[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the worst thing Bendis has ever written? Or has he gone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 34
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14 KB, 182x277
Is this the worst thing Bendis has ever written? Or has he gone even lower?
>>
Last will and testament of Charles Xavier is worse.
>>
>>78468688
Nah, it really isn't.
>>
>>78468731
No, it is.
>>8 months building up reveal.
>>It's nothing
>>Arc undone with Time Travel.
>>They kill a guy who was the victim and act like he was bad.
>>
>>78468519
Moon Knight

literally the entire first issue is dedicated to pissing all over everything the few fans the character had actually liked, repeatedly mis-stating the medical facts relating to the various problems MK has, and double-page spreads and splash pages covered in shitty bubbles

plus it had that horrible scratchy collage art that looked like something you'd expect to repeat your first year of design for producing as a "completed" project

is it the worst? maybe, if not, it's certainly a contender

killed the character's fanbase completely in 6 issues, limped on to a horrible death because he'd already been paid for the script and the art was done and he cannot tell a fucking story

at least with his Spider-Woman series it was killed off as soon as it didn't sell, so even though it was totally disjointed crap with no hook and no characterisation and no real plot (other than the same old shit we'd all moved past caring about long before), it at least had the good graces to fuck off
>>
>>78469042
his entire Uncanny run was the worst piece of shit he ever wrote. Gillen's volume 2 was great and left off with such a great promise of Cyclops's revolution and Bendis did NOTHING with it. Literally anyone would have written a better story with that set up.
>>
>>78469042
That you somehow think that's even remotely comparable to the final arc meant to end 15 years of fantastic storytelling and celebrate one of the most influential and defining lines in comics of the 00s with a BIG. FAT. FART. just shows how fucking delusional you x-fags are.
>>
Did Ultimate Peter show up in this? The only secret wars I've read so far is Spider Island.
>>
>>78468731
I still think it is.
>>78469083
>don't worry, Bendis is fan of Cyclops
>>
>>78468519
I think Old Man Logan might have been slightly worse, mainly because it would have taken so little effort to make it readable, but it still made little to no sense within its own story.
>>
>>78469091

No, Bendis lied.
>>
>>78469091

Ultimate Peter is still dead.
>>
>>78469139
Spidey died
>>
>>78469091
I imagine in Bendis's head canon, like Earth 2 Supes and Lois, he and MJ were transported into some bubble universe where they'll be safe forever (until an Infinite Crisis equivalent happens).
>>
>>78469058

And yet retards still get excited every-time a Bendis + Maleev project is on the horizon.
>>
To be fair the Ultimate Universe has been dead for a long time already
>>
Was Bendis the one who wrote the Thanos Imperative follow up that completely missed what actually happened in the Thanos Imperative?
>>
>>78469191
I cried
>>
>>78468519
How did this even end? I couldn't make it through issue 2.
>>
>>78469304

We all did. It was when Ultimate Marvel effectively died, for real.
>>
>>78469319

Miles had snuck inside the life raft of the Maker so he remembers everything. The telepaths showed everybody what was inside his head so now all the heroes from both worlds realized what had happened and then Magik teleported them all out to a safehouse, and I think they then went off to fight Doom in the Final Battle or something.

Really, it was pretty pointless.
>>
>>78469319
5 2-page spreads of the same faces slowing blinking out, then Miles wakes up in the 616 and his mom is alive. I guess she was dead? I never read Bendis' spider-dreck.
>>
>>78469294
Fortunately I think that can be salvaged by another writer saying Pete lied about his story and what happened in the cancerverse.
>>
>>78469356
>I guess she was dead?
Judging by other anons, she was.
And she looks like Kitty Pryde.
>>
>>78469422
>and she looks like Kitty Pryde.
Shocking.
>>
File: Ultimate End (2015) 005-021.jpg (2 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate End (2015) 005-021.jpg
2 MB, 3975x3056
First Miles' mom is up his ass because he dared to sleep in on a Sat.
>>
File: Ultimate End (2015) 005-022.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate End (2015) 005-022.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>78469477

Look!! Is Bombshell, Ganke, and Negro-With-Glasses
>>
>>78469422
I wouldn't necessarily put that on Bendis, Bagley is limited as an artist.
>>
File: Ultimate End (2015) 005-023.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate End (2015) 005-023.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>78469491

So Ultimate Miles is now, and always has been, 616 Miles.

