[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Kamala Khan could work out as a villain somewhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 1447735003207.jpg (59 KB, 620x496) Image search: [Google]
1447735003207.jpg
59 KB, 620x496
Do you think Kamala Khan could work out as a villain somewhere down the line?

How would you go about writing a heel-turn for her?
>>
>>78471248
b-but she is a muslim?
so she is a villain already.
>>
>>78471248
>muslim
>villain

yeah, that will happen
>>
>>78471248
Everyone in MARVEL is a villain at some point.

She'll probably be such a paragon that her obsession with "justice" will blind her from what is truly right.
>>
File: cuteness transcends everything.png (239 KB, 800x851) Image search: [Google]
cuteness transcends everything.png
239 KB, 800x851
>>78471261
Cute girls can't be villain anon, no matter their religion or skin color.
>>
She's a Second Gen Paki Muslim who's on the outs with the religion already. Thinking the Muslim thing will continue to matter with her is foolish.
>>
I would make her really distrusted of the superheroes class by realizing that every other heroes are actually a bunch of selfish assholes (according to her). Kamala would become overly protective of her city, refusing the help of any other powered beings. Going as far as resorting to violence to be sure to remain the only hero of her city. But, she wouldn't actively look for trouble outside her city.
It could go as far as she's spending more time in making sure there's no other heroes in her city than in fighting actual crimes.
>>
>>78471348
>no other heroes in her city than in fighting actual crimes.
So she'd become Batman? Obsessed with her city and distrustful of others?
>>
>>78471248
Something puts her at odds with the inhumans and she tries to take out black bolt.
>>
>>78471369
Batman is still willing to work with others and forming teams (Justice League, Batman Inc, The Outsiders) and still kinda lets other heroes work in his city. I would imagine this Kamala as being not as tolerant. While Batman could deal with another hero patrolling Gotham (as long as he/she proves his competence), Kamala would prefer to put them down permanently, lethally or not.

That's how I would write her as a villain anyway.
>>
>>78471248
She ends up living at the tower of wisdom studying under Karnak. His nihilistic teachings lead her to villainy.
>>
She joins ISIS.
>>
>>78471248
IT would be commercial suicide if Marvel did that since all anyone would think is "muslim bad guy"

>Everyone in MARVEL is a villain at some point.
only the important guys COUGHEVILREEDCOUGHTONYSTARKCOUGHTURKISHSPIDERMAN
>>
>>78471248
>Do you think Kamala Khan could work out as a villain somewhere down the line?
You fucking cisscum, only the evil patriarch and their false Arian Christian God image can be villains.
>>
>>78471301
bullshit. her outside might be cute, but her inside is rotten
>>
>>78471248
she should turn atheist. There's a growing trend of muslims, especially pakistanis, quitting islam. Only reason most people don't hear of is because they're just loud enough to get the attention of radicals and murdered before they can make enough noise to be noticed by everyone else
>>
File: MH Think.jpg (116 KB, 454x313) Image search: [Google]
MH Think.jpg
116 KB, 454x313
>>78471767
I don't understand how you can be atheist when you live a world where literal gods show themselves. I get you don't' need to worship them but not believing?
>>
>>78471248
bruno cucking her so hard she snaps and tries to kill everyone
him banging carol would probably do that
>>
>>78471934
ask all the former muslims in pakistan that would blog about it and get murdered by lynchmobs?
>>
>>78471614
Wouldn't it be discriminatory to not make her a villain because of her race or religion? Wouldn't making her a villain without considering those things be the epitome of equality?
>>
>>78471934
There aren't really gods in Marvel; Thor's just a space alien.
>>
>>78472044
Maria Le Penn almost got jail time for saying "jews are bad". Imagine how many class action lawsuits marvel could face hypothetically if they made one of their most upbeat, perky, characteristically alturistic characters who happened to be a muslim evil?
>>
>>78471934
I figure it depends on what kind of religion you follow. If you follow the Abrahamic religions it'd be easier because Jesus, Moses, or Mohammed haven't been flying around with the Avengers saving the world and having quaint cookouts afterwards.
>>
>>78471248
she's not a villain?
>>
New name: Mistress Marvel
>>
>>78472198
Jews are a uniquely protected class in Europe. Muslims in America have no such protection.
>>
>>78471248
She shoots Kitty Pride
>>
>>78473833
so that's how civil war 2 starts?
>>
File: 1427168789772.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1427168789772.gif
470 KB, 200x200
>>78471941
>Bruno bangs Carol
Why are all you niggas wanting to see Kam suffer, huh?
>>
File: 1370253346649.jpg (135 KB, 807x861) Image search: [Google]
1370253346649.jpg
135 KB, 807x861
>>78471304
yeah those young muslims always bail on their religion
>>
>>78474570

It depends. I knew a couple middle eastern guys in college (we had a fucking HUGE population of middle eastern students for our engineering degree programs) who stopped giving a shit about religious observance by the time we'd graduated.
>>
>>78474277
misery builds character
and a possessive king kong freak out born of the dissonance she experiences between the control over things that her powers afford her and the lack of control over people and her own life she still experiences despite that compounded with the simultaneous perceived betrayal from both her best, oldest friend and her idol is something that is incredibly human and also would make for an interesting story
>>
>>78471248

She's young and still somewhat uncertain. I could see her falling under the umbrella of a charismatic villain who makes good arguments in a Civil War-type scenario.
>>
>>78474685
shes way to stubborn for that
shed probably punch him in the face even if he did make perfect sense, cause its something she knows she has to do
>>
It would probably just be a stupid teenage rebellion thing triggered by something fairly petty.
>>
It would be extremely out of character for her to become villainous and I don't think it would work at all

Meaning it's probably gonna happen at some point and it will be even worse than expected
>>
>>78471248
Not all Muslims are evil, you racist scum.
>>
File: IKZNA.png (111 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
IKZNA.png
111 KB, 320x240
>>78471934
You have more reason not to believe.

