[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked Avengers 2 more than The Force Unleashed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 25
File: 1451162220733.jpg (5 KB, 251x211) Image search: [Google]
1451162220733.jpg
5 KB, 251x211
I liked Avengers 2 more than The Force Unleashed.
>>
I didn't like Winter Soldier. GotG butchered Ronan and fuck that "lets all hold hands and win through power of love" battle.
>>
>>78473077
i have never read a physical comic in my life
>>
I think Pepe posts are funny.
>>
>>78473077
>The Force Unleashed
Is that game any good?
>>
I can't get into indies. Maybe I just haven't found the right ones yet, but for now I'm a full on cape pleb.
>>
Why would you compare an Avengers sequel with a Star Wars videogame?
>>
I have not seen unleashed. And have already seen all the spoilers, purposely
>>
>>78473260
Why wouldn't l?
>>
I want to die.
>>
>>78473077
I haven't seen the new Star Wars and I don't have any intention of doing so until at least it comes on tv. I just don't care.

>>78473252
The fuckest uppest.

>>78473237
I think your peepee is funny.

>>78473260
Common mistake among casuals.
>>
I am terribly disappointed with how Gravity Falls developed recently and starting to doubt if it was ever good to begin with.
>>
I think Life After Death is a better album than Ready to Die, but Puffy ruins both of them with his adlibs.
>>
>>78473297
Well, considering playing is a much more personal experience I enjoyed the force unleashed more than most heroes movies, it was a pretty fun game to fuck shit up with sabers and force powers, if you can ignore the attempt to have a plot.
I also enjoyed Naughty Bear more than Interstellar.
>>
I don't think Omega Men is that great. It started really good, but it's been losing steam in the last couple of issues and nothing interesting really happens.

Vision is King's best work so far.
>>
>>78473077
Also I preferred Age of Ultron over The Force Awaken
>>
I care more about DC characters than Marvel characters
>>
I haven't read any comics or cartoon for almost 2 years, yet i still come to /co/ regularly
>>
>>78473390
I care more about Marvel characters, but I usually prefer DC stories.

Does that make any sense?
>>
>>78473323
PRIVATE IRON VERSUS WAR BASTARD
>>
Bendis was good, his Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man are examples of this. But not any more, he's shit.

The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns will both always be the most overrated Batman stories. It doesn't mean that the stories are bad, but there are stories much better than the both of them featuring Batman.

Flex Mentallo saved my life.

I've had roleplay sex.

As much as I love Jack Kirby, his storytelling was hamfisted and his male faces were all a bit off.

I believe comics are the most underrated medium. There's something to fit everyone's fancy other than just cape comics.

Feminism, however, is slowly ruining comics, and most feminists don't read comics.

I believe everyone has a purpose and there's no need to be upset or depressed.

South Park Season 19 was the best season to happen in ages.

Johns' JSA is my favorite comic run of all time.

Wall-E is my favorite Pixar movie.

Jodorowsky is my favorite comics writer.
>>
>>78473422
In a world where Bendis exists, yes.
>>
File: Eeyore_3.jpg (91 KB, 677x507) Image search: [Google]
Eeyore_3.jpg
91 KB, 677x507
>>78473504
>I believe everyone has a purpose and there's no need to be upset or depressed.
But if someone's purpose is to be depressed? Now that's a conundrum for ya.
>>
>>78473077
Mabel has consistently been a jerk and Dipper deserves better
>>
I liked most of Bendis's X-Men run (not all of it obviously)
I like that Bobby is gay now but hate how it happened
I don't read DC comics because subconsciously I treat being a Marvel Fan boy like being a fan of a sports team
I liked the Watchmen movie
I'm a bisexual and none of my friends know it
I LIKE THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL
I haven't read every issue of ASM....

...Okay that's enough for now
>>
>>78473077
>Avengers 2
>The Force Unleashed
That's a weird comparison.
>>
>>78473325
You doubt your own judgement? Wow, that's not a cartoon doing that.

People with low self esteem (like you) often believe that they're incapable of making rational decisions; they develop a kind of "imposter syndrome" where they internally mark every success and achievement they make as the result of luck or a mistake or simply the task being so superficial it is meaningless or easily accomplished that the same is true.

Of course, if you're saying you no longer enjoy something that you once enjoyed, that's fine and it doesn't point to mental illness or a personality disorder as the cause, but that's not the same thing as something never having been good and your having been mistaken in the belief that it was; it just means you changed your mind about whether you enjoy it or not. The actual qualities of the thing observed are different to your perception of them, you see?

I don't have a stake in this, but if you're having these kind of doubts about yourself, especially at this time of year, talk to someone. Doesn't have to be a family member or friend or colleague (though they may be the closest, even if they're sympathetic, they may not have the skills to help you), you can call a helpline, or drop by a church or other house of worship and talk to a priest/equivalent title goes here; they often have honed listening skills and they've certainly seen a lot of people with all kinds of problems come through their door. If they tell you to pray, well, consider it an opportunity for some quiet self-reflection and examine the facts instead of talking to god (unless you want to talk to god, it's just that god doesn't talk back - unless you are crazy). You can also talk to your doctor or find groups who can talk to you (because your doctor is going to be super busy right now, but don't let that put you off asking) through your doctor's medical practice. You can even find help from less obvious sources - but you know your situation better than I do.

