[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Clone Wars cartoon was better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: star wars clone wars.png (358 KB, 618x309) Image search: [Google]
star wars clone wars.png
358 KB, 618x309
Which Clone Wars cartoon was better?
>>
>>78468918
>>
First one, though both were good.
>>
the one that didn't exist exclusively to promote action figures
>>
I prefer the 2d one because it treated Grievous with some respect and let him be scary rather than a robotic rage monsters that even the Gungans can beat
>>
Genndy is a better actin cartoon but also emphasises a lot of the problems the prequels had, at least action and story wise. This is usually overshadowed by the shows own style, like the Mace Windu fight, Durge or Grevious going nuts. It compliments the series CG series quite well though, as it shows Anakin becoming a Knight, how he got his scar and introduces Asajj.
Genndy Wars is the fairytale OT-era parents and grandparents would tell their kids about Jedi and the Clone Wars before they went to bed.

The CG series has an advantage of actually telling stories that are more than just simple battles, its longer run times and 6 seasons easily allow for it. Because of its length it also has far more bad episodes than Genndy Wars does. It also humanized the Clones to an insane level as opposed to having them just be fleshy droids, with the advantage of being treated as almost film level of imortance while it was being made due to Georges direct involvement. Its overarching continuity also allowed the show to explore more than just the Jedi and give us a peek at more of the universe.
CG Wars is the stories old Clone vets tell each other about while they drink away their sorrows.

>>78470484
Both then?
Because Asajj and Durge are exactly that for Genndy Wars.

>>78470508
You mean like how he was portrayed in the films? Genndy gave him too much credability.
>>
>>78468918
CGI is not cartoon, fuck that shit
>>
They both had their pros and cons, but my vote goes to the second series.
>>
Both are pretty fantastic, although the second takes a season to really get good.
It was great to see something really take advantage of the prequel era.
>>
CW>TCW

CW was just 2 hours of action and simple development. TCW, on the other hand, was a longer running series and had a more inconsistent ratio of quality.
>>
>>78468918
TCW, that series had some of the best arcs in a cartoon show and the clones in that show were superb.
>>
CW was all about the action but even then the action was kind of unsatisfying, that whole "one slash of a lightsaber blows up 20 tanks and 100 droids" and it gets old very quickly. Maybe it's just me but I'm not into that kind of stuff at all.

TCW, alongside having a longer runtime that allows for more developed characters and plots. has better action too I think. I'm watching through it for the first time and Landing at Point Rain was amazing and I think I liked it better than all of CW's action scenes.

CW does have a great Grievous but that's about the only thing I think it did very well.
>>
>>78468918
they're both pretty meh
>>
Currently I am watching the one on the left

The animation is fucking trash but the writing is premium so I can compromise.

I still call bullshit Dooku willingly got kidnapped by fucking pirates almost as much as I believe Dooku let 2 young Jedi trash Grevious's war palace because he lacks faith in his abilities.
>>
Genndy Wars was better as a whole show due to being shorter and much more focused. TCW had some very strong high points but also had a very slow first two seasons for the most part, and even after that had some mediocre to downright boring episodes and arcs at times.
>>
Both have their ups and downs like >>78470648
mentions and both make more use of the Prequel Era material than the films ever did. If there had to be something I'd recommend to people to watch from Prequel Era shit (besides a couple games like KOTOR) it'd be these two series.
>>
>>78470648
>You mean like how he was portrayed in the films? Genndy gave him too much credability.
In the films he was confirmed for changing the tide of the war, going straight to the enemy capital to capture their leader, and having a collection of lightsabers from jedi he had called. The film dropped the ball by giving him a really unimpressive fight but the new clone wars had a chance of finding a new balance between Genndy and EpIII. They had the opportunity to show why he had a reputation but they made him even more of a bumbling saturday morning cartoon villain.
>>
>>78468918
CW is a better movie, TCW is a better show
>>
>>78468918

One on the left is coke and the one on the right is weed.
>>
File: 1396291143006.jpg (30 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1396291143006.jpg
30 KB, 555x644
>>78468918
Apples and oranges.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.