[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has there ever been a superman story where he was adopted by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: superman.jpg (153 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
superman.jpg
153 KB, 600x421
has there ever been a superman story where he was adopted by abusive parents
>>
>>78401249
Red Son.
>>
I'm more interested in those pink kryptonite stories.
>>
>>78401264
he wasn't really abused in that they still loved him, im talking about bad home, life beatings mental abuse.
>>
>>78401279
The New 52 Ultraman was adopted by meth addicted white trash Kents. Not sure if that counts.
>>
>>78401366
kinda but ultraman wasn't born with his powers, didn't her get them from space
>>
>>78401415
As I recall he got them by snorting kryptonite like a drug.
>>
>>78401249
Irredeemable
>>
>>78401366
New 52 Ultraman was born a Kryptonian, but he abused his Earth parents, not vice versa.
>>
File: 18zcre2gfykqnpng.png (1 MB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
18zcre2gfykqnpng.png
1 MB, 800x1067
>>78401428
Yup
>>
>>78401435
i read that, his girlfriend was a bitch.
i would love to see a story where clark kent is brought up in a abusive house and see if he is still well superman
>>
>>78401458
Probably not, because making Superman evil is the thing to do right now.
>>
>>78401249
In some sense, Supreme Power by JMS. Though it's not as straightforwardly abusive as what you may be looking for.
>>
>>78401249
I don't know how parents could abuse Superman. They can't hurt him physically, he doesn't need to eat so they can't starve him, can't drown him, can't really rape him without him clenching their dick off. So what exactly could they do to him?
>>
There was an elseworld where Superman's rocket lands on Apokolips.
>>
>>78401249
Man of Murder
>>
>>78403017
i didn't know he didn't have to eat. well emotional abuse can just be as bad
>>
>>78401435
Well, ONE of his parents was abusive. The other topped herself off. Little Plutonian was the first one to find her body seconds afterward.

He had a second batch, they were still alive by the time of his rampage, I can't remember how they treated him.
>>
>>78401249
Not entirely related but while on a road trip I started imagining an "other side of the fence" story where a boom tube drops a bunch of New God infants and tech onto the property of a strict but fair farmer living near the Kents.
Jonathan decides to hide the truth about Clark and all that, while this guy has his New God kids doing civil service for the whole country like it were house chores.
>Pa, can we go play with the other kids in Smallville?
>You help them coast folk lug that oil tanker out the water and clean up that oil spill like you supposed to boy?
>Yes sir.
>Run along.

Hard to remember all the little moments but one of my favorites was the MIB showing up to threaten and intimidate this deathly quiet Clint Eastwood looking farmer into handing over his kids and tech, and he's just rocking back and forth ominously.
As soon as someone crosses the line his rocking chair's revealed to be a chop-shop Mobius Chair.
He doesn't even fight back, his shields are impenetrable, their weapons are useless. He just keeps rocking.
>>
>>78403549

IIRC correctly they were terrified of him.
Lived in an isolated place and communicated via chalk board because they were terrified he might hear them.

They also had a child with brain damage.
I don't recall of the plutonian was the direct cause of it though.
>>
>>78401458
I think that would be kinda ridiculous because then it would imply his superpower was being good too
>>
>>78405181

There are some pretty convincing arguments that genuine absolute power would have to be benevolent.
>>
>>78405181
There's implication that that's the case in some stories though it kind of undercuts the good Ma and Pa did.
A good middle ground would have him not be the same as Real Supes but still become a good person in spite of his abuse.
>>
>>78401445
I love showing this page out of context to my Gokutard friends. They just flip their shit every time. They still don't know the truth.
>>
>>78405447
Holy shit you're right, the angles make it look like Superman since you don't see Ultraman's emblems.
>>
>>78405339
I don't neccesarily think it undercuts it, if you look at Red Son he's good but has a subtle corrupt side (he's turned dissidents into Superman Robots for example).
>>
File: Photothe12-1.png (75 KB, 247x278) Image search: [Google]
Photothe12-1.png
75 KB, 247x278
>>78405447
Huh.
Time to piss off my friends later.
>>
>>78406668
I've already started
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.