Good luck.
>>
>>78473459
You've gotta be fucking kidding.
>>
>>78473504
>I've had roleplay sex.
Was it /co/ related?
>>
>>78473593
Yes.
>>
>>78473570
I only began to wonder if my perception of the cartoons quality was warped by anticipation of future development that never panned out. Nigga, what the fuck?
>>
>>78473608
Tell me more.
>>
>>78473610
Hey, it starts with someone talking about something trivial, next thing you know there's a cop at your door asking if you can come to the morgue and identify the body they have.

Be good to yourself.
>>
>>78473570
What
>>
>>78473622
IT'S A TRAP!
>>
>>78473622
>gf takes up acting class in her spare time
>has a knack for accents
>she was curious in thinking that roleplay sex might help her with performance, so she asks me what comic related couple we should do for roleplay sex.
>I suggest Batman and Talia.
>she agrees to it.
>I have a Batman costume from our last Halloween party.
>she dresses similar to Talia from Arkham City, with the accent to boot.
>I take influence from early nineties Batman, a little bit of wit with the broodiness.
>by the time we've done the parts where we talk about what I have to do to defeat Ra's and the sweet-talking, I'm only wearing the cowl.
>she does her grunts and moans with the accent intact.
>she whispers "beloved," in my ear as she seeks out friction from underneath me.
>gyrating her hips as she slides into me.
>my hands wandering over her body.
>she was trembling with lust, as I increasingly went faster.
>by the time we came to our release, I yelled out (and I'm not kidding here) "DEAD PARENTS!"
>and that was that.
>>
File: image.png (247 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
247 KB, 500x500
>>78474063
>>
70's ASM is a thing of beauty, no others need apply.
>>
I miss /frz/
>>
Inside Out was meh.
I don't hate it, but I don't see myself watching it again.
>>
File: 1417156403408.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1417156403408.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
>>78473323
>I think your peepee is funny.
You do?
>>
ironic waifuism is still waifuism and you are all full of sin.
>>
Guardians of the galaxy was way bettter than both Avengers movies
>>
File: 1209_mcmillan_630x420[1].jpg (62 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1209_mcmillan_630x420[1].jpg
62 KB, 630x420
the amount of video games and anime on this board is TOO DAMN HIGH!
>>
File: 3.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
I think that The Toy Warrior is Better Than Star Vs
>>
>>78474063
Holy shit. Doubtful, but I want to believe.
>>
>>78473077
Obvious mistake aside, who the fuck didn't enjoy AoU more than TFA?
>>
>>78473504
TKJ isn't a Batman story though.
>>
>>78474063
>>I suggest Batman and Talia.
>Not Scott and Emma
You had one fucking job!
>>
>>78475028
People with taste.

TFA wasn't anything special, but it was still better than that awful AoU turd.
>>
>>78475028
Me? Most people too, given audience scores on Metacritic, IMDB, RT, and Cinemascore.
>>
I hate every trip fag except Boco and don't get why some of them are so popular
>>
Haven't read a comic in about 2 years. In fact, I kind of hate most comics because status quo and plot armor.

I also didn't hate Circle of Four.
>>
>>78475251
>Hating Dan and KS
Fuck all the way off.
>>
>>78473535
>>
>>78475251
Put on your trip, Boco.
>>
I still feel bad for dropping David Willis. As awful and hamfisted as he's become, I still remember the good old days of IW and early SP and his fandom was the internet community I felt most at home in.
>>
>>78475035
Yeah, but you get the idea. Besides, his name is in the title.
>>
>>78475060
I don't have a Cyclops costume though, m8. Sorry.
>>
I can't stang DC and Marvel fandoms. People critizising the movies and series make me hate them even though when I see them on the cinema or TV I enjoy every single one of them.
>>
>>78475324
>mfw Dan and KS are my OTP
:3
>>
>>78476747
But KS is a QT and Dan isn't
>>
>>78473570
cuck
>>
My ex cheated on me with a guy who cosplays Starlord regularly so now i hate the franchise
>>
File: 1356030947118.jpg (18 KB, 275x339) Image search: [Google]
1356030947118.jpg
18 KB, 275x339
>>78476747
People actually like Dan?
>>
I don't care how creative and forward thinking and original the new Prez mini was. You don't get to do ironic pandering and hope the reap the rewards of actual pandering by ironically putting a brown Tumblr girl as the lead of your comic. Don't tell me they weren't hoping to sell to both sides of the street by doing that. I'm glad the shit got cancelled.
>>
>>78477057
what is this
>>
>>78473077
MoS was fantastic
>>
>>78476959
I am really sorry for that anon. I am sure you will find a better girl.
>>
File: l-lewd.png (104 KB, 671x823) Image search: [Google]
l-lewd.png
104 KB, 671x823
Lesbianism is going to be the biggest market draw for a show to either succeed or fail since our standards as a society have lost its priorities entirety.

