[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it going to be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: The-good-dinosaur-nuove-foto.jpg (163 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
The-good-dinosaur-nuove-foto.jpg
163 KB, 1344x756
Is it going to be good?
>>
I saw it earlier today. Go into it without expectations, it's an alright flick.
>>
>going to be
Neger, that shit has been out since Thanksgiving
>>
File: Gwonam_Face.jpg (22 KB, 467x356) Image search: [Google]
Gwonam_Face.jpg
22 KB, 467x356
Where the hell is Dino Time?
>>
>>78464025
It was average. Not the best Pixar movie, not the worst.
>>
File: Monet_Final_2014_645Width.ashx.jpg (141 KB, 645x539) Image search: [Google]
Monet_Final_2014_645Width.ashx.jpg
141 KB, 645x539
>>78464025
Did anybody else think this movie was really weird? I don't mean in a sense that the movie's subject matter was intentionally odd, it's hard to describe.
The mind blowing backgrounds with the weird cartoon dinosaurs inhabiting them. The weird merge of a Boy and his Dog, Western, and "journey home adventure" genres. The weird humans at the end (They act like a dog just like spot! No wait, they teach him to walk upright, so they don't act like dogs). I thought for spot the joke was he was raised by wolves but apparently not?
I personally just found it kind of strange, the people I saw it with agreed. It's not bad, but it's NOT Pixar quality, it felt very muddled. I certainly see why it's not doing so good.
>>
>>78464371
Pixar spent all their money and energy into water effects so there was nothing left over for anything else.
Brave was the same way just replace water with hair.
>>
File: ....jpg (137 KB, 806x499) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
137 KB, 806x499
>>78464395
That's not really an excuse, because nearly every Pixar movie had to make some complicated leap forward in CGI.

The Fur in Monsters Inc, the Water in Finding Nemo, the Wet hair in the incredibles, and who knows what else.

This movie had the same goddamn problem as Brave in that Lasseter hacked it to pieces and had them hastily sewn back together.

The Good Dinosaur had it even worse, because it seemed like they had no idea what it's premise was going to be.

It ping ponged between Dinosaurs in the Modern world and Ice Ag 7 like a thousand times, even late into production.
>>
>>78464371
>The mind blowing backgrounds with the weird cartoon dinosaurs inhabiting them.
I just can't get over this.
>>
>>78464166
gone
>>
>>78464025
It was good. The story is very basic and kinda disjointed, but the characters are cute, the scenery is gorgeous, and you'll cry if you have a soul.
>>
File: you ok there, little man.png (113 KB, 230x327) Image search: [Google]
you ok there, little man.png
113 KB, 230x327
>>78466687
I teared up when Poppa bought the farm
>>
>>78464025
No, it's dinosaur.
>>
>>78465173
>Brave
Brave felt really nice until the woodcarver/witch scene
>>
>>78465173
sauce on Lasseter fucking it up? Far as I know he's even less involved nowadays ever since he's started overseeing Disney's animation division as well. People in Pixar have been complaining that his input is less and less
>>
>>78467162
>>78465173
It was more an issue that Peterson's "Amish Dinosaurs" version of the film never had a good third act. You had twenty-something Arlo going on an adventure off the farm with the "bug" he found (Spot, cavepeople all dressed like insects in this version) and not much else.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.