[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So DC is going to be hiring a whole lotta New talent that isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: milestone-poster.jpg (1 MB, 2124x1280) Image search: [Google]
milestone-poster.jpg
1 MB, 2124x1280
So DC is going to be hiring a whole lotta New talent that isn't just white guys?

Who are you hoping gets signed, and on what projects do you want to see them on?
>>
>Hudlin
>no McDuffie
It's dead on arrival.
>>
>>78416533

Christopher Priest on anything as long as it's advertised well and given a chance
>>
>>78416600
>It's dead on arrival.
Just like McDuffie.
>>
>>78416648
Maybe, doesn't Priest kind of resent being seen as a black author? Wasn't part of him leaving Marvel that he wanted to write for white characters but just kept getting Black Panther or The Falcon

I'd like to see Ron Wimblery and Ed Piskor. I know Piskor is white, I'd just like to see him contribute something
>>
>>78416725
Yes he hates it a lot.

Anyway David Walker seems to be the new "black writer" now. DC has him on Cyborg and Marvel has him on that book with Luke Cage.
>>
>>78416685
Eh.
>>
>>78416725
Does DC have a history of doing that? If not, i dont see what would be stopping him from writing for them.
>>
>>78416533
the fuck does it matter what color they are? i mean theyre american, right? so most of them will be white, most of the rest iwll be hispanics and arabs
>>
>>78416533
Al Ewing because he's clearly enamored of blacks.
>>
>>78416725
I'd accept Priest on anything, dude deserves to write whatever character he wants
>>
>>78416766
Not sure, all I know about Priest and DC is that he wrote a Steel run with Denys Cowan that's supposed to be pretty good
>>
>>78416777
>I don't know what Milestone is please ignore my worthless opinion
>>
>>78416533
I'm not understanding how hiring people because of the color of their skin isn't racist.

Is all of America just racist against white people?

This is some no Irish need apply shit.
>>
>>78416805
He also wrote a bit of Green Lantern in Action Comics Weekly
>>
>>78416766

DC had him on the Ray, who definitely was not black
>>
>>78416839
White people like Geoff Johns are confirmed to be working on the new Milestone, idiot. Please stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>78416875
Geoff Johns is fucking Lebanese.
>>
>>78416888
Since when
>>
>>78416888
Woah woah woah I'm Lebanese, are you saying I'm not white? Should I be bitching about stupid PC shit 24/7?

What in the fuck is going on in America right now.

THIS IS MADNESS.
>>
>>78416908
since birth I guess? he's half Lebanese

Lebanese people are practically white though
>>
>>78416888
>lebanese people can't be white
>implying he doesn't look like the whitest motherfucker around
Are you the same kind of idiot who thinks there's no such thing as a white latino?
>>
>>78416888

Geoff Johns is from Detroit which is America's equivalent of Africa
>>
They're reprinting the first 20 issues of Static and Icon
>>
>>78416912
it's not the same because you eat weird cultural food
>>
>>78416888
HALF Lebanese
>>
>>78416533
Well webcomic folk are getting hired now adays.

The Hypercrisis Bro is black, what comic would you like to see him on?
>>
>>78417158
Race works on MTG multi color rules. You count as both.
>>
>>78417054
>Static
Waste of paper
>>
>>78416533
The color of someones skin should not be a criteria for hiring them or not. Their talent should get them hired.
>>
I hate positive action hiring

What about that white guy who's a far better artist/writer than the diversity hire but the white guy quota has already been met.
>>
>ITT: /co/ complains about comics they were never going to read in the first place
I'll admit this is pretty hilarious.
>>
>>78418350
>>78418541
That's what we get for importing niggers to the New World.
>>
>>78419655
>we
>>
>>78417333
You count as whatever is darker

White < Middle eastern < Hispanic (light) < East Asian < Indian < Hispanic (dark)/Native American < African
>>
>>78416766
DC let write him Batman story.
>>
I'm Jewish
does that count?
never tried writing, but I would probably be better than a few currently employed DC writers
at least I love the characters
>>
>>78416533
I'm hoping they sign people with proven talent regardless of their race or gender.
>>
>>78420095
Certain places say that prequalifies you to work in any aspect of the "liberal media"
>>
ryan kelly on hellblazer, with a good writer and just a little bit dcu interaction
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.