[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so Bad About It?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10
File: header.jpg (135 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
135 KB, 460x215
>>
Fuck what everyone says about them shitting on Aang. Sokka was shit on more than anyone else
>>
>>78409661
Game was too short and needed more variety in the triad enemies.
>>
>>78409719
Because he's a non entity essentially as far as the Korra era's concerned
>>
>>78409747
I didn't like it
>>
>>78409661
Season 2
>>
>>78409747
Well its a budget babies' first character action game. It's fair for what it was
>>
>show explains everything in detail, even if it means fucking up the continuity of The Last Airbender
>didn't bother explaining how Amon was able to take away a person's bending
>>
>>78409661
Nothing. A bunch of neckbeards have made it their life's goal to hate on and shit on the show whenever it comes up or whenever their autism strikes, though.
>>
>>78409854
>fucking up the continuity of The Last Airbender
In what way?
>>
>>78409811
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>78409888
Mostly on how people learned how bend elements
>>
>>78409908
Just I'm sure this was the best they could pump out with the money allotted to them without sacrificing performance
>>
>>78409938
But it didn't fuck anything up at all, then.

People still learned how to bend the elements from the respective sources(Dragons, Badgermoles, Sky Bison, Moon&Ocean), they were only given the power to bend by the Lion Turtles.
>>
>>78409661
It was a pretty good series that had a good run. Everyone's expectations were set way too high though.
>>
>>78409719
first two seasons were pretty weak
>>
File: 1381199356978.png (312 KB, 586x489) Image search: [Google]
1381199356978.png
312 KB, 586x489
>>78409661
just off the top of my head?
>completely flubs the comradery and group dynamic that was so prevalent in last aibender
>never knowing just how many seasons they where going to get hurt the writing in the short and long term
>Korra is a fuck up, which isnt bad on its own, in fact its a nice contrast to Aang. The problem is that no one treats her like a fuck up when she gets her ass kicked or does/says stupid things. We are expted to just throw roses at her feet and forgive her every time
>Amon being a cool intimidating villain becomes incredibly stupid in order for Korra to win
>the Gaang are apparently all shitty parents, and we see almost nothing of them.
>Season two is incredibly bad save for the Wan episodes. Teen drama and bullshit out the whazoo
>gravity related problems aside, how did they control a mech made out of anti metal bending metal with metal bending?
>last minute lesbians, and then covering up their shitty contrived writing by saying anyone who thinks its stupid has "hetronormative lenses"

At least season 3 was pretty great for the most part, stand out moment being Tenzin maning the fuck up and completely bodying the main villain one on one
>>
>>78409854
>didn't bother explaining how Amon was able to take away a person's bending
Wouldn't it just be the same way Aang did?
Lionturtle taught him or some shit.
>>
>>78409661
The force sjw agenda
>>
>>78410312
>the Gaang are apparently all shitty parents, and we see almost nothing of them.
Your other points sure okay but this wasn't about them nigga.
>>
>>78410347
The thing is Amon uses bloodbending not spirit energy. So its either some blood clot or something he has to do to be permanent without constant control
>>
>>78410347
Amon used blood bending to do it, not spirit bending. So I guess we are just supposed to assume that a key component in bending lies in the brain or some chakra near there and Amon uses blood bending to fuck it up for his victim
>>
>>78409661
Just the hairy neck mankids raging because their ships didn't sail.
>>
>>78409661
I didn't like any of the villains enough, Or any of the heros. People can agree that the red lotus was good at least but with 4 seasons that's not enough.
>>
>>78409661
Everything
*unzips pants and pisses on Korra's grave*
I'm glad Nick cancelled this shit
>>
>>78410407
>So I guess we are just supposed to assume that a key component in bending lies in the brain or some chakra near there and Amon uses blood bending to fuck it up for his victim
Well if you had your mind chakra blocked maybe you wouldn't be able to access your shit.
But then Korra was releasing it via spirit bending no?
So... are you sure Amon wasn't spirit bending?
Or just another oversight?
>>
>>78409661

