[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fallout the cartoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11
File: fallout 2 .jpg (258 KB, 800x832) Image search: [Google]
fallout 2 .jpg
258 KB, 800x832
what would a fallout cartoon be like? (if bethesda had nothing to do with it)
>>
Great if it was inspired by the first two games.
Complete garbage if anything else.
>>
>>78458912
what about new vegas ?
>>
File: 1315174699125.png (429 KB, 1234x832) Image search: [Google]
1315174699125.png
429 KB, 1234x832
>>78458890
Adventure Time back when it had adventure in it.
>>
I honestly cannot recall any cartoon that takes place in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. So, I guess something fairly original at least.
>>
>>78458890
Fallout has rich iconography to draw from, so potentially very appealing.
However a cartoon could never capture the heart of fallout, which is primarily about highly granular choices and consequences.
>>
Depends, are we doing bleak serious fallout aspects like the main storylines or the wacky fun aspects like some side quests and the background lore?
>>
>>78459026

maybe a bit of both

like start off with goofy characters searching the wasteland look for fun and excitement and then build up to something
>>
>>78458979
Good, but still not wacky and funny enough to be a cartoon (given I haven't played Old World Blues).
The first two had a great atmosphere to be adapted into a cartoon, with big cities and settlements with wacky characters in it.
Fuck, I'd probably pay just to see a short with Harold as a support character.
>>
>>78458890
But we already had a fallout cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY2jPAb6BOQ
>>
>>78459099

no todd that doesn't count
>>
>>78458996
AT, Thundarr, a shitload of anime, notably HnK.
>>
No real main character, but a few recurring ones.
I imagine each episode pretty much being it's own self contained story about a different part of the setting. Maybe have some of them be about the backstories of characters from the games.
>>
Every episode would end with the MC dying in a unique way a-la Kenny and a companion robot making a shitty pun.

So, uh, thinly-veiled Fallout thread because a shit-ton of us probably got it for Christmas (like me)?

I just got F4 for Christmas. I chose the dog at the gas station as my companion instead of Codsworth, and now I can't find old Cods anywhere around the sanctuary. Anyone know where he is?
>>
File: 1385926551106.jpg (148 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1385926551106.jpg
148 KB, 601x601
>All the fallout games are about letting go the past
>Fallout fans can't move out from the past games
>>
>tfw no animated movie about Randall "Zion Valley weed removal service" Clarke, AKA The Survivalist
>>
>>78459598
Every Fallout game not made by Bethesda and their hard-on for pre-war shit that is. Beth suffers from a textbook case of the old world blues.
>>
>>78459598
That was a really shitty post, friendo.
>>
>>78458979
Man, being a dishonest, traitorous scumbag in New Vegas is the most fun I've had in a video-game since VTM:B
>>
>>78458912
>Great if it was inspired by the first two games

You mean great if inspired by the first game.

If it's inspired by Fallout 2 it would be 90% garbage memes and 90s references, so fuck that.
>>
>>78459326
Maybe focus on the companions in a given game and their experiences and reactions to the larger conflict going on around them?

>Dogmeat poking around looking for food as a war between man and mutant rages among him
>Marcus tries to deal with being sheriff to some backwater while dealing with people fleeing the Enclave attacks
>Farwaks escaping his vault and witnessing the Brotherhood fighting his kind and the Enclave
>Arcade dealing with the injured and refuges from the war while watching with uncertainty at houses power plays
>Curie experimenting on the various communities while hearing about how eah of the four factions backstabbed one another
>>
>>78458912
Unless it's a Tranquility Lane cartoon.
TL is the only enjoyable thing about Fallout 3. I even forgot what a slog that game is until the simulation was over and a German scientist let me out.
>>
>>78459729
At least it was closer in spirit to the first Fallout than 3 was. Seriously 3 was just some generic post apocalyptic shooter with some Fallout elements thrown in
>>
>>78459832
>At least it was closer in spirit to the first Fallout than 3

I don't see how that makes Fallout 2 good at all

Are you actually judging a bad game that came out in 1998 based on a bad game that came out ten years later?
>>
>>78459306
That's why I said cartoon, not anime.