For example, what stops say wonder man from dressing up like Thor and getting a fancy tech hammer to emulate lighting abilties? Or random muscle guy #234324 from pretending to be Hercules? Elixer from X-men could pretend to be Jesus born again with his healing bit and reality warpers pretty much are gods.

Even without knowing>>78472082
there is no reason what so ever to not just assume its another superhero theme.
>>
File: 1413728941160.png (13 KB, 744x615) Image search: [Google]
1413728941160.png
13 KB, 744x615
>>78471934
>gods exist
>implying I'm suddenly obligated to worship them
Yeah, unless those fucks start paying my bills, they can all kiss my ass.
>>
>>78476147
>individuals becoming spokespersons for their entire race/ideology
>because of this there are certain roles barred for certain characters for fear of being seen discriminating
>so you discriminate

What should be your train of thinking is Kamala is just not a villain by her nature, any story that has her be villainous would be extremely forced.
>>
>>78471248
>How would you go about writing a heel-turn for her?

She beheads those who insult Islam.
>>
Make Captain Marvel evil and take her as apprentice, slowly corrupting her by showing her the hypocrisies and failings of superheroics and that the work must be molded by the strong into their ideal one.
>>
>>78472198
There's a difference between making assumptions about an entire group of people, and allowing a person to be themselves despite their what groups they may be a part of.

One of those is called discrimination.
>>
File: carolashit.jpg (228 KB, 600x986) Image search: [Google]
carolashit.jpg
228 KB, 600x986
>>78471248

She hangs out too much with Carol and ends up becoming like her.
>>
>>78476294
>>78476532
Did you not see the outrage about the Batgirl book where the villain was a cross dresser?
>>
File: 1451172686349.png (680 KB, 1281x655) Image search: [Google]
1451172686349.png
680 KB, 1281x655
>>78476532
That's right, goyim.
>>
Can someone post the "what would miles morales spiderman do/ he hits a cop" meme pic for me? I want to taunt the Marvel Puzzle Quest Facebook page
>>
File: AFORCE2_COMIXOLOGY_FINAL1.jpg (321 KB, 390x600) Image search: [Google]
AFORCE2_COMIXOLOGY_FINAL1.jpg
321 KB, 390x600
>>78476565
Lockjaw hasn't forgotten.
>>
>>78476671
the new testament also says it's okay to deceive heathens for the sake of convincing them to convert
>>
>>78476756
>The cat was put there so people not in the know would assume he is the problem

Sneaky deaky.
>>
>>78476602
That's my point m8, people are fucking retarded and can't unsee every individual as a representative of a whole movement, race or ideology.
It goes both ways, if you say a cross dresser can't be a villain because that is saying all cross dressers are villains then you are in the name of being more politically correct being more discriminating.
Also why hasn't there been this reaction to Rocky Horror?
>>
>>78471248
She CAN'T. The liberals would lynch the writers.
>>
>>78476272
That's not atheist that's non-religious
>>
>>78476873
they tried. people replied 'fuck off, you weren't there, you have no idea how important it was for us to see a character wholeheartedly embrace queerness for once'
>>
>>78476915
it's gnostic atheism.
>>
>>78477014
Rocky Horror and to a great extent the entire Gay community is just one long coopting of Oscar WIldes style and mannerisms.
>>
>>78476906
Usually it was never liberals doing the lynchings.
>>
>>78476825
Christianity won. Jews and muslims are still minority. They want to deceit christians. Nice try.
>>
>>78471248
That would be racist.
>>
>>78471606
>second generation Muslim from a middle class family
Would definitely happen.
>>
I'd either do it the long way, or the easy way.

The best heel turns involve betrayal.
I'd have her partner up with an equal - someone as strong and as cute as her, without being identical to her.
They need to develop a rapport, so I'd have to make them stick together for a decent-sized run. At the same time, I'd set a wedge above them - something that Kamala needs more than anything else in the world. And at the right time, I'd drop the wedge, tear them apart, and make Kamala turn as hard as possible. Really twist the knife and leave the other person for dead, whether Kamala gets what she wants or not.

The easiest heel turns involve throwing an object into a crowd.
Steel chairs work, but Marvel uses all sorts of things - enchanted hammers, shields, swords, celestial corpses, etc. I could just use one of those.

Either one would probably be fine, I think. Kamala's American, after all - even when they do heel-ish things, the story still treats them like they're on the side of the angels, and that's all critics would care about.

>>78471748
Even a fujoshi can be good by default.
>>
>>78471248
I don'r know who she could play villain for.
maybe if she got her old powers back. Right now she isn't a threat to anyone except Kaboom. The only avenger that wouldn't destroy her is Falcap. She is hilariously out matched by the Inhumans, Iso, crystal,Karnak, reader, would end her easily. Black Bolt could beat an entire planet of Kamalas.
>>
>>78477452
>Black Bolt could beat an entire planet of Kamalas.
I'd read that. Is it too early to do another "Planet" story?
>>
>>78477517
When was the last one?
>>
>>78477452
Right now Kamala is very much a street level hero, the thugs and low ranked villains are what she can handle. She doesn't have the powers for much else, and even more so, she doesn't have the experience for much else. She's a teenager, and I think she's written very well as a teenager. If you want her to be a villain you need to pit her against a character much like herself.

