB, 640x487) Image search: [Google]
bill-doser.jpg
112 KB, 640x487
Bill's pathetic life and annoying episodes were all made worthwhile for the one brief moment when we get to see the real Billdozer shine through the crud one last time.
>>
>>78516389
https://youtu.be/_weJM_eZnQI

whole episode, even
>>
>>78511955
HHISSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>78516431
"He fought for your freedom in North Carolina during nam!"

I forgot how much I really love this episode.
>>
Just another victim of the heartless beast known as "woman"
>>
>>78516952
Have to agree with that in his case
>>
>>78502604
>>78504915
That episode was very telling of Bill and his insecurities how when at the restaurant with Bobby the waitress was kinda into him but Bill was oblivious and screamed for more wings at her as he gobbled them up like a pig at the troft.

Bill was once a good guy, put his friends first but his failures and self doubt has turned him into a hot mess. Who and lets face it, most times a total asshole when he does get something good in his life due to hes like an animal thats been starving and fighting and growling at anything good he has at others

But my fave Bill moment is not from Bill its from Kahn when he finds out Bill and Kahn's mom have been getting freaky
>>
File: bojack-horseman-2.jpg (261 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bojack-horseman-2.jpg
261 KB, 1280x720
>>78508181
>>
>>78511905
The recipe wasn't Bill's so why should he profit from it? It's not like he made it up he just follows a recipe given to him. As for being a barber, he tried working elsewhere. It didn't work well enough for him unless he pretended to be a flaming homosexual because that's what was trendy in Arlen.
>>
>>78511905
>>78518202
Why didn't he just work at Jack's Babershop?
>>
File: n2.jpg (6 KB, 206x212) Image search: [Google]
n2.jpg
6 KB, 206x212
>>78507686
how did I never pick up on that
>>
>>78510116

its not so bad
just keep the memories of the good times with you and your friends close
thats how i get through
>>
why do you keep calling me bruce
>>
>>78502604
>I'm your little candy man
>>
>>78519582
As shitty as Bill is in that episode and as disappointing as it is for Bobby to freak out so hard over the breakup, that moment seriously makes it all worthwhile. Bobby dressed as Cupid and crashing Joseph's party is pretty funny too, for the same reasons.

Guess if you're not into cringe humor they'd both seem awful though.
>>
Bill was only as good as people believed in him

He was cool in high school because everyone thought he was cool

Lenore treated him like crap so he became crap

his friends no longer thought he was cool...so he became uncool

But Hank believed in him when he went back to play high school football, thats why he could get the touchdown.
>>
>>78510852
that's still testing, idiot
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.