[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frank Miller is planning Sin City: The Homefront with Nazis in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: 201512231758.jpg (71 KB, 450x354) Image search: [Google]
201512231758.jpg
71 KB, 450x354
I haven't seen a thread about this.

>Over at Tech Times, I got to interview Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello about DKIII, which was a fun assignment as these two have developed quite a roadshow cameraderie. Issue #2 of the series came out today, and the plot is thickening, as are the number of players from the DCU.

>Miller has also been quite enthusiastic about upcoming projects on his DKIII press tour and convention appearances, with works ranging from a kids book to Dark Knight IV. And now, he told me, a new Sin City story set in the past:

>I’m planning a new Sin City that will be called The Homefront, set during World War II. It will be an American Secret Service agent and French Resistance leader up against the Nazi movement in New York City. Set in 1942, when America was first getting into the war, the sleeping giant was starting to be woken. One of the things I’m doing the research for right now is to show how powerful the Nazi movement was in the United States. There will be Nazi group meetings in Sin City. And all the fashions I love to draw, the hats, the trench coats, and the cars.

>Now hearing that Frank Miller is working on a Nazi story may alarm some given some of his past statements, but he assured me, “They’re the bad guys!”
Nazi imagery has appeared before in Miller’s work, including Bruno, a henchperson of the Joker’s who wore swastikas over the key areas (above) in The Dark Knight Returns. And of course, there were Nazis in The Spirit movie, although their appearance has never been explained.

>According to Azzarello the cover for this has been drawn. So maybe winging your way to a comics shop some day?
>>
>>78408463
>>Now hearing that Frank Miller is working on a Nazi story may alarm some given some of his past statements

that is literally the most sjw sentence ever written
>>
>>78408463
>works ranging from a kids book

I want to see All Ages Frank Miller
>>
>>78409192
Rusty robot sequel please.
>>
>>78409192
He's actually planning to do a Carrie Kelly all-ages book
>>
>>78409192
Didn't one of his works get adapted as a kids show?
>>
>>78409348
Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot
>>
>>78409348
Big guy and rusty robot fox kids http://youtu.be/wU_ljMDJ4uk
>>
>>78408505
Seriously, how the fuck did they come around to the conclusion that he was a Nazi sympathizer? He may be a bit zany but he's not a fucking Nazi.
>>
>>78409452
>Doesn't promote diversity in his comics.
>Doesn't create strong women.
>Writes sexist comics.

How is he not a Nazi sympathizer?
>>
>>78408505
>>78409452
Remember, if you have Nazi imagery in your work, you're a Nazi. Just like if you have the Confederate flag anywhere, you're a racist by extension.

We need to hide these images for future generations, we could potentially trigger someone and hurt their feelings. Best thing to do is pretend the past never happened.
>>
>swastika buttcheeks
>swastika titties
>pubic hair probably shaved into a swastika
Okay, we get it, you're a Nazi. Geez.
>>
>>78410180
>>78410325
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>78408505
Actually that was her being sarcastic.

There was an earlier entry where she said that a Mary Sue article and comments section that bashed Miller was everything she hated about the internet.
>>
>>78409310
>>78409348
>>78409419

Big Guy and Rusty wasnt an All Ages book.
People got mauled, mutilated and deformed there.
>>
>>78410325
>Not knowing about Nazi-Tits
Merry Christmas, /tv/
>>
CAN'T KILL THE MILLER

LIBKEKS ON ETERNAL SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>78410180
>>Doesn't promote diversity in his comics.
>>Doesn't create strong women

But he does both of those.
>>
That sounds more focused than Hell And Back...which was good, but got too weird
>>
>>78410180
>who is Elektra
>who is Martha Washington
>who is Carrie Kelly
>>
>>78412891
>Famous because of the show, not Miller.
>Literally who
>Just a Robin
>>
>>78413225
>>Literally who

/tv/ poster outed
>>
>>78412334
E B I N
>>
>>78413225
I can't handle how dank your memes are.
>>
>>78409452
I don't blame you for not reading very far into All Star Batman and Robin, but Batman's interactions with Green Lantern is basically a pro-fascist speech that makes the hero of the book morally equivalent to Sinestro.
>>
>>78413738
Yeah Bruce is meant to be shit until he realizes him being shit ruined his new sidekick.
>>
>>78409338
Now that is actually a thing that scares me.