Maybe Miles?
>>
>>78471248
>heel-turn
Kafirs
>>
>>78477687
I guess that could work. She would still need her full power and a way to not get one-shotted by venom blast.
>>
>>78471248
>center of controversy is the rise of the Inhuman population
>some people are pushing to expose Inhumans so they don't randomly get powered from freak releases of Terrigen Mist
>Kamala believes that doing so will allow people to become who they really are like how becoming Ms. Marvel did for her
>helps convince Medusa that it's the right thing to because of how well it turned out for her
>a test clinic is create in New Jersey to test it out with Kamala as the poster girl
>everything is going well so far until the cocoons begin to hatch
>one new Inhuman looses control of their powers and erupts himself/a gasline/whatever
>many people die in the epicenter and the Terrigen Mist held there spreads and poisons many humans
>the public put a lot of blame on Kamala but FalcCap and Medusa try to calm her down
>she becomes increasingly confused and distressed over what she helped cause
>loses controls of her powers and her looks are warped horrifically out of view
>spirals into depression and runs away
>makes a whole edgy speech about that becoming Inhuman still let her become who she really was
>becomes basically Penance 2.0 but without needing pain to activate what powers she can control
>gets manipulated into becoming a villain/anti-hero by some rogue bands of Inhumans or what have you
>it builds into the Civil War 2 event that was announced a while back
>>
>>78471248
No. She's too cute to be a villain.
>>
>>78477784
I'll be honest, I don't know anything about Miles or his powers. I only picked him because, typically Spider-Man is best with street level villains, and he's a teenager and at this future point, would have been a former team mate for her.

I would read a comic based around a villain trying to deal with the same "normal people" issues though.
>>
File: 1448230323238.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448230323238.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>78471248
But anon, muslims are eternally peaceful people who could never harm another living being.
>>
>>78477841
>I would read a comic based around a villain trying to deal with the same "normal people" issues though
Have you read The Superior foes of spider-man?
>>
>>78477898
I've been meaning to, since it is pretty much exactly what I described. I've just never gotten around to really looking for it.
>>
>>78477591
I think it was “Planet of the Symbiotes,” in Bendis' GOTG.
>>
>>78478067
That ended this January, I think.
>>
>>78477809
There are many cute villains, I'll have you know
>>
>>78476602

It wasn't *just* that the villain was a cross-dresser, it's that the villain was a prissy little bitch who had the explicit intention of deceiving men who would find him attractive. That hits on a lot of negative stereotypes.

It also came across as a betrayal because the comic had earned a lot of brownie points due to Batgirl's transwoman friend. In fact, the presence of that friend might have even allowed them to skate by on Dagger Type, except that the new writing team had pretty much dumped her with their first comic (they tried to lessen the damage by giving Alysia a speaking role in that comic, but it wasn't enough).

So it wasn't just a crossdresser villain, it was a crossdressing villain whose villany was directly tied into crossdressing stereotypes and who seemed to almost deliberately bury the previously positive portrayal of trans people. In Ms. Marvel terms, it would be the difference between Kamala jacking some old lady's purse, and Kamala suicide bombing a crowded synagogue.

Of course, even if Alysia had been Barbara's very visible friend in the previous issues, and Dagger Type had been your generic "hardass mercenary criminal" archetype just wearing Batgirl's cowl for the security cameras and not otherwise a sissy at all, then there still would have been controversy. But it wouldn't have been nearly so widespread or vocal.
>>
>>78476825
No it doesn't, Chaim.
>>
File: cute3.png (1 MB, 765x765) Image search: [Google]
cute3.png
1 MB, 765x765
>>78477809
>implying you can be too cute for villainy
>>
>>78479790
>So it wasn't just a crossdresser villain, it was a crossdressing villain whose villany was directly tied into crossdressing stereotypes and who seemed to almost deliberately bury the previously positive portrayal of trans people.

Who cares, faggot?
>>
>>78471248
She's so kawaii

Are there any other kawaii comic book characters?
>>
She is going to hook up with Dr. Doom.
>>
>>78480258
I have no idea what you just posted, but it definitely isn't cute.
>>
Is it possible for a villain to be cute and awkward?
>>
File: 1396288966530.png (197 KB, 393x460) Image search: [Google]
1396288966530.png
197 KB, 393x460
>>78480359

