[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 will be start of the third dark age for animation, I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
2016 will be start of the third dark age for animation, I can feel it in my blood. Remember: the "sixth" year of a decade tends to be the apocalypse year, or the "666" year, for just about all forms of media.

In 1966, the golden age of cartoons in the theatrical era (or what was left with it) pretty much died completely. Rudy Larriva, who directed some bad-but-sometimes-decent Looney tunes shorts, was replaced with the much worse Alex Lovy. Limited animation was in, thanks to Hanna-barbera.

In 1976, disco started to become a formidable force in music (unrelated to cartoons, but still follows the "sixth year" idea).

In 1996, Nick cancelled Pete & pete, had Gerry laybourne replaced by Herb scannell as president, and slowly began to enter their "hip, new" phase.

Also in 1996, Disney Channel hired Anne sweeney as their head. The next year, she turned it from a premium channel with Disney classics into a basic cable tweencom channel.

In early 2006, Nick replaced Herb scannell as president with Cyma zarghami, making the channel go from "meh" to "worse". Avatar started getting treated like crap and shoved around different timeslots. Naked brothers band came out. Spongebob, after the first half of season 4 was mediocre, had an even crappier second half of that season. Spongebob started to take over the schedule and hog the space of every other show.

Also in 2006, Disney channel completed their transition to full-tween channel, with Hannah montana and High school musical. Shows such as Recess, Weekenders, and fillmore were off the schedule. Kim possible was cancelled.

Throughout 06, CN aired the Re-animated movie. They ran Saved by the Bell on Adult swim for April Fools'. Commercials with Fred Fred Burger and Cheese were spammed. They cancelled Teen Titans after the "Trouble in tokyo" movie. Advertising really pushed that Ben 10 and Squirrel Boy shit. The DCAU ended with Justice league.

In 2016, something will happen. Nobody knows WHAT, but it'll be something...
>>
Why did you make this thread twice?
Also, why did you leave out 1986?
>>
Man, 2006 was such a shitty year. It basically just continued the tradition of 2005
>>
>>78437612
I couldn't think of anything for that year
>>
>>78437528
>Avatar started getting treated like crap and shoved around different timeslots

Avatar was always a shitty show.

>In 2016, something will happen nobody knows WHAT, but it'll be something...

All the furry movies coming out will bring us a bright new yiffy future.
>>
>>78437528
Oh shut the fuck up. You're only saying all that shit because you're allergic to liking things.

It's the same every year. Some new shows come out, one or two get popular, the most popular ones get shitposted to oblivion, there's memes, and everyone ends up fighting and yelling stupid buzzwords at each other.

Fucking /co/. Bunch of needlessly hateful and whiny cunts, the lot of you.
>>
>>78437640
Then shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>78437657
>stop ruining muh board
>it's my board only for me
>>
>>78437972
>defending the "we hate literally everything" attitude
Kill yourself, you cancerous wretch.
>>
>>78437640
Then that completely destroys your fucking theory! The Madden curse holds more weight than this!
>>
>>78437640
So then that proves there is no pattern.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.