>AT
Not really a wasteland; plus, the show got ruined after the Mushroom War was forced into the foreground.

>Thundarr
never heard of that one tho tbqh fàm
>>
>>78459590
Shit outta luck mate. Check red rocket maybe.
>>
>>78459863
One was made by people who knew the lore and created a game that built on what its predecessor had laid out, the other was made by people who picked the IP up in a merger and had little to no idea what it was about at its core and just used it to make a mediocre post apocalyptic shooter
>>
>>78458890
Fuck off back to NMA
>>
>>78458890

Frank Horrigan and his wacky ghoul sidekick getting into goofy slapstick adventures as they scour the wasteland to find the secret Nuka-Cola recipe.

Dogmeat is the Muttley to Elder Maxson's Dick Dastardly, trying his damnedest to keep Frank from finding the recipe and spreading joy to all the boys and girls of the wasteland.
>>
>>78459894
Thundarr the Barbarian, it was an 80's cartoon
>>
>>78459087
>(given I haven't played literally the best DLC).
FTFY
>>
>>78460591
Shit was so poorly optimized for consoles that it was impossible to play on PS3, it would freeze like a motherfucker.
>>
>>78460640
I had no problem on XB 360.
>>
File: 55154-4-1393698494.jpg (73 KB, 446x551) Image search: [Google]
55154-4-1393698494.jpg
73 KB, 446x551
>>78460361
I'd watch it
>>
>>78458890
WELCOME TO CAMP NAVARRO
>>
>>78460591

>best DLC

it had the best opening sequence of any game I've ever played and had me laughing for hours, but OWB was just Fetch Quests: The DLC.

imo I find Dead Money the best just with how difficult and nerve wracking it was when I first played it
>>
Fallout 3 is the best game in the series. And no, it's not because I live in the DC/NOVA area and always think I'm in the game while walking around. okay maybe a little
>>
>>78461558
Nah, 4 is. Not because I live twenty minutes away from the game's southern border and think of the cool shit that could be down here, or trading with the Atom Cats.
>>
>>78461470

I cannot criticize any game that lets you flirt with your own brain.
>>
>>78461558
>at the national mall in DC earlier this year
>whistling The Ink Spots
>one of the guards at the washington monument stops me to ask why I left the vault
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSK-1guFLDk
>>
>>78461470
You right in that the quests themselves were bland, but OWB was more about everything AROUND the quests that made it great.
Very few video games have made me laugh as much.
>>
>>78461804

I know but the quests were just uninspired and weren't as amazing as the things around them, they felt more tedious than fun

But the upgrades for the sneak suit were just worth it, especially if you mod the game so that the suit becomes a light armor than a medium one
>>
>>78458890
Apocalypse lane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58N4pc9GimI&list=PLD649D826012C24FD
>>
>>78461864
stealth suit mk II is my waifu
>>
>>78461907

top waifu

Graham is best companion that Mormon bastard is unbeatable, no matter who you come up with. I'd let him kill the entire Legion with me
>>
90's licensed cartoon edition
>10-13y/o Lone Wanderer
>goes out into the Wasteland to find missing dad
>ends up befriending/forming a party with Dogmeat, the Chosen One(female), Sole Survivor(male)(they're a couple), Markus, and Harold
>Lone Wanderer's father has been captured/enslaved by the Master in an attempt to use Project Purity to turn the whole Wasteland into super mutants
>there'd be an episode in New Vegas where SS gets mad jelly of the Courior
>>
>>78458979
new vegas is an overrated FO3 expansion

the DLC & mods were the only fun things about it
>>
>>78462585

FO3 a shit and anyone that defends it as the best of the Fallout series most likely never played the older games and only FO3
>>
NV could have been much better if Bethesda gave it more time and not recycle shit from FO3. Dead Money was the worst DLC out of them all.
>>
>>78459598
really makes the storyline in new vegas's DLC feel ironic

>>78459658
> 3 & 4 take place in DC & Boston respectively while 3's DLC took place in Pittsburgh & Maryland

> 1, 2 & new vegas can't get out of California & Nevada to the point where one of the writers can't process moving out of those areas and it took new vegas's DLC to go to Utah
>>
File: Muggy.png (140 KB, 344x273) Image search: [Google]
Muggy.png
140 KB, 344x273
>"WHERE ARE ALL THE FUCKING MUGS?!"
>>
>>78462805
Dead Money had some cool stuff going on, but I hated the gameplay gimmicks.
>>
>>78458890

I just bought the Fallout pack in the Steam sale. Never played the original ones.
>>
>>78459003
I think this could be captured in a cartoon.