This also makes Bendis' previous 25 or whatever shit issues completely irrelevant.
>>
>>78469477
isn't his mom supposed to be mexican? Did Bendis really change her to white because of his obsession with white women getting fucked by blacks?
>>
>>78469491
>all those characters
>we save three guys who are friends with Miles
>>
>>78469477
Jesus Christ
>>
I liked how the variant cover of the first issue was literally a drawing of Bendis doing a mic drop. Like this shit show was something to be proud of.
>>
>>78469523
To be fair you can hardly blame Bendis for that, that's just the way Secret Wars was always going to shake out.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 182x278) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 182x278
>>78469555

This might be my most hated cover of all time.

First of all, Bendis is 200% fatter than that.

And second, he's one of the worst Ultimate writers.
>>
>>78469555
>something to be proud of
In his little world it is. And all his white knights just lap it up and keep feeding the ego.
>>
>>78469579
>worst
Unfortunately, not even close.
>>
>>78469555
>BENDIS DROPS THE MIC IN NEW SKOTTIE YOUNG "ULTIMATE END" VARIANT
>On May 20, it will be the beginning of the end for the Ultimate Universe as we know it. But before Marvel Comics' "Secret Wars: Ultimate End" series lets universe architects Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley wrap the world they created 15 years ago, artist Skottie Young is celebrating the writer's contributions with a new variant cover that just appeared on Reddit.
>"What you're going to get a sense of from here on out is that these are not tie-ins in the traditional sense," Bendis recently explained to CBR. "These are very important pieces of the Marvel Universe and for these characters. The tie-ins themselves are actually an event unto themselves. This would be it's own event if there wasn't a 'Secret Wars.' These are gigantic stories and very important, and what comes out the other side is going to be different. These series are setting you up and letting you know what pieces are coming out the other side. That's what I think this first storyline represents. Look how big this is; this is the end of something gigantic we've been working on for 15 years... This isn't the craziest thing that's going to happen.
Bless shillcentral that is CBR.
>>
File: 1400617953595.gif (3 MB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
1400617953595.gif
3 MB, 580x326
>>78469523
>Mysterio is dead
>Ult. Pete is dead
>Ult. Jess is dead
>The Spider-Men cliffhanger remains permanently unresolved. Just like Bendis' entire Ultimate Spider-man run
>>
>>78469620

Loeb and Humphries were worse, but Bendis is a close third.
>>
>>78469491
Is that really bombshell?
>>
>>78469639
Eh, Mysterio probably got restored along with everyone else.
>>
>>78469365
You're right, but that's not going to happen. I don't think anyone at Marvel knows what Thanos Imperative is
>>
>>78469653
He really wasn't. Bendis was, hands down, one of the best Ultimate writers no matter how much your little hate meme insists you pretend otherwise.

Kirkman was worse. Carey was worse. Austen was worse. Wood was worse. Zimmerman was worse. Pokaski was worse.

The only ones that were better than Bendis were Millar (and even then, only the first half, Ultimate Avengers is worse than anything Bendis did in Ultimate sans Ultimate End and maybe Doomsday), Ellis, Hickman, and maybe Fiaklov.
>>
>>78470108
> Austen was worse

Austin only wrote 2 solid issues of Ultimate X-Men.

It seems like you're the one that's fallen for the memes friend ;)
>>
>>78470138
And those two issues were awful just like most of Ultimate X-men
>>
>>78468519
Probably. Either this or Age of Ultron.
>>
>>78470171
I think I'll have to stick with this being the worst, since Age of Ultron was self-contained and ultimately pointless. It was shit, but it didn't amount too anything.
>>
>>78470138
>Gambit has an abusive father just like every other Austen guy
We get it Chuck, you hate your dad.
>>
>>78470171
I nominate Age of Ultron because at that point, no one cared about the Ultimates anymore.
Age of Ultron was supposed to be this planned "big bad event" that would "shake the marvel universe forever". The premisse and the main bad guy are avengers, but the two protagonists are fucking Wolverine and Invisible Woman in a boring and trite time travellng adventure that barely has any Ultron on it.
>>
it basically is.

>spends multiple issues getting nowhere
>punisher goes off the deep end for no logical reason
>none of the charaters act logically
>moment miles enters he is the center of the whole comic

worst of all this though?
>the same two page spread is reused and slightly edited over and over and over during a climatic battle

PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAID 3.99 FOR THIS.
>>
>>78470478
What If issues were good, though. Except that issue with Spidey and Wolverine and terrible art.
>>
>>78470219
>It was shit, but it didn't amount too anything.