Can you please not do this, we're trying to have a discussion here.
>>
File: 1423189256482.jpg (9 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1423189256482.jpg
9 KB, 400x250
>>78477885
>>
Durka Durka mohammed jihad
>>
>>78471248
Hell no, I'd rather see Carol as aviain. It would suit her better anyway.
>>
>>78471304
Her main writer and creator is a Muslim, not gonna happen.
>>
>>78476915
There is the difference between atheism and anti-theism.
Atheism is the state of not believing any such thing as gods exist. Anti-theism is the state of being opposed to gods and the worship thereof.
Agnosticism is the state of not knowing something and allowing for the beliefs one holds to be potentially wrong.
Agnostic atheists believe there to be no god but do not claim certainty.
Agnostic theists believe there is a god but admit they might be wrong.
Agnostic anti-theists would oppose religious worship although cannot claim certainty of their beliefs.
>>
>>78471248
Start with her becoming disillusioned with superheroing and retiring. After a while she falls on hard times and gets desperate enough to use her power for petty crime. Nothing big and no one really gets hurt. She realizes how easy it is and tries to go bigger, but ends up almost getting caught and has to completely drop out of her civilian life because of it. She has to turn to supervillian contacts to set up a new identity, all the while questioning what she's doing. At a pivotal moment she sees news of the heroes doing something stupid, kind of evil, and most likely event-related which convinces her that the heroes are a shit and she might as well do whatever she wants as long as she isn't actually hurting anyone. Ends up as an anti-villain who steals from anyone who can afford it but still helps civilians when there's a chance.
>>
>>78481826
So she becomes a parasite like her brother?
>>
>>78481957
More of a delicious brown Catwoman.
>>
>>78482134
Have her disembiggen and live as the Grey Mouse.
>>
Body-switch with Kaboom
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
>>78471248
Well now, that's easy, teenagers are desperate for something above all else.
Peace of Mind, the goal of all mankind. Who would turn that down knowing the alternative could be their death? That's just more anxiety.
>>
>>78481706
Agnosticism is the belief truth is inherently unknowable, not being a wishy-washy fence rider
>>
>>78476272
Thor saves midguard every 2nd day of the week
>fuck you boss, you havent taken my shaft to the taint in the last 5 minutes pls go GODS PLS GO

being this retarded should be a crime
>>
>>78471248

Well, the notion of a "Good Muslim" is a fraudulent one to start with, so she could work as a villain quite easily

She was only created to pander to the "Muh diversity" crowd so they can be praised for how progressive they are.

Kamala exists so Marvel can stroke their own egos.
>>
>>78471301

That can be easily fixed with just one horriffic disfiguring accident
>>
>>78485972

If anything, to stroke Sana Amanat's ego specifically. The character is almost a self-insert.

And to say there is no good Muslim is a rather hard to maintain position.
Unless you are willing to condemn the most famous boxer ever.
>>
>>78487250
>Sana Amanat
I wonder if she got mad at how stereotypical Dust was so hence Kamala is MUH MUSLIM 2.0
>>
>>78487250

If by "good" you mean our Western understanding of the term, then you are merely referring to people that have made the sane choice to ignore the genocidal imperatives of their faith. Something that, in fact, makes them "bad" Muslims by that religion's own reckoning.
>>
>>78476825

Nope! Even under threat of death, especially under threat is speaking the truth encouraged.

We are allowed to not be mean, blunt, or insulting in how we say it though.
>>
She already is a villain. She's a Muslim after all.
>>
>>78487250
Both Tyson and Ali are dickheads
>>
>>78474570
Kamala can because she knows her family is physically incapable of murdering her for apostasy.
>>
Umm, no...
>>
>>78487949
>If by "good" you mean our Western understanding of the term, then you are merely referring to people that have made the sane choice to ignore the genocidal imperatives of their faith. Something that, in fact, makes them "bad" Muslims by that religion's own reckoning.

Ah, yes. Like sane human beings.
So pretty much like all Christians who do not reject wealth while waiting for the world to end and all Jews who are not procreating like rabbits so they can outnumber the Canaanites?
>>
>>78471248

She becomes religious, obviously.

She'll be the one called "Kaboom" after that.
>>
>>78471248
She unironically joins the Inhuman terrorist movement.
>>
>>78487974
And going by the New Testament we are allowed to majorly drop the mic on Roman authorities.
>Luke 23:3 So Pilate asked him, "Are you the king of the Jews?" Jesus replied, "You have said it."
>>
>>78476671
Forcing your meme didn't work in /pol/, so now you're trying it here?
>>
>>78471248
Something happens to her parents/family she ends up moving to attilan. Giving us a her being a superhero in a community of superhumans, she gets from from the inhumans who don't get the idea of a superhero and don't like hybrids like herself. Eventually she lashes out.
>>
>>78488952
>Kamala leaving Jersey
nah, that's half the reason they made her.
>>
>>78489011
It is?
>not living in new york
>>
>>78489060
wrong one
>>
>>78489060
Way less forced than Whor/Chore/whoever-the-fuck, and it's a "What-If?"
>>
File: 1447623332729.jpg (278 KB, 1265x801) Image search: [Google]
1447623332729.jpg
278 KB, 1265x801
>>
>>78489060
>>78489070
Yes, they clearly wanted a different setting for the character, and the creator even said that Kamala being from Jersey is a big part of her, she's proud to be from Jersey City.
>>
>>78489070
Oh man I would eat at Burger Hell every fucking day. I don't even give a shit if I got obese and diabetes.
>>
>>78489070
That second one is my favorite one-off gag in the series.
>>
>>78471248

AHULULALA SNACKBAR!
>>
>>78488593
Jesus kept wealth and nice things for himself, though. For Christians, most everything that came before Christ is thrown out. That's kind of the point of it.
>>
>>78489070
>daredevil playing darts
kek
>>
File: 1447622869861.png (285 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447622869861.png
285 KB, 500x500
>>78489119
>Being proud of being from Jersey
That girl ain't right in the head
>>
>>78489137
Aloha crowbar
>>
>>78489160
Allah-kazam!
>>
>>78471248
She already is a villain for not covering her hair and wearing tight clothes. She will face punishment in hell and in the grave after her death.
>>
>>78489284
Honestly, Muslims (as in care what their religion says they should be doing rather than avoiding beheading by calling themselves Muslims) would be perfectly fine with Kamila because she's a perfect method of infiltration. She's 'Muslim' in a totally harmless WESTERN VALUE SAFE way, and she's adorably endearing to boot. They'd figure she's allowed because it makes westerners think maybe Islam isn't so bad after all.

