[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone prefer Otto over Peter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 778x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 778x1200
Anyone prefer Otto over Peter?
>>
>>78457054
Everyone except SJW, because they think it is a rape for some reason
>>
>>78457054
Not really.
>>
Somebody post the image, you know the one
>>
>>78457054
Yeah, although Peter has now gotten kinda better with most recent relaunch.
>>
File: Well, honestly it's.png (39 KB, 511x108) Image search: [Google]
Well, honestly it's.png
39 KB, 511x108
>>78457202
I'm by no means a conservative, and I love Otto. Stop inserting political standing and moral dualism into these discussions.

Otto was a fresh take upon the superhero franchise, and an altogether satisfying alternative experience of Spider-man. Otto provided unique moral conundrums that the villain face while self aggrandizing himself in the midst of serving the populace and living up to the name of a legacy. Otto was a story that could have been told for generations, but was cut short after a year.

It is what it is, but man was there potential.
>>
>>78457054
I found the whole concept really cool and got into spiderman because of it. Now he's gone and I'm losing interest again..
>>
>>78457054
So much potential with the Spider-Island headquarters, army of henchmen and being friends with JJ, all squandered when the time to return to status quo started creeping up, what a shame.

Still, Otto x Anna Maria is one of the few comic book romances I actually gave a shit.
>>
>>78457425

And Anna riding Peters ass to make sure he makes something of himself.
>>
Otto is fun because it's different, but Spidey is like the worst character to do it to, I think.

Especially since Spidey serves as 616's "Superman" a gifted man in the position of the average joe just trying to do the right thing. Replacing him with a cynical maniac on anything other than the short term just wasn't a good idea. Maybe in his own alternate universe book.
>>
I prefer best Spider.
>>
>>78458075
You mean worst Spider.

He's nothing like Kaine. Yost fucked his character up horribly.
>>
I'm glad it finished when it did, and I think it actually went a little too long. "Generations" is pushing it, it was already a little much that none of Peter's super friends suspected Otto.

But man a change doesn't have to last forever. It did its thing, it was good, it finished.
>>
No, but I did enjoy his tenure as Spider-man. People can say what they will about the varying quality of the writing across the different titles at the time, but it kept me interested in a way most cape comics don't. I stopped reading pretty much as soon as Peter come back too. Not that I don't love Pete, but I have zero interest in any Spider-man titles while Slott continues to man the helm.
>>
>>78458130

He took the character in a new, interesting direction. That's not the same as fucking him up.
>>
>>78458075
I like best SP//dr
>>
File: file.png (459 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
file.png
459 KB, 940x529
>>78458379
Sorry about the Spider for Ants.
>>
File: best spider.png (359 KB, 329x589) Image search: [Google]
best spider.png
359 KB, 329x589
mah texas hermano kaine > miguel > some spiders from spiderverse > any other spider
>>
No, he was a dull and obnoxious character.
>>
>>78458075
This. We can end the thread right here.
>>
File: draa spider-man.jpg (623 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
draa spider-man.jpg
623 KB, 1920x1080
>>78458389
I like Dr. Aaron Aikman best.
>>
>>78457054
nope
>>78457202
speak for yourself faggot. All Otto was was a failed attempt to be edgy angsty bitch, who got away with bullshit be a use slott can't write.
>>
>>78458130
I thought I was the only one on this board who didn't suck Yost off.
>>
>>78458130
I've read a lot of stories involving Kaine. Trust me, Scarlet Spider was a massive improvement.
>>
>>78457054
Only when we're talking about Slott's Peter, and even then, Otto fucked up badly here and there. Phil and Felicia are now more powerful and villainous than before thanks to him.
>>
>>78457202
The Spock fans are a slight step above Miles fans. Always have been, even when it was still ongoing.
>>
>>78458075
Pretty much this.
>>
>>78457054
Everyone who isn't a cuck
>>
>>78465223
Go back to /b/ if you want to fit in with memefags.
>>
>>78462067
He was the most based Spider-man ever holy shit, Spider-Gwen got an ongoing but he dies in a one shot?!
>>
>>78457054
Yes. Fuck parker
>>
>>78464949
Just curious, but what's the problem withe miles fans?
Other than pretending he has a personality
>>
>>78457054

Only shitposters, shit-tasted faggots who like shit writing and memefags.
Actually these three categories seems to be a big part of cape comics fandom, so maybe Marvel should bring him back.
>>
>>78466235
go back to bed otto
>>
>>78466453
They want him shoved in everywhere because he's black.
>He should be movie Spider-Man
>Why?
>Because of all the cool stories he has!
>Like?
>Uh
And then they name one of Peter's stories.
>>
>>78466453
From what I've seen they tend to be his fans because he's black and 'another writer can save him like Thompson saved Silk'

Liking a bad character because another writer might some day make him good seems backwards to me, but that's just me
>>
Peter was never my favorite Spider. Even when I was a kid I liked Ben more.
Peter just get shit on by writers ALL the time, it's so exhausting. Then it all changes, he gets some shit together and "Now it's time for Peter to be happy and have fun for once!", "He's a billionaire CEO now, Parker's luck is over!", except not, in 3 issues everything goes to shit worse than ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 961x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 961x1920
Other Venoms need not apply. That includes agents and kyln-tars.
>>
>>78467115
Anti-Venom was better.
>>
>>78467010
No one ever in this universe was excited for Silk if you're not counting "I want to see how horrible this shit is" types who got exactly what they wanted.