It followed the best animated series ever. That means there's going to be butthurt fanboys no matter how good it is. The only thing that can be considered properly bad is the love triangle.
>>
>>78410373
well the cast of Last airbender was one of its biggest draws, and a great deal of what we see in Korra is a direct result of their actions. So we get like two flashbacks, Katara babying Korra, Zuko showing up for all of two seconds, and Toph beating the shit out of people for a bit. While its not essential its a big missed opportunity for some cool action with the old favorites in their prime and some world building
>>
>>78410312
>>Korra is a fuck up, which isnt bad on its own, in fact its a nice contrast to Aang. The problem is that no one treats her like a fuck up when she gets her ass kicked or does/says stupid things. We are expted to just throw roses at her feet and forgive her every time
this was the worst part to me. Season 1 is just Korra fucking up endlessly and being an idiot. Hell most of the other characters like Tenzin and Lin were like that too. Everyone was incompetent
>>
>>78410451
He was plot bending because they didn't think about it that much
>>
>>78410451
I just asumed Aang magically giving Korra the avatar state (to spite her never clearing her chakra's like he did, to spite her being more of an emotional rollercoaster then he ever was) let her access blood bending as well for that. Seems reasonable enough that Aang would know some blood bending and used it through Korra to fix Amons brain fuckery.

Or ya it could just be another oversight. Probaly that.
>>
>>78410451
Amon used Bloodbending to block the chakras. Korra's Energybending was able to reverse its effects.

>>78410312
>completely flubs the comradery and group dynamic that was so prevalent in last aibender
This isn't Avatar: The Last Airbender

>never knowing just how many seasons they where going to get hurt the writing in the short and long term
This isn't a fair problem. They knew they were getting 3 more seasons after Book 1 was pretty late into production. They, however, weren't getting a ton more episodes per season, which made them go with the contained stories.

>Amon being a cool intimidating villain becomes incredibly stupid in order for Korra to win
But he doesn't?

>the Gaang are apparently all shitty parents
Toph wasn't that great, but the rest of them we learn about were good parents.

> and we see almost nothing of them.
This isn't Avatar: The Last Airbender

>Season two is incredibly bad save for the Wan episodes. Teen drama and bullshit out the whazoo
the second half wan't that bad.

>gravity related problems aside, how did they control a mech made out of anti metal bending metal with metal bending?
Kuvira used the meteories to control mechanisms that moved the mech. She wasn't literally bending the entire mech.

>last minute lesbians, and then covering up their shitty contrived writing by saying anyone who thinks its stupid has "hetronormative lenses"
The end was just Korra and Asami deciding to try going out and see if it works. It's no different than two bi friends doing the same.
>>
>>78410707
>Korra's Energybending was able to reverse its effects.
Why?
Aang needed a physical fix to remove the broken link in his chakra.
Korra's bending wasn't able to heal it.

Seems like a load to me.
>>
>>78410002
But that's what makes it bad.
The anime itself is also bad. But this game in particular is just really bad.
>>
>>78410445
Its getting a comic
>>
>>78409661
the game was only 15 dollars, I hope it gets a sequel where they can fine tune it.

Oh wait I am on /co/ the show was fucking shit
>>
>>78410806
>Why?
Precisely.

Why?

Bryke never explained how Amon's powers worked. If it was just bloodbending, why couldn't any other bloodbender undo it?
>>
>>78410861
A Korrasami comic. Because screw rebuilding the city or the Earth Kingdom, and nevermind that third gate to hell right in the middle of a massive population center. It's all about lesbian vacations.
>>
>>78410922
That's a point.
Katara was a blood bender during the full moon.
Why couldn't she just bing bam that shit?
>>
File: 1403719723290.jpg (237 KB, 749x701) Image search: [Google]
1403719723290.jpg
237 KB, 749x701
>>78410707
you want to throw down champ? Ok I got nothing better to do
>This isn't Avatar: The Last Airbender
Comradery in a show that has a focus on a small group of characters should be important. I should feel they need and appreciate each other. I dont get that in Korra because they never take the time to really bond as a group. We get nothing like the Boiling Rock, Bato of the Water tribe, or The Drill, episodes where everyone contributes in their unique way or characters in the group really get to know and depend on eachother.

>This isn't a fair problem. They knew they were getting 3 more seasons after Book 1 was pretty late into production. They, however, weren't getting a ton more episodes per season, which made them go with the contained stories.
Not a great excuse to have a sever lack of forshadowing and overarching plot lines. 3 seasons should have been enough for that, 4 seasons should have been plenty.

