[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://www.vice.com/read/moral-ore l-is-the-most-depress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Orel-300x200.jpg (5 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Orel-300x200.jpg
5 KB, 300x200
>http://www.vice.com/read/moral-orel-is-the-most-depressing-adult-swim-show-of-all-time-456?utm_source=vicefbus

Vice wrote an article about Moral Orel.
>>
What's Vice and should I care?
>>
>>78452155
Hip new news media that garners a lot of readers.

Any publicity towards Moral Orel is a good thing IMO.
>>
>>78452155
Why should we explain anything to a cunt too lazy to google?
>>
>Yeah, but Lazzo realized I had killed his favorite character, Orel, as an innocent. He's right. I fucked up. I fucked up [Orel]. I love season three and I feel like I could still go three or four more seasons and get into Moralton as a town.

>I think Lazzo felt personally affronted by what I did to Orel and cancelled it a little bit out of spite. I like Lazzo, I still talk to him, we're still friends. He wants to do another Moral Orel special, but he said, "It better be hilarious. I know you got it in you." I don't know how to make Moral Orel hilarious anymore. To me, the seriousness has humor in it.

Sounds like Lazzo isn't looking for creativity anymore.
>>
>Lazzo wants more specials and I don't know if I can write another piece of Moral Orel that's just plain humorous. I have the poster here from when we did [the special episode] Beforel Orel , and there's a quote from him that says, "Smart, amusing, but not really funny."

I wish Lazzo didn't see the Adult Swim brand as ONLY humor and anime.
>>
vice has gone to shit in the last 2 years
>>
>>78452155
a hipster side that likes to lie about things to push a left leaning, pro social justice agenda
>>
>>78452280
Their travel videos are really the only thing I enjoy. The Vice guide to Liberia and North Korea are fantastic little docs for people who know next to nothing about those countries.
>>
>>78452280

Harmony Korine's documentary was pretty neat.
>>
>>78452395
Oh, and the suicide forest one is amazing.
>>
>>78452155
Clickbait and wannabe Gawker competitor. Best known for their "lol male tears" bait articles.
>>
>>78452436
I think people underestimate how big a brand Vice is now. Disney owns a large chuck of it, and they're getting their own channel soon.
>>
I HOPE I CUT MYSELF SHAVING TOMORROW
>>
>>78452620
I HOPE IT BLEEDS ALL DAY LONG
>>
The onion vice parody was great.

Also the other parody made by fred armisen and that other snl guy.
>>
Lazzo treats [as] audience as braindead simpletons and wants to give them what he thinks they want.

It's hard to fault him when he sees re-runs of FG crush everything else in ratings year-in and year-out. In his mind, that's what his audience is clamoring for.
>>
>>78452650
OUR FRIENDS SAY ITS DARKEST BEFORE THE SUN RISES
>>
>>78452822
WE'RE PRETTY SURE THEY'RE ALL WRONG
>>
File: 1451099408964.jpg (30 KB, 552x631) Image search: [Google]
1451099408964.jpg
30 KB, 552x631
>>78452336
the travl vids are great but their articles are cancer.
these are just some I've seen from their snapchat story
>how to trip on LSD during christmas dinner
>St.Nick was created by a shroom crazed maniac
>How to be a male feminist
>Drinking tea with ISIS fighters
>what it's like to do acid during thanksgiving
>the punk rock scence in the Philipines
>1970s rap scene in LA
>the Latina punk rock scene in San Francisco in the mid 90's
>I did shrooms with (random hipster band) [theres like 30 articles of these]
>Smoking Pot during church services for 10 years

it's cancer
>>
>>78453076
to be fair, "dropping acid at the Westminster Dog Show" was fantastic
>>
>>78453076
Yeah, most of their 'comedy' or 'social commentary' articles are just garbage. I think they really need to segregate from that aspect and stick to the video medium, because that's where they shine... And that's how they've grown in popularity over the past few years.
>>
This makes me feel pretty good. I started watching Moral Orel two days ago, and I binged it harder than any other show I can think of, except maybe Bojack. I think, though, that Rick and Morty might be able to beat Moral Orel depending on how heavy next season is. I feel like it will be extremely heavy, hopefully with stuff that will be Alone levels of dark. We've seen that Rick and Morty can be dark and retrospective like Moral Orel, and it could definitely go down the road of Orel, where it becomes a lot more driven by character drama and characterization in season 3. I doubt it will go full out animated drama like Orel, and quite honestly, I don't want it to. It might not be as consistently dark and depressing as Orel, but if season 3 is good, it could bring some episodes that are as dark or darker than the best of Orel.
>>
>>78453146
yeah I also liked "Meeting the Former Prime Minister of Vietnam to Drop 30 Hits From a Phallic Bong" it really made me think about the southwester United States and it's impact on transfeminism and it's relation to Santa Fe in the mid 2000's with it's PCP crisis.
>>
>>78453076
The drug and music culture is how Vice started, then they tried to be serious, and now they're going full SJW retard. I blame Shane Smith for booting out Gavin McInnes. Gavin's a retard on plenty of issues but he wouldn't put up with any SJW bullshit and wouldn't be as retarded on some issues as he is now if he wasn't bitter and trying to spite Shane Smith and by extension Vice.

