[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has Hank Hill ever been on the wrong about something?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: hank.png (268 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
hank.png
268 KB, 500x380
Has Hank Hill ever been on the wrong about something?
>>
His entitlement to pews.
>>
>>78464802
He was wrong about Bobby's predilection towards cooking.
>>
>>78464802
He was also wrong about that F-250 with all those extra features he thought were useless, especially the wipers on the headlights.
>>
He married Peggy.
>>
>>78464964
/thread
>>
He's wrong but the people around him are such assholes they make him seem right.
>>
I recently watched the episode Take Me Out of the Ball Game. In that episode not only Hank was in the wrong but Peggy was in the right.
>>
Tricked his into son giving up well paying, successful business because he didn't think the work was clean enough.
>>
The fact he never told Dale about Nancy and John Redcorn.
>>
>>78465061

We had that thread. Hank was worried it would give Bobby a life of ridicule, that he can't take. They just didn't emphasize that enough.

The show is too subtle sometimes.
>>
>>78465086
Oh because everyone makes fun of teenagers for having shitty jobs. It is literally a non problem. Hank is a just bourgeoisie asshole.
>>
>>78465086
I remember once I said that KOTH has subtle humor and someone scoffed.
A lot of people just don't get KOTH.
>>
>>78465086
He was still wrong, most people wouldn't care that he earns money that way, unless he literally just hangs around snobby cunts he'd be fine.
>>
He was wrong about assuming Bobby was playing actual card games instead of Tarot shit.

Granted he was right about the fact Bobby should have gotten the hell away from them.
>>
simpsons trump
>>
>>78464861
Fuck that episode!
Seriously
>>
>>78464802
Thinking his father was a good person
Hanging out with people like Bill and Dale
Having a narrow urethra.
>>
Propane

Charcoal is infinitely superior.
>>
>>78465073

Don't you think that Dale always knew but was playing dumb?
>>
>>78465515
I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that
>>
>>78465138
>>78465147

Dude you must be young because this goes on in real adult life still. It's not the actual job it's Bobby. He'll get mad fun for being fat and weird looking and him having the job would just add another thing to that list. That's how the human brain works. They don't notice the shitty job when the better looking guy does it. They're going to use it as an excuse to make fun of Bobby, who they don't like because of the way he looks.

Plus you can't tell me you've heard people making fun of "burger flippers" I'm the only human being that's ever said "well they have a job and contributing what's the problem?" Everyone thinks it's fair game to make fun of people working in a whole industry. Because people will take any excuse they can get to let their asshole flag fly.

>>78465144

Agreed.
>>
>>78465515
Damn straight. Just replaced my gas barbecue with a kettle barbecue. First night I had it, used it to make roast chicken. One of the tastiest chickens I've ever had.
>>
>>78466120
Enjoy your cancer.
>>
>>78465073
Hank didn't want to be the one to send Dale on a mass shooting.
>>
Yes actually but instead of naming a bunch of minor examples I'll name my big 3

1.) That's my purse
How Hank handles Bobby being bullied and standing up for himself is horrible in this. Bobby fights back in really the only way he can and is then told he is wrong. Granted Bobby did go too far with kicking people in the balls but Hank's idea of a fair fight and teaching him to box is utter nonsense. A bully isn't going to stand there and honorably box you. He and his group of goons are going to shove you to the ground and force you to eat dirt, which they did. Hank is almost delusional with how home grown and old fashioned he is in this episode

2.) Bills attempted suicide
Hank's reaction to his life long friends crippling depression and attempted suicide is "oh he'll snap out of it". At one point shooting down Peggy's idea to get him some actual help.

3.) Bobby's fashion show
This is one of those episodes where Hank is clearly wrong, yet the universe seems to bend itself to make him right.
>>
>>78465477
He didn't think Cotton was a good person. He just respected him as his father. He knew of Cotton's flaws as well as anyone else, but he was mostly able to put up with them.

And Bill used to be a pretty awesome guy before his wife left him, sure he's a sack of shit now, but Hank sort of gives him a pass. Likewise, him and Dale are childhood friends, and Dale is half useful sometimes when he's not trying to fuck Hank over. But most importantly they're neighbors, so they're friendships born of convenience.

On a semi-related note, I once saw a man who spoke EXACTLY like Boomhauer in a Walmart once. It was bizarre.
>>
>>78464964
>you will never have a wife with size 16/16.5 feet
>>
>>78466212
>Hank's reaction to his life long friends crippling depression and attempted suicide is "oh he'll snap out of it"
You'd be amazed how many people react this way.
But yes, it was still wrong.

On a mostly unrelated note. Minh's suggestion to Peggy on how to improve all her recipes is satisfying real.
99% of all food just needs nutmeg.
>>
>>78466212
Hank also never had a bully so he didn't really understand Bobby's situation. Hank even laughed at the idea of him having a bully.
>>
File: 1438841199504.jpg (47 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
1438841199504.jpg
47 KB, 600x615
>>78466228
>being a footfag
>>
>>78466220
I really like tat about their relationship, Hank puts up with his Dad's behaviour because he's his dad and because he can take it. And I had a similar experience at a hotel where a large black guy sounded just like Cleveland.
>>
>>78465073
>unquestionably wrecking three or four peoples lives
>not having a little human empathy for the two adulterers, despicable as they are, the desperate wife of a schizo and a lonely bachelor whose son was raised by somebody else
>interfering that much in such a private family matter at all

if i may be rather condescending, thats a pretty immature sense of right and wrong anon

because if i remember correctly, Nancy saw it was wrong, felt sorrow, and stopped seeing redcorn, the gribbles by the end of the show were a stronger family and dale actually became good friends with redcorn, helping him reclaim some of his peoples land
>>
File: dusty-old-bones1.jpg (2 MB, 2139x1664) Image search: [Google]
dusty-old-bones1.jpg
2 MB, 2139x1664
>>78466240
>Hank also never had a bully
Until he did
>>
>>78464802
Seriously?
>>
File: 1416611470868.gif (971 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1416611470868.gif
971 KB, 500x250
>>78466382
Post tfw you're not dusty old bones, full of old dust.
>>
>>78465537

Dale IS dumb. There's no way he could have figured it out.

And even if he knew, why didn't he ever do anything about it?
>>
File: 1449458937420.jpg (100 KB, 553x321) Image search: [Google]
1449458937420.jpg
100 KB, 553x321
>>78466454
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.