Muslims are allowed, by declaration of their holy book, to do absolutely anything to further the cause of Islam. Even if that means committing the highest sins of their religion possible. Cause it's literally not wrong as long as it's for the sake of making more Muslims or eliminating enemies of Islam. .
>>
>>78489394
But that's wrong. Sure you could lie to save yourself and to save your loved ones but allowed to do anything to further the cause is absolutely wrong. You literally can't do that.
>>
>>78489394
It is a good thing then thatall Muslims always agree what the cause of Islam is and what it calls for.
Much like Christians. Oh wait.
>>
>>78489421
>You literally can't do that.
Just like you're literally not allowed to lie about the fact you're allowed to lie to further Islam, Muslim-san.

Oh wait.
>>
>>78489157
Lots o' crazy people out there Anon
>>
>>78489284
that's all to do with the interpretation of scripture. People have argued that the verses call for modesty in regards to culture. In that contexy Kamala's clothing is generally very modest, compared to other super heroes and even normal people.
>>
>>78471248
She's a Muslim super with a power set that can be easily modified for exploding and rape. You do the math, OP.
>>
>>78489495
She's too young to be wearing sexy tights anyway.
>>
>>78489611
isn't is a swim suit?
>>
I find the lack of cute in this thread disturbing. DISTURBING!
>>
>>78489692
The first design was.
What she got later is a specifically made costume.
I think she got it from Attilan.
>>
>>78489148
>he's gotten three bulleyes
>>
>>78489774
but...
doesn't it look exactly the same?

Is a baseball cap no longer a baseball cap because some inhuman made it?
>>
>>78489495
What you need to understand that her clothes is very modest when compared to western standards which doesn't say much.
>>
>>78489858
And? You just repeated exactly what I said? Was there a point to your post?
>>
>>78489954
Not all super heroes are westerners.
>>
>>78490012
and what does that have to do with an American teenager in America?
>>
>>78489812
It is a vast improvement upon the first design, which was just her old burkini rubbed with some goop Bruno cooked up to allow her to change size in it.
This looks similar, but is emblazoned with the lightning, can now be dipped into water not problem and probably has the standard positive traits you would expect from such stuff.
>>
>>78489774

She probably keeps multiple costumes. Did she ever make reference to Bruno's solution not working when wet after she got that costume? Because I figure anything she got from Attilan would be unstable molecules or whatever and wouldn't need Bruno's goo.
>>
>>78490036
She's supposed to be muslim first then american.
>>
>>78490082
Part of her character is trying to find and understand a balance between what she wants to do and what she believes she has to do, just like every super hero, just like every other character in fiction. There's just some religion thrown in. Like every other religion there's different interpretations for the scriptures, what exactly is meant by dressing "modestly" can be interpreted to mean damn near anything.
>>
>>78487949
>If by "good" you mean our Western understanding of the term, then you are merely referring to people that have made the sane choice to ignore the genocidal imperatives of their faith.

People used to say the same thing about Christians, you know.
>>
>>78471934
Being on a power scale that most supers cant match =/= God just a being on a power scale most supers cant match though often they proclaim themselves as gods and maybe they believe it.
B comparatively all powerful for long enough and you can basically claim whatever you want and smite anyone who says otherwise.

But they are NOT gods, actual gods are on a whole other level for an understanding of this concept the Lucifer comics really hits it home although somewhat subtly.

Ever wonder why every time Luci gets brought up in a who would win thread everyone just silently knows well yah of course hed win.
>>
>>78474277
Shes boring she needs some drama.

Cute only gets you so far so long, its not a substitute for a well written character.
>>
>>78471248
Easy peasy
Someone confronts her with the verses of the sword from the Quran and ask how can she not support ISIS if Allah says to kill infidels.
>>
>>78490617
And she would throw some other verses right back.
>>
>>78490695
And then it would build into a whole rap battle
>>
>>78471248
She's a SJW created character and with the amount of political correctness surrounding Muslims, that's just grounds for tumblr death threats. So no.
>>
>>78490712
Until they get blown out of the water by Loki's monster summons as they start a round singing the praise of their master.
>>
>>78490058
Her first design was just the burkini with a mask and a fanny-pack. No logo on it. She later redesigned it into her current look and applied the goop. The Inhumans then made her an identical-looking spare.
>>
>>78471248
>From Superman to reading about a "hero" muslim
>>
File: 640px-FrankConniff.jpg (47 KB, 640x575) Image search: [Google]
640px-FrankConniff.jpg
47 KB, 640x575
>mfw I know several nice Muslims
Sorry you guys have only met the shitty ones, but I honestly don't get the whole REMOVE KEBAB bullshit
>>78480577
Volcana was a pretty good example of that in Secret Wars 1
>>
>>78492639
>I've met a couple of Muslims who have been westernized
>That means the majority of Muslims all over the world are ever so wonderful and kind and sweet and peaceful
>>
>>78492779
news flash, most people in the world just want to get on with their lives.
>>
>>78492803
News flash, most people in the world want the world to revolve around their lives. That includes you whether you want to believe it or not.
>>
>>78492779
Well, most will probably be kinda nice people within the context of their society.
Other than that, how would they stand to be around each other?
Da'ish has caused millions to run away from their asshole ways.
I have personally met nice and friendly Communists, Muslims, Protestants, Catholics, Capitalists, Anarchists...
Just because you have a bad idea doesn't mean you are a terrible person.
>>
File: killingaborigines.jpg (23 KB, 394x230) Image search: [Google]
killingaborigines.jpg
23 KB, 394x230
>>78477885
It was actually Europeans. :D
>>
>>78471248
What the most hacklazy backstory for a female villain? Why rape, of course
Kamala is publicly raped by a well-established hero under mindcontrol
Written by Bendis
>>
>>78490308
But can he win against Madara Uchiha?
>>
>>78492883
Based on what? Your idiotic narcissism?
>>
>>78492891
Oddly, the only groups that have been 100% cunts in my personal observation have been Gypsies and Objectivists.
>>
File: 1444231622337.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1444231622337.png
40 KB, 152x254
Potential lesbian lovers for Kamala's fanfic fantasies:
>Carol
>Nakia
>Medusa
>Kaboom
>>
File: eztimmqhiewiuk9eusod.png (1 MB, 800x733) Image search: [Google]
eztimmqhiewiuk9eusod.png
1 MB, 800x733
>>78493290
>not Gwenpool
>>
File: 1444536250130.jpg (108 KB, 467x524) Image search: [Google]
1444536250130.jpg
108 KB, 467x524
>>78493443
Dammit, you're right! I forgot all about Gurihiru...
>>
>>78488893
>information is a meme now.
>>
>>78493115
>one civilization builds cities, brings modern medicine, and helps you develop your country