Age of Ultron was just a long-ass excuse (it ended up with "we broke time!!!1!") for Marvel to introduce Angela, and to be able to retcon shit randomly. It was the equivalent of Superboy Prime retcon punching the DC universe.

It was also around the point when I started dropping capeshit.
>>
>>78469544

>that
>White

Argentina plz go.
>>
>>78470515
>3.99
Jokes on you: THE LAST ISSUE WAS 4.99 BECAUSE OF ALL THE EXTRA PAGES THE 5 DOUBLE PAGE SPREADS OF PEOPLE FADING OUT REQUIRED.

YES I'M MAD
>>
>>78469090
At this point Ultimate was already dead. Ultimatum you can quite justifiably argue was the worst thing Loeb wrote for the reasons you gave, Bendis had nothing left to kill at this point.
>>
File: super stare.png (94 KB, 359x507) Image search: [Google]
super stare.png
94 KB, 359x507
>>78469242
But Earth 2 Superman and Lois died.
>>
>>78469639
Do we know which Punisher survived, if any?
>>
File: Avengers-Zone-000.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
Avengers-Zone-000.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1968
>>78468519
Ultimate End at least had a point. His Avenger's Assemble was the worst book I've ever read.
>>
>>78470642
Except the Ultimate Spider-man continued being good even after Ultimatum, and Hickman and Fiaklov's works, which were among the best things to come out of the universe, happened after Ultimatum. I'd also argue that post-Ultimatum Ultimate X-men is better than large chunks of pre-Ultimatum Ultimate X-men.

Ultimatum was definitely fucking horrible, and honestly worse than Ultimate End, but the thing is that while, yes, there was nothing left for Bendis to "kill" this should have been a celebration of the universe. For all its dark points, the Ultimate Universe should have ended on a high point, not... this. It's sad that Secret Wars #1 is a significantly better send-off for the universe than Ultimate End if only for Iron Man 6 appearing.
>>
>>78470671
616. The only Ultimate characters that survived as far as we know are:
>Ganke
>Jefferson
>Miles
>Bombshell
>The Maker
>Miles' black friend (Judge?)

Along with:
>Ultimate Thor's hammer (now imbued with the worthiness requirement thanks to Doom)
>The Triskellion
>>
File: superiorHero.png (1 MB, 676x1026) Image search: [Google]
superiorHero.png
1 MB, 676x1026
>>78468519

> That whiny please don't all fight please don't fight it was d d Doom let's go get him ending by Miles
> The way it tried to describe the universe reboot without describing anything
> Still no explanation but Miles wakes up in his bedroom after the reboot and his mom is white and his daddy is still black.
> mfw racemixing in your face once again
> Yeah nice one, Bendis

It was pretty bad.
>>
>>78469090
>Ultimate
>fantastic storytelling
Oh, it is to laugh
>>
File: thor seen some shit.png (336 KB, 523x358) Image search: [Google]
thor seen some shit.png
336 KB, 523x358
>>78470823
>>Ultimate Thor's hammer (now imbued with the worthiness requirement thanks to Doom)
But wasn't Ultimate Mjolnir a tech-based hammer?
>>
>>78470895
Doom cares not for your logic.
>>
>>78470918
Hence why he is a failed god that will eventually lose his godhood again.
>>
>>78469491
>Judge survived
It pissed me off to no end. This is a character whose only purpose was to pop in and out within the same page after missing for a few issues. Everytime. He did nothing to push the story and is nothing of value. He wasn't even a close friend to Miles like Ganke. Waste of space.
>>
>>78470895
Doom turned it into a regular ass mjolnir. So basically it's just regular mjolnir, except looks like the tech-based hammer.