>But he doesn't?
He loses because face paint and water bending is enough to dispel a fanatical movment with a cause grounded enough to raise real issues. In fact its even worse, he loses also because "somehow" Korra gets air bending to spite her training going absolutely nowhere

>Toph wasn't that great, but the rest of them we learn about were good parents.
There was like half an episode about how Aang heavily favored Tenzin over his other kids

>the second half wan't that bad.
it really is, and I'll actually give a reason for it unlike you. Spirit asspulls, the entire absurdity of its position on good/evil and balance, the dark avatar, spirit kaiju fight, even more emotional drama bullshit.

>Kuvira used the meteories
fair point, I had forgotten about that. Still doesnt explain why some of the best earth benders the world had to offer couldnt take advantage of that from the outside.

>defending last minute lesbians
http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/105916338157/korrasami-is-canon-you-can-celebrate-it-embrace
straight from the horses mouth.
>>
>>78411086
>to spite
Why the Fuck do you keep memeing this. It's "despite". Holy shit you keep triggering me with that
>>
I felt like the pacing was really terrible throughout season 1, and though it got better the plots got progressively worse.
>>
>>78411365
to spite your post, I seriously cant muster the strength to care
>>
File: LoK-fails.png (162 KB, 1285x976) Image search: [Google]
LoK-fails.png
162 KB, 1285x976
>>78409661
>>
>>78410984
That is what is going to happen in it fool
>>
>>78413396
Mary sue stopped reading right there
>>
>>78413502
We care.
>>
Cunts like OP who wanted Mako to win.
>>
>>78410984
>spirit world
>gates of hell
What is next, Sants Claus is the devil bewitching little children?
>>
>>78409661
the writing
>>
File: 1431595489273.jpg (74 KB, 1160x475) Image search: [Google]
1431595489273.jpg
74 KB, 1160x475
>>78413502
he is, if you think about it. Better explanations on pic related.
>>
>>78409854
Amon was able to take bending away by use of blood bending.This was explained near the end of season 1.
>>
>>78410312
I'm cool with Korra's idiocy but she never fucking learns or grows.

Having her bending remove could have been the greatest thing to happen to her character. She could learn violence can't solve everything and she could maybe empathize with the plight of non-benders in the next season (that was a decent plot line anyway) and work towards getting her bending back

But no. She gets everything handed to her for never developing as a character at all
>>
I don't even care that these threads get made all the time, but how are you guys still replying seriously? You'd think after a year you'd get over it.
>>
>>78410856
Funny, the game is literally the only thing I liked about LoK aside from Book 3 finale.
>>
File: Korra nude angry.png (850 KB, 1038x1293) Image search: [Google]
Korra nude angry.png
850 KB, 1038x1293
>>78415143
This, desu f a m. The LoK game was a fun romp for what it was. Got it for 5 bucks and got more than my money's worth
>>
>>78413559
Looks like you do
>>
>>78413759
No it wasn't.
>>
>>78409661
Liked it overall.

The absolute worst thing it did was more meta in nature. Korrasami was an asspull but I wouldn't mind it so much if that was where it ended, with the show.

But it was a crackship. Now shippers, who were already obnoxious to begin with, are using it as precedence to justify any and all ships no matter how far out of left field they are. "Well if LoK could do it..."

Prior to LoK, I could laugh at them and call them all imbeciles with confidence that such retardation could never become canon. But now...now there will always be a sliver of doubt. Two characters interacting with each other in a platonic manner, a manner in which only autists could misconstrue as having sexual tension layered behind it, could now in fact have a hidden meaning. The precedent is there and will always be there.
>>
same with the star wars prequel:
>it expend the world for sure but everything else shit on whats is established in the main serie
>focus more on relationship than a good plot.
>so many asspulls
>all the dindu vilains
>MC is trash.
should have focused of Wan
>>
File: Doctor 1.jpg (61 KB, 511x384) Image search: [Google]
Doctor 1.jpg
61 KB, 511x384
>>78409661
>>
>>78420638
Wan and Raava was easily the worst part of season 2
>>
>>78420759
Wan was the only part of season 2 that didn't make me want to blow my brains out.

Raava and her shit with Vaatu were kind of shit, but she was barely a side character in those two episodes that made the season worth watching.
>>
>>78409661

>Relationships are written with little detail, but surprising prominence
>ZERO carry over of Equalists from season one
>Asami does nothing for three books despite being listed as a member of the team
>Little to no "filler" episodes which means that character development is either rushed or happens between seasons off-screen
>Fucking Lin Bei Fong
>>
>>78415143
>only thing
>except not
>>
File: 1449437953260.jpg (82 KB, 500x702) Image search: [Google]
1449437953260.jpg
82 KB, 500x702
Not enough Korra abs.
>>
The pacing was shit because they kept trying to wrap up every single loose end in a season.