With Miles there was a possibility of something good. Sure, Marvel advertised the fuck out of his race, but he was still written by the original Ultimate Spider-Man author (I may not like the book itself, but Ultimate Pete was a fairly believable teenager, so good characterization for Miles was expected too), so there was some hoping it'd be as good.

Not even a milesfag, but I understand where they come from.
>>
File: Kotori infinite.gif (952 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
Kotori infinite.gif
952 KB, 500x425
>SpOck thread

yesss...
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 751x1063
>>78467121
As long as we agree Brock is the Superior Venom, sure.
>>
>>78457054
When both are written by Slott? Yes.
I love Slott's Otto and hate his Peter
>>
>>78457054
No, after few issue he was already boring and the plot was based about all support characters become idiots.
>>
>>78457054
>Anyone prefer Otto over Peter?

Yes, Dan Slott does
>>
>>78466945
Cry me a river pussyparker
>>
>>78457054
I miss Otto, it was a really shuddering run for Spidey. Superior had his own part of "parker luck" mainly because of his arrogance, but I liked to see a more effective Spider-man, even that less empathetic.
>>
>>78457054
When not written by Slott, sometimes yes.

>>78457202
Otto DID steal his body and use it to fuck that midget. Pretty sure that's some kind of weird ass science ghost rape.
>>
>>78457054
Nope, but it was a fun ride.
>>
File: 4891729-untitled-1-recovered.jpg (209 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
4891729-untitled-1-recovered.jpg
209 KB, 960x540
I wanted the ride to last just a little longer...
>>
SpOck was the best spider-man in years.
>>
>>78457054

Yep, that run had a lot of energy, actual stakes, solid humor and a lot of storytelling potential.
>>
>>78457054
I enjoyed that run but Otto is a horrible person, however I loved Edgelord / Punished Spider-man

I was hoping he would become the main villain or appeared in web-warriors but Marvel says my money ain't good anymore.
>>
>>78464728
>Only when we're talking about Slott's Peter
I was reading Spider-man from Ditko to McFarlane...Modern Pete is nothing like vintage Pete at all.

90's Spider-man was a lot more like his cartoon equivalent at the time.
If anything during the 90's we get a much different Peter Parker, and then we get a total stranger during the 00's. By the time Slott get's him he gets a completely different spider-man.

>>78465310
Not gonna lie, I am booty blistered over that.

Otto and Kaine were super fun.

Another thing, I liked Slott prior to his ASM #1 (2014?) but I just can't care about Spider-man or Slott. I do not think all his ideas are bad, but I just feel like the stories have been disconnected and changed so drastically it is like reading another cape title altogether.
>>
>>78472787
It's even weird that after OMD some people still want to read parker-man.
>>
>54 posts
>No pictures of the midget
You're letting me down, /co/
>>
>>78467127
Sure, you could understand why they might be hopeful, but it's been years, why cling to a shitty character?
>>
>>78467010
The only way most have been even able to salvage Miles is by turning him almost exactly into Peter character-wise.
>>
>>78467544
>Pretty sure that's some kind of weird ass science ghost rape
Actually it's not when you get down to it. She fell in love with Otto's personality and not Peter's. If she had fallen for Peter and then Otto took over and he fucked her, then yeah that's rape.
>>
>>78473616
it still wouldn't be rape, however it would make Otto a cunning dick
>>
>>78473616
She fell in love with Peter's ass
Peter's ass is appreciated across species
>>
>>78473649
Hmm, I think fucking somebody under false pretenses is a form of rape or at the very least, sexual assault.
>>
>>78457202
I don't like Spock, or Dan Slott, or anything that was written by him involving Spider-man.
>>
>>78458389
>Spiderman is an Eva
I want more.
>>
>>78457381
Read JMS's Spider-man.
>>
>>78473758
did he force her? no, she wanted the dick.
>>
>>78473882
>>78473758
Technically Peter is the one being raped here.
>>
>>78473927
I can agree with that.
>>
>>78473799
An Eva controlled by a little girl.
>>
>>78457425
>>78457935
I haven't read as much Spidey after Superior ended, it was getting boring to me. But I really miss this dynamic. Anna Maria was an awesome character, and I wish there was more of her and Otto. I love the idea of his more villanous nature coming through, but love of Anna inspiring him to do better. Actual focus on using power responsibly. When Pete didn't use it responsibly it was because he decided to just not use it at all, which was boring as fuck.
>>
>>78474136
I havent read Spider-man since Dan Slott took over, but you could try reading Spider-man before that period.
>>
File: superiorspider-man023mypyo.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
superiorspider-man023mypyo.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>78467175
Wrong again friendo.
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 800x720
>>78472931
>>
>>78472630
No, everyone else's money mattered more.
>>
>>78457054
I only like Miguel
>>
>>78474208
I did. Spider-Island was fun, but was sad when spider-fu was forgotten after wards. Guantlet was good, but the art was shit.
>>
>>78474257
Not a pedo... but I would hit it.
>>
>>78474274
>Spider-Island was fun
Spider-Island was written by Slott.
>>
>>78474136
the current thing Slott Machine is going for is that Peter's newest 'superpower' is being rich, and he doesn't know how to use it responsibly.
He keeps trying to bribe supervillains into compliance, implying they'd be cleared of all charges. He bought the Baxter Building so no one else could ruin it, but didn't bother to tell Human Torch. He built a bunch of solar generators for a 3rd world village, but the risk of said village no longer being reliant on the local warlord caused him to send mercenaries to smash the place up.
>>
>>78474410
Yes it was. I've enjoyed the majority of Slott's writing.