It happened with Adventure Time and we're 7 seasons in with its biggest plot point being about Marceline learning to behave more human and lady like with PB teaching her

LoK I don't think I need to explain

Gravity Falls should be an example since Alex has tweeted in the past how Pinecest is sick and wrong and the fans of his show trigger him.
>>
>>78477835
Lesbianism and shipping ruins everything.
I want to strangle people when 90% of the discussion related to a show is this bullshit.
>>
I thought TFA was okay

I always get triggered whenever nostalgia fags talk about how shit cartoons are these days

I like SU but the animation is just horrendous
>>
Giving some shows Lore, back story and story arcs ruin them.
>>
I haven't been interested in anything the Big 2 have put out in a while and I get more enjoyment from webcomics than I do them.
>>
I hate all cartoons on TV now. In fact I hate all shows on TV... and movies. I am not satisfied with anything. also I think every comic from the last 20 years has been shit
>>
File: nothing-matters lol .gif (351 KB, 545x409) Image search: [Google]
nothing-matters lol .gif
351 KB, 545x409
>>78477835
>>
File: 1450976792352.gif (30 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1450976792352.gif
30 KB, 442x341
There is 10 musclefags giving US other musclefags, a bad name, and contributing to /co/ becoming more shit than it already is.

>lol look at my comic book thread!

>we just post imagens of our favorite bodybuilders and discuss about them, but not about comics or cartoons!

No other fetish or lewd thread does this, only musclefags. Do you guys don't notice that you are becoming câncer?

I AM all for fetish threads, but make it /co/ and talk about /co/ stuff.
>>
>>78477835
>our standards as a society have lost its priorities

I'm impressed at how you can string 10 words together and have literally no point made. It's a skill.
>>
I think king is vastly overrated and hate what he is doing with characters that everyone else seems to love
>>
>>78476747
I still can't believe people unironically ship tripfags.
>>
>>78479904
Neither of them are tripfags.
>>
>>78479926
Okay, namefags then.

I ship Boco and Boobanon.
>>
>>78479926
More importantly they do a fair amount for /co/ so who gives a shit
>>
File: huahahu yeah....png (197 KB, 581x679) Image search: [Google]
huahahu yeah....png
197 KB, 581x679
>>78473077
I am unsure if people like or hate name/tripfags.

At first everyone seems to hate them, but them everyone start loving to hate them, and miss them when they desapear.
>>
>>78480085
It all depends on which ones.
>>
LGBT storylines in comics will always feel like hamfisted gender politics to me. Any attempt at portraying the trials of being a non-straight person will always feel disingenuous to me and pandering to the progressive social justice crowd. Maybe I just haven't read the good ones, but I don't know. It just feels less cool in general.
>>
>>78483757
Which ones have you read?
>>
>>78473373
Yeah, the Primus-Princess power shift and everyone being pawns just kind of lamed it out for me.

Vision's fantastic but I worry it'll falter before the end too.
>>
>>78474063
Don't care if true or not
>DEAD PARENTS!
I kek'd
>>
>>78483835
I don't necessarily look for them but the ones I've encountered are

Young Avengers (the ongoing relationship drama between Billy and Teddy is annoying af)
The Gay Bobby retcon
Coming of Age, when Danny suddenly thirsts for dick after being rejected by Amazi-girl. Dropped that like it's hot.
>>
Guess I'll give it a shot.
More and more I feel alienated from old friends, specifically in regards to comics stuff. Someone who I used to agree with a lot went full tumblr recently.
I wonder if they've changed or I have.
As much as I've come to dislike shipping I feel like I might forgive Homestuck if they put the kids back together.
I think I'm a little tougher on literary lesbians than I should be because of personal reasons, but at the same time I'm sick of hearing about how important it is that we have more of them, all the time, everywhere, because its important.
I think I've finally accepted I'm not going to make it as a writer, that nothing I have to say is what anyone's interested in hearing.
I'm still pissed off about that episode of Adventure Time where Peppermint Butler turned some dude's kids into demons and it was portrayed as okay.
>>
>>78473570
Autism speaks
>>
>>78473570
>that description of the imposter syndrome
Holy shit that's me
>>
I really thing that Cartoonfags are the real cancer of this board.
>>
>>78483757

Even comics written by gay dudes just feel like weird wish-fulfillment things like Young Avengers v1.

