[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how am I to believe that both these images are of the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Beetle.png (285 KB, 594x337) Image search: [Google]
Beetle.png
285 KB, 594x337
So how am I to believe that both these images are of the same person?
Literally nothing about the face is the same.
>>
>>78468200
Are you new to cape comics?
>>
>>78468200
The same way you believe Michael Jackson was the same guy all his life. The same way you believe A New Hope Luke Skywalker is the same as Return of the Jedi Luke Skylwalker and The Force Awakens Luke Skywalker.

Faces change. Even when they don't, contextual things like lighting and the angle of observation can make them look radically different. Take a photography or life drawing class if you don't believe me.
>>
>>78468286
This. There is no character bible. They draw what they want and tell you who it is.
>>
>>78468380
>So what is the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe?
>>
>>78468380
>There is no character bible.
There should be though. Yes, it's always been this way, but it doesn't mean we should each the shit without at least commenting on it.
>>
>>78468512
That's for fans, not writers.
>>
>>78468543
The artists would revolt. Straight up.

Man they can't even keep deadlines anymore, you want them to keep consistency with other artists?
>>
It is an Albino Black/Dominican hybrid that isn't implausible she bleached her skin for a more professional appearance.
>>
>>78468543
The lack of a character bible is the biggest problem with Big 2 Comics.
>>
>>78468512
they don't use that professionally

>>78468543
agreed but it is what it is
>>
>>78468637
Why would supervillain give flying fuck about what people think of her? I don't think Doom raged for being gypsy.
>>
>>78468633
How about the writers?

If Dennis Hopeless can't force characters to fit into the holes he needs them to, he couldn't write shit!
>>
>>78468645
Far from it.
>>
>>78468668
She used to be a lawyer
>>
>>78468668
Isn't she a lawyer or some shit?
Granted with her dad being a mob boss I don't think she'd have issues finding employment.
>>
>>78468685
Okay, true, but I think it is one of their problems!
>>
>>78468698
Yes, lawyer like Hagen from Godfather. I still don't see why would she go full Jackson and bleach herself.
>>
>>78468767
>Not whitening your skin
>>
>>78468718
All their "problems" can be traced to the fact that those are corporate owned IPs. It translates to
>Money is always more important than artistic goals
>Artists and writers who are cheap, meet deadlines and are all-around good employees (understand: they do what the editor tells them) are the preference
>IPs need to be capitalized on, meaning that even if you fire the writer/artist or they die or some shit, some other dude will just take over and do his own shit. Furthermore that means legacy characters and in general as many titles and adaptations as possible to suck the IP dry.
>Since the artist/writers change and have deadlines to meet, they can't be bothered with sticking to a precise design or characterization
>The editors don't particularly want consistent design or characterization anyway, they just want to sell comics. In fact they'll encourage changes of design and characterization if they think it can boost sales
>>
>>78468671
what about writers?

they are there for story, they get opinions on the art but never the final say
>>
>>78468718
Really?

People WANT House Style? People think artists being allowed to be creative is a BAD thing?
>>
>>78468645
But there is? Internally. There very much is.
>>
>>78468863
Brubaker's Beetle was practically a nonentity, and this is reflected in her generically plain character design.
Spencer's the only one who cares about her, and the one to define her character and backstory, so if he wants her browner, then that's the way it's going to be.
>>
>>78468906
For every Bachalo you get one Erica.
>>
>>78468906
Artists can absolutely have their own style, but if a character has green eyes, they should have green eyes across the board.

Just arbitrarily making up how they look based off a one line description is entirely unprofessional and lazy.

Which is the big problem with the Big 2, they're not professional. These are the fans who never really grew up, with all the freedom they want and editors who don't give a shit, and it makes for poor books.
>>
>>78468949
This is worse than legacy characters
>>
>>78469026
The Big 2's job is not to make good books, it's to make books that sell while spending as little as possible making them.
>>
>>78468889
Writers, like the one mentioned, have problems with consistency too.

Hopeless can't even keep track of what powers they have.
>>
>>78468633

Well too bad for them. The problem with modern comics is that the artists and writers are a bunch of smug, petty cunts who think their ideas are the best ideas. I don't think it would be so bad if they were forced to have standards.
>>
>>78469026
I remember distinctly the one time that the character Empress at DC showed up for a minor bit and she was drawn white.

Empress is Jamaican, and very black.
>>
>>78468200
The first picture was during winter.
The second she dyed her hair black and stopped wearing red lipstick.
There we go.
>>
File: 3218743-thunderbolts15610.jpg (40 KB, 238x467) Image search: [Google]
3218743-thunderbolts15610.jpg
40 KB, 238x467
>>
>>78469382
>>
>>78469382
>>78469394
Would follow to the ends of the Earth
>>
>>78469057
Keep whining, I'm sure Marvel will hear your cries and change everything to make you happy.
>>
>>78469457
I'm going to make comic books great again!
>>
>>78468200
Source of the pic on the right?
>>
>>78469908
Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
>>
>>78469908
>>78469954
Fuck I meant left.
>>
>>78469908
The Lieberjerk Faps of /co/mblr.
>>
>>78469971
Captain America v6, 606-607.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.