[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never really watched it as a kid, as more into Tiny Toons. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: animaniacsxk0.png (233 KB, 400x404) Image search: [Google]
animaniacsxk0.png
233 KB, 400x404
Never really watched it as a kid, as more into Tiny Toons.
I've obviously heard good things, but can someone elaborate? What makes it good?
>>
Good: it's often clever and well-written.
Bad: it's full of dated celebrity name drops that were tacky even when they weren't dated.

It's a bit hit-and-miss overall, but it's got its moments. Such as this obligatory one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNJ6dFwh8a4
>>
>What makes it good?
Slappy and Skippy
>>
>>78420393
If pop culture refs are one of the major flaws, it seems worth a watch. That's not even that bad.

>>78420399
Guess I'll check out an episode with them in it.
Any recommendations? Or just start from 001?
>>
File: Giraffe maid.png (1 MB, 1366x1190) Image search: [Google]
Giraffe maid.png
1 MB, 1366x1190
What makes it good? This.
>>
>>78420444
>muh yiff fantasies
fuck off
>>
File: b2947864fb73_sf_3.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
b2947864fb73_sf_3.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
Made me want to jump off or toss TV off 14th floor balcony.

RIP tv
>>
>>78420346

Looking back after watching it on The Hub, it was a lot more of a mixed bag than I realized as a kid.

The Warners themselves were hit or miss and only a few of the backup segments were any good. The Pinky and the Brain, Rita and Runt, and Slappy were usually pretty solid.

A lot of them were just a joke stretched way too thin like Katie Kaboom, the rambling kid, and Goodfeathers. Especially Goodfeathers, which is a single, not particularly funny joke that has to carry numerous six minute shorts.

Some of them like the Hip Hippos and Mindy and Buttons were just excruciating to watch.
>>
>>78420346
Freakazoid was better so...

Watch it instead.
>>
>>78420430
It's a sketch comedy, you can start from any point and lose nothing. Continuity is meaningless here.
>>
>>78420393
That and it's unclever and crass about as often as its clever.

>>78420430
The humor can also be very repetitive. Be ready to have the exact same joke based on an outdated reference in every one of the 99 episodes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Izlj01JDZs
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.