[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
f for family, whats the verdict
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: jolly good show .webm (1 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
jolly good show .webm
1 MB, 710x400
>that feel when you see the place you were born from swinging back and forth in your face
>>
>>78498240
pretty sure we think its okay at best
>>
I liked it.
Honestly hits a bit close to home.
>>
File: Chie Satonaka.jpg (22 KB, 336x334) Image search: [Google]
Chie Satonaka.jpg
22 KB, 336x334
It targets every bad stereotype of "adult" cartoons in western animation. Even it's title is generic.
>>
>>78498240
All in all, it's not bad, but it's not amazing either.

The biggest issue I have is the animation. It looks like a combo between Brickleberry and Bojack, but with stiffer character movement. Hell, several times I saw the characters mouths not match up with what they were saying.

The comedy was hit and miss in a lot of situations. OP's pic had me loling hard, yet there were plenty of times where I wouldn't crack a smile. I never hated anything, but plenty of "meh" moments.

The overall story was decent, but I think where the show shined the most was in it's serious, heartfelt moments. That scene where Frank was singing in the car in the last episode got a nice lump in my neck.

I think if they stepped up their effort on the animation and jokes, and added in a few more feel moments, it could turn into something good.

6.5/10.

Want to bang the mom as well
>>
>>78499371
I get that it's progressive to genderbend characters, but Chie's casting could've been much better.
>>
So far with what I seen it appeals to shota fans for that boy.
>>
>>78499581
>The biggest issue I have is the animation. It looks like a combo between Brickleberry and Bojack
Actually, I'd consider one of the show's strong points is having character designs that actually look like a professional did them instead of the writer's scribbles.
>>
Its ok but nothing memorable yet. Usually in shows you're left wanting to see more but I'm not sure what I want to see.
>>
>>78498240
F
>>
It's supposed to be set in 1973 but the theme song is from 1974.

I didn't crack a smile once in the five minutes that I watched it. I'll pass.
>>
>>78498240

it was really good, not perfect but better than most shows out there, I would have watched 20 episodes of that no problem.
>>
File: 1450775940447.gif (447 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450775940447.gif
447 KB, 500x500
>>78499371
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.