>Steve Dillon is a great artist

>Jamie McKelvie should stick to doing costume designs and not actual comics

>Kieron Gillen is really overrated and his comics all read like a 35-40 year old man who really wants to seem "hip" and "with it"

>The latest volume of midnighter is really bland

>western mainstream comics artists cannot draw cute twinks and that frustrates me
>>
>>78484023
I think LGBT isn't the problem. The problem is that you're choosing to read dumb superhero comics and Willis. Basically, the problem is you.
>>
I hate the Punisher.
>>
>>78473570
This is one of the most amusing posts I've seen in a while on this site.
If you're being serious and aren't just autistic or something you're a very good person to care about another anon like this, man.
>>
>>78483757
>>78483835
Are there any good gay comics at all?
>>
>>78484023
that's your problem
the ones you've read are obvious tumblr girl pandering
i'm no lgbt connoisseur so i can't recommend any better ones but i know at least that much
>>
>>78484177

The short answer is "no".

They all tend to focus too much on the whole gayness thing. Instead of trying to be great at whatever genre they're in.

There's not a great sci-fi action comic where the two leads happen to be gay, for instance. Instead, there's Starfighter.
>>
>>78484177
>fiction
Love & Rockets
Enigma

>non-fiction
Fun Home / Are You My Mother?
>>
>>78484167
give me a good one then.
>>
>>78484063
>I'm still pissed off about that episode of Adventure Time where Peppermint Butler turned some dude's kids into demons and it was portrayed as okay.
I wouldn't really say that, Pep Butt was just smarter and won with an underhanded tactic. The show makes it clear that Peppermint is kind of evil.

The kids were pretty happy with it and they weren't much weirder than the other freaks that exist in the show.
>>
>>78484234
>>78484216
>>
>>78484160
I absolutely loathe mckelvie's art style
it's like if pure faggotry can be translated into art
all of his "young, hot guy" characters are essentially twinks with extremely punchable faces
>>
>>78484258
Yeah, that's my problem. They're horrifically turned into children, and the child attacking monster is a zany side character don't you love his adventures!

My issue with Adventure Time is that there's no goddamn follow through. Even Bubblegum getting overthrown (FINALLY) was just to show what a good ruler she was instead of forcing her character to take a look at what a psycho she turned into thanks to her paranoia from the Lich nearly killing her.

Like my point is that if you're going to kick around in the deep end, I'd like you to actually do something with it.
>>
>>78473252
Only time I've forcepulled a Star Destroyer out of the sky. I liked it.
>>
>>78484291

He does have a bad case of sameface. But his bland, fuckdoll faces are the least of his problems. His art never has a good sense of weight or motion to it. It's like watching mannequins attempt to do things.

Which is pretty damning when cape comics are supposed to be energetic and engaging. Hell, even a comic about magic dancing isn't a good fit for him since he can't seem to convey any sense of motion and lacks any real dynamic flair.
>>
Oversexualized comics need to be left alone and dressing Vampirella like Claire Redfield was a far bigger tragedy than gay Iceman.
>>
>>78473252
feels more like an unfinished beta than a proper game, but damn if it's not fun as hell.
>>
>>78484452
It felt finished to me, but that is a perfect description of Force Unleashed 2. Now that was an unfinished game.
>>
>>78475028
TFA knew exactly what it wanted to do and unlike AoU actually felt like it had stakes (even if it was rushed.)

AoU was one giant "fuck you" from Whedon that relied way too much on snarky one liners than actual character development and tried to balance like five different upcoming plots so the whole Ultron threat boiled down to "wah I hate my Dad" when Ultron was a way more menacing villain in the comics (hell the animated show did a better job with his motives)

And the final fight was leagues below the NYC one from the original. Seriously fuck Age of Ultron
>>
>>78484543
I think I played 2 not the first one
>>
>>78484634
Makes sense. If you liked 2, you'll definitely enjoy 1.
>>
File: 1445884970624.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1445884970624.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
/co/ is so boring
>>
>>78473077
Why does 4chan hate "lol" all of a sudden?

"kek" doesn't feel like a real laugh, it seems so mean and cynical.
>>
>>78484657
No one is forcing you to stay.
>>
>>78480085
>>78480123
If you put out actual content, you can get away with a trip. If you're actually notable for something relevant to the board and/or are the topic of discussion in a thread, you can get away with a trip. If you're just decided you need a username on an anonymous imageboard, you're a faggot.
>>
I've never really seen where /co/ sees the "tomboys love nerds" thing in fiction that they say they were lied to about
>>
>>78484063
>More and more I feel alienated from old friends, specifically in regards to comics stuff. Someone who I used to agree with a lot went full tumblr recently.
>I wonder if they've changed or I have.

Lately it feels to me like everyone is either going full tumblr or full stormfront and there's no middle ground left.

I guess if those are the only choices I have to go tumblr because I despise stormfront with every fiber of my being, even though I also despise tumblr with 99% of the fibers of my being. I wonder how many other people are in this predicament, reblogging things when their heart isn't really in it because they'd be evil not to.
>>
>>78484756
All of a sudden? "lol" has been hated by the more "underground" internet for at least the 15 years I've been on the internet. because it's too "mainstream." We're always finding some new "lewl" or "lmao" or "kek" to differentiate us.
>>
>>78483757
>>78484023
Part of it is what you're reading, part of it is perception. You've gotta be OK with LGBT relationships taking the spotlight like any other relationship often will, you gotta accept that people will often be "revealed" as LGBT because sexuall orientation isn't typically established first thing, you gotta accept LGBT issues are going to pop up because that's just reality still. LGBT stuff draws the eye because up until recently it's been unusual so people sometimes think stuff is more in your face than it really is.

