[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you going to get for Stan Lee's birthday?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 207x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 207x300
What are you going to get for Stan Lee's birthday?
>>
Ur mums pussy
>>
>>78489304
So same thing as last year.
>>
More souls.
>>
>>78489279
>"CREATOR RIGHTS? WHAT CREATOR RIGHTS? GIMME MY SHEKELS, GOYIM!"
>>
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
you know, what Stan usually gets
>>
>>78489279
Polish for his phylactery.
>>
who the fuck cares?
he's literally the normie "writer" everyone that ever watched the movies and pretends they are nurds written all the marvel comics
>>
>>78491023
>normie writer
We're in too deep
>>
>>78489279
Steve Ditko's tears.
>>
>>78489279
He's not dead yet?
>>
>>78489485
This
>>
>>78491023
>>78491071
Not reading anything written by Stan Lee has become a badge of honor for a lot of comic fans. The typical comic reader here seems to have only read comics that were published in the last five years, usually Watchmen and Killing Joke, maybe some Ultimate Marvel when they were younger, and possibly the Death of Superman or Macfarlane Spider-Man when they were tots.
It seems Stan Lee's contemporary reputation as a credit-stealing hack has encouraged a lot of people to disregard the body of work with his name on it.
>>
Jack Kirby's fourth world
>>
A fancy container for his Phylactery or decorations for his Soul Well
>>
A Crucifix
Garlic
Holy Water
A wooden stake
>>
>>78491271
His work will be read as long as it's associated with Kirby and Ditko. It's only the MCUcks that worship him.
>>
>>78491180
Dude. That feel when you will die within his lifetime.
>>
>>78491399
A lot of people on /co/ seem to have fond memories of his pre-MCU televised appearances, and just don't want to believe such a sweet old man could have done anything wrong.

A lot of /co/ thinks Kirby is a bad artist, and because of Lee's lovable public persona, they refuse to believe Kirby's side of the story.
And for the most part, /co/ can't separate Ditko the artist from his Objectivist attitudes and prefer the Ultimate Spider-Man comics they grew up with to the Silver Age stories that made them possible.
>>
jack kirby's stuffed corpse
>>
>>78491869
I refuse to believe this.
>>
>>78489279

This fucker is like a vampire, he survives by sucking the life force of the other writers. Just see what has happened to Frank Miller and that RWBY guy.

Even Alan Moore starts to looking ill
>>
IM JUST YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD WRITERMAN
WITH THE SECRET IDENTITY OF A SUPER MC
WHOSE RHYMES ARE AS DARK AS MY SHADES LEAVE YOU SQUEALING LIKE MEMEMEMEMEMEEE
>>
>>78492578
I've seen people spout that nonsense.
>>
>>78489485
Excelsior!
>>
Anyone have that fake quote picture of Lee shittalking Kirby? He calls him a hack and a little bitch and such?
>>
>>78489279
I'm getting jack Kirby's Fourth World.
Finally a good French edition.
>>
I already buy a shit ton of comics - he's already getting my money. So uh... For his birthday, he's actually gonna suck MY dick
>>
>>78491869
> A lot of /co/ thinks Kirby is a bad artist
Wat ?
Also reminder that Stan Lee never was handing a few pages of synopsis (not even a fucking script) to his artists and was letting them do everything else, cause lazy bastard.
>>
>le fuck Stan meme
>le muh Kirby and muh Ditko meme
Face it, if Marvel hadn't embraced some of the bussiness descisions of Stan, mostly pushing for multimedia efforst and movie/tv productions, Marvel would have died in the 90s. Granted, they now live as walking dead controlled by the Mouse, but still.
>>
>>78493705
>Granted, they now live as walking dead controlled by the Mouse
Name one decision Disney has forced on Marvel.
>>
>>78493705
Nobody's saying that Lee had nothing to do with Marvel, just that he took way too much credit in regards to writing stories and creating characters.
>>
>>78493751
To be fair, a lot of people tend to erroneously give him credit simply because he's the "face" of Marvel.
>>
>>78489279
A stake
>>
>>78493730
Publishing Star Wars comics.
Could be worse I suppose. Except if you're Dark Horse CEO of course.
>>
>>78493817
Yeah but that's just casuals, what about when Lee does it himself?
>>
>>78493817
To be fair, it's not completely coincidental if he is Marvel's face. But still.
>>
>>78489279
I'm impressed with all the vision that it took
For Stan lee to sign his name on all of jack kirbys comic books
>>
>>78491023
>the father of all comic nerds everywhere
>normie
>>
>>78494072
Can you really call them a comic nerd when many of them think he actually drew the comics himself?
>>
>>78494130
You are allowed to like something and still have hot opinions (tm)
>>
>>78494204
But not distorting facts. That sucks.
>>
File: x-men-ff.jpg (164 KB, 800x574) Image search: [Google]
x-men-ff.jpg
164 KB, 800x574
>>78493730
>One mistake
>>
>>78489279
My life force for the energy vampire Stanicus Lee Demonicus. Our lord and master.
>>
File: IMG_20150817_133014.jpg (176 KB, 404x1197) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150817_133014.jpg
176 KB, 404x1197
One of those giant computers to put his brain in like in Winter Soldier.
>>
>>78493730
the sinergy between comics and movies
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.