[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1974: Stan Lee calles Marvel the Allies, other companies Nazis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
>Dear XXXX XXXX,

>A situation has arisen in the comic-book field which I’d like to discuss with you.

>Recently, a number of smaller companies—some already established, some in the process of attempting a launch—have decided that the only way to match Marvel’s success is to lure away as many of our people as possible.

>Unfortunately, the fact that we’re big, the fact that we’re solidly financed, and the fact that we’re ethically responsible actually acts against us. It’s like Nazi Germany and the Allies in World War II. Hitler, being a dictator and having no one to answer to, could do as he wished whenever the mood struck him, and could make the most extravagant promises to his captive people, while being completely heedless to the consequences. The U.S., however, had to move slowly, following firmly established principles of law and government. Marvel, like the Allies, simply cannot counter-react with impetuous pie-in-the-sky offers and promises.

>For the past fifteen years, since the start of Marvel, our rates have continually risen. They’ve never, in all that time, been cut. We have been the largest user of script, art, lettering, and coloring for a decade—with no exceptions, and with never a cut-back. While other companies have increased their titles and then decreased them, increased their staffs and then dismissed them—Marvel has been a virtual rock of security for free-lancer and staffer alike.
>>
>As for our present scale of pay, it is constantly being reviewed and revised—and always in an upward direction. This can be personally discussed by you and Roy Thomas at any time.

>In closing, I ask you to remember that there is a great and growing future here with Marvel. I urge you not to carelessly throw it away due to the momentary blandishments and temptations of those who see fit to make desperate offers—despite the possibility of being unable to sustain them—and who may even be unwilling to sustain them once they’ve served their purpose. Remember all the other promises made to you by all the other competitors of Marvel over the past years; then recall what happened when the time came to live up to them!

>Marvel has never lied to you. Marvel never will. Stay with us. You won’t regret it.

>Very sincerely,

>Stan Lee

Read the full text
http://seanhowe.tumblr.com/post/136124978672/its-like-nazi-germany-and-the-allies-in-world
>>
>>78494174
>I don't know how figurative language works
In true "pretending to be stupid to prove a point" form. Practiced by SJWs, perfected by /pol/.
>>
File: SJWs BTFO.png (385 KB, 1014x878) Image search: [Google]
SJWs BTFO.png
385 KB, 1014x878
>>78494292
>>
>>78494174
>>78494206
Oy vey
>>
>>78494946
I never got the hipster comparison. They're the kinda people who are "ironically racist".
>>
>>78495288
That's not a hipster, it's a castrated numale
>>
Stan Lee served his country during the war. He can compare whomever he feels fit to the nazis.
>>
>>78494946
Oh look, he posted a strawman image just like tumblr does, but he fails to see the irony because autism took his sense of relativity.
>>
Stan Lee needs to die already, fuck. Tired of that mother fucker.
>>
>>78496258
Nigga he was a fucking radio operator. Traveled town to town and fucked girls left and right by telling them he was A NAZI-STOMPER! Fucking Kirby stormed the beaches at D-Day while this pussy ass faggot was drinking sherbet tea with some 17 year-old airhead and her mom in Pennsylvania
>>
>>78494174
>>78494206
Jews compares everyone they don't like with Nazi Germany.
>>
So that's why he wanted Gruenwald to create Squadron Supreme...

>>78496807
This.
>>
>>78496258
Stan was a kid.
>>
>>78496807
looks to me stan got all the bitches while kirby was eating shit
sounds to me stan was on top bitch nigga
>>
>>78497053
He was Marvel's Bob Kane.
>>
>>78497063
>>78497053
>>78496807
>>78496258

This is a pretend fight isn't it.
>>
>>78494946
>If you're not with is you're against us
This image just proves his point.
>>
>>78497053
>the guy who defended world peace and watched friends get blown up and shot down is the shit eater
>the guy who never left the border and raked in pussy basically through lies is the top nigga
Millenials, everyone
>>
Didn't Kirby leave that year?
>>
>>78496258
>Stan Lee served his country during the war
Yet another Stan Lee lie...
>>
>>78495288

Which is a thing, apparently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_racism
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.