When the protag is faced with obstacles, have none of the solutions be very clean. No matter what they choose to do, there's some kind of unpleasant consequence sometimes, and have the series run with the consequences thereafter.

It's not about PLAYER choice, but more about the IDEA of choice and consequences.
>>
>>78462638
NV should have been more like 1 & 2 or obsidian should've been allowed to make van buren a game since they borrowed so much from it for NV
>>
>>78458890
>>78458979

I played New Vegas like it was a show. I made my character, a character. It made it a lot funner actually. Like I mentally wrote in the parts I needed to have an actual personal plot.

Hell, if I was more talented I was thinking of redoing the whole thing and making a Youtube show out of it or something. Skyrim too.

Point is... it's doable. Definitely doable to create a show in these universes. The key is solve their own stories, not the universe itself.
>>
>>78463047
>gameplay gimmicks
You mean the enemies or the gameplay?
>>
>>78459954
>One was made by people who knew the lore

You mean made by a bunch of cunts who couldn't even rip off the good parts of Canticle for Liebowitz and then crammed the sequel full of epic references
>>
>>78462805
dead money is probably the best NV DLC

honest hearts had cool characters & was fun to explore but had nothing to do once you beat it

OWB was overrated

lonesome road worked as an ending to the series
>>
>>78463100

Oh please, Van Buren was 90% done when Bethesda pulled the plug in it when they got the IP
>>
I'd rather have a comic in an Anthalogy format, with each issue/arc focusing on a different Wastelander/Wanderer in a different part of the Wasteland during a different time. It could cover both locations explored in the games along with new ones.

>An arc about BoS soldiers in Fallout 4-era Capital Wasteland and explores the implication that they basically run that entire region
>An arc about a lonely scavenger living in the ruins of New York around the turn of the 22nd century
>An arc about some guy wandering post-apocalyptic China
>An arc set during the Resource Wars in Europe
>For that matter, an arc set during Post-apocalyptic Europe. Preferably London or Moscow.

You get the idea. The possibilities are endless. A series focusing on a single character in a single place would get too boring too fast.
>>
>>78458890
I've always seen Fallout as post apocalyptic western.
Bunch of individual communities with no or little unified law and fuckton of problems everywhere.
Add into that a wandering gunslinger hero who comes to a place, fixes people's problems and is then pushed away as people don't want no trouble making gunslinger to stay in their town.

Add some Fallout visuals and you have easy formula to start building show off from.
>>
>>78463224
yeah i know obsidian made it a standalone FO3 expansion
>>
>>78463220
>dead money is probably the best NV DLC
I personally couldn't stand it, but the companions were pretty well thought out and the Holorifle and Automatic rifle were great weapons.

>honest hearts had cool characters & was fun to explore but had nothing to do once you beat it
True.

>OWB was overrated
How was it overrated?

>lonesome road worked as an ending to the series
Gameplay wise, I'd say yes but not for the series. It was great for a high level Courier to fight in but I felt that it didn't wrap up the main plot very well. And why does Usysess have to have 10 in very S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stat?
>>
File: 1447300966137.jpg (84 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1447300966137.jpg
84 KB, 1024x576
>>78463134
The radios, and to a lesser extent the cloud and hologram sentries. Mostly when they're combined together into a mess that you'll probably have to die to a couple times to find the safe path.
>>
File: 1447879293564.png (84 KB, 267x304) Image search: [Google]
1447879293564.png
84 KB, 267x304
>>78462900

>1,2, NV can't get out of California and Nevada!