>the other still eats each other

I WONDER WHICH ONE I WOULD RATHER HAVE.
>>
>>78493631
If that were the criteria, the whole world would have bent the knee to Rome.
>>
File: Guan_Yu_(ROTK).png (4 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
Guan_Yu_(ROTK).png
4 KB, 96x96
>>78493631
Are you seriously justifying the slaughter of countless people based on some principle of ethnic superiority?

And if you think all aboriginal groups were cannibals{or for that matter, the majority of them were} then you're beyond retarded.
>>
>>78493716
>principle of ethnic superiority
>principle
>most indigenous people hadn't even invented the wheel when the Europeans found them

At what point does a principle become a fact, senpai?
>>
>>78471248
Its too early for her to have a heel turn. Give the character a few more years to build a rogues gallery and supporting cast.

That said, what I'd do is have her close off Jersey City to be her own little paradise. Kamala's darker side is that she's a bit isolationist, she thinks other heroes are fuck ups because bad guys punch holes in walls. Basically a 'why don't you put the world in a bottle, Superman?' situation.
>>
>>78493631
>one civilization builds cities, brings modern medicine, and helps you develop your country
>implying that wasn't the work of different civilizations cooperating.
Without China, Europe would've never gotten off the ground.
>>
File: 7987897.png (92 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
7987897.png
92 KB, 300x300
>>78493794
That's actually not true at all. There is only one concrete example of the Roman Empire getting out to China and that was after both civilizations were well established.

Rome got Europe off the ground; the Crusades forged it; the Renaissance molded it. There were outside factors, yes, but the civilization is purely European in nature and design that was not replicated anywhere else in the world.

Meanwhile, sub-Saharan Africa was at the crossroads of an entire continent, mixing thousands of distinct cultures and groups, and yet the people there never got past the pointed stick and walking.
>>
>>78493755
Well, given the absolute mess that NYC is always in due to having so many superheroes and supervillains fighting in it, she probably would not want her city to end up the same way.
>>
File: 1279912909185.jpg (14 KB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
1279912909185.jpg
14 KB, 237x240
>>78494980
So you're saying that she wouldn't want Jersey City to become a crime-ridden, destroyed hell hole full of violence and evil?
>>
>>78495090
I'm saying that she would want it to be HER hellhole, that she can deal with on her own time and ability without having to fight off 50 other heroes just to stop one mugger.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 620x387
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-teen-austrian-poster-girl-reportedly-beaten-death-trying-leave-raqqa-1530343

like this, except she takes over.
>>
>>78493543
It's retarded because it's pushing a laughably idiotic agenda. Muslim's can lie just like everyone else in the world does.That doesn't mean that's the reason any of them become violent. Lying to further the cause of Islam doesn't mean it's necessarily violent,

>>78493749
Probably because a good number of those civilizations didn't NEED the wheel? Mind you, a lot of technologies such as certain medicines, ideology and cigars were made by aboriginals before the European's came.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/06/29/10-native-inventions-and-innovations-changed-world-155541?page=0%2C1

Hell, aspects of America's constitution were literally based off of aboriginal ideology:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/05/18/american-history-myths-debunked-no-native-influence-founding-fathers-113702

As for cities... a lot of them had built pretty impressive structures such as Chichen Itza, Ek Balam and even the Nazca Lines if you want to count those.
>>78493911
Ironic how you boast about the originality of Rome's empire when many facets of it were ripped off from Greek models. Their entire pantheon was literally a rip off of Greece's, for example. Not to mention that many Roman's adopted beliefs from the Zoroastrian Persians and ancient Egyptian beliefs.

That said, China has had a ton of influence in Europe. Whether or not China contacted Rome{which the Chinese almost did at one point in history} is ultimately irrelevant.

http://www.battle-of-qurman.com.cn/literature/Ledderose-ChinaEurope-1991.pdf
here's a good article about Chinese influences on Europe..