What's the all ages word for whore?
>>
>>78408463
I'd bang those Nazi bongos.
>>
>>78414747
>Carrie Kelly
>Whore

Anon pls. She is the only pure Robin left
>>
>>78414796
joke

your head
>>
>>78414796
>pure
The end of dksa implied Bruce was soon going to be hitting it.
>>
Well, anything that keeps him from following up on 300 is A-OK in my book.

>>78414772
I'd bingo-bango those bongos.
>>
>>78414844
:(
>>
>>78414796
Except Bruce totally railed her.

Dick was the only sane one who called him out on it.
>>
>>78414870
What page
>>
>>78408463
>Frank Miller
>Whores
>Nazis

Goddamn, is any other comic book creator so hopelessly hemmed in, creatively?
>>
>>78410266
>Just like if you have the Confederate flag anywhere, you're a racist by extension.
God you just reminded me of this one news story where some teenage girl vandalized a guy's truck because he had a confederate flag sticker on it. The girl even had the nerve to write a passive aggressive note claiming how not racist she was.
>>
>>78417358
Morrison

> meta fiction
> superheroes can save us
>>
>>78417554
>superheroes are saving us RIGHT NOW
>>
>>78417376
>art project for school
>made a series of characters playing on stereotypes
>one was a hick
>look up confederate flag for reference
>save on public computer
>come back a day later to a passive aggressive message typed into the file calling me a racist Nascar loving asshole
>I'm black
>>
>>78417578
NASCAR as a motorsport is really really lame to watch but actually quite pure and interesting from a driving perspective
>>
Actually this makes sense if you believe Frank Miller is trying to stage a comeback.

No one would care if Miller did a jingoistic book about killing Nazis, since unlike Islamic Fundamentalists, Nazis don't have white knights defending them in the mainstream liberal media.

He can use them as villains and no one would bat an eye about his right wing rhetoric whatsoever.
>>
Question. Was Bruno DC's first Transexual villian?

>>78414747
Dancer.

>>78417776
I think the hilarious thing about this is that Miller really isn't even that right wing. He's literally a law and order NYC type. I guess with the backdrop being other comic book writers, he looks completely nutso.
>>
>>78409452
He's a nazi fetishist.
That's obnoxious enough.
>>
>>78410337
>reddit Reddit rEDDIt REDDIT AAAAA HA HA HA HAAAA

What the fuck is the matter with you?
>>
File: BroadCityIlanaJerkOff.gif (2 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
BroadCityIlanaJerkOff.gif
2 MB, 500x278
>>78417776
>unlike Islamic Fundamentalists, Nazis don't have white knights defending them in the mainstream liberal media.
>>
>>78420473
hey man nazis have feeling too
strong feelings about this interracial jewess
gettin in an oven
all hot n sweat
askin to be let out
fuck
there's no one else on guard
you could sneak her thru the fence maybe
>"how can I ever thank you..."
>>
>>78417776
>Nazis don't have white knights defending them in the mainstream liberal media.

Give it a few years. Eventually documents will come out showing that Hitler was a Transgender PoC.
>>
>>78412891
>>
>>78417358

I find it comforting honestly. If I ever just wake up one day and decide "Today I'm in a Whores and Nazis mood " I know exactly where to go.
>>
>>78408463
>Nazi Ass-cheeks
Help.
I'm dying.
>>
>>78413225
>gives works
>NUH-UH NEVER HEARD OF IT LALALA
>>
>>78408463
>frank miller lacks creativity but wants money
>>
>>78414873
I've got spurs that jingle-jangle-jingle
>Jingle-jangle!
>>
>>78408463
>Frank Miller
>girl with swastikas on her ass.

Fucking kek
>>
After overcoming his wizard battle with Alan Moore, I wouldn't think he had the strength to plan anything

I thought Moore broke his spirit with his snake magic
>>
>>78418270
>Was Bruno DC's first Transexual villian?
Ultra-Humanite, I think.
>>
>>78422718
I could've sworn I had that gif of Hitler as a proud fat woman of colour somewhere...
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.