>So glad that the Bethesda games all take place on the west coast tho

maybe because the developers for the old games said that the East coast is an irradiated wasteland and most of the midwest is a huge dustbowl devoid of life
>>
>>78463432
>The radios
The shielded one are the worst when you have to find the mods for the guns.
>>
>>78463524
-east coast
>>
>>78463524
>an irradiated wasteland and most of the midwest is a huge dustbowl devoid of life

Sooo exactly like modern day America?
>>
>>78463570
I'm a skeleton from Missouri and can confirm this.
>>
>>78463526
>>78463432
I seriously don't get this complaint. The only times I had trouble with the radios at all were towards the very end pretty much right before you face Elijah and the first ones I encountered where I didn't know what to do exactly.
>>
>>78463524
>the East coast is an irradiated wasteland
But they went along with that. The Capital Wasteland is barely habitable when you compare it with the West Coast.
>>
>The Animated Adventures of Herbert "Daring" Dashwood (and his stalwart ghoul manservant, Argyle)
The best part of Fallout 3's radio as a Saturday morning cartoon.
>>
>>78458890
set it in Detroit
>>
>>78463620
that would be fine if every fucking building didn't look completely intact and mostly undamaged.
>>
>>78464125
You have a point. For a bombed out wasteland there are less craters than you'd expect. Did the Chinese lose that many bombers? The only two craters you see are Megaton and the White House. At least the area around the crater has the flimsy excuse of being reinforced for that kind of disaster.
>>
>>78458890
If it's animated like those vault-tec S.P.E.C.I.A.L videos I'd watch it.
>>
File: Yes.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
Yes.png
40 KB, 152x254
It's good to see that /co/ is just as much of delusional nostalgiafags as /v/ is.
>>
3D Fallouts have too much buildings, but it's a price of going 3D instead of having tiny maps with fast travel in-between. Better not to think about it too much.

Fallout was never meant to be a realistic simulation anyway.
>>
>>78466446
A board dedicated to traditionally children's entertainment is nostalgic for things?
What a fucking shocker!
>>
>>78466446
Interplay/Obsidian Fallout is objectively the best Fallout.

I literally played 1/2 last year and 2 is my favourite Fallout game. It's not nostalgia.

Fuck off underage.
>>
>>78466537
It's not objectively. Fallout 1/2 had its own set of issues that 3D era fixed and replaced by brand new ones. It's all matter of subjective preferences.

Either way, there's no point to live in the past, Fallout 1 and 2 do not have this much content.
>>
>>78466549
Who gives a fuck about the content if it's all boring, shallow filler?

Fallout 4 is a horrible casualized game that's like 90% filler content.

You're not one of those people who thinks appreciating old games and wanting newer ones to stick to their roots is "living in the past" are you?
>>
File: 1449013752045.jpg (285 KB, 800x1281) Image search: [Google]
1449013752045.jpg
285 KB, 800x1281
>>78463292
>>78458995
I'd kind of combine these two. I'd probably set it between Fallout 1 and 2 myself while the NRC grip on things would still be tangent and such.

Possibly focus on in-land California (desert, Valleys, Sierra Nevadas) with the occasional jaunt into Nevada, Oregon, and Seattle.

So should the MC be a vault dweller? A Scavenger? Or some other background? Ex-Raider possibly?

>>78460361
This would also be pretty amusing too.

As a third alternative, we could just do a pulp noir cartoon series focused on Nick before meeting the Sole Survivor.

>>78459590
Give it a little bit of time. I'm not sure you'll even actually be able to recruit Codsworth as a comp again until after you investigate Concord.

Depending on your playstyle, you might be a bit better off. Early on the game you're gonna end up hitting weight limit and probably dropping shit on the ground and Codsworth, being a cleaning robot, dislikes that.
>>
>>78466557
There are things that I don't like in Fallout 4, thankfully, they are all optional.

What do you mean by casualized anyway? It's not like originals were any hardcore.
>>
>>78459590
I found Codsworth hanging around my old home like this. I think it's his default station.

