[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Avengers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: New_Avengers_Vol_2_1.jpg (1 MB, 1183x1814) Image search: [Google]
New_Avengers_Vol_2_1.jpg
1 MB, 1183x1814
Is the post Bendis run worth reading? Does Jessica Jones do anything more than cry about Luke or her baby?
>>
>>78445118
Jessica isn't in the post-Bendis run. The post-Bendis run on New Avengers is just an Illuminati book.
>>
>>78445118
Skip it
>>
>>78445502
That's not true. You're thinking of Hickman. Post Bendis is the usual NA team with the Hulk going against Demons
>>
>>78445686
I mean The Thing, not The Hulk
>>
>>78445118
>Jessica Jones
What are her powers and history again? I don't know her beyond penhouse wife with a baby.
>>
>>78445686
That's still Bendis, nigga, it's written on that cover too
>>
>>78445118
is there any avengers run in which spiderman gets treated with respect and act cool?
I hate it that he is constantly pushed in the position of comic relieve
>>
>>78446241
If you want to see him be a Mary Sue just read his self-titled series.
There's decades of it.
>>
>>78445686
Post-Bendis means "AFTER Bendis." The run you're talking about is still written by Bendis. For fucks sake, it says Bendis right on the cover.
>>
>>78445686
Hickman's is post-Bendis, you moron
>>
Bendis New Avengers is worth reading up until Secret Invasion, then it's not even worth looking at after it splits into two books (I think it was three at some point) as all his talent started going towards Dark Avengers. Jessica doesn't really have stories in the book after SI anyway so it works out perfectly.
Some of the AvX tie-ins and the last few issues of New Avengers are decent as well, but 90% of the Heroic Age is garbage.
>>
Bendis stopped writing after Siege you morons
>>
>>78447132
I guess in a way, he really did.
>>
>>78447132
That is about when he gave up trying for good, yes
>>
>>78445118
>Does Jessica Jones do anything more than cry about Luke or her baby?
>>
>>78446042
She's really good at taking dick.
>>
>>78447463
>black suit Spidey
>someone gets shot
What happens next?
>>
>>78445118

The only Bendis Avenger runs worth reading is the first volume of New Avengers starting with the Breakout arc and the Dark Avengers aka "Bendis does a good job of copying Ellis."
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.