[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
British Animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Danger-Mouse.jpg (67 KB, 480x624) Image search: [Google]
Danger-Mouse.jpg
67 KB, 480x624
It has been a decent year for British animation. Shaun The Sheep Movie has been well received internationally, as with anything Aardman. The rebooted Danger Mouse has so far recieved very strong ratings among home audience.

But compared to live action media, has animation not fared well internationally or at home. Suppose this goes to show how limiting production budgets are to animation?
>>
>>78487323
I liek teh chicken butt
>>
>>78487323
New episodes when?
>>
Dangermouse certainly does deserve more... buttdget... in my opinion, if you know what I'm saying. *wink*
>>
Is mongrels still deader than dead?
>>
>>78490507
They did extremely well with what they have. I only wish for Jeopardy Mouse to get a definitive voice.

Also yes to more chicken butt.
>>
>>78493210
>I only wish for Jeopardy Mouse to get a definitive voice.

Or at least an actress who can actually pull off an American accent.

The limey cunt playing her slips up so many fucking times.
>>
>>78493250
But she's in Game of Thrones, so you're probably not allowed to criticize her.
>>
>>78493250
Now you know how it feels whenever I hear an American voicing an English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh/ German/French/Russian/Asian/etc/etc/etc character.
>>
>>78494471
How many nationalities are you?
>>
>>78494523
Mother had an active social life.
>>
>>78494579
Does that mean she got around?
>>
>>78494682
She was a very friendly woman.
>>
>>78493250

Didn't even realise she was not American.
>>
File: kind-of-hot-mickey.png (53 KB, 395x378) Image search: [Google]
kind-of-hot-mickey.png
53 KB, 395x378
>>78494718
>>
>>78489976

Not in a long while, the reruns will stop again at the end of this week and won't commence again for weeks after. As such, it probably won't continue until spring, coinciding with the US premier of the show.
>>
>>78493201

I suppose so, along with BBC Three.
>>
File: AfVfSzkCIAANKmn.jpg.jpg (171 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
AfVfSzkCIAANKmn.jpg.jpg
171 KB, 1024x1024
>>78493201
Sadly.
>>
>>78495418
I think I have crush on Destiny's voice.
>>
>>78495418
Eh, mixed feelings on Mongrels. On one hand I did like some of the characters and dialogues and storylines. On the other, I found it too jarring the way they acted like people one second and be feral the next. I mean, I get that it's the joke, but it just didn't work for me.
>>
File: monkey dust- paedo swimming.jpg (262 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
monkey dust- paedo swimming.jpg
262 KB, 950x534
most of the people who made good british animation were PAEDOPHILES

Just like the Japanese
>>
>>78498074

Well, children's television personalities. Not animators.
>>
British animator here.

I'm leaving this fucking rock as quickly as I can. It's ran by Lazy hacks
>>
File: large[1].jpg (117 KB, 1022x456) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
117 KB, 1022x456
>>78499255

'Lazy', I can believe. Reading up on Cosgrove-Hall, it's quite astonishing how unapologetic they are in cutting corners and just general comprimises in writing and content. That latter point might may be more attributed to sucking up to public broadcasting.
>>
Seems to me they just get their animation from France.

Seems like you only really need one animation capital per continen. We never complain about lack of Mexican animation.
>>
>>78500144
Mexican animation is inherently shit because most of us are lazy bastards. The good ones flee to the USA.
>>
>>78487323

The cheesy jokes are somehow more bearable in Danger Mouse. I think the accent lends an air of sophistication that isn't really there.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.