Like that bullshit with Zaheer in season 4. All you need to do to get over PTSD is face your abuser and have him tell you "don't be afraid!"
>>
>>78415021

That's literally what happens to hear at the end of season 3 and almost all of season 4.
>>
>>78423075
Does it though? Because season 4 is specificly solved by and with violence yet again, and her problem is magic'd away twice, once by stumbling upon Toph and afterwards by Zaheer telling her the same thing everyone else allready told her many times over.
>>
>>78423151

Korra barely fights anyone season 4. Plus she is supposed to be very depressed at that point thinking she is worthless and also has mercury poisoning that still lingers.
>>
File: She-Ra vs Korra.jpg (578 KB, 1460x860) Image search: [Google]
She-Ra vs Korra.jpg
578 KB, 1460x860
>>
>>78423232
So? She still solves the problem ith violence. She is also told repeatedly to solve the issue with violence.

The only thing that she did was work towards getting her bending back, but even that problem was solved for her, by Toph and Zaheer.

It was a good setup for character development which she needed, but it didn't deliver on it. She didn't learn anything from the experience, except for supposed compassion (which she didn't need to learn because she had that all along). They did however seem to neuter her character from the moment in the spirit world with Kuvira, but it didn't follow from her experiences, it just happened because.
>>
>>78423271
>wearing pants is dressing like a man
>>
File: 1395980911175.gif (1 MB, 520x375) Image search: [Google]
1395980911175.gif
1 MB, 520x375
>>78409661
Flat characters mainly. A lot of the story issues could have been solved with just better more interesting characters/villains and a few more episodes a season to help flesh things out. Season 2 is the only one I can think of that had a lot of major issues.

Also, the writers tried to do the whole gray morality thing too many times while never committing to it fully. Amon, Kuvira, Unalaq, Zaheer. It's obvious all of their stories were conceived by the writers to be dealing with gray morality yet instead of actually following through they just made them look like crazy psychopaths with almost no redeeming qualities anyway. I don't know if its because the writers weren't good enough to present logical cases in their favor without Korra seeming like the villain or if Nick just wanted them to be ebil villains so they had to tone it down because they thought kids would respond to a black/white story more.
>>
>>78410501
The best western animated series or the best animated series...?

Think carefully before you answer
>>
>>78423357
Amon was an okay shot at grey morality, because he was genuinely a little disgusted by and afraid of the power he possessed as a bending prodigy. Him wanting to get rid of it and amassing a following of normies to do so felt like a legitimate goal. I'd have liked to see Amon as the villain of season four. Like find some other way for the other seasons to take place, then have this ravaged country that's been overtaken by spirit bullshit and torn to pieces by benders. The common people are pissed and even the bending elites can grant that some real awful shit has gone down thanks to psychopaths with special powers. Along comes a guy who wants to get rid of all that. Of course people will want to follow him.

But yeah, the other three absolutely came off as psychpaths.
>>
>>78423795
I think Amon was the better out of the three but my a big issue is there is no development or build up at all. Unless I'm misremembering the first and one of the only times we ever see benders abusing normal people is after shit has already gone down and people are rioting. Like you said it would have probably been best during season 3-4 and it would have given more screentime for incidents of benders oppressing normal people and not seeming like they were just jealous.
>>
>>78423298
not him, but i'm sure that's not how water tribe woman normally dress
>>
>>78420769
Varrick was the best part of Season 2.
>>
>>78423963
My big issue was that industrialization and globalization had made bending irrelevant. In Aang's time benders were extremely useful as laborers and soldiers, their power making them vastly more effective than a regular person. Now there are machines that can do an earthbender's heavy lifting or whatever.

And in Republic City, bending no longer has any cultural meaning. A hundred years prior, besides people's cities being designed with and around bending and they all had their own national mythos for how their people developed those powers.

It would be completely natural for people to revile bending given how different their lives became in the last century.
>>
>>78409661
>Korra is an utter failure as an Avatar and friend by every imaginable metric
>zero chemistry between the main group, most characters are wooden or one dimensional
>bastardizes the lore of the old series while writing future ones into a corner
>bad fight choreography
>bad pacing/writing in general
>'humor' is a war crime
>Jinora is a better Avatar than the Avatar
>show ends with a retarded mech fight and tumblr pandering
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.