[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mystery Kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
What is /co/'s opinion on Mystery Kids, the crossover animatic of Gravity Falls, Coraline, ParaNorman, and Psychonauts?

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgAwamjVtzQ

Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlMgZ--dinA

The script gets a little too fanfiction-y for my taste, as I expected, but it's amusing enough and the concept and style are pretty damn good for a fan production with no budget. I even like the fact that they kept it black-and-white, which suits the paranormal theme. With some better writing and more polish, I could imagine this being a really cool show. Maybe it's because the crossover actually make sense in this case rather than simply being "here are two shows I like that have little to nothing in common."
>>
>>78478763
Really don't like the writing, characterizations, or the voices. Other than that, pretty good.
>>
Seems like a clusterfuck.
>>
>>78478763

It's ok?
>>
>>78478763
I like all the things included, but I'm afraid at the amounts of cringe I'll feel when I open it up
>>
Why do you need Raz AND Lily?
>>
File: lili_zanotto_.jpg (140 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
lili_zanotto_.jpg
140 KB, 900x900
>>78479360
Same reason both Coraline and Wybie are there. Everyone else came in pairs and Lili is the most logical partner for Raz. Plus she's probably the cutest of the bunch.
>>
>>78478763
>45 minutes
Is it worth it?
>>
>>78479513

You don't really need Wybie either. Or Norman's fat friend.
>>
>>78479624
No it's horrible
>>78478763
Cringe horrible
>>
The worst possible thing you can do when working on a fan project, is be too much of a fan. Fans get so into their own headspace and interpretations of the characters that they become unable to write them how they actually are, opposed to how you think or want them to be.

That being said, the characterizations are mostly off. It was a cute idea but much too ambitious for them. It all comes off as amateurish and immature. They were right in scrapping the project and focusing on their schoolwork. They've all worked on much better personal projects since this came out. I give them props though for putting the whole thing together, with voices and everything.
>>
>>78479794
Yeah, the writing is by far the weakest aspect. You could tell they were animation students, not writers. It would've been much better if they had found people who could nail the script and characterizations while they handled the drawing.
>>
>>78478763
>dipper trips over a button
>awful dialogue/scripting (brains low in cholesterol)
>that awful soundtrack/sound mixing
fuck
I'm glad that things like this happen, good on those kids for putting this together, but man I am not excited for the rest of this
>>
>>78479652
I don't even really think they need mabel, She never was that interested in the supernatural
>>
>>78478763

Where's Ness and Danny Fenton?
>>
>>78480141
too busy fighting crime with the other fanfiction travesty teen groups
>>
Any links to where did this project come from?
>>
>>78480188
From what I remember it was started by a small group on tumblr
>>
>>78480188
you could probably find that out by, I don't know, putting any effort into finding this shit
did you even check the about page of the video?
>>
File: John Oliver repulsed - YouTube.png (282 KB, 366x431) Image search: [Google]
John Oliver repulsed - YouTube.png
282 KB, 366x431
>>78478763
>3shownang5me opening theme
>obligatory tumblr noses in some characters
Other than that, noice production values.

>>78480141
>Where's Danny Fenton?
What >>78480182 said. He's with the Secret Trio (of Randy Cunningham and Jake Long) if I'm not mistaken.
>>
File: 1447440630775.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1072) Image search: [Google]
1447440630775.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1072
Please God no.
>>
>>78480495
or that one group that was those 3, juniper lee, XJ9, Ben10, and GenRex
I don't know if that's right, I'm just trying to remember what I saw
>>
>>78480242
Forgive me, anon, I relied on the embedding abilities of this Vietnamese shadow puppetry board too much that I took the thought of using other sites for this purpose for granted.
>>
This was two years ago. Did any of the kids who made it do anything since?
>>
Alex Hirsch, Neil Gaiman, and Tim Schafer are sitting in a room together. What do they come up with?
>>
>>78481544
They make a brutal legend movie in Laika style.
>>
>>78481671
Id watch it.
>>
>>78481915
same.
>>
>>78481173
One of them interned at Disney and worked on Wander Over Yonder Season 2.
>>
>>78478763
The intro song apparently has a music video that must be a portal right to the year 2007 .
https://youtu.be/Vuf7aktkWAE
>>
>>78483656
What's with animated bands becoming a thing? Are they imitating Gorillaz?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.