As for the Africans, what part of sub-Sahara Africa are you even talking about? Many people in western and northern Africa had guns.{which many of them ironically obtained from the slave traded} and they weren't nearly as mixed as the Europeans were historically speaking given that they've adopted aspects from aboriginal, Islamic and oriental cultures not present in those nations.
>>
>>78495524
*Didn't mean to say there were no Islamic influences in Sub-Saharan Africa, but I do think you might argue that Islamic influence there was different than what it was in Europe.
>>
There is an Islamic terrorist attack, followed by Islamophobic attacks on Muslims in the city. Kamala loses one of her family members in an attack, which changes her views on the world.
>>
>>78495579
Also meant to refer to the Europeans when I listed those influences, just to clear up any possible confusion.
>>
>>78495524
>those civilzations didn't NEED the wheel

look i get it...you hate whitey. You know? Just fuck white people. I get it. Everything they've ever done...stolen from brown people. We all know it's true. It's just that brown people are all too benevolent to have went out an made something of the world and it's resources. I get it, we're monsters...probably from another dimension or something here to destroy the earth. That's fine. I've come to terms with this.

but take a moment and just really think about the regressive, apologist, faggy liberalness of what you have just said here.
>>
>>78495921
If it weren't for wheels acting as a crutch, then we'd have working hoverjets by now. This is a fact.
>>
>>78495921
>I don't have any facts to back up my argument so I'm going to strawman you
>>
>>78476272
did you not even read the post?
>>
File: topoftheshelf.jpg (17 KB, 231x267) Image search: [Google]
topoftheshelf.jpg
17 KB, 231x267
>>78496000
>asks for facts
>facts about wheels

nigger, the ones on your short-but go round n' round. I can tell you that much.
>>
>>78471248
No.
Marvel needs to stop making every hero also a villain, every villain morally gray.
>>
>>78471301
Why is her nose bleeding?
>>
>>78496633
Because she's gay.
>>
File: Danny Trejo323.jpg (31 KB, 540x616) Image search: [Google]
Danny Trejo323.jpg
31 KB, 540x616
>>78496534
Well, lets look at the facts as to why they didn't need the wheel.

They still invented pottery, had notable bronze workings before the Spanish conquests and built structures just as if not more impressive than what the Europeans made. Clearly they weren't "shit dumb" savages as you seem to imply.

So why didn't they invent the wheel? Well, there isn't a definitive answer but we can definitely assume a huge reason for that is they didn't have any draft animals to really support it, therefore there was no demand for them. Not only that, but they had a huge system of on foot messengers who were quite efficient and many of these people weren't exactly seeking and their form of armor was more efficient at warfare in the region than what the Europeans had,

You have to acknowledge WHY the wheel was made and what was driving them. The Europeans didn't create motor vehicles the second the wheel was created so therefore they relied on animals such as horses and goats to move their wheelbarrows and chariots.

Why would the natives need the wheel for something that would not benefit them in any way given there was nothing that would actually drive wheel like inventions? There were some small artifacts and such uncovered in Andean ruins showing these people knew how to build the wheel so clearly it was an issue of necessity rather than idiocy.

See? I did research and proved you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>78496599
Ugh... This is so true. Also, the only villains that are still pure villains are the utterly-pathetic ones like Paste Pot Pete.
>>
>>78497551
*weren't exactly seeking alternative methods for this

my bad, needed to correct myself.
>>
>>78497555
Recent issues of Deadpool were showing Trapster to be a decent, bro-tier guy who wasn't big on killing.

Though I seem to recall another appearance recently where he seemed very murderous, but I can't remember where it was.
>>
>>78497551
http://www.zoesaadia.com/real-smart-folks-but-no-wheel/

Also, a good source for what I said.
>>
>>78497619
Whether he kills or not, he's still very firmly rooted in the mindset of being a villain. No moral-ambiguity in his case.
>>
>>78471248
Did you not see the panel when she found out about Mike?
That's a textbook villain origin, she already turned heel
>>
>>78497798
There's a big difference between robbing banks and murdering people.
>>
She becomes addicted to infidel meat
>>
Odds of them making Ms. Marvel gay? Anyone? I'm calling 75%
>>
>>78499494
4%, might happen under a different writer
at most they'll give her a villain with very blatant homolust for her
>>
>>78500072
There is but one choice.
>>
>>78474570
Thankfully, otherwise the Earth would be even more fucked.
>>
No character is too innocent
>>
>>78500147
Karla hasn't given a crap about Ms. or Captain Marvel for years now. She's since gone back to being a D-list supervillain (and occasional Thunderbolt) mainly used for filler scenes.
>>
>>78494980
Yes, I'm saying if you want to make her a heel, take a positive trait and ramp it up until it becomes negative.
>>
>>78471248
is her series actually worth reading or is it full of tumblr bullshit?

