[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without Mako, only them. Everything would have been better.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nowfd8hcb31qggkzoo2_1280.png (656 KB, 1280x795) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nowfd8hcb31qggkzoo2_1280.png
656 KB, 1280x795
Without Mako, only them.
Everything would have been better.
>>
>>78499671

Fuck without Mako, without Asami the Cardboard Character the show would have been slightly more tolerable.
>>
>>78499671
wah Mako is boring I hate the law I'm going to smoke pot and hate myself

think that about covers everything
>>
Mako did nothing wrong.
>>
>>78499692
Mako never did pot. If he did he'd be slightly better. Yeah Mako was the weak link.
>>
>the only one to come close to beating Amon
>uncovered Varrick's plotting which no one else fucking thought to look into
>Tore apart Kuvira's idiotic mech from the inside

Granted they could've had a more interesting or dynamic character do any of these things. Mako did kind of suck. They even made his design in season four completely uninteresting to reflect this.
>>
I liked the brothers i just think like most things it could have been handled so much better. If there's one 'core' character that didn't need to exist it would be Asami. Through her we got the god awful relationship bs throughout the first and second season. Instead of focusing on her and her company shit we might have got a bit more of a central character group.
>>
>>78502391
Don't even attempt to make mako sound impressive. He was not only a shit character, but a fucking useless character in fights. Everybody else out did him at one point or another.
>>
>>78499671
without Mako, we have a manchild, a failure and a cardboard box.
>>
>>78499671
Without Mako there would be no Korrasami.
>>
>>78499671

Nah. Mako could have worked. He was fine in Season 3 and 4.

Maybe cut the stupid pro-bending thing and have Mako and Bolin be a pair of criminals who turn their lives around thanks to Korra and become cops. Positive achievement for Korra, better way for Lin to be involved in the story, and the option to have some '20s noir-inspired subplots because Mako's story is about him becoming a detective rather than about how shitty a boyfriend he was for the first half of the show.

Nix the stupid fucking love triangle from seasons 1 and 2, spend that time instead developing Asami's character and the dynamic of the Krew.

Does Mako ever catch the elusive A. Firebender before they can kill more parents? Who knows?[/spoilers]
>>
>>78499671
I'd say Asami was more of a detriment to the show. She brought in needless drama in season one and two, and did a whole lot fucking nothing for everything else.

Oh, except for holding Korra's hand that one time.

She was the Appa, but with less characterization and emotional investment.
>>
>>78499671
without any guy except bolin who is the only guy who doesn't suck
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.