Pretty high chance that Odinson is going to be getting it, so they can have both Jane and Thor running around with mjolnirs, while keeping Odinson's axe-wielding look going.
>>
>>78470892
His mom was always white-hispanic.
>>
>>78470996
I can guarantee it's going to become Jane's hammer
>>
>>78470987
But Miles needs a token black friend!
>>
>>78471043
I feel the same way about UFF Mk. 2 under Fialkov

>saddled with the worst art the series has had since Land
>Fialkov only wrote 5 out of the 6 issues
>rushed ending that crushes together what was obviously long game material
>negated by Hickman's A/NA run somewhat
>>
>>78469477
Since when Kitty Pryde become a mom? did she cucked starlord?
>>
>>78470987
>>78471080
To be fair that's Bendis' fault, the fact Ganke is as developed as he is is a fucking miracle.
I'm sure somewhere in Bendis' deluded brain he thinks he made Judge a memorable and beloved character.
>>78469477
>Strict
>Life is a Gift
>Cross
Oh dear lord, 616 Rio is a Christfag!
>>
>>78471080
What is Goldballs?
>>
>USM is one the best, most consistent runs in superhero comics for 13 years and 160 issues
>Miles's ill-fated run completely implodes in four years despite being propped up by two relaunches

It amuses me how badly this failed, but it's little solace for losing such a great series.
>>
>>78471121
I still wonder if Fialkov's "health problems" were legit or just made up, considering he never worked for Marvel ever since.
>>
File: hackman gets told.jpg (200 KB, 547x868) Image search: [Google]
hackman gets told.jpg
200 KB, 547x868
>>78471121
>>negated by Hickman's A/NA run somewhat
I'd blame the editors for not telling Fialkov what Hickman's long-running plans for Ultimate Reed were. Unless not even Hickman knew at the time of course.
>>
>>78471206
I wonder too.
He clearly was a big UFF fan so if they were made up...shit must have riled him hard.
Which was a shame because he wrote the best Ult. Reed in years.
And I mean back to roots Ult. Reed.

>>78471211
That too.
I think that he would have been able to make that work.
He understood Ult. Reed's core of "pragmatic but ultimately moral" that no one else has ever really captured since Ellis.
>>
File: Lana1.jpg (76 KB, 608x899) Image search: [Google]
Lana1.jpg
76 KB, 608x899
>>78470823
>Bombshell survived

Well, at least they managed to hold on to something good.
>>
File: mango silencer.jpg (806 KB, 1249x1920) Image search: [Google]
mango silencer.jpg
806 KB, 1249x1920
>>78471299
Doubt her boyfriend made it though.
>>
>>78471354
Additionally add Fiffe to the list of Ultimate writers significantly worse than Bendis. >>78470108
>>
File: eat the damn watermelon.jpg (176 KB, 1114x574) Image search: [Google]
eat the damn watermelon.jpg
176 KB, 1114x574
>>78471354
So that is where this edit is from.
>>
>>78471354
>Doubt her boyfriend made it though.

I'll be her new boyfriend if she wants.
>>
I dunno about you guys, but I feel like it's my civic duty to write an Amazon review to warn people away from this book.

I mean if I don't, it's gonna get four-stars from people who just liked the binding, and disinterested parents who think it's good because it kept their kids quiet for a half-hour.
>>
>>78470823

Oh good. Basically everyone Miles knows survived. That'll be a nice way to sidestep the guilt of his entire world dying.
>>
>>78469579
That's amazingly arrogant
>>
>>78471154
Latino?
>>
>>78471211
According to Brevoort, Fiaklov was doing the incursion/ult reed stuff without consulting with Hickman/Brevoort at all, and Brevoort told him and his editor that he had to reign it in because it would get in the way of what they were doing.
>>
>>78471490
>rein in UFF multiversal adventures
I mean, I see the point because Hickman's run ran on the idea of the last second reveal, but it sounded like a good way to go about things.

Sucks that Fialkov probably should have done a Last Days mini for the Ult. Universe.
>>
>>78469319
Miles shows up, telepaths read his mind and show it to everyone, then they fight the Thors (even though at this time in SW the Thors are now against Doom, but Bendis doesn't care about continuity)
>>
>>78470987
Same. Why couldn't fucking Jessica Drew survive instead?!?!
>>
>>78470658
Well he said "Until an Infinite Crisis equivalent happens". E2 Superman and Lois didn't die till they did Infinite Crisis.
>>
>>78472812
Why couldn't we get Scarlet Spiders ongoing, with same team from Spider-Verse tie-in?
>>
>>78470823
>>78471461
Also Miles' mom is alive again.
>>
>>78469058
I liked his Spider Woman stuff, was some of the best written stuff she ever had. Which isn't saying much
>>
>>78471017

Yeah but she was dead, now she's back for even more racemixing fun.
>>
>>78471476
Same difference.
>>
>>78471171
Relatively few comic book things make me irate, but this has bothered me to no end.