I'd like to read it but I'm also a racist so I'd rather to know whether or not I'd be wasting my time with this series beforehand
>>
>>78501092
The vast majority of the "I'm a Muslim" is limited to the first three issues. After that, it's more "I'm a superhero fangirl" as her main character trait.
>>
>>78493716
At least yuropoors bury their dead
>>
Why are converts to Islam such freaks?
>>
>>78472082
That's the movies only
>>
>>78471248
She develops the power to blow herself up and re-form.
>>
>>78501092
pass on it.you have a bigger chance of liking gotham academy
>>
>>78501092
It's fun and cute, if that's up your alley they give it a shot
>>
>>78501092
You will be delighted that her family is viewing the whole race mixing thing with suspicion.
Other than that, she is an internet nerd girl of 16 years, the tone is light and she makes terrible references that age like milk.
Much like I did at that age. And ever since. I'm shit...
Anyway, the characters are lovingly developed, Kamala has actual family- and social life, and they are very deftly threading the needle here in terms of tackling a Pakistani family, their culture and religion without slipping into propaganda or demonization.
Kamala's brother is a real traditionalist, calling himself a fundy once. He is the most negative Muslim depiction and a dick sometimes, but at other times he's really an okay guy.
The rest is mostly really nice people. If you have a problem with that, you should stay away and believe that your religion decides wherther you can be an okay person.
>>
>>78471304
Her dad and brother will honor-kill the shit out of her.
>>
>>78501426
The father is too Americanized to care about that, and the brother only uses his faith as an excuse to not get a job.
>>
>>78501397
T-1000-style reforming, perhaps?
>>
>>78501426
Her brother doesn't give enough of a shit to get a job.
Think he would be able to dredge up enough care to kill his sister?
And Yussuf is a fucking chai-sipping softy.
He won't kill nobody even if he thought that was okay or in order.
>>
>>78501467
He genuinely is religious as fuck.
He's just also lazy as the eyes of my math teacher.
And right now he wants to go down on his new Somali flame, though. Which means wedding. And soon because if you are not fucking before, those things tend to become very urgent all of a sudden.
>>
>>78501602
>He genuinely is religious as fuck.
Of course he would be. Gotta be able to observe it to the letter in order to find religious excuses to not work (like refusing to work at banks because usury is not allowed).
>>
>>78501668
Of course.
But he is not pretending. Well, not to others.
Maybe to himself.
But his choice of spouse says much about him.
>His sister is a meme-spouting nerdy fangirl.
>His wife-to-be knocks out Dune references
He is obviously a man of some class, trying to teach his sister the classics that way.
>>
>>78471248
If she fell under the Purple Man's control I would jerk my dick straight off my body
>>
>>78501802
Can Kamala even be put under mind-control? Shapeshifters tend to be difficult to mentally affect.
>>
>>78501860
Has not been attempted, so hard to know.
But mindcontrol is always cheese.
You always get the same plots out of that.
>>
File: lor.jpg (77 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
lor.jpg
77 KB, 500x293
>>78480538
Well she can be when her face isn't in gross-mode.

Speaking of which, has Kacey or any of Thrashs' henchmen show up ever again? I picked up Inhumans a while ago and I really dig Lash and his squad.
>>
>>78471369
Thats more like daredevil
>>
>>78502567
Lash is going to be in spider 2099 in February. He might bring them with him.
>>
>>78493543

That is in fact literally what a meme is in its basest form.
>>
>>78495921

If you don't know how to perform damage control, just drop out of the thread. You're Anonymous, you don't need to cling to your sinking ship.
>>
>>78499193
The Birth of Cuckmala
>>
>>78503565
>>78499193
only if mike and bruno stay together.

you know it's not going to happen, the LI for a super has only one of two fates.
Either constant "will they or won't they", or death.
>>
File: CUTE.png (223 KB, 800x851) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.png
223 KB, 800x851
>>78471301
>>
>there are people on /co/ who unironically defend the most violent cult on earth

They literally worship a marauding pedophile rapist, and emulate his behavior every chance they're able.

Why would anyone defend that.
>>
>>78471248
she joins ISIS
>>
>>78495524
are you telling me that Australian aborigines build fucking cities. Fuck off man the only important culture ruined by the Europeans was the Aztecs.
>>
>>78495524
>technologies such as certain medicines, ideology and cigars
>ideology
>technologies
>>
>>78488123
Murder finds a way.
>>
>>78501467
Ok, maybe not dad, but not getting a job is what hardcore muslims do. Have you seen Europe? The most rabid refuse to work, insisting on getting their welfare money as Jizya.
>>
>>78471248
Why would you do that? Do you get off to teens turning evil? Do teenagers scare you? Are you terrified by the idea of heroic youth and need to validate your fear by writing shit where they get killed or turn evil? Do you get hard when doing so?
Who are you, OP? Dennis Hopeless?
>>
File: Gora.jpg (2 MB, 1988x1528) Image search: [Google]
Gora.jpg
2 MB, 1988x1528
>>78501417
>You will be delighted that her family is viewing the whole race mixing thing with suspicion.
That's one of the little things that make Ms. Marvel a great read.

Also, Bruno NTRing Kamala with a landwhale... I don't know for whom I should feel bad for.
>>
>>78506187
>paki heritage
kek
>>
>>78503565
>biblically together
>>
nah
>>
File: Shave Cream.png (36 KB, 319x585) Image search: [Google]
Shave Cream.png
36 KB, 319x585
>>78493290
>>78493443
>>78493500
Found another one for Kamala's harem: Tyesha (her brother's geeky Somali gf).
>>
>>78511233
I wonder if she manages to turn that guy around on his fundie trip.
>Aamir, honey, I'm fine with you keeping up appearances here, but I ain't buying no car without a test drive. Now drop that caftan.
>>
>>78512216
>Aamir wanting to stay pure
>Somali Harlot taints him
>>
Tyesha's not a Somali name as far I know.

Pretty sure. She's something else.
>>
>>78512846
>Aamir bitches about it to the imam
>Imam facepalms
>"WHAT KIND OF MAN ARE YOU?!"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.