[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nameless #6 Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Nameless_06-1.png (183 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_06-1.png
183 KB, 585x900
So....what was the threat exactly?
>>
>>78414178
OP here -> I think "God" was a trapped demon in the realm of human imagination/dreams rather than in physical space?

Because it didn't seem like there was an actual space mission, and all the violence that was happening was, AFAICTell, in the "5th Dimension of Imagination" as GM might say.

Anyway, best I got.
>>
> I think "God" was a trapped demon in the realm of human imagination/dreams rather than in physical space?
Yes

AFAIK though, Razor House DID happen, so the hexaconalith wiping out the dinosaurs and all that jazz DID happen as well.
>>
>>78414178
What a shitty comic. It's right up there with Happy! as one of Morrison's worst.
>>
Maybe I'm just a little burnt out on his style but I find myself less and less interested in doing the ridiculous amount of work necessary to even understand what the fuck is happening in the basic plot of Morrison's creator owned stuff.

Plus it's boring how everyone one of his protagonists is just a super kewl young Morrison stand-in who's bored and fucked up and doesn't trust reality and gets dragged along by more capable characters and says stuff like, "Fuck fucking cunt, this is fucked!" and "The whole's world ending? I haven't done nearly enough drugs to deal with this!" or "I have writer's block and I ran out of cocaine 4 hours!"
>>
I dropped it after 3 because I found it impossible to follow. Does it get any clearer or should I just give up on it?
>>
>>78414513

Doesn't get clearer or easier
>>
>>78414178
You, anon. It was you all along.

And that's as valid answer as any.
>>
Can someone give a one paragraph concise plot synopsis of this comic?
>>
>>78415804

I would be surprised if anyone could. This is your typical Morrison story jacked up to 11. Without knowing a bunch of religious background and occult shit, you're likely to miss 95% of the story. Hell, I know a little and still felt like I missed 95% of it. It's just not a well told story. That being said, here's my attempt to summarize.

A professional dream thief thinks he's being recruited by a nameless super corporation to save the world from an asteroid named Xibulba, years after a scarring event involving Xixaxaar (probably spelled that one wrong), a crazy space-key to a prison housing what we have always understood to be god, who is actually a psychopath prisoner of war from another dimension imprisoned by the Titans (precursors to the Greek gods) after their million year war.

This is where things get muddy (muddier?).

I keep trying to explain more but I don't really get it myself. I THINK the last issue would have us believe that the space mission was never real, never happened and the entire series took place in the main character's head while he was possessed by god in Razor House.

Fuck if I know man, this was Morrison at his most obscure and least satisfying.
>>
>>78415804

An evil entity that controls the minds of humans and makes them commit spree-murders was locked within a cosmic prison by a deceased races of ancient alien titans. A nameless psychic thief is hired by a rich guy to help deal with an ancient artifact that is the key to that cosmic prison. He fucks up big time.
>>
>>78416029

But anon, none of that shit ever happened. Paul Darius died at Razor House. The entire comic book can be said to take place in Nameless' head.
>>
>>78415951
>I keep trying to explain more but I don't really get it myself. I THINK the last issue would have us believe that the space mission was never real, never happened and the entire series took place in the main character's head while he was possessed by god in Razor House.

I think it was "real," just that his mind was compromised and so his perception of time became irrevocably warped.

The one pilot was able to get the space prison to crash into the moon, where it can't be opened by the key. I guess.

Basically he fucked up but was still able to "win"

Knowing Morrison, there can be multiple levels of truth.
>>
>>78416088

That's what god wants you to think.
>>
>>78416245

Fuck you, Grant.
>>
I have no issue with Morrison's more complex stuff but I just read this for the second time and I still have issues even understanding if the story is linear or not.

I remember Burnham saying that he was a good match for Morrison because his clean simple style grounds Morrison high concepts. Didn't help this time.
>>
>>78416544

The story is not linear. Morrison said something at the outset akin to even numbered issues being linear and odds being fever dream type things. Fucking I dunno man.
>>
>>78416544
>I remember Burnham saying that he was a good match for Morrison
I thought it was because he was Quitely-lite.
Seeing Burnham do the E for Extinction Secret Wars comics pretty much cemented this idea for me.
>>
>>78416620

It's true on the whole but he's found his own style. He's more cartoony than Quitely but also more into gruesome violence. He was pretty much perfect for the end of the Bat epic because he gave us a good cartoony light timeless Batman feel but could also draw someone getting the shit beat out of them and give it tension
>>
>>78416544

With all of the flashbacks and questioning what is real, the story was far from linear. You might be able to make a timeline out of it, but will still wonder what physically happened.
>>
I...it's fucking different as hell from the usual capeshit, which I like, but so far I don't understand it, which I don't. Maybe it would be better if I read it while high.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.