Shane Smith is a giant self-aggrandizing douche and a liar but Vice wouldn't have done most of there genuinely good shit without him looking for something to sell and/or take credit for. He's a salesman, a good one, but in no way the journalist he tries to sell himself as.
>>
>>78453718
I've never really gotten why people think Vice is SJW pandering... Can you point to a specific article or video?
>>
>>78452748
and a fairly large percentage of them actually are, I'm sure. Their best shows are all pretty niche and if they kept that level of oddball quality up in every one of their shows, they'd go broke. They need the big fuckoff unsubtle ones to stay in business and fund the experiments.
>>
>>78452471
So the cancer is growing then? Wonderful.
>>
>>78452272
>>78452218
So lazzo is the cancer. Got it.

As I recall didn't lazzo bitch at the creator saying that morel orel wasn't serious enough and too campy?
>>
>>78455535
I dont think that's the case. Lazzo told Dino he loved "Nature" so Dino thought that allowed him to go dark as hell for S3
>>
>>78455223
Oh yeah, they are co opted big time.
Shane Smith was always a fat coke snorting douche, they only ever wanted to write about skateboarding and skinny jeans. They just got lucky with a few good travel videos
>>
>>78452122
>tfw listening to "no children" for the first time.
>>
>>78452395
He did a documentary?
>>
>>78452436
I miss their old Gonzo journalism days with that awkward white guy doing drugs and helping people kidnap wives in less civilized parts of the world
>>
ITT: Shows that got screwed by the network, but would never have made it on any other network.
>>
Did anyone else get worried for a second when they read "a decade after its cancellation?"
>>
File: BENSON IS ENRAGED.png (342 KB, 512x352) Image search: [Google]
BENSON IS ENRAGED.png
342 KB, 512x352
>>78452218
>He wants to do another Moral Orel special, but he said, "It better be hilarious. I know you got it in you." I don't know how to make Moral Orel hilarious anymore. To me, the seriousness has humor in it.
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT LAZLO I WANT TO CRY MY FUCKING EYES OUT AT A POST-SEASON 3 SPECIAL AND I'M GONNA CLAW YOUR FUCKING EYES OUT FOR NOT LETTING IT HAPPEN
>>
File: facepalm mandy.jpg (13 KB, 261x271) Image search: [Google]
facepalm mandy.jpg
13 KB, 261x271
>>78452122
>I just thought it was perfect timing. They wanted me to do the show in stop motion, Bush was in the White House, and the religious right was out of control. They still are
>They still are
Dino, where the fuck have you been? It's the authoritarian left now. The religious right barely has any power at all anymore.

I was downright fedora when this show first aired. Now, I'm a Steven Crowder fan, because I realize the balance of power has shifted, and now the left is doing the same shit the right once did, but in the name of fee-fees instead of righteousness. I'm surprised you don't recognize that, being the edgelord that you are.
>>
>>78460974
Metalocalypse. Although I could maybe see a tamer version on another network.
>>
Am I the only one who actually genuinely enjoyed it because it showed Christianity community as a whole in a town?

Like everyone always talks about the feels and all the sad shit, but do they ever realize this is how Christianity communities work? The first two seasons are what you see when you first become part of the community, but then you realize something. Not everyone is wholesome, happy, and full of joy and holy spirit. They are all really fucked up people, with fucked up pasts that have committed sins that you would never guess from the first impression they gave you and end up covering up their dark pasts and their dark emotions to save face with everyone else who just lives a huge lie.
>>
>>78460974
Moral Orel would do well on Netflix. We have Bojack Horseman and F is for Family now. Hell, why doesn't Dino get a Netflix show, even if it isn't Orel?
>>
>>78461548
He could get Trent made from a comic to a cartoon.

Trent is his new comic he wrote based on a script he had during his Mr Show days
>>
I don't know anything about the internals of AS but Lazzo sounds like a hack with more power than he deserves

Did he have much of a reputation before this interview?
>>
>>78461473

He probably sees how much support Trump is getting and interpreting it as the religious right being too big still
>>
>>78452330
>left leaning, pro social justice agenda
You mean enforcing reality and basic universal moral standards? There's a reason why reality has a liberal bias.
>>
>>78459993

Yeah, it's not bad (and the guy in it feels like he basically should've been a Gummo character anyway).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFYIHwxY5dY
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.