But a lot of people don't know how to treat anything social justice related with tact and can't avoid forcing in an Aesop in a story that isn't about that sort of thing. Bad examples have it overtake a story or make the relationship only exist to show that Being Gay Is Alright rather than being a natural extension of the characters like straight relationships typically are in fiction. Too often they lack buildup like straight relationships get, they don't occur between characters that have known each other for a while and have had interactions that would make the audience actually cheer for it. It's just dropped on the reader out of nowhere, maybe even destroying the prospects of a better established relationship, and then the reader is asked to Just Accept It even though the reason they might not like it has more to do with them shipping one of the characters with someone they've known for much longer and shared more screentime with.

Is it too much to ask for the LGBT ships to have some romantic tension?
>>
I am so worried about the fall of comic book movies that I am having trouble enjoying them currently every time I watch one I think "is this the beginning of the end?"

I pray that Adam Warlock is in GotG2 and he's cool, because I am so sick of lying to people and saying Batman is my favorite character.
>>
>>78485033
Might be referring to that setup where the main character has two friends, one of the same and one of the opposite sex. Opposite sex friend is either a tomboy or a sensitive boy. Opposite sex friend is also a potential romantic interest. Thus, in fiction where the MC is a loser male, their opposite sex friend slash romantic interest is a tomboy.
>>
I despise comic adaptations of anything that wasn't originally a comic.
>>
>>78484657
I feel you bro, /co/ threads used to be like 70% comics/cartoons references and jokes, pretty fun place.

Now is more like:
>What is /co/ opinion of...
>What are/is some...
>Opinion
>Opinion
>Opinion
>ShitGeneral number#1431710
>Dank meme of /v/ or /tv/ thread

What happen to /co/?
>>
>>78485058
The line is drawn. Marxists have started the war. At least with stormfront you race will still exist in the wnd.
>>
>>78485214
>What happen to /co/?

/tv/ and /v/ posters who don't give a fuck about comics or cartoons being encouraged to stay here by the shit mods.
>>
>>78473256
This for me too. I tried a few /co/ recommended, but I can't really find something that holds my interest as much as big two shit.
>>
>>78473222
Digital?

Nice trips
>>
Harbinger is shit.
So is We can never go home.
>>
>>78484756
>4chan
>mean and cynical.
i think you have your answer
it was in you, all along
>>
File: strode.jpg (117 KB, 600x922) Image search: [Google]
strode.jpg
117 KB, 600x922
>>78485249
>>78473256
Isolate what you like in those cape comics and look for things similar in the indies.

That said people that like indies really like to smell their own farts about how good they are, when there's just as much shit cluttering up those as there is the big 2.

Check out pic related if you want something of a gateway away from capes.
>>
>>78474214
Agreed.

Also, Princess and the Frog>Tangled. Sorry, bitches.
>>
>>78473325
Oh hey /sug/. Nice bait.
>>
>>78484756
Are you serious?
if have been at least 4 years that we hate it, and kek feels so forced now.
same happen to owned and rolf, those shit is old so we don't care about them anymore.
>>
Comics have slowly been killing themselves ever since they moved to the direct market. An entire medium of entertainment and art became something just for nerds and geeks, worse some of the fandom seems proud of it
>>
I 100% don't give a shit if a character was originally was a Jew, Black, White, Asian, Brown, Straight, Gay, Bi or anything like that. Write the character good and don't force it.
>>
I prefer female leads to males
>>
File: shonen.jpg (313 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
shonen.jpg
313 KB, 500x710
If comics are going to survive I think they're going to need to swap to this format because I don't know a soul that buys singles anymore and I can't imagine why you would. At least this style would expose people to a more diverse cast of characters and maybe we could see them on newsstands.
>>
>>78485400
Is there a difference?
>>
>>78485570
Yes. Equal =/= identical
>>
>>78485570
Yeah.
>>
>>78485452
Do you know anybody that buys anthology comics?

2000AD, Heavy Metal, Dark Horse Presents, Island, do you know anybody that buys them?

Do *you* buy anthology comics such as 2000AD, HM, DHP or Island?
>>
>>78485204
What about David "Batman & Daredevil" Mazzucchelli's adaptation of City of Glass?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9udz227qf8w577e/City+of+Glass+%281994%29.cbr
>>
File: Kkn1U.jpg (420 KB, 1280x1979) Image search: [Google]
Kkn1U.jpg
420 KB, 1280x1979
I stopped reading comics about three years ago, and mostly abandoned /co/ for /tg/, but I still come by every now and then because I do occasionally like the discussion (and Toonami General).

I honestly only read comics for roughly a year, although I read about 12 to 16 titles a month during that time, and I ventured back to earlier runs and read them as well. I stopped for a number of reasons.

