[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started watching Rick and Morty after hearing nothing but praise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: rick-and-morty-season-1-review.jpg (630 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty-season-1-review.jpg
630 KB, 1200x675
I started watching Rick and Morty after hearing nothing but praise for it for the whole year.

Currently 5 episodes in and it's.... ok I guess?

Does it get better? Because so far I'm really unimpressed desu.
>>
If Lawnmower Dog didn't blow you away then there isn't much chance of you liking the show. I have no idea how someone couldn't like it, but I guess you're special.
>>
>>78467647

I liked the smart dogs subplot.
The main Inception/Freddy Krueger plot not so much.
>>
>>78467788
The whole thing that's supposed to impress you (or at least impresses most critics and TV fanatics) is the way it's basically a dual A plot episode where both stories are equally interesting and at the end they converge brilliantly. It also perfectly shows off the blend of unpredictable, imaginative sci-fi and both low and high brow humor.
>>
>>78467633
You shouldn't let /co/ overhype you for things. It's pretty good, not the second coming of the Simpsons.
>>
Reddit the show!
>>
>>78467924

go back to /tv/
>>
>>78467850
None of the dog shit was entertaining though. It was just standard sci fi comedy everybody's seen a thousand times before.
>>
>>78468025
>everybody's seen a thousand times before
Now see there's your mistake. Lots of people are completely unaware of sci fi comedy beyond blockbuster movies.
>>
>>78468025
If you have examples, feel free to point me towards them.
>>
>>78467633
Watch the 6th episode.
>>
The show is pretty meh, overhyped here a lot. Not as good as Venture Brothers
>>
>>78467633
You've actually already hit the peak

Its all downhill from here
>>
>>78467633
If you don't like it now, you won't really like it much as it goes on: there isn't really a point where it becomes amazing or changes much from being the ironic, amoral show it is.
>>
>>78467633
council if Rick's episode 11/10
>>
>>78468087

I will watch the whole first season.
Probably not the second one tho.
>>
>>78468131
>amoral
>show makes a point several times that racism and sexism are universally bad
>it's not played for comedy, it's played 100% straight

And fuck, I agree that sexism and racism are bad but it's so fucking on the nose and unfunny about it.

What the fuck is amoral about that show anyway, aside from Rick being a cunt who is pretty clearly shown to not be who you should base your morals on.
>>
It's a terrible show. Why /co/ has chosen to circlejerk it as much as they have? No idea.
>>
>>78468432
i thought /co/ chose to hate it as reddit like it
>>
>>78467633
Its quality spike is at episode 1.

Many faggots on this board would have you believe that Season 2 is somehow worse than season 1 when it's the exact same.

It's an ok show. People only love it because when it came out there wasn't even any ok show coming up.

A glass of plain water in a desert always seems like Champagne.
>>
>>78469315
I hate champagne
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.