Silk is a trashy 14 year old girl's mary sue, but everything else is pretty good.
>>
>>78474410
>>78474274
Have you read New Ways to Die, Marvel Knights Spider-man, Spider-Man Reign or JMS's Amazing Spider-man?
>>
>>78458389
Get in the fucking plagiarobot Peter.
>>
>>78474476
Silk is no longer trashy, she is pretty alright now.
>>
>>78474498
Yes to all. Marvel Knights was a ways back so its a bit fuzzy, but yes.
>>
>>78474505
Have you seen that joke "Deviant Art" image of her? With her "Bio"? It made me laugh, but its scary how true it was... Anyone have that?
>>
>>78474505
Yeah she's very enjoyable right now. It's amazing how someone with a shitty origin can be an entertaining read when taken off of Slott's hands.

As for superior, I found the premise to be meh. Mustache twirling superhero? Yeah, sure. That's so fresh. And the goblin shenanigans? Really? I mean, considering they get ignored when seen, feed from their video footage should have shown Otto either 1) a split second of seeing a goblin tag before it goes blank or 2) a time discrepancy if the spiderbots ever rewound their videofeed to before seeing goblins just to erase the act of seeing them in the first place. That plus how pants on head retarded everyone had to be to cater to how Slott was writing Otto was absolute rubbish. I'm glad that it's done and over with, but would not mind seeing a superior writer take on the idea.
>>
>>78457054
This was a two to six issue concept stretched out well past it's welcome and I long for the day something manages to trump it in distasteful bullshit.
>>
>>78466453
The only reason he's named Miles is because calling him what he is (black Peter Parker) would be "racist ".
>>
>>78474272
Well, he deserves likes
>>
>>78472861
Back in Black Pete did resemble Peter Parker or at least the SERIOUS Parker which was more about drama than fighting wacky villains....the editorial did not like it.

>>78474266
>everyone else's money mattered more.
You mean people who love RDJ Iron man because that's spider-man now.

Everyone is RDJ is Marvel's next event.
>>
>>78466453
tb quite h there is nothing wrong with miles, any character under Bendis is bound to suck hard.

We have yet to see Miles under a competent writer.

There are not bad characters, just bad writers.
>>
Interesting idea, shit execution. It was painful seeing just how fucking retarded everyone who interacted with Spock was, never even considering that something was WRONG with Spider-Man.

Felicia gets socked in the face and incarcerated, where she goes nuts and becomes mustache-twirlingly evil because "muh street cred".

When everything starts going to shit for Otto, he literally just gives up and foists all of the bullshit he's caused onto Peter.
>>
>>78457054
I loved the romance between Otto and Anna Maria.
>>
>>78458130
I've read the Clone Saga. Its a good thing Scarlet Spider is nothing like Kaine.
>>
>>78477092
But if we've never seen him under a good writer, he hardly should have fans. By that logic, I could say Alpha is a good character.
>>
>>78457202

Well from a legal standpoint if he was going around saying his name was Peter Parker and had sex... Yes technically it was because it was "Rape be deception."

A crime in which the perpetrator has the victim's sexual consent and compliance, but gains it through deception or fraudulent statements or actions.

So unless he said "Hey I took over this body..." before fucking someone... Yeah.
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 1224x1839) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 1224x1839
>>78472787
Vintage Pete is best Pete, unless you're an Osborne.
>>
>>78479925
There was no prior relationship with Peter.

If Peter continued to fuck Anna without telling her about Otto he would be the rapist as he was not the person she fell for.
>>
>>78457054
come back to us based SpOck
>>
>>78458174
This, I can objectively see that a lot of Superior wasn't amazingly written or anything, but it was a very fun book to follow.

Dropped it after one issue of Peter being back.

Fuck man I read all of shitty, shitty Spider-Verse just for the Otto parts. He's a fun character.
>>
File: peterdeservedtodie2.png (2 MB, 489x3350) Image search: [Google]
peterdeservedtodie2.png
2 MB, 489x3350
He was the one true Spider-Man in my eyes.
>>
>>78480375
Pig apologist
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.