>Floppies are a terrible medium.
>>Shit lasting power.
>>A pain to store; boxes are fine, but they pile up quick.
>>They don't look good on a shelf.
>>Only about 10 to 20 minutes of entertainment, if that.
>>And all this for the absurd price of $4 an issue, which was something of a 50/50 split with the Big Two when I read, but has now become the standard, which is fucking ridiculous.
I have the goal of collecting omnibuses of my favorite runs; have the first of X-Factor (Investigations), for instance, and two of KotOR.
>Nothing matters. During the time I read, I maintained the mentality of canonical integrity as not worth considering, since so long as the stories themselves are good, who cares what comes after? I kept it for most of the time that I read, but it just got ridiculous. I think what killed it for me was Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy. That solidified that nothing mattered. Old cosmic ended on a fantastic note with Nova and Star-Lord's sacrifice, and while I knew that it wouldn't last, the absolute lack of dignity that Bendis handles the entirety of cosmic is just embarrassing.

>Marvel whoring out. I feel as though them doing this started roughly around the time I was reading, and while I know there was instances of this happening before, I'm talking about this particular set. It definitely seems to have gotten worse with All-New, All-Different, from what I've seen. I'm not against "diversity," since I'm not a /pol/-tard, but I have a huge problem with the way Marvel is doing it, and especially the REASON why they're doing it. Con't
>>
>>78485898
Sounds like pirating comics are right up your alley.
>>
>>78485898
>Nothing matters
Don't read never-ending franchise comics.
>whoring out
Don't read editor-controlled comics.

Comics are a medium. Treat them like one or fuck off.
>>
>>78485898
Move away from capeshit, holy fuck.
There are a fuckton of different kinds of comic.
Hell, there's a storytime right now about what the capital of North Korea is like.
>>
>>78485898
>Marvel's not inserting "diversity" into their comics because it's the "right thing to do" or to give non-white kids or girls or whatever heroes "like them" to look up to. They're doing it almost exclusively to get attention; and I get it, they're a company, they need to make money. But damn, with these methods, it's almost as if I can just HEAR a bunch of these guys saying, "We're cool with the minority and equal women thing," as if it's some kind of new concept. It's just so pathetic and handled so poorly.

I'm also just really tired of the superhero movies. It's weird. When I actually get around to watching them, I tend to enjoy them, even the ones /co/ generally seems to dislike (except Thor; that was definitely on the poor side). But it takes a lot of effort for me to actually get around to watching the recent superhero movies. The only reason I saw Ant-Man was for date material, and before that I saw Guardians of the Galaxy because they're my second-favorite team. Before that, I can't really remember what superhero movies I had seen in theaters.

It's like I said, when I watch them, I like them, but man am I sick of the numbers they're releasing in, and that number is only getting bigger. Not just with Marvel flooding the market, but with DC trying to play catch-up, the occasional independent title, as well as parodies. I'm just so burned-out by this point.

Personally, I theorize that the superhero industry is going to take a dive after the Avengers movies finish the building storyline with Thanos. I don't really have a justification for it. It just seems logical based on the ever-rising numbers of superhero movies releasing, that the MCU is currently the dominant force in superhero film market, and that that's the big thing it's building towards. The DCU might take it, I don't know, and it's probably just my pessimism talking, but like I said, I have no real evidence; it's just a theory.
>>
>>78485923
I did a little bit of that, too, but torrenting really isn't my thing.

>>78485944
>>78486023
You guys are just going to call me a faggot or something, but for the most part, I don't really care for reading comics outside of superheroes unless it's a tie-in like Star Wars. I can't really explain why, it's just not my thing. I appreciate comic books as an art form and what it can portray through visuals that a novel sometimes can't, but typically if I want to experience a story that isn't about superheroes, I prefer it through mediums that aren't comics.
>>
File: 1429692680902.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1429692680902.gif
957 KB, 500x418
I've always wanted to be an animator but due to holding myself back and thinking I'll never make anything of this holds me back from actually doing anything. So I have to force myself to just hold a pencil and practice drawing, but I think that over the years I've developed crippling depression and tell myself that I'm not good enough. I just want to make you guys proud and make original content that can inspire others to create their own work of art, but sadly I don't know if I have it in myself to make such a dream possible. Also I've been having a few drinks tonight and made myself sad. I love you all and hope for the best for you all.
>>
>>78486067
No, it's fine, if you don't like non-superhero comics then you shouldn't force yourself to read them.

Just do us all a favor and don't ever tell anyone that you were "into" comics or that you were a "fan" of comics, because you weren't. Comics are nothing to you. You were just using them to get your fix.
>>
>>78486109
Yeah, that's a better way to put it; I should've specified that it was primarily the Big Two. I also read the earlier Valiant titles when they were first coming out (Bloodshot, Harbingers, and Archer and Armstrong; I think I stopped before Quantum and Woody released, but I knew it was coming). Granted, still superhero stuff kinda, but I really enjoyed them. It helped that the continuity was very strong and didn't feel like they were as mired in bullshit as the Big Two. Unfortunately, I just kinda got bored of the medium as a whole. Talking about them has gotten me interested in maybe tracking down their trades now, though.
>>
>>78486171
Oh, right, completely forgot about X-O Manowar and Shadowman. Weird how I forgot the former, since it was my second favorite after Archer and Armstrong. I just remember being ambivalent about Shadowman.