Now I myself lost Dogmeat after trailing Kellog. Is he still there somewhere?
>>
>>78463602
thank mr
>>
>>78458890
I don't even want to read this thread 'cause I expect everyone talking about the garbage that is FO3/4 and New Vegas without even mentioning the first 2 games.
>>
>>78466613
>He thinks Fallout was ever good
>>
>>78466618
This bait doesn't even deserve a picture
>>
>>78466623
if you took all the good bits from all the fallout games and combined them into a single game, you would have a good game. However each individual game has bad that outweighs the good
>>
File: albert.jpg (46 KB, 525x231) Image search: [Google]
albert.jpg
46 KB, 525x231
Slightly tongue-in-cheek with production values similar to Venture Bros. A series based on the first game would probably use Albert as the hero, having him start out relatively wimpy but grow into his own by the end.
>>
It should be made by the 90s batman team + blood and gore.
>>
>>78466613
Back to the No More Mutants forum with you.
>>
I imagine it being done by filmation but the PSA's are all ironic
>>
>>78458890
Probably something lighthearted and stupid. Pop culture references for gamer kids and consisting only wacky monster of the week type episodes.

Honestly, I couldn't see it being any good if it doesn't go edgy.
>>
>>78458890
don't try to make a cartoon that encompasses all of fallout, just pic a couple people living in some corner of the wasteland and focus on their attempts to survive
>>
>>78462900
>developers use the areas where they live as settings for games

Oh no!
>>
File: 1440463690747.jpg (71 KB, 647x640) Image search: [Google]
1440463690747.jpg
71 KB, 647x640
>>78466557
i liked FO4 for the exploration element but the rest of it was lacking.

the exploring in FO3 and NV sucked
>>
>>78466854
I like plot of FO4 so far. First game in series made me consider if I was fighting for good guys so far. I'm really struggling with moral choice here.
>>
>>78466866
Really? The moral ambiguity was done FAR better in New Vegas.
>>
>>78466566
The dialogue (In that it all literally leads to the same result and is massively simplified), a removal of most chocie and concequence, factions that are worse than New Vegas, RPG mechanics butchered or removed (skills, traits, perks, SPECIAL etc.)

It's basically Borderlands now.
>>
>>78466903
Moral ambiguity was mostly between House and NCR. Unless you feel particularly edgy, Legion fails to present its case.

As of FO4 I'm still torn between Brotherhood, Railroad and Institute.
>>
>>78466914
>RPG mechanics butchered or removed (skills, traits, perks, SPECIAL etc.)
Original SPECIAL was kinda crappy. It had stagnating stats, usually redundant to skills, overwhelmingly generic perks, skills that are borderline useless (Last one was fixed with Fallout 3 bringing in locks and terminals in large numbers though).

Now you actually have to choose what are you going to invest yourself into.
>>
>>78466932
>skills that are borderline useless (Last one was fixed with Fallout 3 bringing in locks and terminals in large numbers though).
Are you implying that lock pick or science were useless in 1 and 2?
There were definitely enough quests where those skills and repair gave alternative solutions, to the point where they were I'd consider them among the most useful skills.
>>
>>78466919
I feel it weird that people bring up these big conflicts between big groups of people when talking about moral choices, when always the true situation of moral choices are small, personal and human.
>>
>>78466990
I said borderline. I'm pretty sure instances were countable on one hand. Although powerful, don't you think it's odd to have skills that are useless outside collecting a couple of big boons?
>>
>>78467012
Not really. In retrospect the games weren't that huge after all. Especially the first one.
Sure there could be random locked closed full of loot everywhere, but in a game where it's trivial to get enough loot to a point where you can't carry more and no store has enough money to buy stuff from you, does it need more loot caches?
>>
>>78466932
Despite it's flaws, the old SPECIAL system was infinitely superior.

It organically created characters with flaws and strengths.

Now it's a straight upgrade path with absolutely no thought involved.

People talk about constantly needing to streamline, but the skill/special system DIDN'T need to change. Yes, some of the skills were useless but they were largely fixed via the mergers made in 3 and New Vegas.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.