[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any recommended GL reading for John Stewart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 4915420-j6.jpg (97 KB, 377x640) Image search: [Google]
4915420-j6.jpg
97 KB, 377x640
I don't want to ask the John Stewart fans on CBR, because they're insufferable. Are there are decent stories or runs that feature him, particularly newer stuff?
>>
>>78452337
GL: Mosaic
>>
>>78452351
This.
>>
>>78452337
>particularly newer stuff?
New 52 GLC

I didn't read Tomasi's new 52 GLC but I've read parts of Jensen's and it was pretty good, and John was basically the main character

He was the focus character in Lost Army but I thought that was kind of boring

also seconding Mosiac
>>
>>78452337
>Any recommended GL reading for John Stewart?
Yeah, there's this thing called Google that you can use to find stuff to read. Unless you're a lazy piece of shit, in which case you'd be going to some message board to ask insipid questions or something.

.... OH WAIT. Get out.
>>
>>78452351
>>78452388
Thanks. Yeah I've heard good things about Mosaic, and about Tomasi's New 52 GLC. Haven't heard much about the post-Johns GL line at all, other than some praise for Red Lanterns.
>>
Mosaic is the GOAT John stuff
Modern GLC is decent
>>
>>78452643
>and about Tomasi's New 52 GLC
his pre-new 52 GLC was great, but John didn't really show up in that
>>
>>78452337
No.

Let's be honest here only one person in the comic industry ever gave a shit about that character and now he's 6 feet under.

Hal has editorial backing
Guy has Giffen
Kyle has 90s fags and the best new writer at DC.(not even that could save him)

But Stewart he doesn't have anybody.(living anyway)
>>
File: Green_Lantern_V2_#205_03.jpg (183 KB, 887x356) Image search: [Google]
Green_Lantern_V2_#205_03.jpg
183 KB, 887x356
>>78453705
Mcduffie had to make him a muhreen and reinvent him to use him. He was just his boytoy who he liked because he didn't have a moronic background(to Mcduffie that is) like most black characters
>>
Mosaic is the most common recommendation.

Also the Tales of the Green Lantern Corps by Steve Engelhart is where the bulk of his character history occurred.

>>78452428
Here we go again
>>
>>78452337
I actually prefer John Stewart over the rest of the core. I grew up with Green Lantern being black from watching Justicd League as a child. It wasn't until later that I learned there were multiple green lanterns.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.