>Peter's interesting post-Ultimatum plot-lines (Aunt May's halfway house for teen heroes, SHIELD training by Cap, Tony & Thor) were set up and abruptly yanked away.

>The completely derivative forced death story which people inexplicably praised.

>The introduction of Miles, a new Spider-Man hyped and marketed solely based on their race.

>New Spider-Man possesses very little personality or charisma, inherits the supporting cast of the previous including Jessica Drew, a potentially interesting character pretty much stating "you have to be Spider-Man because I'm just a girl".

>Series meanders and gets unnaturally involved in crossovers and large events, marketed hard and propped up by two relaunches.

>Ultimate universe dies and everyone agrees that Miles was the only new idea worth saving.

In the original run, the reader gets immersed in the Ultimate universe because it gradually builds up around Peter, who serves as a lens for the reader.

Miles's world is backwards, the entirety of the UU was thrust on him at once, so he had no space to evolve organically as a character.

I feel bad for readers who had Miles as their introduction to comics, because Marvel used race as marketing tool in lieu of well thought-out storytelling. Bendis is infuriatingly out-of-touch, but his psychic retcon of Iceman's sexuality is still the worst example of this.

But that's just like my opinion, man.
>>
>>78473011
Instead we get Web Warriors yay.
>>
>>78473987
I know, right?
Well, maybe we'll get Scarlet Spiders in second wave of #1, I may be wrong, but all three clones aren't used anywhere?
>>
>>78474023
Two of the three clones are dead with the last MIA despite there being literally no reason for him not to appear in Web Warriors.
>>
>>78469579
What a fucking hack
>>
>>78470108
Saying there is worst shit doesn't make the garbage this fuck has regurgitated any better.
>>
>>78475866
But Bendis's Ultimate work, with the exception of Ultimate End, was actually some of the best the line had.
>>
>>78475866
The ultimate universe has always been carried on the back of Ultimate Spider-man. Always. Yes, there's better other and better books under the line, but USM has been the back bone for the universe in quality for all 15 years.
>>
>>78469058
Worse thing was how he made it so that there was no Egyptian God, he's just crazy and made it up because MUH MENTAL BREAKDOWN (a favorite trope of Bendis).
Thank Konshu that Ellis came and fixed the character
>>
>>78469639
There is no way Mysterio will stay dead. Slott loves him too much. They'll probably also take advantage of this to have him forget Peter Parker's secret I.D.
>>
>>78475866
Except the argument made (possibly by you) in >>78469579 is:
"Bendis is one of the worst Ultimate writers,"
so they are right to say that he isn't.
>>
>>78469523
So if Miles has always been on 616, what about the Maker?
>>
File: UltimateRO1.jpg (938 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
UltimateRO1.jpg
938 KB, 2048x1536
>>78469491
>>78469477

Do every former Ultimate citizen knows that the (now) famous 616 Peter Parker is Spiderman?
>>
File: UltimateRO2.jpg (1 MB, 1194x904) Image search: [Google]
UltimateRO2.jpg
1 MB, 1194x904
>>78476446

Also, reading order.
>>
>>78468519
Why is Hulk's face so fucked up?
>>
>>78469579
He's one of the worst ultimate villains
>>
>>78469686
she looks younger
>>
>>78470543
To be fair, Prime retcon was funny for me.
>>
>>78470575
He's not wrong, before I read the text I thought that was Kitty.
>>
>>78471299
I like you
>>
>>78471490
Surely it's entirely Bervort's fault that it went to print before anyone outside of Fialkov's creative team read anything.

But god forbid editor's do anything these days.
>>
File: 1449983120797.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1449983120797.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>78470639
oh my god i didnt even realize.

>PEOPLE WILL DEFEND BENDIS
>>
File: 1449693743810.png (478 KB, 593x631) Image search: [Google]
1449693743810.png
478 KB, 593x631
Why are Marvelcucks so incapable of writing interesting ends?

>DC Pre-52 universe ends with 5 issues of cool elseworlds shit
>Ultimate Marvel ends with 5 issues of retarded bullshit and repeat pages of blank white space
>>
>>78470543
>It was the equivalent of Superboy Prime retcon punching the DC universe.

It is a good comparison.

Wolverine having claw sex with himself was retarded and funny for that panel alone, same with Prime.
>>
>>78471403

thats pretty damn funny
>>
>>78470823
The maker was the only thing worth saving.
>>
>>78477265

you are so DC fag that hurts
>>
>>78477265
cause all comic writers in the big two are incapable of it. Because they don't want an end, they make on goings. It sucks but thats the reality
>>
>>78468519
His Avengers was worse, if only because it went on longer.
>>
>>78469294
I thought I was going to pop a blood vessel with how fucking angry I was reading that.

