[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: thermodynamics.jpg (14 KB, 318x230) Image search: [Google]
thermodynamics.jpg
14 KB, 318x230
"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
>>
>>78469778
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>78469845
It was a joke that Lisa made something incredibly useful and he shut her down the same way as any other thing.
>>
>>78469845
I don't get it.
>>
>>78469845
I believe one of the laws of thermodynamics states you can't have a perpetual motion. The law thermodynamics states that perpetual motion machine are Impossible due to the fact that energy is lost somewhere in the machine from heat or friction. The joke is that Lisa created an impossible machine hence why Homer said.
>>
>>78469876
The joke was that Lisa made something impossible, and Homer, who is an idiot, correctly points out why.
>>
>>78469916
But it avoiding having any friction or heat waste product
>>
Its funny because Homer is the last person on the show you would think about bringing up Thermodynamics
>>
>>78469994
He does work in a nuclear power plant, there's probably some overlap there. Maybe. Kind of? I'd bet on i and feel reasonably secure.
>>
>>78469965
It has both. Friction from the spring, rotating gear, and the pendulum. The heat is from the lightbulb. Energy is being wasted there and eventually the machine will run out. But again this is a cartoon so it's just a physics joke
>>
>>78469965
Parts are clearly touching each other while moving, producing friction, there is a light bulb that produces both light and heat, and there is going to be friction with the air around the machine since it's not in a vacuum.
>>
The key to perpetual motion lies in what your scientists call "dark matter." You won't be able to work with it for another 200 years unaided.
>>
>>78469933
The joke was that Homer has no ability to recognise the most serious threat to his children's education is the intransigence of the local voting population when confronted with the realities of the choice between moderate cost increases with associate tax rises to pay for them and lagging increasingly far behind the rest of the G4, G8, G20 and so on while blithely adhering to market-dominated cost-based fallacies as a system of political discourse.

If he were able to conceive of this in the macroeconomic terms it should be framed in, he'd understand that not only has this hurt the education of his children but his own as well, and indeed, is responsible for more than half a century of stagnation in average household earnings in the US, which runs counter to the mantra that big business encourages economic growth and general prosperity and indeed counter to the idea that all forms of labor protection are anti-market and anti-american; had he understood that, he'd understand that his own ability to laze around on the couch or in bed, gorging himself on cheap food and drinking himself to death without bankrupting his family is only granted by centuries of labor organization to obtain certain rights - indeed, were it not for organized labor, he wouldn't even get sundays off work to bitch about having to go to church.
>>
>>78470204
Then aid us instead of fucking around on 4chan, nigger. I swear, you aliens are even worse than mudslimes.
>>
>>78470228
brontupisto
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.