[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished this I don't think an ending has irritated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: ythelastman.jpg (438 KB, 1664x2560) Image search: [Google]
ythelastman.jpg
438 KB, 1664x2560
I just finished this

I don't think an ending has irritated me more than this
>>
The ending was kind of shitty, but overall the entire comic just shows that BKV is good at coming up with interesting settings but then chooses to do the most boring thing possible with them. He's a thoroughly disappointing writer.
>>
NOOOOOOOOOO

DONT YOU SEEEEEEEEEEE?!

ITS ABOUT THE JO UR NEY

NOT THE DESTINATION!!!
>>
>>78458592
And about cultur and gender polatics TO DEAP 5 U
>>
BKV has a habit of doing shit "unexpected" shit for shock value that only makes things shittier.

>>78458555
This basically.
>>
I am so glad I am not the only person who disliked this pretentious garbage.

Women didn't need men anymore so all men magically disappeared except for one and he has a monkey! He is SUPER IMPORTANT. Stay tuned to see if there is anything deeper to this twilight zone one trick plot!
>>
Ex Machina had a better ending but not much. I wanted my full on multiversal war dammit, but yeah it probably would have made everything shittier.

That 9/11 scene with the airplane was great though.
>>
Yeah i thought the ending was pretty weak in comparison to the rest of the sttory
>>
>>78458163
What did you think was going to happen?
>>
>>78458882
>Women didn't need men anymore
Most of the women would disagree with that, one was willing to kill for it
>so all men magically disappeared except for one and he has a monkey!
It's not really magic.
>He is SUPER IMPORTANT.
He actually wasn't.
>>
>>78458904
Ex Machina was already told in flashback so it's not that bad. Also the real end of the story is when he beats the reporter chick who was given mind control powers, the rest is an epilogue. BKV would have needed at least another 60 issues to get to the end of epilogue if he kept the same time scale.
>>
File: Latza.jpg (89 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Latza.jpg
89 KB, 640x960
>>78459015
All the men decided enough is enough, built a big spaceship, cloned themselves, moved to Mars, triggered all the clones to die and gave up caring about deranged sluts and feminists.

Yorick overslept and missed the spaceship.
>>
>>78459015
something better than what we got
>>
>>78459040
Wasn't the actual expectation for the extinction some hilarious pseudo scientific bullshit so stupid, the entire reveal issue might have been 20 pages of pic related being repeated over and over and it would have the same effect as what BKV actually came up with?
>>
>>78459515
>expectation
I obviously meant to type "explanation"
>>
>>78459515

I read it when it was an ongoing. There were so many red herrings as to the "explanation" that I don't even remember which one it was. And I cared enough to read it month to month.
>>
>>78459515
did you not read it?

it's kind of a mix. Dr Science dude was wrong on some shit, and you could argue the batshit feminists chick had the right overall theory. There's a lot of little hints to what the true cause was through out the story but it's left vague.

But basically I think the y-chromosome (or males in general) was always a self destructive thing and once cloning was possible that was the final push nature needed to just destroy all men. Evil Dr guy tried creating something that would abort the clone baby inside his daughter and tested it out on the monkey that got accidentally sent to Yorick. His chemical creation experiment actually made something that would protect non clone males instead of destroy cloned ones cause he was a shit dr.

Also maybe it was chinese experiments or maybe magical amulet shit brought it on. Shit ain't really all that clear.
>>
>>78459866
So, magic.

Cos chromosome Y spontaneously self destructing just because Dr Mad Mann created a clone is bullshit, the magic amulet has it in its name and the chinese theory has the least presence in the story.
>>
>>7845816
What kind of ending did you expect OP?

Giant fight at the end?
Big red undo button bringing back all males?
Everyone to live happy ever after?
>>
>>78459953
Eh you aren't wrong or right

Just quick googled hoping for something official but vaughn himself says he left shit vague and wrote in multiple possible answers just so the reader could pick whichever they wanted.

I feel like it's too coincidental that the moment cloning is made all males die. If it is just magic causing it why would that astronaut male baby not die instantly? Instead they keep him contained until they duplicate the vaccine for him.

Really if it was just random magic no vaccine would have saved Yorick or best monkey ever or Dr Evil. So I guess that leaves either culper chinese bio-attack gone wrong or y-chromosome became obsolete and nature ain't gotta explain shit. I only like the latter cause then the cra amazon bitches were technically right all along with all the other sad crazy women hinting at it and that's hilarious to me. It's likely the culper science shit though I don't get how Dr Evil dude figured how to counter that shit. I get that it was an accident but still that bugs me because that's not how science do and I'd rather an explanation be some mysterious-mother-nature-fucking-shit-up than science plot that makes no sense to me.
>>
The ending really brought the series down for me
>>
>>78460417
>he left shit vague and wrote in multiple possible answers just so the reader could pick whichever they wanted

So just like when he was writing for LOST
>>
>>78460490
that's just how bkv do.

What you gonna do about it? Write him a letter telling him to stop writing in a style that annoys you but continues to bring him money and success?

I don't hate the ending anymore. First time reading it yeah my blood was replaced with the saltiest water but after more rereadings it feels like a solid ending.
>>
>>78458163

Why the fuck do people want men dead so much?

MEN built civilization they are the other half of the Divine principle and without them there is no darma, cut that piece of the species and humanity is doomed. What retard actually believes that a mono gendered species can last more than a 100 years?
>>
>>78460644

Honestly... it kinda pisses me off. It's such an asspull.

And pretty lazy too, the author did not care, loved, his work enough to try and fix his story.
>>
Why are we complaining about the ending when Y already is shit from front to back?

It's almost 100 percent the most overrated comic ever written. Read the blurbs on the trades, jesus christ they're hyperbolic for such a lame execution.
>>
>>78459515
Officially it was shown in the comic, but as to which of the possibilities they showed was the actual cause was never specified
>>
>>78458163
The journey was great, but the ending was shit, especially with his ex-gf becoming a lesbian with his sister.
>>
>>78462477
Really, that was the shittiest plot twist ever. Damn it we waited for this more than 50 issues and then this happens.

And that black agent chick get BTFO by Jew soldier that was totally disappointment. Wish she died after the fight with that ninja.

I am not %100 sorry for buying all series in TPB but last volume is a total let down. Other 9 was great.
>>
File: 355 and Yorrick.jpg (120 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
355 and Yorrick.jpg
120 KB, 640x640
What was her name /co/
>>
>>78462477
>implying that wasn't the best and most ironic part of the entire series
>>
>>78458163
to this day i get fucking trigger when i see this fuck dude this could have taken the spot of my fav comic from fear agent but that fucking stupid ending just ruined everything that BKV did in the story
>>
>>78459217
fuck this would have been better than the shitty ending we got yorick being such a fuck up that he over slept the launch
>>
>>78463681
peace
>>
>>78458555
This. And yet Y will get universal praise from /co/mblr

it's hilarious that I actually side with tumblr proper on this one
>>
>>78458163
Who the fuck cares if the black girl dies at the end
>>
>>78461140
Look, I don't disagree with the overall tone of your post but it's most likely that women invented farming as men in hunter-gather societies don't usually don't have much to do with plants
>>
>>78458163
>Yorick gets cucked by his own sister

ARRRGHHHH
>>
>>78465095
>inb4 Alana dumps Marko for huis mother
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.