>Star Lord and Nova stay abck to keep Thanos trapped in the collapsing Cancerverse
>Cut to sequel, Star Lord is nearly crying claiming how much of a fucking bad idea this was

>Cancer Mar'Vell is the leader of the Cancerverse forces, with everyone, even the Galactus Engine, being under his command
>Suddenly Cancer Captain America is leading them, with Mar'Vell standing in the back without a single line ever.

>The entire point of the ending to Thanos Imperative was re-introducing death to the Cancerverse, obliterating everything
>Now people in Cancerverse can't die again, despite fixing that being the entire point of the Thanos Imperiative

Fuck!
>>
>>78475934
>But Bendis's Ultimate work, with the exception of Ultimate End, was actually some of the best the line had.

Everything Bendis wrote after Ultimatum was shit.
>>
>>78482200
That's a meme. It was still fine post-Ultimatum.
>>
>>78471562
Fuck now I'm really bummed that we didn't get an Ultimate Last Days. That would have been an actual Ultimates story and not fucking Ultimate End.
>>
>>78477265
>watch your favorite characters get killed off in one panel because they're not batman or superman
vs

>your favorite characters were already killed off years ago

Flashpoint was just as unceremonious senpai.
>>
It is incredible how the story does not conclude the Ultimate Universe, but instead is a celebration of Bendis' Marvel work. The Uncanny X-Men, The Avengers, and his very own Ultimate Spider-Man.

It is five issues of Bendis patting himself on the back.
>>
>>78468519

Age of Ultron is, to me, the most offensive thing Bendis has ever written.

This was crazy horrible too though, but I guess I just had no expectations so it couldn't hurt me.
>>
>>78474343

At least we get Spider-Gwen. yaaaaay
>>
>>78477409
Fuck that man, Bombshell was a top-tier waifu and Ultimate Mjolnir looks awesome.
>>
>>78483196
Bah.
>>
>>78473127
Dude, what's your problem? You don't like black/hispanics making babies?
>>
>>78483296

The fact that her book was heading into the shitter is prime example that she's no longer FOTM anymore and she'll probably be shelved for some stupid event.
>>
>>78483291
>a top-tier waifu

meh. waifu shit doesn't make it any better to me.
>>
>>78483324
Yeah, Gwenpool is the new hotness.
>>
File: 1410022565626.png (177 KB, 317x310) Image search: [Google]
1410022565626.png
177 KB, 317x310
>>78483330
>waifu shit doesn't make it any better to me
What's it like reading comics for all the wrong reasons?
>>
File: 1446505008965.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1446505008965.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
>>78483379
Eh. I'd say you're what's wrong with comics. But, I'm sure you have some shitty reaction image to post to this. So have one for yourself.
>>
>>78469628

did he really believe that there was anything important about ultimate end
>>
>>78483324
It's still above 50k and a spider book so Marvel is gonna keep pushing her hard
>>
>>78476460
honestly I'd say ultimate end is ultimatum bad
it just didn't make much sense, suddenly they're fighting, suddenly there's old man logan fighting with them then you get 10 pages of of sameface bagley faces fading out
also the one marvel comic where the letterer has an actual job the fuck up half the time
>>
>>78483684
>muh ending of Ultimate End spoils ending of Secret Wars!
Yes, he believed.
>>
>>78485745
He believed?
>>
>>78486432
Yep, he believed.
>>
>>78469628
>universe architects Brian Michael Bendis
Didn't he write like 1-2 fucking Ultimate books?

Loeb is more of an architect for Ultimate universe than Bendis is
>>
>>78486505
He wrote USM, Ultimate Team-Up (which mostly got ignored but still), some arcs of Ult X-Men, co-wrote UFF's first arc, co-wrote Ultimate Power, wrote Ultimate Origins, and wrote that storyline where Reed turned evil and Ben became Purple Man.