That's a tangent, though.
>>
File: 1442244780977.png (18 KB, 200x246) Image search: [Google]
1442244780977.png
18 KB, 200x246
>>78484657
I came to realize this by the last Ghoul Thread we had on Christmas Eve.
Everyone was sad that we wouldn't have anymore until next October. However I recall someone proposing that we hold these threads monthly on every full moon, and everyone seemed to support it.
So in the last thread, I asked if we were still doing that and... out of fucking nowhere, everyone was suddenly against the idea! They said they didn't want to because they wanted to keep them "special" and apparently a monthly thread wouldn't be "special" enough!
The fuck is the shit!? So threads based on subjects I'm indifferent towards get a weekly schedule but the moment I'm interested in something, we are only aloud to have threads of them in October and December!?
It wasn’t even intended to be a holiday specific thing, the first ones we had were in summer! Why make it holiday specific now!? I was really looking forward to the monthly threads, only for that excitement to be shat on last minute!

You all disgust me! If I wasn't so helplessly addicted to this place, I'd stop coming here all together!
>>
>>78486622
/co/ has too many idea men that want everything to be an ongoing project and not enough producers (drawfags, writefags) that want to make shit for /co/. There also people that don't like threads being necrobumped by people wanting free art of their waifus. They tend to hate these "projects" that are nothing but "draw my obscure waifu" generals.
>>
File: JohnnyFedUp.gif (546 KB, 350x234) Image search: [Google]
JohnnyFedUp.gif
546 KB, 350x234
>>78486999
So it's official, /co/ can't be trusted with nice things!
>>
>>78473077
Force Awakens is getting by on nostalgia and Kylo Ren is an abortion of a villain

I could forgive the former but I am legit pissed since the latter is going to be the new face of evil for the franchise now.

Shit.
>>
>>78486090
Upload to a drawthread. If you've been practicing as often as you imply, you're likely a few steps up from deviantart, and even if they say you're shit, hey, you're on 4chan. It's not like you have a reputation to uphold here.
>>
>>78484373
>>78484452
Reminder to never listen to /co/ whenever they talk about video games.
>>
>>78487120
>nice things

We can't have nice things because of waifufags constantly making threads like the daily "Show me your harem" threads. Waifufags are the ones that keep the 24/7 generals up, make shitty OC projects based on their fetishes, and clog the drawthreads with reposts and shitposting about their waifu.
>>
>>78487230
Maybe if we just hate video games altogether like /v/. Will we be cool then?
Force Unleashed is a passable game. It's not worth paying for, but it wasn't exactly bad.
>>
>>78473077
It upsets me how King's Vision has gotten so much more attention when it's been his weakest work. And Sheriff of Babylon has gotten no attention from readers.
>>
>>78473077
i pirated the last wall e, good dinosaur and up
>>
>>78473211
> GotG butchered Ronan and fuck that "lets all hold hands and win through power of love" battle.

A lot of people agree about that one though.
>>
>>78473373
Yep, the quality dropped in the last two issues. But Vision's 2nd issue wasn't as great as the first either.
Either way, I think both are great.
>>
>>78473077
all generals should be banned and sent to /trash/
>>
>>78487277
hasn't king's vision been getting so little attention that marvel has to give it away?
>>
>>78473422

It makes perfect sense, for the longest time DC writing was story-driven while Marvel focused on character-driven stories. This has blurred somewhat over the years but its hard to shake loose decades of that status quo, the X-Men are coasting on character-driven stories from back in the 80s.
>>
>>78487958
Yeah. And they're giving away issues because they want to get him on contract.
>>
>>78473570
Saved
>>
>>78487277
Only one issue so far, give it a bit of time.
>>
>>78487992
How long is Sheriff of Babylon going to be?
Vertigo hasn't really been getting much attention since ages though. So I doubt Sheriff of Babylon will be.
>>
>>78488003
Eight issues, I believe it's the only new Vertigo series that has a set amount of issues as Survivor's Club as an example doesn't list it as a mini.

Outside of ads in the back of DC titles or other Vertigo titles, I really haven't seen any of them advertised but I guess that's DC's marketing team just being terrible as usual.
>>
>>78475028
I enjoyed TFA a lot more. Even though I don't care for Kylo (he wasn't imposing), I think they did more meaningful work with him they did with Ultron (who didn't end up being a threat anyway). There's also a more coherent plot and it isn't overstuffed with characters. Also characters aren't shit tier like quipsilver and "I'm a monster" Scar Jo.

