[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please tell me...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: godtier.jpg (852 KB, 2351x1800) Image search: [Google]
godtier.jpg
852 KB, 2351x1800
Why people even bother recommending any other X-Men books. Claremont is dated trash, it HAS NOT aged well. Also inb4 Uncanny X-Force. It's only good during the Dark Angel arc desu senpai.
>>
File: Cyclops - Messiah CompleX.jpg (522 KB, 1280x2040) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops - Messiah CompleX.jpg
522 KB, 1280x2040
>>78421333
I'll take the bait.

Messiah CompleX and Necrosha were good reads.
>>
>>78421333
I'll take as well. Claremont is god, and his book actually were, and still are ahead of the time.
Just because there are no quips or the stories are compressed doesn't mean that it's not good.

People recommend x-books, because they are the only good stuff that marvel ever produced. X-Men, Kirby/Lee FF and Spider-Man
>>
>>78421333
Why you even bother to be born as a retard? Your parents obviously don't want you. Your very existence is a big mistake. You should be locked away deep underground with nothing but a loo and a rat as your privilege.
>>
>>78421333

I too will take the bait.

Uncanny X-Force is a modern classic. IT was best during the Apocalypse and Dark Angel arcs, sure, but it was still pretty decent afterwards and had the best Deadpool in years.
>>
>>78421593
>and Spider-man
Is this a fucking joke? There are no a-list franchises at Marvel with as few good runs as him. His popularity is inspite of his books.
>>
>>78422423
Except most of his runs are good.
>>
>>78421333
I kind of agree about Claremont, I couldn't stomach reading his insanely expository writing but holding up Astonishing like it's some kind of masterpiece is laughable
>>
>>78421333
Astonishing is a bigger piece of shit because not only the stories are beyond stupid, it also tried to go back to Claremont's dated trash and failed at even that.
>>
>>78421333

>Astonishing

People keep holding this up like it's some deep thought provoking X-Men run, but it's more like a fun popcorn flick than anything else.

If New X-Men is Full Metal Jacket, Astonishing X-Men is Rambo.
>>
>>78422639
>Astonishing X-Men is Rambo
X-Men don't kill.
:^)
>>
>>78422659
Alright, well if New X-Men is 2001: A Space Odyssey, Astonishing X-Men is Armageddon.

If New X-Men is The Shawshank Redemption, Astonishing X-Men is The Longest Yard.

If New X-Men is Silence of the Lambs, Astonishing X-Men is Paranormal Activity.
>>
>>78422696
>If New X-Men is Silence of the Lambs, Astonishing X-Men is Paranormal Activity.
So, what you're saying is that they're both shit?
>>
>Whedon
Hello, Reddit!
>>
>>78422639
Rambo is a good action movie.
If you want a bad war drama as a counter-example, try Pearl Harbor 2001
>>
>>78422709

The comparison isn't meant to be 'good movie, bad movie', it's meant to be 'deep intelligent movie, dumb fun movie'
>>
>>78422723
But Paranormal Activity is anything but fun.
and Silence of the Lambs is anything but intelligent or deep
>>
>>78422723
Rambo wasn't "dumb fun" either. A traumatised war veteran getting abused by local police and snapping isn't exactly my idea of fun. I have no clue where people get that idea, it's like they've seen an entirely different movie.
>>
>>78422804
Next you'll say that Winter Soldier isn't spy thriller.
>>
>>78422842
That's First Blood, the later Rambos were totally just action movies.
>>
>>78422723
but Astonishing isn't dumb fun, it's just dumb
>>
>>78421333
I think it was all enjoyable up until schism. Then AvX and on was just utter shit.
>>
>>78422423
At least %90 of Spidey's books are GOAT. The ones that are bad are so fucking bad that people think it's the other way around.
>>
>>78422696
So apples and oranges in terms of what they try to accomplish storywise?
>>
>>78421333
>Claremont is dated trash, it HAS NOT aged well.

Even if that is the case, it still has significance due to everybody being influenced by his 17 years long run.

And really? Whedon's Astonishing? That shit was one gigantic fanfic derived out of Claremont's run.
>>
>>78421333

How can you call Claremont's run trash when Whedon's and Morrison's runs are essentially fan service?
>>
>tfw you like Claremont's, Morrison's, Whedon's, and Remender's runs
Feels good not being a faggot like the rest of you.
>>
>>78425194
Whedon's? Sure. But it's great fan service. But Morrison's? Lol no. He actually changed the status quo of the X-Men by the end of his run. Yes, Marvel tried to change it all back to where it was before, but that doesn't change the fact Grant wasn't fan servicing anyone. You can't call what he did with Magneto fan service considering how many jimmies that rustled.
>>
>>78421333
You're a bitch op. Not a faggot, a bitch.
>>
>Liking Astonishing
>Not liking Uncanny X force
OP your taste are fucking shit. Astonishing undid everything Morrison set up, had terrible dialogue and pacing issues.

Uncanny was a spiritual successor to Morrison's run and kept the high tier thematics and singular over arching story.
>>
Before you even get to the fresh, original and solid stories and kick ass pencils and paneling that define the period- just the inking on Conway/Romita/Kane/Andru era ASM and Claremont/Cockrum X-Men make them better than anything Marvel has produced in a long, long time.
I have been binging on Unlimited, and nothing comes close to 60's-70's Marvel.
>>
>>78421333
Sorry, but your image is trash too. The only X-men books that should ever be recommended is pic related.
>>
>>78425598
Stop it, Conan The Baitarian.
>>
File: 1430658873499.jpg (412 KB, 960x706) Image search: [Google]
1430658873499.jpg
412 KB, 960x706
>>78422804
>and Silence of the Lambs is anything but intelligent or deep
It's not about the dialogue or the story, it's about the acting and cinematography. I bet you are blind or something.
>>
Spurrier's Xmen Legacy & X-Club
Gillen's Uncanny and AvX Consequences are good in spite of all the status quo involved
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.