I'd say he's more of an architect for the Ultimate Universe than Loeb (who only did Ultimates 3, Ultimatum, the Ultimate Captain America and Ultimate Hulk Annuals, New Ultimates, and Ultimate X).
>>
>>78476446
>>78476460
>>78485729

Ok, I'm going to fix the order. What things do you guys think that should be changed?
>>
File: powers-page.jpg (203 KB, 648x1024) Image search: [Google]
powers-page.jpg
203 KB, 648x1024
>>78468519
>Is this the worst thing Bendis has ever written?
Not even close.
>>
>>78469504
To my knowledge Bagley left long before Miles showed up.
And I actually liked some of Bagley's art. The style defined ultimate.
>>
>>78487765
That is some impenetrable Bendisspeak.
>>
>>78468519
No the gay Iceman retcon complete with saying that Iceman was faking being straight for 50+ years was the worst. And adding that Angel is hot for the most generic proof as just the rotten cherry on top of the shit sundae. Worst yet is apparently tumblr convinced him it was true.
>>
>>78469491
>>78469686
Bombshell x Miles otp.
>>
>>78487740
Nothing.
>>
>>78483297

No problem with racemixing at all. It happens. My problem is Bendis forcing it on the reader in an exaggerated, over-emphasized tone.
>>
>>78485729

Bendis got paid for the blank page at the end of the fighting.

> Let that sink in.

Bendis was paid for an empty double page spread. By you all.
>>
>>78469083
in some alternate reality gillen didn't leave and does a run to rival claremonts
>>
File: 1450980783936.png (214 KB, 380x397) Image search: [Google]
1450980783936.png
214 KB, 380x397
>>78494132
>"I buy Bendis books for the art" was one of the main reasons some faggots continued to buy his books
>these faggots literally paid blank pages
>mfw these cucks continue to shill Bendis
>>
File: pu_Holy_Terror_057.jpg (550 KB, 1775x1336) Image search: [Google]
pu_Holy_Terror_057.jpg
550 KB, 1775x1336
>>
File: pu_Holy_Terror_058.jpg (180 KB, 1774x1340) Image search: [Google]
pu_Holy_Terror_058.jpg
180 KB, 1774x1340
>>78494658
>>
File: pu_Holy_Terror_059.jpg (251 KB, 1774x1335) Image search: [Google]
pu_Holy_Terror_059.jpg
251 KB, 1774x1335
>>78494673
>>
>>78494439
There were heavy delays on this book to line up with Secret Wars and Bagley didn't think "hey maybe I can draw some different faces so that these pages aren't a complete waste of everyone's" or "maybe I can do a faded pencil sketch instead of literally blank pages to communicate the fading away aspect better and not look like a hack".
>>
File: Ultimate End 005-008.jpg (4 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate End 005-008.jpg
4 MB, 3975x3056
>>
File: Ultimate End 005-017.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate End 005-017.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
>>78494749
>>
File: Ultimate End 005-018.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate End 005-018.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
>>78494766
>>
File: Ultimate End 005-019.jpg (243 KB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate End 005-019.jpg
243 KB, 3975x3056
>>78494784
>>
File: Ultimate End 005-020.jpg (23 KB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate End 005-020.jpg
23 KB, 3975x3056
>>78494796
>>
>>78494822
How many trees died to print these pages over and over and over again
>>
Sorry, but I think it's a pretty effective gimmick. But then, I would never have paid for it.
>>
File: 1450147210821.png (47 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1450147210821.png
47 KB, 600x800
Brian Michael Bendis is a gateway writer of the worst kind. He's a bad storyteller, with a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive double pages and WORDS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the writer himself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of his core make him a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable tumblr faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look smart, the unending Bendisspeak, boring personalities, the whole quipping faggotry and everything about his stories fuels their escapist fantasies, while the retconned character backgrounds, emphasis on his waifus, and overall preachiness of the writer make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average redditor and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes redditors and tumblr retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Bendis is basically THE writer to attract the most hated comicbook fanbase known to /co/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to shitpost the fuck out of this writer and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Bendis thread (excpet for story times so we can see the trash for what it is) ever encourage /co/mblr to show their faces here.
>>
>>78495464
You're a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>78495464
You took valuable seconds out of your time to post what is evident to everyone so in appreciation let me reply...

No duh.

Back in 2013 I said even Slott was better than Bendis, and /co/ was still upset over Superior so they would disagree, looking back Superior was kinda cool and Bendis has written either awful crap, or stories so pointless I bet even himself forgot about them.

Bendis is why I can't care about Marvel anymore, any industry that hires people like him has my most sincere apathy.
>>
>>78495582
>>78495607
It's the Naruto copypasta family
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.