[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the main character or his/her family is related to someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: dusty.png (192 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
dusty.png
192 KB, 500x376
>the main character or his/her family is related to someone famous or is a family's old friend
Why do they do this?
>>
>>78427217
Where else have they done this?

Optimistic part of me wants to say they were just having fun with the fact a Texan Celebrities had the same last name.
Pessimistic part thinks it's probably just a ratings stunt.
>>
>>78427217
To be fair that was a cool episode.
>>
>>78427306
Arthur had an episode where sax artist Joshua Redman was revealed to be Francine's cousin.
And in another episode, Mrs. McGrady was shown to be friends with blues artist Koko Taylor.
>>
>>78427427
Somewhat, but they're really love torturing Hank Hill throughout that episode.

>>78427535
Mr. Roger is apparently the Reeds family's friend.
>>
Is that chuck mangione?
>>
>>78427306
>Jessica Simpson is the cousin of Bart, Lisa and Maggie.

>Kathy Griffin is Peter Griffin's cousin.
>>
>>78427306
Oddly in Bones, Billy Gibbons is the father of Angela Montenegro.

It may as well be him because he dresses normally and talks about music. And they refer to him as 'Angela's Father'
>>
File: 326385825367.png (353 KB, 674x451) Image search: [Google]
326385825367.png
353 KB, 674x451
>>78427217

is this girl related to hank then?
>>
>>78427556
And it wasn't for the sake of the audience's amusement or anything. They apologize to Hank at the end thinking he felt it was all in good fun before when Hank felt otherwise. It is only really bad when the character is treating another like shit and you're supposed to find that funny (in king of the hills case, many other shows can do that with hilarious results).

>>78427306
I always leaned towards the first part since I think their ratings were fine and it just looked like they did it all because the last name. If it wasn't for that I think he wouldn't have appeared. The American chopper people seemed more like a stunt but even then it was just a normal guest star thing.
>>
>>78428439
Nope. That's Bill Gibbons, lead singer/guitar of ZZ Top

Dusty Hill is the Bassist.
>>
i hate that shit
if you want to have a cameo just call the fucking kettle black instead of hamfisting it into the canon
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.