TFA is slightly overrated and AoU is probably hated on too much. They're both mostly unimaginative but enjoyable, TFA retread a lot of plot beats and AoU's climax was worse than avengers one, which also featured a killswitch.
>>
I liked superior spider-man, but I think it's vastly overrated by people who claim "the best spidey run in the last 5 years".

I will concede that the superior costume is hella fly though.
>>
>>78486622
Kind of funny. Rule 63 threads are more and more common and they are some of the most productive and comfiesr threads on this board
>>
>>78483757
Scott Pilgrim is full of gays, but never felt hamfistied, its obviously a kink of the author instead of politics
>>
>>78484063
You can always start writting.

There are so mich webcomics that are mediocry but have large followings. Just find an artist, a lot of people just start writting when they are old. Saramago was more than 40 when he started.
>>
Garth Ennis is the GOAT comic book writer and The Boys is his best work
>>
>>78485124
>you gotta accept that people will often be "revealed" as LGBT because sexuall orientation isn't typically established first thing,

I think this is an issue as well, where a lot of times, a character being gay is used as a last minute reveal. It seems to be a hard thing to balance no matter how you do it.
>>
>>78488216
The guy is surprisingly SJW despite the stuff he writes
>>
>>78488024
Where do you want to see them advertised? In the back of Dark Horse comics?
>>
>Age of Ultron was a better movie over the first one

>I want hand-drawn animation to make a return to mainstream movies

>Pixar and Disney are stale boring companies that, since 2010, keep rehashing ideas and people eat it up as 'original' and is slowly killing mainstream animation

>I'm getting real sick of super hero movies and the general audience that keep over-hyping them
>>
File: 1451111939453.jpg (8 KB, 224x189) Image search: [Google]
1451111939453.jpg
8 KB, 224x189
>>78473077
How we save /co/ from becoming /tv/ 2.0, and make it be love again?
>>
>>78485452
Marvel was supposedly going to release anthology collections. What the fuck happened to them?
>>
>>78487239
You wouldn't listen to /v/ about comic books, would you?
>>
>>78488315
Irrelevant. I wouldn't listen to /v/ about video games.
>>
>>78488293
Report not only shitposters, but also people who fall for bait.
>>
I'm 23 and I still prefer ice cream cake to regular cake
>>
>>78488347
To further your point, shitposters haven't ruined the board, it's the people that reply to them despite the same weak bait being used.
>>
I wish people would say SW: TFA instead of TFA on /co/. I keep assuming they are talking about Transformers Animated.
>>
>>78488038
Wait, people liked Spock?

I dropped it when he completely erased his memory. Completely fucked what Remender was doing with that duality.
>>
I don't care for superhero comics and I can't do serialized weekly shit since I'm too lazy to catch up unless it's online for free or it's a new IP
Gravity Falls sucks
I've learned to stop being a massive anti-SJW after realizing "hey, what's the point in this? I'm just giving more attention to the stupid people.". Now I just follow aritsts I like and don't dabble in any them vs us shit.
I like Natasha Allegri's art outside of Bee and Puppycat
I say I'm a fan of animation even though I can't be bothered to check out anything because I'm lazy/not interested in a certain show due to my own unfair judgments. If anything I listen to music more than anything else
On top of that, it genuinely dissapoints me how little well known internet animators know of animation or speak of animated movies/shows outside of the technical aspects. Mainly the Sleepycabin guys, because while I like their work, they genuinely seem uneducated or can't be bothered to check out new shows that they may like and bash them because of their nostalgia
I hate H3H3 and I want their cancerous fanbase to die (speaking as a former fan)
>>
>>78488409
>Wait, people liked Spock?
People like it when generally bad people do good things in their own way.
>>
>>78488152

Wallace is legit cool as fuck!
>>
>>78488038
this is a fucking trace-over of a screenshot of the first spider-man
>>
>>78473077
I liked ASM2 better than Winter Soldier
>>
>>78473077
I legitimately believe Steven Universe is underrated. Obviously in this sense I'm not just referring to /co/
>>
I think One Man Punch is genius.
>>
File: winston.png (392 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
winston.png
392 KB, 600x333
>>78488216
>>
>>78485797
As a digital only newfag, I don't buy anthologies. I also don't buy singles. All I'm interested in are reasonably sized volumes or, ideally, complete stories. Anything that I can buy and think "Wow I am glad I spent money to read this story." Capeshit is harder to get into because of this, whether that's perception or reality. Indieshit caters to my comic-buying preferences by providing the whole thing in one to five books.
>>
>>78488227
Yeah, it's tough. There's a real desire to depict gay characters in fiction more naturally, but IRL you don't know if someone's gay unless they tell you or you see them doing gay shit. Coming out is still something of a reveal even outside of fiction, sexual orientation just doesn't come up that often. Like >>78488152 says, Scott Pilgrim pulls it off naturally because it's treated casually. Some characters are LGBT and otherwise they act like literally every other character - but that's also a highly sexual story about romance and relationships where it's inevitable that sexual orientation is going to come up. Not all fiction can casually introduce characters as gay like Scott Pilgrim can.
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.